Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,355 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. (25561 Views)

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me / My Wife Hates Sex And Prefers I Masturbate / My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Openfortruth: 3:29pm On Sep 23, 2023
Pk01:
Nigga drop account number na...

God bless you sir. I will really appreciate it.

60196 80815, Keystone Bank, Victor Monday
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by EruditeSupport: 3:30pm On Sep 23, 2023
Gajagojo:

You are preaching
Talk is very cheap
Reality is very different for most Nigerians in the trenches
I hate hypocrisy
Pretending as if it is not this Nigeria we all know

Why did he allow him leave the village you ask? Where did you read that the brother invited him?

He is sharing his house with him
That is not callous

He should be grateful for that
What if he does not accommodate him?
Is that unheard of?

It's simple.

If you know you can't feed him, tel him before he left the village. Don't starve him. It's wrong. Let him know that he has to prepare for his own feeding. That's my point. Abandoning him to his fate without prior notice is wickedness. That's my point.
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Openfortruth: 3:30pm On Sep 23, 2023
All the comments, I have not gone through them yet.
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Gajagojo: 3:31pm On Sep 23, 2023
RomanGreen:

This is wrong as much as you trying to wake him to reality of not feeling entitled, I get it but definitely not to the point of starving him.

I lost my Father early I'm life and my elder brother who is the first child played a key role in the success of all my siblings simply because he looked out for me until I found my fit and supported him too to stabilize and I'm also currently sponsoring my two younger ones in higher institution, my immediate younger brother too has graduated courtesy of me and my elder brother's support. My point is, a little kindness trickles down and have ripple effects especially within the confines of a nuclear family. I can boldly tell you that love l, care and compassion exists amongst us and we look out for one another simply because my elder brother choose to be responsible and this today has impacted positively on all of us. As much as we all hate entitlement mentality, there should be a limit to this sort of wickedness coz that's what I call it. If tomorrow this young guy survives the odds and become rich and God forbid his elder brother has issues and this young guy refuses to help, will you maintain the same energy of "oh he didn't bring him into the world" let's show a little compassion, people are going through hell abeg

Housing him is kindness. It is not wickedness
He should be grateful
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Gajagojo: 3:33pm On Sep 23, 2023
EruditeSupport:

It's simple.

If you know you can't feed him, tel him before he left the village. Don't starve him. It's wrong. Let him know that he has to prepare for his own feeding. That's my point. Abandoning him to his fate without prior notice is wickedness. That's my point.
How do you know the circumstances of his departure from village?
Did OP tell us whether he just got on a bus and arrived one day with his bag

When you have seen life You mature and think deeply without believing every story You hear

You are making an irrational argument based on assumptions

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by EruditeSupport: 3:38pm On Sep 23, 2023
Gajagojo:

How do you know the circumstances of his departure from village?
Did OP tell us whether he just got on a bus and arrived one day with his bag

You are making an irrational argument based on assumptions

Can't you see you're assuming too? Did he actually tell you he landed in his brothers house suddenly? I think you're saying this as a lame excuse to win an argument rather than being theoretically correct.

It is rational to judge on the basis of 'all things being equal' except the narrator states otherwise.
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by IgweBUIKE1(m): 3:38pm On Sep 23, 2023
MS247:

This kind of entitlement mentality is very very wrong
it is nor entitlement mentality, this woke attitude is bad for most of you, he is suppose to be reasonable, is he suppose to learn and still make money from learning, you should understand that life is not guaranteed for anyone,

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by DJInfluence: 3:39pm On Sep 23, 2023
Nazgul:
Your problem with your brother is over familiarity and entitlement mentality. Like someone rightfully pointed out, he doesn't owe you anything, cos he didn't bring you into this world.

If you want your current predicament with him to come to an end, do the following...

1. See him as your oga and see yourself as an apprentice in his shop, stop seeing him as your equal.

2. Call him sir whenever he calls you. And run errands for him without grumbling.

3. Wash his clothes, polish his shoes, clean the house and sweep the shop whenever you get there. Make cleanliness your best friend. A lazy person cannot succeeded as an apprentice.

4. Respectfully beg him for lunch, eg. Good afternoon sir, please I'm hungry. Don't ever call him by his name.
I respectfully disagree with you. Basically his own blood brother should be treated as God? That's too much. A senior brother should know that even if it's not a must, he should at least cater for his younger one pending when he can fend for himself. It's either a failure of their parent for not instilling the spirit of togetherness in his children or the elder brother is not practicing it if it was. Even if the elder doesn't have enough food or money to go round, he should know there's another human living with him. He should Ask the younger one how he's coping, explain to him that he doesn't have much but they should manage what he has. Not eating and washing plate like nothing happened.
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Mummyimbecile(m): 3:39pm On Sep 23, 2023
It seems like you guys didn't grow up in love. Parents should teach their children how to love each other.

Your brother is not doing well. He forgot that the table can turn. You won't be broke forever.

I suggest you hold talks with him and discuss how you two can live together. I advise you to suspend the skill you're learning presently and get a job, that way you can be sure of your salary at the end of the month.

When you save enough, you can then continue your skill acquisition program.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by AllBlack: 3:42pm On Sep 23, 2023
Openfortruth:
All the comments, I have not gone through them yet.

from the onset did your brother invite you to come and stay with him?

when you told him you were coming to join him, did he agree?

be honest.
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Mayeldah(m): 3:42pm On Sep 23, 2023
MS247:
cool

Let's get some facts clear

1: Your brother owes you nothing , you owe your brother cost of rent and accomodation

2: Your Parents owe you education, shelter and welfare until you are 18, or 21 when you are legally adult

3: If you want your brother to feed you after providing you accomodations, you humbly go to him and plead...

My dear brother, kindly assist me with feeding pending the time I get something doing fetching money and I can contribute to our welfare,

4: whenever you get any Money, try and refill your brothers cooking gas, buy some spaghetti or noddles, or Golden penny Semo, Vegetables Oil and present it to your brother

Now I want you to surprise your brother this Weekend for Saturday morning

Buy

Ugwu #50,
Okro #100
Okporoko #150
Ponmo #200
Ogbono #50
Cray Fish #100
Dry pepper #100
Onions #100
Locust bean #50
Buy Garri #200 or Fufu

That is roughly 1000 Naira

Cook Eba and Okro soup for your brother tomorrow morning and serve him

gettat!!!, person say him no get money and you are suggesting he surprise his brother. If he had money he won't be trekking to and fro the shop where he is learning a trade
There is nothing wrong with a brother taking care of his junior, at least feed him. Don't be surprised that his senior brother has a girl he sends money to regularly and still beg her to manage it.
What is wrong with some people sef?
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by cookingsoul(m): 3:44pm On Sep 23, 2023
Nah wah ooh una wicked for here ooh.makehim help him brother nah nobody knows tomorrow .blood is thicker than water.theyoung shall grow one day.the replies hash die like una no get siblings.in fact nah him responsibility to help him brother nah so our papa raise us,u r ur brothers keeper
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Jamieb(m): 3:48pm On Sep 23, 2023
MS247:

This kind of entitlement mentality is very very wrong
It is not entitlement oga. Everything isn't entitlement. The boy is a dependant for now and as such , the little the elder brother could do is to support him.

As little as asking him has he eaten isn't out of place. Everything is not entitlement. At this point, his brother is responsible for him.
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Gajagojo: 3:48pm On Sep 23, 2023
EruditeSupport:

Can't you see you're assuming too? Did he actually tell you he landed in his brothers house suddenly? I think you're saying this as a lame excuse to win an argument rather than being theoretically correct.

It is rational to judge on the basis of 'all things being equal' except the narrator states otherwise.

No I am not assuming. I do not have facts and so so ask questions
You need to open a dictionary
You expressed an opinion about what we don't know
You said he should have told him before he left the village
That is an assumption. We don't know how they started living together

That is what they test in reading and comprehension in JAMB and WAEC
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by ezewealth(m): 3:51pm On Sep 23, 2023
MS247:
cool

1: Your brother owes you nothing , you owe your brother cost of rent and accomodation

2: Your Parents owe you education, shelter and welfare until you are 18, or 21 when you are legally adult

3: If you want your brother to feed you after providing you accomodations, you humbly go to him and plead...

My dear brother, kindly assist me with feeding pending the time I get something doing fetching money and I can contribute to our welfare,

4: whenever you get any Money, try and refill your brothers cooking gas, buy some spaghetti or noddles, or Golden penny Semo, Vegetables Oil and present it to your brother

Buy

Ugwu #50,
Okro #100
Okporoko #150
Ponmo #200
Ogbono #50
Cray Fish #100
Dry pepper #100
Onions #100
Locust bean #50
Buy Garri #200 or Fufu

Why are u guys so mean and wicked, if u can't common food to your own junior brother, I wonder, God forbid bad thing. I can't deny food to my enemy talk less of my own blood.
Later una go go church dey form nonsense
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by JohnnyBling(m): 3:51pm On Sep 23, 2023
Guy anything other than confronting him not violently ooo but having a conversation with him, tell him how you feel and if there's a way tell your parents or family elders to talk some sense into him
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Gajagojo: 3:51pm On Sep 23, 2023
AllBlack:

from the onset did your brother invite you to come and stay with him?

when you told him you were coming to join him, did he agree?

be honest.

This is the koko which OP has avoided answering
Additionally what is his age ,what is his brother's age and what job is his brother doing
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Gajagojo: 3:53pm On Sep 23, 2023
JohnnyBling:
Guy anything other than confronting him not violently ooo but having a conversation with him, tell him how you feel and if there's a way tell your parents or family elders to talk some sense into him
Is the problem a lack of sense or lack of money?
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by JohnnyBling(m): 3:54pm On Sep 23, 2023
MS247:
cool

Buy

Ugwu #50,
Okro #100
Okporoko #150
Ponmo #200
Ogbono #50
Cray Fish #100
Dry pepper #100
Onions #100
Locust bean #50
Buy Garri #200 or Fufu

Where you wan see ugwu leaf buy for #50 grin
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by ezewealth(m): 3:55pm On Sep 23, 2023
Nazgul:
Your problem with your brother is over familiarity and entitlement mentality. Like someone rightfully pointed out, he doesn't owe you anything, cos he didn't bring you into this world.

If you want your current predicament with him to come to an end, do the following...

1. See him as your oga and see yourself as an apprentice in his shop, stop seeing him as your equal.

2. Call him sir whenever he calls you. And run errands for him without grumbling.

3. Wash his clothes, polish his shoes, clean the house and sweep the shop whenever you get there. Make cleanliness your best friend. A lazy person cannot succeeded as an apprentice.

4. Respectfully beg him for lunch, eg. Good afternoon sir, please I'm hungry. Don't ever call him by his name.
On to Food?, una wickedness na superduper
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by JohnnyBling(m): 3:57pm On Sep 23, 2023
Gajagojo:

Is the problem a lack of sense or lack of money?
Did you read the post?
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Aaaaarghmed(m): 4:02pm On Sep 23, 2023
Mehn,I never knew wicked pple plenty pass good people.see many comments seeing nothing wrong in what the Elder bro is doing .its like many pple grew up in the gutter here.Me wey I even think say i get hard mind,i can never allow someone starve talkless of my sibling wether older or younger.i remember when I was extremely broke long ago in Abuja,me and my girl go dey starve seriously for house,I go comot go road dey beg random people for any amount,mk we fit buy beans use light cook am.sometimes I take things on credit from one woman.To see person dey starve..I can never

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Gajagojo: 4:02pm On Sep 23, 2023
JohnnyBling:

Did you read the post?
silly question
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by int0x80(m): 4:02pm On Sep 23, 2023
Your elder brother is wicked.
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Georgry(m): 4:02pm On Sep 23, 2023
Op don't worry you will surely survive, I suffer pass like that, I wish I fit tell you my story, I was 16 when I left home to stay with my elder brother, I suffer een, people can be wicked. That guy go travel for 2 weeks and give me 200 naira for feeding for those 2 weeks, I cried and cried until I was forced to call my mom, when my mom call my brother ask am een, the kind beating wey I chop that day I no fit ever forget.
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by correctguy101(m): 4:03pm On Sep 23, 2023
TheBillyonaire:
Your worries are a distraction to your phone repairs venture. Simply focus your energy in mastering your phone repairs and be creative on how to raise money from your phone repair. You can also find some part time job or service you can render for a fee.

Also talk to your brother to give you a loan to help you feed, and promise to pay him as soon as you make money.

Do not complain just walk to him and greet him with a smile, and plead respectfully with him like an adult for some cash to borrow, when he asks what you want to use it for, tell him in order to buy food and cook in the house but that you will refund as soon as you are able to make money.

grin

You ehn....

cheesy cheesy

But your advice no bad. The elder brother is a terribly irresponsible person.

This kind man go use hungry kih wife and child and nairalanders go still say he dey teach dem to be tough.

Hunger can push that guy enter bad gang.
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Xpol: 4:04pm On Sep 23, 2023
Openfortruth:
I greet you all Nairalanders.

Please permit me to share this thing my brother is doing to me.

As my life was about to become useless in the village, I came to the city to stay with my older brother and learn phone repairs.

My plan is to have this handwork so that when i gain admission, i wont rely totally only on education which has failed many in the country.

But my blood brother I'm staying with is behaving unkind to me as though i am a total stranger to him. Even total strangers deserve better treatment.

I'm only an apprenctice and yet to start making money. Most of the days, i trek to the place and return because I dont have transport.

He leave house first before me and return before me too. Before I would come back, he would cook noodles and finish it, washed the pot and everything and keep them clean as though nothing happened. Sometimes he eat outside and come back home and ignore me.

Except there's another way for me, that is how I would go hungry throughout the night and as early as possible in the morning, he would leave the house without reasoning anything food.

I'm seriously starving. I thought he would share the little he has with me till I also start making money. Is this how a senior brother should behave with the junior one?

He's being unkind to me and now I feel like hiding the Garri I brought from the village from him.

But is this how we should behave as blood brothers?

He can't even be there for me to free from this apprenticeship.
how long have you been learning?

If you're to rate your knowledge about phone repair from 1-10=?
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by uvie66: 4:04pm On Sep 23, 2023
UnfairLife7:
are you serious?

I owe my siblings and good friends.
Yes, i am very serious if you are under 18 your parents is responsible for your upkeep, and over 18 you are an adult and should fend for yourself, your brother did not bring you to this world.
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by EruditeSupport: 4:06pm On Sep 23, 2023
Gajagojo:

No I am not assuming. I do not have facts and so so ask questions
You need to open a dictionary
You expressed an opinion about what we don't know
You said he should have told him before he left the village
That is an assumption. We don't know how they started living together

That is what they test in reading and comprehension in JAMB and WAEC

Balderdash!

You failed woefully if this were to be an examination.

You respond according to what you find in the narrative and not according to what you think.

You're thinking that he 'probably' landed suddenly, and that's your lame excuse for your position.

It's absolutely unacceptable to arrive at such conclusions. All things being equal, we hold the view that the OP arrived in his brothers house following due process except he states otherwise. If the elder brother had informed him earlier that he wouldn't be responsible for his feeding, the OP wouldn't have seen any need to complain.
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Elsueno: 4:07pm On Sep 23, 2023
I am pretty evil, but no matter how I dislike, I would at least give u proper food if we live 2geda & I know u dey hungry sha
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Mpanyi: 4:11pm On Sep 23, 2023
Some people are too mean here in their comments. Do people really know what is a blood brother in African setting? Maybe some people are not privileged to have good brothers, or not privileged to have come from a lovely family. How can your junior brother or blood brother or even anyone staying with you go hungry and you actually have food or money? It is not possible. Why not drive him out of your house too? The write up is obviously a fiction but I know it was intended to elicit some desired responses we are seeing here.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by TheBillyonaire: 4:13pm On Sep 23, 2023
correctguy101:

You ehn....

cheesy cheesy

But your advice no bad. The elder brother is a terribly irresponsible person.

This kind man go use hungry kih wife and child and nairalanders go still say he dey teach dem to be tough.

Hunger can push that guy enter bad gang.

If he does what I tell him to do in a smart way, he will come back with valuable information and some action potentials.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (16) (Reply)

Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? / My Experience - The Scourge Of PHCN Estimated Billing / Wife Brings Fake Father To Represent PZ’S Baby Moment Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.