Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,984 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor (12288 Views)

Enugu: Appeal Court dismisses Edeoga's petition, Affirms PDP's Mbah As Governor / Enugu: Tribunal Sacks House of Reps member Okereke (LP), Returns Pdp's Onwuegbu / Enugu: Tribunal Rejects Mbah’s Request To Strike Out NYSC Certificate Forgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by garfield1: 3:42pm On Sep 21, 2023
rolams:

I carefully examined the case before making a comment here. I said it. fergie001 corroborated me.

The judgement will favour Umo Eno.

Dapo Abiodun may be sacked considering the Kano and Natasha Kogi case.

No,they are different.if umo Eno waec is forged,then he will go down because waec is a constitutional requirement and outside that,he has no other qualification
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by garfield1: 3:43pm On Sep 21, 2023
fergie001:

Umo Eno is home and dry.

That's if his waec is not forged
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by duro4chang(m): 3:46pm On Sep 21, 2023
MEGAWATCH:

Hahahaha!
Are you mistaken me for somebody in Ekiti and Oyo area?
That's where Rice bandits are.
Not at all. We know who you are
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by Blitzerz: 3:48pm On Sep 21, 2023
garfield1:

How e concern apc
Them want kill any new opposition

But God pass them
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by Inosky: 3:49pm On Sep 21, 2023
You guys didn't remember when Mbah went to see Tifnuubu, the king of manipulator in ASSO ROCCK to tell his hapless and cash n carry judges to spear him. I was not expecting otherwise from the judgement. Same way I'm not expecting anything different from the supreme court ruling of presidential election even if Joe Biden comes to testify in court.
NYSC is not required to contest governorship election in Nigeria, yet he submitted forged NYSC certificate under oath to INEC and the NYSC body came and testified it was a fake certificate.

9ja Jud!c!ary maybe defined a place cr!m!nals come and get certified and exonerated of their crimes and given a political office.
Shame.

1 Like

Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by garfield1: 3:57pm On Sep 21, 2023
Blitzerz:

Them want kill any new opposition

But God pass them

But the case is lp vs pdp.
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by rolams(m): 4:06pm On Sep 21, 2023
drugBaronTINUBU:

mumu

INEC will now go and clear what is not in their possesion?

why una mumu like this for this country?

You lack manners. Learn to make a constructive argument sensibly.

Is INEC the DSS? Look, you read news and posted the link here and I only asked a very simple reasonable question after reading. Show me where it is written in that news that Mbah submitted the NYSC certificate.

You people always failed to get to the root of election matters before airing your views.

I came here two days ago to say it clearly that Mbah will win at the court. I have no party and I am not a politician but I follow every political issues and express my unbiased view.

I have trained my children never to be biased too. Learn to be polite.
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by rolams(m): 4:07pm On Sep 21, 2023
garfield1:

No,they are different.if umo Eno waec is forged,then he will go down because waec is a constitutional requirement and outside that,he has no other qualification

Supreme court has ruled in favour of Umo Eno before.
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by Blitzerz: 4:11pm On Sep 21, 2023
garfield1:

But the case is lp vs pdp.
After inec by mahmood halted the election when LP was winning.

Besides, APC ideology = PDP ideology
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by TheOldGods: 4:19pm On Sep 21, 2023
rolams:

Is INEC the DSS? Look, you read news and posted the link here and I only asked a very simple reasonable question after reading. Show me where it is written in that news that Mbah submitted the NYSC certificate.

You people always failed to get to the root of election matters before airing your views.

I came here two days ago to say it clearly that Mbah will win at the court. I have no party and I am not a politician but I follow every political issues and express my unbiased view.

mbah can only win at the state court, and that it. Just like oyetola did, I keep saying, only apeal and supreme can sack mbah, state court is state court
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by garfield1: 4:21pm On Sep 21, 2023
Blitzerz:

After inec by mahmood halted the election when LP was winning.

Besides, APC ideology = PDP ideology

Oga,this thread is about pdp and lp so blame only pdp
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by garfield1: 4:22pm On Sep 21, 2023
rolams:

Supreme court has ruled in favour of Umo Eno before.

Because the case was wrongly and prematurely filed not on the merit.i told I told you this.nysc isn't a constitutional but waec, neco,GCE are
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by ValarDoharis: 4:28pm On Sep 21, 2023
Can't you see that the judgement is fraudulent? The Nigerian judiciary is getting corrupted but you're happy until you or a relative have a court case then you'd understand the damage being done
Cyberterror:
When Rev. Father Ejike Mbaka laid hands on Gov. Peter Mbah and blessed him before the election, you could sense it that all his opponents would labour in vain like Peter Obi.
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by ValarDoharis: 4:29pm On Sep 21, 2023
So you can't see that the judgement is fraudulent?
Unbiased1:
What of the fake NYSC case? Looking at the tribunal judgement, it is clear that the people advising Labour Party candidates are doing a very bad job. How can you be taking matters to court without any valid evidence? These guys just used "hearsay" as an evidence that the election was rigged. I'm so disappointed in this party.
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by fergie001: 4:31pm On Sep 21, 2023
garfield1:

That's if his waec is not forged
Asides the over-voting claims, these are OBA's grounds in his petition:
1. The rearranging of names in Eno's Certificate.
2. 1981 and 1983 results, one or both are forged
3. Expulsion from UNIUYO.

My take is this
A. As it is now known, the onus of proving forgery is on the petitioner who must produce two documents, the forged and the original.

OBA, under oath, as a witness said he doesn't have possession of the original.

B. The Deputy Registrar testified that Eno was not expelled and an Admin 1 Staff can not authorise such a letter of such magnitude. The Admin Staff was not subpoenaed from his workplace, he is practically a non-existent Daniel Akpan.

The expulsion letter was forged, according to the senior staff from UNIUYO.

C. WAEC testified before the open Court in Akan Okon v Eno, and this went up to the SC, so like Adeleke re-litigating same without new evidence is a waste of time.

D. In the same Akan Okon v Eno, the Nigeria Police also confirmed that the result was authentic and does belong to Eno.

E. The arrangement of names have long been settled in decisive authorities.

So how will the Court set aside a judgement that has gone all the hog. The Appeal Court decided it on its merit.

The Petition lacks merit, weak, unreliable and full of hearsays.
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by ValarDoharis: 4:31pm On Sep 21, 2023
He did!
Svoboda:

Mba didnt even submit his nysc cert to inec when filling his form. The whole certificate brouhaha was a distraction.
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by ValarDoharis: 4:34pm On Sep 21, 2023
What about NNPP in Kano?

You don't know what is going on. You have eyes but cannot see!
muykem:
LP lawyees lack required knowledge and skills to prosecuted election petition successfully. They are not better than average Obidients using propaganda and media .
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by ValarDoharis: 4:35pm On Sep 21, 2023
Stale
duro4chang:
Do not tell me you are wailing. You go wail taya.
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by garfield1: 4:41pm On Sep 21, 2023
fergie001:

Asides the over-voting claims, these are OBA's grounds in his petition:
1. The rearranging of names in Eno's Certificate.
2. 1981 and 1983 results, one or both are forged
3. Expulsion from UNIUYO.

My take is this
A. As it is now known, the onus of proving forgery is on the petitioner who must produce two documents, the forged and the original.

OBA, under oath, as a witness said he doesn't have possession of the original.

B. The Deputy Registrar testified that Eno was not expelled and an Admin 1 Staff can not authorise such a letter of such magnitude. The Admin Staff was not subpoenaed from his workplace, he is practically a non-existent Daniel Akpan.

The expulsion letter was forged, according to the senior staff from UNIUYO.

C. WAEC testified before the open Court in Akan Okon v Eno, and this went up to the SC, so like Adeleke re-litigating same without new evidence is a waste of time.

D. In the same Akan Okon v Eno, the Nigeria Police also confirmed that the result was authentic and does belong to Eno.

E. The arrangement of names have long been settled in decisive authorities.

So how will the Court set aside a judgement that has gone all the hog. The Appeal Court decided it on its merit.

The Petition lacks merit, weak, unreliable and full of hearsays.

As far as waec says the cert is forged,it is forged unless the court is saying forgery cannot be proven

1 Like

Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by fergie001: 4:44pm On Sep 21, 2023
garfield1:

As far as waec says the cert is forged,it is forged unless the court is saying forgery cannot be proven
When did WAEC say it was forged.

WAEC said it wasn't forged.
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by ValarDoharis: 4:45pm On Sep 21, 2023
What you're seeing is state captured judiciary but you're explaining it with law. The judgement is fraudulent in its entirety.
rolams:

Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by ValarDoharis: 4:49pm On Sep 21, 2023
How can the judiciary say to prove forgery,
you must provide the original and fake when all along it said the issuing body determines if its authentic or fake. They keep bending the law to accommodate corruption
garfield1:

Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by BoldBrainz(m): 4:51pm On Sep 21, 2023
IconicR:
I don't care

Presidential election was my major concern

It's not like you don't care, you just don't know anything about the issues that precipitated this case and you don't understand most of the content of this judgement, so you took the easy way out..😂.
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by nedu666: 5:01pm On Sep 21, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Go through the article again, he didn't summit it

MBA submitted his nysc certificate. Law courts in Nigeria wants to legalise forgery
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by garfield1: 5:01pm On Sep 21, 2023
ValarDoharis:
How can the judiciary say to prove forgery,
you must provide the original and fake when all along it said the issuing body determines if its authentic or fake. They keep bending the law to accommodate corruption

The old law was to provide original and fake or any serious discrepancies as witnessed in Angos dide vs seleketimibi supra
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by garfield1: 5:02pm On Sep 21, 2023
fergie001:

When did WAEC say it was forged.

WAEC said it wasn't forged.

A legal officer with waec said it was forged...
Besides that,lp had a good case just that they overvoncentrated on the nysc issue.part of their ground two succeeded and 51 votes were added to them.
Ground three could also have succeeded.thet may have joy on appeal
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by ValarDoharis: 5:06pm On Sep 21, 2023
Why is the judiciary so corrupt?
garfield1:

The old law was to provide original and fake or any serious discrepancies as witnessed in Angos dide vs seleketimibi supra
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by buzweb: 5:13pm On Sep 21, 2023
Before nko. When things have fallen apart from the head, the center cannot hold again. Try as much as possible to avoid police and court case in this regime.
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by Jman06(m): 5:21pm On Sep 21, 2023
It's a cheering news at last!

Congrats to Peter Mbah, hoping that he'll do things right in Enugu state.
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by drugBaronTINUBU: 5:25pm On Sep 21, 2023
rolams:

U be idiot
If he didn't submit it,
How come INEC cleared the same certificate ?

Foolishness everywhere
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by fergie001: 5:27pm On Sep 21, 2023
garfield1:

A legal officer with waec said it was forged...
Besides that,lp had a good case just that they overvoncentrated on the nysc issue.part of their ground two succeeded and 51 votes were added to them.
Ground three could also have succeeded.thet may have joy on appeal
The WAEC legal Officer didn't say the Certificate was forged.

He rightly said that Bassey Eno Umo sat for the exam with registration Number: 15520232

The issue is on the rearrangement of names. Whether it's Bassey Eno Umo or Eno Umo Bassey. The SC has long settled this.

For Enugu, I don't know because they didn't sign and collect copies of Form EC8A. That PW10 must have done that. I am x-raying based on Agballah v. Chime, this will have helped them to fight for cancellation or so.
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by rolams(m): 5:50pm On Sep 21, 2023
drugBaronTINUBU:

U be idiot
If he didn't submit it,
How come INEC cleared the same certificate ?

Foolishness everywhere

Your father is an idiot. I trained my children well, he failed to train you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jonathan's Plot To Disunite The Southwest / CAN, NCEF Congratulates Buhari and Commends Jonathan / Police Foil Attempt To Kidnap Allison-madueke’s Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.