Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations - Music/Radio (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations (53044 Views)

2019 Soundcity MVP Awards Winners' List / See Full Winners List At Soundcity MVP Awards 2019 / Soundcity MVP Awards Winners (See FULL List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by Cutehector(m): 6:48am On Sep 21, 2023
Jayz even had to pay his respects to mohbad.
Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by LarryCork: 6:49am On Sep 21, 2023
Islandlady:
Yes, Ban all his trashy musics, we won't miss it, He deserves it!!!

Not gonna lie, mohbad death pain me diee cry
I saw a past video of him crying on an hospital bed, I cried too...Soo heartbreakingcry cry

Sentiment aside...He really tormented, oppressed and harassed that poor guy on top wetinwicked soul

....naira Mali have moiney...u dont...so please quit nagggggin & stop hating.
... go n find man & go n find jobs
..u aint even lightskin!!!((no oofencse)
angry
Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by Jkilo: 6:51am On Sep 21, 2023
laprince:
As much as I only know just a bit of this issue. I would rather he is properly investigated first. Thereafter, all the banning can come.

Punishment before proper investigation is not always the best idea.
Trust me, Nigerians are the best when it comes to unveiling the truth. You really want to entrust the investigation of Mohbads death into the hands of the police or DSS? Really?? Did you not hear that amidst all the criminal open show of a dilapidated lifestyle of this so called Naira Marley, that he was still crested as an NDLEA ambassador?? Bros the guy is evil and everything he stands for. This is his end.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by LarryCork: 6:53am On Sep 21, 2023
Jkilo:

Trust me, Nigerians are the best when it comes to unveiling the truth. You really what to entrust the investigation of Mohbads death into the hands of the police or DSS? Really?? Did you hear that amidst all the criminal open show of a dilapidated lifestyle of this so called Naira Marley, that he was still crested as an NDLEA ambassador?? Bros the guy is evil and everything he stands for. This is his end.

Which nigeria??
Which best?? .. which truth sir?....Did they find Osama bin landi sir?(no oofense) angry
Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by Exceed15: 6:58am On Sep 21, 2023
Toluabigr8:

Where is the proof that tinubu is choking you?

Even toddlers can see the proofs. Brainwashed supporters.
Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by DonroxyII: 7:12am On Sep 21, 2023
blaise26abj:

Let the investigation be done before Nairaland Marley is crucified . I am not saying he isn’t guilty . I am saying there is a possibility he is innocent. Let him be judged fairly.
We are always quick to react to issues like this with emotions and atones when we get it wrong we end up with another victim .
FYI KIZZ was harassed too . Though legally . He is still doing well . Mohbad was doing well too outside his former record label . It is so painful that he is dead . But if people knew about his ordeal and they did nothing but started all these jungle justice and stupid emotional blackmail after he is dead , then that is pure hypocrisy.
Nobody would interfere when you ain't dead ... People dies everyday .... No Issue but If You Can know the Assailants without anything Anarchy shall loom ....

So, You Must Understand the emotions & its going international....

Marley & Larry wouldn't get Murder nor Manslaughter But They Will Definitely Get Punished for the Psychological & Physiological Warfare they launched at the Boy and Marley/Marley label is forever Gone ....

The Boy was Depressed & Most of His Late Days Music Comes from Depression due to his Stars Collapsing within Him ....

He knew Death is Coming Unfortunately He was much into the "World" Himself such that he doesn't have the requisite skills to Fight off what was Coming ....

The worst for Mohbad ... He doesn't have real people around him from his parents to Street... This is Africa, They will make you to Sap Out Yourself without trace to anybody ....

I saw "Immaturities" Written all Over his Death from Him to His Assailants Back n Forth .....

It was a Slow Death on a Gradual step by step Basis From Emotional/Psychological(Spiritual) Warfare to Physical Assaults ....

The Moral of the story to me is "Don't Go to War with People wey pass You, They will take you Out" .....

Marley/Larry would probably go to Jail for Assaults But Definitely not Murder Except There is Foul Plays with the Hospital & Everything Then That's left to the Detectives to Uncover but base on what’s Online .....

Nobody is On Murder/Manslaughter!
Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by DonroxyII: 7:13am On Sep 21, 2023
armyofone:

Battle of the inner sef against seen and unforseen entities.

RIP mohbad.
You get it ✅👌
Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by KendrickAyomide: 7:19am On Sep 21, 2023
Gajagojo:

That is how Nigerian minds work especially those who grew up on kerosene cooked good and go to Pentecostal churches
Very toxic,bitter and frustrated people
ogun kill u there cheesy grin naira marley is canceled forever. Thunder faya ur empty brain . U just dey cry follower everywhere. Cant change nothing. The animal is canceled

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by cococandy(f): 7:23am On Sep 21, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
go to Twitter and see all the evidences there

I don’t have twitter. That’s probably why I don’t have the full picture. Oh well. Thanks anyway
Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by dennisworld1(m): 7:23am On Sep 21, 2023
REIIGN:
Excellent! That bastard must pay for what he did to that innocent soul. He killed that boys spirit long before they took his body. Such people should never be role models.
how did he kill the boy
Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by IamAtAnger: 7:24am On Sep 21, 2023
Hypocrites.. do you know how many innocents are murdered on a daily... juz becos this one dey trend?... FOOL... una go leave relevant issues dey follow irrelevant ones... that's why politicians go use una dey catch cruise... on wetin go impact for the country Nigerian youth will be divided, if not by tribalism, bigotry, etc... na rubbish wey dey trend una go dey form useless one voice[quote author=Jkilo post=125924374][/quote]
Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by KendrickAyomide: 7:24am On Sep 21, 2023
Gajagojo:

That is your wish
Very childish and naive
So you believe he cannot package another Music company without his face or name?
Some of you are so emotional and ignorant it is unbelievable
you just be phool. Confirmed phool

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by 8stargeneral: 7:27am On Sep 21, 2023
inoki247:
Lol so like this na to go back to Peckham and resume the old ways....

Omo him retirement quick...
That's how God punish the wicked ones...the day he will remember your evils,that's the day everything about you are gone

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by 8stargeneral: 7:30am On Sep 21, 2023
dosage150:
How do people listen to this guy music?

Me listening to "soapy"?
I wrote him off my playlist after this song
Aswer never played that guy music for one day....too demonic

2 Likes

Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by clydecarson(m): 7:30am On Sep 21, 2023
Calitoscassius:
I asked a simple question and you couldn't answer rather you continue with your social media hate mob mentality.

you goons are just jealous of Nairamarly's success.
until the same thing happens to you then we would see who is jealous...nitwit

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by Onota: 7:49am On Sep 21, 2023
blaise26abj:
Nigerians can be very emotional sha . Jungle justice just dey our blood .
So many things could have led to that young man’s death . Let them investigate and find him guilty first. Cancelling him is just jungle, social media justice .

PS - I don’t like him or his music ( same guy said he wanted to have a three.some with a mom and her daughter) but in my opinion about this matter , he is being judged unfairly .

He may not be guilty of murder but he is guilty of bullying. Atleast for now!

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by Joshua12345(m): 7:50am On Sep 21, 2023
Franzinni:
Ota kpo ju enemy lo ... He has been tried and convicted in the emotional Court of the internet where everyone is a judge.

Well I don't like naira Marley but I know for a fact that Africans in particular suffer severely from the crab in the bucket 🪣 mentality.. Intelligence no go kill you. You too wise

For those who don't know if you put a bunch of crabs in a bucket, even if you leave it and go, none of them will make it out becasue as they try to climb up out of the bucket the ones below will pull them back down 👇👇👇
Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by ukaface(f): 7:55am On Sep 21, 2023
1Sharon:

What does Naira Marley talk about in his songs that other artists don't?
And you think I like other artists music?

And why in the hell will anyone be singing I’m coming upandan?

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by Lanpe: 7:55am On Sep 21, 2023
dosage150:
How do people listen to this guy music?

Me listening to "soapy"?
I wrote him off my playlist after this song
God knows I don't like Naira Marley from the beginning of his career

2 Likes

Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by akimoriyomi(m): 7:59am On Sep 21, 2023
When oyo state radio did this, some nairalanders where saying what kinda move is it? Buh when it comes to international music body now, same people are saying good move. Hypocrisy at its peak.
Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by yahoodetector: 8:06am On Sep 21, 2023
aylagos:
No matter what you do in this life pls try not offend Nigerians ooooo because once you do your own don finish patapata

INEC that offended Nigerians nko? Nigerians put more energy on useless and valueless quests.

If this energy was put on Yakubu Mahmood after what he did the week elections was rigged, we wouldn't be in this present mess.
Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by KingGeedorah(m): 8:15am On Sep 21, 2023
Nigeria's Own Vybz Kartel

nlfpmod:

@AfricaFactsZone
Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by NAC1666: 8:29am On Sep 21, 2023
nlfpmod:

@AfricaFactsZone
Nigerians didnt re-act when he was shouting for help. Now that he is dead,we are just waking up and forming on kind as if we cared. Imagine if he did not die,the guy for still dey go through hell. Please,Nigerians should let the guy RIP. It should be a lesson that people should speak out when wrong is done to others,not until when the person is dead.
Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by MartinsD12(m): 8:42am On Sep 21, 2023
nlfpmod:

@AfricaFactsZone
End of naira Marley, everyday for the theif one day for the owner, mohbad has a strong spirit, I have never seen a musician maltreated to death that people took it upon themselves to seek justice, from what I hear naira Marley is super rich after davido burna and wizkid it's him , he is not drugs has so much estate in Lagos but unfortunately he met his Waterloo by maltreatment of mohbad to death, this is the end of naira Marley

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by tollyboy5(m): 8:45am On Sep 21, 2023
Gajagojo:

You wey sabe music business what are waiting for?start label na.
I don't blame you
I blame the person that overdosed you with eba
O need egba!

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by naturefellow(m): 8:46am On Sep 21, 2023
Drsmartphilips:
say igbos not Nigerians because others voted for him
get off my mention, effing tribalist undecided

when you ever get a chance to visit 'saner climes' and you're discriminated against for your skin colour, don't cry racism. Because you're just a low-budget racist yourself.
Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by tiswell(m): 8:48am On Sep 21, 2023
VEHINTOLAR:

What does "Omoluabi" have to do with any of this,Chinedu ? For you sour losers,everything is still about Igbo versus Yoruba and the last elections ! I'm very sure you neither know a thing about Mohbad nor Naira Marley but this unfortunate incident has presented you and your ilks with yet another opportunity to tonguelash Yoruba people while you disguise it as if you care for Mohbad. As Naira Marley is "Omoluabi" so also was Mohbad,so what's the meaning of your senseless "omoluabi modafvcker" idea ?

Dey play,some of us know that you guys noise is not actually about any love for Mohbad. It is just another opportunity for you sour losers to drag Yoruba people collectively especially now that Mohbad's death is linked to a Yoruba man like him. You mumu can only deceive yourselves. You seek every opportunity to bring Yoruba down ! The nonsense you typed up there is akin to the burning of Lagos by some of your kinsmen during the end sars protests here in Lagos. The same way there was no correlative between the endsars protests and the burning of our city is the same as your senseless "omoluabi" idea now and Naira Marley;no correlative ! Mumu,what do you even know about the "Omoluabi" mantra ? Yeye dey smell,village dwelling monkeys !

Chinedu,you and your ilks really need to get over Mr Peter Obi's loss !

Ola n'iyi
Rest!
Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by Kingson28: 9:05am On Sep 21, 2023
[quote author=We4all post=125920599]He looks like a scarecrow. How he got popular for his trashy music should be regarded as the 8th wonder of the world.

It's not a wonder, it is the madness of Nigerians who have no moral values.
A supposed religious nation where gangsters and druggies like Naira Marley rose to prominence in less than a decade.
It speaks to who we are as a nation.
Those 500000 that unfollowed him recently on Instagram where was their sanity when they followed him?
How could a sensible morally sane person listen to songs by a weed smoker?
We are morally sick in this country.

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by Sucre6: 9:11am On Sep 21, 2023
1Sharon:

Most Nigerian artists take drugs and sing about it. What makes Naira Marley so different?

Is it because he has dreads?

I don't support rubbish reason I won't reply this rhetorical question

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by VEHINTOLAR: 9:13am On Sep 21, 2023
tiswell:
Ola n'iyi
Rest!

Chinedu,Omo oko,go and die !
Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by laprince(m): 9:35am On Sep 21, 2023
Jkilo:

Trust me, Nigerians are the best when it comes to unveiling the truth. You really want to entrust the investigation of Mohbads death into the hands of the police or DSS? Really?? Did you not hear that amidst all the criminal open show of a dilapidated lifestyle of this so called Naira Marley, that he was still crested as an NDLEA ambassador?? Bros the guy is evil and everything he stands for. This is his end.

Honestly, I just feel like Naija system is failing us so bad. I heard the story.
What is Naira Marley doing with as an NDLEA face?

1 Like

Re: Naira Marley's Music Removed By MTV Base & Soundcity; Banned By Radio Stations by dosage150(m): 9:39am On Sep 21, 2023
dragunov:

Well it's not everybody that has sense like you nah! Trust me 😉.
He is not meant to be a celebrity at first instance

Aside Mohbad's death , what's Naira Marley's influence to the society going by his song

It's well

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

‘A Good Time’: Davido New Album Breaks African Album Release Record / Tekena Iyalla Protests At Police Station Over Increased Robbery In Rivers (Pics) / DOWNLOAD Mp3 ALBUM: Burna Boy – Outside [full Album Tracklists Downloads] *new

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.