Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,987 members, 7,835,307 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor (12293 Views)

Enugu: Appeal Court dismisses Edeoga's petition, Affirms PDP's Mbah As Governor / Enugu: Tribunal Sacks House of Reps member Okereke (LP), Returns Pdp's Onwuegbu / Enugu: Tribunal Rejects Mbah’s Request To Strike Out NYSC Certificate Forgery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by rolams(m): 5:58pm On Sep 21, 2023
ValarDoharis:
What you're seeing is state captured judiciary but you're explaining it with law. The judgement is fraudulent in its entirety.

I understand what you are saying but we need to be factual. Nigeria has no other constitution except that of the confused 1999. Therefore, as a lawyer, you need to understand how it used. The Labour party candidate made a big mistake by focusing mostly on the NYSC certificate leaving the major issue which is election result. You must proof your case beyond reasonable doubt if you want to reclaim your mandate. See Natasha, Smart Adeyemi and Olujimi case, you will understand.
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by drugBaronTINUBU: 6:00pm On Sep 21, 2023
rolams:

Your father is an idiot. I trained my children well, he failed to train you.
U trained ur children well but here u are Supporting evil and trying to bend things to suit ur agenda

I pity those children because it's certain they have a very wrong father and wrong lessions has been passed to them
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by rolams(m): 6:01pm On Sep 21, 2023
TheOldGods:
mbah can only win at the state court, and that it. Just like oyetola did, I keep saying, only apeal and supreme can sack mbah, state court is state court

I can bet it with everything I have that Mbah won't be sacked. Read the judgement, you will understand why.
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by TheOldGods: 6:11pm On Sep 21, 2023
rolams:

I can bet it with everything I have that Mbah won't be sacked. Read the judgement, you will understand why.
which judgement, lol, what did the so called judges say about the results that was taken to Abuja and reduced to 16k suddenly from 30k, dey play. We all know that state court will go for mbah, make him come win for appeal and supreme nah
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by rolams(m): 6:14pm On Sep 21, 2023
drugBaronTINUBU:

U trained ur children well but here u are Supporting evil and trying to bend things to suit ur agenda

I pity those children because it's certain they have a very wrong father and wrong lessions has been passed to them

Which kain human being be this? Did I tell you I support a candidate or a party? I am only pointing out what really happened in the court. I explained the constitution here. Besides, I give reason why the judgement won't favour the Labour party candidate.

In fact, my children are happy seeing their economist father explaining the Nigerian constitution beautifully well.

I have said it times without number, I have no political party because I always want speak the truth. I am a genuine religious leader, my soul and integrity can't be bought. My father was a party chairman, he tried me severally before he died but he couldn't capture me.
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by perdollar(m): 6:14pm On Sep 21, 2023
Nonny95:

😂😂😂

After ringing bell like Primary school prefect, Make una fix N1000 perdollar price 😂😂😂.

Your wailing na behind closed door
yes! How may I help u
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by rolams(m): 6:19pm On Sep 21, 2023
TheOldGods:
which judgement, lol, what did the so called judges say about the results that was taken to Abuja and reduced to 16k suddenly from 30k, dey play. We all know that state court will go for mbah, make him come win for appeal and supreme nah

Let's wait and see. You guys need to take away emotions from things like this. Let's face the reality, the judges won't grant you a prayer you didn't request, they will work with evidence you provided. Those evidences must not contradict each other. God knows, I always want the will of the masses to prevail but how will it prevail when the petitioner fails to proof his case.

1 Like

Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by Nigeriadondie: 6:20pm On Sep 21, 2023
Unbiased1:
What of the fake NYSC case? Looking at the tribunal judgement, it is clear that the people advising Labour Party candidates are doing a very bad job. How can you be taking matters to court without any valid evidence? These guys just used "hearsay" as an evidence that the election was rigged. I'm so disappointed in this party.
Are you not aware that NYSC came out to debunk the NYSC certificate? Are you not aware that Nigerian judiciary system is part of the wider corrupt Nigerian society where the judges fail to recognize evidences not matter how many they are.
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by TheOldGods: 6:25pm On Sep 21, 2023
rolams:

Let's wait and see. You guys need to take away emotions from things like this. Let's face the reality, the judges won't grant you a prayer you didn't request, they will work with evidence you provided. Those evidences must not contradict each other. God knows, I always want the will of the masses to prevail but how will it prevail when the petitioner fails to proof his case.
lol, where you there? I was there live. The judges said that Nysc certificate is not a requirement for contesting, so even if the certificate was forged, then they don't care lol, and you talk about emotions. Suddenly the judges said that, mbah submitted the Nysc certificate,but inec did not attach it lol, who does that, submit and attachments nah another meaning now grin grin
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by TheOldGods: 6:26pm On Sep 21, 2023
Nigeriadondie:

Are you not aware that NYSC came out to debunk the NYSC certificate? Are you not aware that Nigerian judiciary system is part of the wider corrupt Nigerian society where the judges fail to recognize evidences not matter how many they are.
leave these people, na appeal we go know truly.
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by rolams(m): 6:36pm On Sep 21, 2023
TheOldGods:
lol, where you there? I was there live. The judges said that Nysc certificate is not a requirement for contesting, so even if the certificate was forged, then they don't care lol, and you talk about emotions. Suddenly the judges said that, mbah submitted the Nysc certificate,but inec did not attach it lol, who does that, submit and attachments nah another meaning now grin grin

This is what I am saying oooo! The judge followed what was written in the constitution. The petitioner lawyer should have done better by focusing more on the electoral fraud rather than the unneeded NYSC certificate.
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by TheOldGods: 7:03pm On Sep 21, 2023
rolams:

This is what I am saying oooo! The judge followed what was written in the constitution. The petitioner lawyer should have done better by focusing more on the electoral fraud rather than the unneeded NYSC certificate.
oh, so I can submit a fake certificate which is not only illegal, but has a punishment of jail, and once I am cought, I can simply say, that that since it's not required by law, then they should disregard it and follow the other certificate which is not forged. In other words, if we catch a thief with a gun, but since the gun is empty and hasn't shot anyone, we can simply allow him to go because he has not shot anyone. grin grin
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by rolams(m): 7:21pm On Sep 21, 2023
TheOldGods:
oh, so I can submit a fake certificate which is not only illegal, but has a punishment of jail, and once I am cought, I can simply say, that that since it's not required by law, then they should disregard it and follow the other certificate which is not forged. In other words, if we catch a thief with a gun, but since the gun is empty and hasn't shot anyone, we can simply allow him to go because he has not shot anyone. grin grin

Do you want the judges to outside the constitution?

The only thing we can do to get things right is by throwing away that nonsense constitution and get a reliable and better version.
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by TheOldGods: 7:28pm On Sep 21, 2023
rolams:

Do you want the judges to outside the constitution?

The only thing we can do to get things right is by throwing away that nonsense constitution and get a reliable and better version.
the constitution already states that, if you submit fake document under oath you have committed perjury. The certificate was submitted as part of Electoral screening, bro, the judges just have the judgement just to protect their jobs for the meantime before mbah appeals, which is now Edeoga
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by ValarDoharis: 7:34pm On Sep 21, 2023
The small parties are being targeted. NNPP and LP. They're trying to insist on a two party system.
rolams:

I understand what you are saying but we need to be factual. Nigeria has no other constitution except that of the confused 1999. Therefore, as a lawyer, you need to understand how it used. The Labour party candidate made a big mistake by focusing mostly on the NYSC certificate leaving the major issue which is election result. You must proof your case beyond reasonable doubt if you want to reclaim your mandate. See Natasha, Smart Adeyemi and Olujimi case, you will understand.
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by Enemiesmasquera: 7:54pm On Sep 21, 2023
duro4chang:
An empty barrel making noise upandan. Hunger will deal with you like never before. Lazy youth
Mumu boy wey no get future. You will remain a hungry zombie
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by Obzy: 8:10pm On Sep 21, 2023
Still on still the best not party affairs, Mbah is the best.
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by rolams(m): 8:12pm On Sep 21, 2023
ValarDoharis:
The small parties are being targeted. NNPP and LP. They're trying to insist on a two party system.

No be only small parties ooo. Any big party wey no Sabi defend him mandate go lose am too. Our constitution is bad, our electoral system bad, our legislators are bad and the judiciary has no option.
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by ValarDoharis: 8:13pm On Sep 21, 2023
Bro, the judiciary is very corrupt. All institutions in Nigeria are gone!
rolams:

No be only small parties ooo. Any big party wey no Sabi defend him mandate go lose am too. Our constitution is bad, our electoral system bad, our legislators are bad and the judiciary has no option.
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by rolams(m): 8:29pm On Sep 21, 2023
TheOldGods:
the constitution already states that, if you submit fake document under oath you have committed perjury. The certificate was submitted as part of Electoral screening, bro, the judges just have the judgement just to protect their jobs for the meantime before mbah appeals, which is now Edeoga

Did you follow the case when the DSS was brought in as witness?

The Nigeria secret police blamed the NYSC over the misplacement of Mbah’s original file, adding that the scheme was also unable to trace to whom or which state or states of the federation 12 of its certificates, A808297 to A808308 were issued.

The security agency said “the failure of the NYSC to maintain a proper record keeping system was the cause of its inability to trace Peter Ndubuisi Mbah’s initial certificate”, adding “It would be wrong for the NYSC to blame Peter Ndubuisi Mbah for its own failure in record keeping”.

Giving evidence, the subpoenaed DSS Deputy Director, Operations and Strategic Department, said the security agency commenced investigation into the discharge certificate controversy following a petition to it by Dr. Mbah dated February 8, 2023.

Mohammed said the investigation revealed: “That there were exchanges of correspondences between Mbah and the NYSC at every stage of their interactions. Mbah did not take any action without the NYSC's approval.

“That Mbah's file with the NYSC got missing at some point in time and NYSC started using a temporary file for him. For instance, in NYSC response to his application for deferment, the file number was LA/10/1532, while in their response to his remobilization application, the file number was LA/01/1532/T.

He added: “That there was a mix up in his record as a result of the missing file. That the difference in Mbah's certificate number compared to others that were mobilised at the same time, is due to the inability of NYSC to trace the initial file where the first certificate A678 was.”

According to him, “from the documents presented by NYSC regarding certificate numbers, about twelve (12) certificate numbers (A808297-A808308) which includes that of Mbah, remained unaccounted for in the eight (cool series by the NYSC.”

Mohammed stated further stated "That the law firm, Udeh &Associates where Mbah served, cleared him for his monthly clearance for eleven (11) months covering January-June, 2002 and May-August, 2003 as well as his final clearance in September, 2003 covering the period of his first mobilization and reinstatement indicated that he served, hence no need for him to forge certificate.

How do you judge this? NYSC did not debunk this. They confess this error.
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by rolams(m): 8:30pm On Sep 21, 2023
ValarDoharis:
Bro, the judiciary is very corrupt. All institutions in Nigeria are gone!

That's the state of the country.
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by TheOldGods: 8:35pm On Sep 21, 2023
rolams:

The Nigeria secret police blamed the NYSC over the misplacement of Mbah’s original file, adding that the scheme was also unable to trace to whom or which state or states of the federation 12 of its certificates, A808297 to A808308 were issued.

The security agency said “the failure of the NYSC to maintain a proper record keeping system was the cause of its inability to trace Peter Ndubuisi Mbah’s initial certificate”, adding “It would be wrong for the NYSC to blame Peter Ndubuisi Mbah for its own failure in record keeping”.

Giving evidence, the subpoenaed DSS Deputy Director, Operations and Strategic Department, said the security agency commenced investigation into the discharge certificate controversy following a petition to it by Dr. Mbah dated February 8, 2023.

Mohammed said the investigation revealed: “That there were exchanges of correspondences between Mbah and the NYSC at every stage of their interactions. Mbah did not take any action without the NYSC's approval.

“That Mbah's file with the NYSC got missing at some point in time and NYSC started using a temporary file for him. For instance, in NYSC response to his application for deferment, the file number was LA/10/1532, while in their response to his remobilization application, the file number was LA/01/1532/T.

He added: “That there was a mix up in his record as a result of the missing file. That the difference in Mbah's certificate number compared to others that were mobilised at the same time, is due to the inability of NYSC to trace the initial file where the first certificate A678 was.”

According to him, “from the documents presented by NYSC regarding certificate numbers, about twelve (12) certificate numbers (A808297-A808308) which includes that of Mbah, remained unaccounted for in the eight (cool series by the NYSC.”

Mohammed stated further stated "That the law firm, Udeh &Associates where Mbah served, cleared him for his monthly clearance for eleven (11) months covering January-June, 2002 and May-August, 2003 as well as his final clearance in September, 2003 covering the period of his first mobilization and reinstatement indicated that he served, hence no need for him to forge certificate.

bro, all these are stories, the Nysc DG said that even the letter heading is strange, all these are stories chief. Which DSS, did they come from dss office with the DSS stamp and signature, the so called dss man said no. The point is, high court is state court, they were bought or wanted to protect their interests sinple
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by duro4chang(m): 8:44pm On Sep 21, 2023
Enemiesmasquera:
Mumu boy wey no get future. You will remain a hungry zombie
An empty barrel. Hunger will teach you a lesson. To have just started
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by rolams(m): 9:34pm On Sep 21, 2023
TheOldGods:
bro, all these are stories, the Nysc DG said that even the letter heading is strange, all these are stories chief. Which DSS, did they come from dss office with the DSS stamp and signature, the so called dss man said no. The point is, high court is state court, they were bought or wanted to protect their interests sinple

Ok.
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by garfield1: 10:12pm On Sep 21, 2023
rolams:

Exactly.they could have won if they focused more on grounds two and three which dwells on non accreditation and swapping of votes.51 votes was added to lp from pdp own.the agents lp used were not recognized if not they would overturned the 4000 margin.this will affect pdp in nasarawa as many of it's agents were illegal
Tomorrow is plateau,I expect more cancellations
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by garfield1: 10:15pm On Sep 21, 2023
ValarDoharis:
Apc will even prefer lp than pdp in case you don't know.the more lp gets stronger,pdp gets weaker.if not for Enugu,pdp is out if SE
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by garfield1: 10:16pm On Sep 21, 2023
rolams:

True.in criminal matters like I told you concerning kebbi and sokoto,it must be proven beyond reasonable doubt.there must be no opposition.all evidence must align.unfortunwtely,it is not so in kebbi and sokoto
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by garfield1: 10:17pm On Sep 21, 2023
rolams:

That's the state of the country.

The judiciary esp appeal and apex are superb
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by oyatz(m): 1:39am On Sep 22, 2023
Blitzerz:
We are not surprised

God is bigger than apc

The Governor is in PDP.

Neither Edeoga or Mbah is in the APC.
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by Spindletop: 1:43am On Sep 22, 2023
Burob:
Presidential election indeed, follow them that know Road, or you keep wailing, where is racoon, Taylor90 & co Obidients that were shouting that Mbah was a Goner?

Obifraud and co said Mbah is a gonner it's like it's Racoon and his co delusionist that is a goonest. Myopic blogger licking their wounds now.
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by Blitzerz: 3:00am On Sep 22, 2023
oyatz:

The Governor is in PDP.

Neither Edeoga or Mbah is in the APC.

The game is simple
Use the biggest opposition to kill small opposition in south
Use judiciary to kill main opposition in the north.

We are not dumb.

Next
Re: Enugu: Tribunal Dismisses Edeoga, PRP's Petitions, affirms Mbah As Governor by oyatz(m): 4:11am On Sep 22, 2023
Blitzerz:

The game is simple
Use the biggest opposition to kill small opposition in south
Use judiciary to kill main opposition in the north.

We are not dumb.

Next

Long before APC was formed, Litigations about outcomes of electoral processes have been the 'usual' with Nigerian Politicians since 1959 because those who lose elections in Nigeria don't always agree that they lose.

With or without APC, all these will happen because of the present infantile level of democratic culture in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Particulars Motorist Need To Present At Police Check Point / Oyegun To Remain APC Chairman If Convention Fails To Hold - APC NEC Says / Uyo Residents 'Not Interested' In Government's 100k Bags Of Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.