Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,031 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? (13328 Views)

My Opinion On Splitting Bills On A Date: Does It Affect Masculinity? (Pic) / Men Who Want Assistance In Splitting Bills Are Simply INFIDELS / Lady Confesses To Cheating With 20 Different Guys After Splitting With Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? by Gerrard59(m): 6:27am On Mar 29
ekerintee:
i agree with you,if the man earns far well than the woman, he is capable of handling the whole bill but a situation in which the man is struggling to pay the bill and the woman sees him struggling.Its wickedness on the part of the woman to say the man must provide for the house.A responsible woman shud support even if its the least of all the bill,she can offer to pay that. The bills in the time of our fathers are not the same with the bills now.women need re-orientation, i think this ought to be settled before marriage

It is not necessarily the bills but the fact that women have entered the workforce, thus reducing jobs for men. Those jobs men in older days would have used to support families are now being competed for not just with other men, but women as well. For that very reason, women should contribute as they have reduced the potential earning power of most men.

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? by advanceDNA: 7:26am On Mar 29
1Sharon:

The thing is, you're not doing what nature has equipped you to do since you're splitting bills with your woman.
what has nature exclusively quipped men to do??

1Sharon:

Your last paragraph shows you're oblivious about childcare.
madam no need to be condescending ..it doesn't make ur point more valid...
Child care starts from day one till the child can be on his or her own.....no man or woman raises a child alone except in the case one parent not being there at all....from women exclusive roles to support, money, values instilling, discipline, protection, etc...they are all crucial and men play this role...

..u women just like to make ur breast feeding, bathing, changing diapers more important ...and raising a child is way more than that....

1Sharon:

Your woman is doing more than you.

Yawn.....wateva.....if u are doing more...u are not doing it for me...u are doing it for u kid ..if u don't want ur kid, don't have it ...u are not doing anyone a favour ..
Re: What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? by 1Sharon(f): 7:55am On Mar 29
advanceDNA:
what has nature exclusively quipped men to do??

madam no need to be condescending ..it doesn't make ur point more valid...
Child care starts from day one till the child can be on his or her own.....no man or woman raises a child alone except in the case one parent not being there at all....from women exclusive roles to support, money, values instilling, discipline, protection, etc...they are all crucial and men play this role...

..u women just like to make ur breast feeding, bathing, changing diapers more important ...and raising a child is way more than that....

Yawn.....wateva.....if u are doing more...u are not doing it for me...u are doing it for u kid ..if u don't want ur kid, don't have it ...u are not doing anyone a favour ..

Weren't you saying nature equipped men to make money?

And who brought up breastfeeding? Me or you? I talked about childcare AND housework. You decide to fixate on breastfeeding. House chores are more than those things.

Most of the responsibility for domestic tasks tend to fall on the woman. And she goes out to work too. So who is doing more work?

"If a woman doesn't want a kid, she shouldn't have it"? Doesn't it take two to tango?

And don't be disingenuous. If a woman is doing is more, she's also doing it for YOU aswell, not just the kid.
Re: What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? by advanceDNA: 8:31am On Mar 29
1Sharon:

Weren't you saying nature equipped men to make money?
U clearly read without applying context.... I never said that..i even specifically listed those nature given responsibility men do and added that money which isn't natural also has to be brought....
context was clear: no responsibility should be belittled and be counted as unequal which is what u uve been doing..

1Sharon:

And who brought up breastfeeding? Me or you?
...I brought up breast feeding because u were claiming the care men give their kids doesn't count and can't be equal with what u do...
..so ...what do u exclusively do that men cant do in care giving a child needs from infant to 18 or 21??

1Sharon:

Most of the responsibility for domestic tasks tend to fall on the woman.
fallacy!!
Nothing automatically falls on any one. ..whoever is more around tend to do more domestic work...its that simple....which is why full time house wives do more domestic chores.....and i know lots of men that do more chores than their wife because those men are more at home..

1Sharon:

And she goes out to work too. So who is doing more work?
another fallacy.!!!!!
...u are just making wateva u do seem more important...u both work..u bithe cate for ur kid
How urs automatically more ??

1Sharon:

"If a woman doesn't want a kid, she shouldn't have it"? Doesn't it take two to tango?
Oh so u know it takes two to tango...so why do y'all behave like u are doing men a favour by birthing kids.....that's why i said if she thinks wateva she's doing for her kid is some favour then she shouldn't have the kid......

1Sharon:

If a woman is doing is more, she's also doing it for YOU aswell, not just the kid.
Nope..Nope..Nope.....that's another fallacy...
..if u birth a kid it's ur responsibility to care for him or her....weda im there or not...u will still do it.....so u ain't caring for your kid as a favour for me.....
Re: What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? by pansophist(m): 5:42pm On Mar 29
Traditional roles should be the default, but should not be the absolute. Sebi na plate, I go wash am. I go sweep, and I go bath the baby, it's my home for God sake. We are a team.

A good man prides himself with the ability to financially provide for and protect him family, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be flexible. Just as women have infinite insecurity about loss of youth and beauty, men have the same in area of financially capability.

Conversely, I'll expect her to contribute financially to the household. I won't look at her money, or pin it on her that she must pay for this and that, although she should know.

There was a story that hit front page one time like that, where a wife with millions in her bank account allowed her daughter to die because she expected her broke husband to pay for the hospital bills.

So it should be fluid. If the other person needs assistance in their area of responsibility, then assist without asking. You're a team.

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? by 1Sharon(f): 5:55pm On Mar 29
advanceDNA:

U clearly read without applying context.... I never said that..i even specifically listed those nature given responsibility men do and added that money which isn't natural also has to be brought....
context was clear: no responsibility should be belittled and be counted as unequal which is what u uve been doing..

...I brought up breast feeding because u were claiming the care men give their kids doesn't count and can't be equal with what u do...
..so ...what do u exclusively do that men cant do in care giving a child needs from infant to 18 or 21??

fallacy!!
Nothing automatically falls on any one. ..whoever is more around tend to do more domestic work...its that simple....which is why full time house wives do more domestic chores.....and i know lots of men that do more chores than their wife because those men are more at home..

another fallacy.!!!!!
...u are just making wateva u do seem more important...u both work..u bithe cate for ur kid
How urs automatically more ??

Oh so u know it takes two to tango...so why do y'all behave like u are doing men a favour by birthing kids.....that's why i said if she thinks wateva she's doing for her kid is some favour then she shouldn't have the kid......

Nope..Nope..Nope.....that's another fallacy...
..if u birth a kid it's ur responsibility to care for him or her....weda im there or not...u will still do it.....so u ain't caring for your kid as a favour for me.....

Show me where I said the care men give doesn't count? Why do you keep going on about birthing kids as if that is all domestic tasks entail? Apart from taking care of kids, she takes care of YOU and the HOME.

Let me say it again.

If you and your wife both go to work, the woman ends up doing more.

You go to work, come home and relax.

She goes to work, comes back home to cook and clean.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? by advanceDNA: 7:03pm On Mar 29
1Sharon:

Show me where I said the care men give doesn't count? Why do you keep going on about birthing kids as if that is all domestic tasks entail? Apart from taking care of kids, she takes care of YOU and the HOME.

Let me say it again.

If you and your wife both go to work, the woman ends up doing more.

You go to work, come home and relax.

She goes to work, comes back home to cook and clean.

Here u go again.... automatically claiming the wife is doing more ust because she works ...and I will point it to u again..this is fallacy on beast mode....

And I don't know where u got this routine from
You go to work, come home and relax/She goes to work, comes back home to cook and clean...this doesnt happen in homes unless the man is never around...

U both care for ur kid....u both work....so how did u arrive at one person doing more that the other... that means u have somehow tagged ur natural care giving as more higher than his ....and also equate or belittle his work/money contributions compared to urs....

Like I said earlier...there's a lot involved in raising a kid well, feeding, bathing, clothing, discipline, instilling values, protection, money...etc.......so Unless u can somehow show some provide yardsticks of quantitative and qualitative measurement of the care both parent provide to the child, i.e in terms of nature given abilities and non-nature (money)....then u dont have a point.....all u have is ur usual female claims of doing more so that u can claim more than u deserve....

As for what u asked for... ...the screen shot is below....u not only tag the role as once in a while ...u also said it doesn't count.....

Haba!! how can a man care for his kid and u somehow look for a way to say it doesn't count....which was why I asked u earlier, what will make it count: growing a set of bóobs and breast feeding with you...or holding the child's leg when u change diapers?? grin

Re: What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? by 1Sharon(f): 8:51pm On Mar 29
advanceDNA:

Here u go again.... automatically claiming the wife is doing more ust because she works ...and I will point it to u again..this is fallacy on beast mode....

And I don't know where u got this routine from
You go to work, come home and relax/She goes to work, comes back home to cook and clean...this doesnt happen in homes unless the man is never around...

U both care for ur kid....u both work....so how did u arrive at one person doing more that the other... that means u have somehow tagged ur natural care giving as more higher than his ....and also equate or belittle his work/money contributions compared to urs....

Like I said earlier...there's a lot involved in raising a kid well, feeding, bathing, clothing, discipline, instilling values, protection, money...etc.......so Unless u can somehow show some provide yardsticks of quantitative and qualitative measurement of the care both parent provide to the child, i.e in terms of nature given abilities and non-nature (money)....then u dont have a point.....all u have is ur usual female claims of doing more so that u can claim more than u deserve....

As for what u asked for... ...the screen shot is below....u not only tag the role as once in a while ...u also said it doesn't count.....

Haba!! how can a man care for his kid and u somehow look for a way to say it doesn't count....which was why I asked u earlier, what will make it count: growing a set of bóobs and breast feeding with you...or holding the child's leg when u change diapers?? grin

Talk true. Do you and your wife equally share the cooking cleaning and childcare?
Re: What's Your Opinion About Splitting Bills With Your Partner? by Raalsalghul: 5:36pm On Apr 01
Gerrard59:

Omo! shocked shocked

E get why I dey say modern day marriage setting does not benefit men EXCEPT in raising children in a two-parent household.

If you analyze marriage from a purely logical and rational standpoint, you will see no need to go into it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Stealing Someone's Wife/Husband. / List Those Bad Atittudes Your Spouse Might Have To Cope With When You Marry / Some Sex Confession Stories Online That’s Will Shock You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.