Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,052 members, 7,814,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. (25546 Views)

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me / My Wife Hates Sex And Prefers I Masturbate / My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by rickleye: 1:19pm On Sep 23, 2023
Cantonese:

Good response.

But on the money matter, what should he do if there is no money?

In all, I think the OP is deceitful. He talked about hiding the garri that he brought from the village. Can we safely say that he was hiding food from his brother first? Remember that what a person sows, he reaps.

If Op is serious , I’ll give him N1,000 for 15 weeks ( to the end of the year ) to at least make sure that he’s got food in his stomach.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Charliej: 1:21pm On Sep 23, 2023
I do not think you are out of place been expectant of your brother or hopeful,i mean we all are,we hope and expect from God even if we go out to work,just as the saying goes everyone is diffrent i know if you were in his shoes you will do better,so for now you need an income at least,the economy isnt fair to none,so do better
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Richking2023(m): 1:23pm On Sep 23, 2023
I am not there with you, but I feel if it is your elder brother, the aspect not giving you food is wrong. My cousin brother stayed with me for a year, I spent and make every expenses. I couldn't watch him go hungry even though I wasn't earning much. Kindness is not a gift but an habit intentionally inculcated. Your elder brother is not a kind person generally even with outsiders.

My advice to you is to try your best to see how you can eat or feed yourself. Don't let his attitude derail your focus.

Reach out to other people for help. Don't rely on him...

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by correctguy101(m): 1:23pm On Sep 23, 2023
Mindlog:

Dropping something for younger ones according to your capacity, is not entitlement mentality. If Nigerian police pick any of them up, no be the other one go run around abi is their parents with them in the city?

Reality is that time flies so fast, 5 years from now the stupidity of this moments will look so infantile.

What really touched me is this "Before I would come back, he would cook noodles and finish it, washed the pot and everything and keep them clean as though nothing happened. Sometimes he eat outside and come back home and ignore me".......your own blood, your younger sibling goes to bed hungry after trekking back from where he is learning a skill, while you have eaten.....Schizoid Personality Disorder no pass this one o.

Don't mind the itk...

Why on earth would he even take him to the city if he knows his pocket is too lean to cater for his own younger sibling? Your own blood brother o. And the werey go dey spend on drinks and women o... angry

And some oversabi are supporting nonsense behavior. Will they still say a parent has entitlement mentality if they ask their own son to take care of his younger ones?

The young man is even learning trade from him.. smh

Yeye elder brother wey he be. Shame on him.

Eediots everywhere...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Odidigboigbo(m): 1:24pm On Sep 23, 2023
MS247:
cool

Let's get some facts clear

1: Your brother owes you nothing , you owe your brother cost of rent and accomodation

2: Your Parents owe you education, shelter and welfare until you are 18, or 21 when you are legally adult

3: If you want your brother to feed you after providing you accomodations, you humbly go to him and plead...

My dear brother, kindly assist me with feeding pending the time I get something doing fetching money and I can contribute to our welfare,

4: whenever you get any Money, try and refill your brothers cooking gas, buy some spaghetti or noddles, or Golden penny Semo, Vegetables Oil and present it to your brother

Now I want you to surprise your brother this Weekend for Saturday morning

Buy

Ugwu #50,
Okro #100
Okporoko #150
Ponmo #200
Ogbono #50
Cray Fish #100
Dry pepper #100
Onions #100
Locust bean #50
Buy Garri #200 or Fufu

That is roughly 1000 Naira

Cook Eba and Okro soup for your brother tomorrow morning and serve him

This your 1k soup doesn't require oil? By the way where can you buy Ugwu and Ogbolo 50 Naira?

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by BoldBrainz(m): 1:24pm On Sep 23, 2023
Mindlog:

Fact is that OP is his younger brother, assisting him while he is still carving out his own path in life with food and the occasional transport fare is not out of place. When he starts earning something from the phone repairs he is learning, then he can contribute.

In the future when they are both married and this present issue becomes the root of their acrimonious relationship, na wife whey no know how the problem take start na im dey go dey blame for causing disunity between brothers.

This is easily the most sensible comment on this thread so far.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by GoodRocks: 1:25pm On Sep 23, 2023
Gajagojo:

Actually girls add value
They get pregnant and have babies

There is no greater value in African culture
If that brother dies today with no kids it is over

This BROTHER sounds like he is ripe for marriage.
That should be his priority not feeding another male adult

A girlfriend adds no value other offering her kpekus to a man in exchange for Money!

However, the so called brother isn't anywhere close to being rip in marriage. You want to marry when you can't even comfortable feeds your brother who came to stay with you while learning a skill! Dey play! This actually shows the girl the brother would mistakenly marry, along with the kids that'll come out of the marriage will die of hunger! I'm sure the brother doesn't even care about their own parents, is it then his so called future in-laws he would now care for? Oga dey play!

I don't know if you lack understanding to see where the guy wrote that his is a learning a skill. So he should die of hunger because he came to stay with his brother who is obviously the ill daft illiterate type who clearly lacks understanding? If ordinary food no dey house, which kind business the guy dey do? And you're talking about marriage? U no well at all bro

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by lawrenzooo: 1:27pm On Sep 23, 2023
Mindlog:

Fact is that OP is his younger brother, assisting him while he is still carving out his own path in life with food and the occasional transport fare is not out of place. When he starts earning something from the phone repairs he is learning, then he can contribute.

In the future when they are both married and this present issue becomes the root of their acrimonious relationship, na wife whey no know how the problem take start na im dey go dey blame for causing disunity between brothers.

Yes it's not out of place for the elder brother to assist but then again his elder brother owes him nothing.

Its the sole responsibility of parents to hold the hands of their kids until they become adult and are able to stand on their own. Issues like this only come up where parents fail in their responsibilities.

From the OP write up, he feels entitle. What is the financial state of his brother? I would want to believe if the brother was doing well financially he would have been stocking the house with food stuff in which case all that is required of the op is to cook and appreciate the person God has used to provide.

I feel the op need to learn how to live with people whether family or not.
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by UnfairLife7(m): 1:29pm On Sep 23, 2023
uvie66:
.... the thing weak me, you are not your brother's responsibility he is not suppose to feed you, if you are over 18 you should feed yourself.
are you serious?

I owe my siblings and good friends.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Pk01(m): 1:29pm On Sep 23, 2023
Nigga drop account number na...
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Gajagojo: 1:30pm On Sep 23, 2023
GO0DHardDick:

A girlfriend adds no value other offering her kpekus to a man in exchange for Money!

However, the so called brother isn't anywhere close to being rip in marriage. You want to marry when you can't even comfortable feeds your brother who came to stay with you while learning a skill! Dey play! This actually shows the girl the brother would mistakenly marry, along with the kids that'll come out of the marriage will die of hunger! I'm sure the brother doesn't even care about their own parents, is it then his so called future in-laws he would now care for? Oga dey play!

I don't know if you lack understanding to see where the guy wrote that his is a learning a skill. So he should die of hunger because he came to stay with his brother who is obviously the ill daft illiterate type who clearly lacks understanding? If ordinary food no dey house, which kind business the guy dey do? And you're talking about marriage? U no well at all bro

So you should feed your brother before you marry?

Your mentality is one of entitlement

The only reason we are here is to make babies

That is the koko
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by GoodRocks: 1:30pm On Sep 23, 2023
Nazgul:

You have a point.

But the reality of the matter is that your brother and even your parents wouldn't value you if you're adding nothing to their life.

The boy is in his hussling stage, so it's safe to say his brother covers 100% of all his responsibilities.

The simple question here is what is he giving back to his brother. Does he clean the house, does he wash his brother's clothes...or does he just sit there idling away waiting for his brother to feed him?

Believe me, no body would abandon you if you're useful to them. The op is most likely useless to his brother that's why he's being treated this way.

Lol you have a point.
The op is yet to clarify any of those.

However, it beats my imagination why foodstuffs wouldn't be at home in the house of a man who claims to go to work everyday! Or perhaps the said brother hides the foodstuffs at home.

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by jaxxy(m): 1:33pm On Sep 23, 2023
Openfortruth:
I greet you all Nairalanders.

Please permit me to share this thing my brother is doing to me.

As my life was about to become useless in the village, I came to the city to stay with my older brother and learn phone repairs.

My plan is to have this handwork so that when i gain admission, i wont rely totally only on education which has failed many in the country.

But my blood brother I'm staying with is behaving unkind to me as though i am a total stranger to him. Even total strangers deserve better treatment.

I'm only an apprenctice and yet to start making money. Most of the days, i trek to the place and return because I dont have transport.

He leave house first before me and return before me too. Before I would come back, he would cook noodles and finish it, washed the pot and everything and keep them clean as though nothing happened. Sometimes he eat outside and come back home and ignore me.

Except there's another way for me, that is how I would go hungry throughout the night and as early as possible in the morning, he would leave the house without reasoning anything food.

I'm seriously starving. I thought he would share the little he has with me till I also start making money. Is this how a senior brother should behave with the junior one?

He's being unkind to me and now I feel like hiding the Garri I brought from the village from him.

But is this how we should behave as blood brothers?

He can't even be there for me to free from this apprenticeship.

people have different characters even brothers.

have u spoken to him about this issue? Maybe he has a reason then u can explain ur position. Maybe he's trying to avoid u being dependent on him for everything since he's already accommodating u. Lol
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by GoodRocks: 1:33pm On Sep 23, 2023
Gajagojo:

So you should feed your brother before you marry?

If I can't feed my junior brothers until they can stand up on their feet, dude I have no business talking about marriage whatsoever!

If I can't feed my parents comfortable without them lacking anything, oga I have no business talking about marriage at all.

How can someone who can't even eat comfortably well let alone helping or assisting his brothers be talking about being ripped for marriage? U smoke? Or u think marriage is child's play?

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by stanbright(m): 1:34pm On Sep 23, 2023
MS247:
cool

1: Your brother owes you nothing , you owe your brother cost of rent and accomodation

2: Your Parents owe you education, shelter and welfare until you are 18, or 21 when you are legally adult

3: If you want your brother to feed you after providing you accomodations, you humbly go to him and plead...

My dear brother, kindly assist me with feeding pending the time I get something doing fetching money and I can contribute to our welfare,

4: whenever you get any Money, try and refill your brothers cooking gas, buy some spaghetti or noddles, or Golden penny Semo, Vegetables Oil and present it to your brother

Buy

Ugwu #50,
Okro #100
Okporoko #150
Ponmo #200
Ogbono #50
Cray Fish #100
Dry pepper #100
Onions #100
Locust bean #50
Buy Garri #200 or Fufu

just shut up your smelling mouth

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Gajagojo: 1:35pm On Sep 23, 2023
GO0DHardDick:

If I can't feed my junior brothers until they can stand up on their feet, dude I have no business talking about marriage whatsoever!

If I can't feed my parents comfortable without them lacking anything, oga I have no business talking about marriage at all.

How can someone who can't even eat comfortably well let alone helping or assisting his brothers be talking about being ripped for marriage? U smoke? Or u think marriage is child's play?

That is your own business
You can do your life how you like

That is not the reality in Nigeria
If it was their parents won't have had children they cannot train

That is why there are more than 200 million Nigerians
People have babies and don't educate or train them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by EruditeSupport: 1:36pm On Sep 23, 2023
MS247:

This kind of entitlement mentality is very very wrong
You actually don't know what it means to be an elder brother. That's an irresponsible elder brother up there. I'm a firstborn, and i know what I've done for my younger siblings in this world. It's not a matter of entitlement mentality. Blood is thicker than water. In a healthy family, the strong supports the weak until they're all strong. Well, it all depends on the type of family you came out from.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Affiliate117(f): 1:38pm On Sep 23, 2023
Since you are an apprentice, try and endure till you finish learning your work. Try and be loyal to him ok
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Chris2863(m): 1:38pm On Sep 23, 2023
MS247:
cool

Buy

Ugwu #50,
Okro #100
Okporoko #150
Ponmo #200
Ogbono #50
Cray Fish #100
Dry pepper #100
Onions #100
Locust bean #50
Buy Garri #200 or Fufu

it looks like you are texting from a different planet or economy😂😂😂😂😂😂

This cracked me up. You probably don't geed yourself dude.
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by erniok(m): 1:39pm On Sep 23, 2023
MS247:

This kind of entitlement mentality is very very wrong
It's not entitlement mentality. Don't bring western idealogies here. We Africans stand for each other. Hope you don't blame the op when the table turns and he decides to pay back his brother in multiple folds.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Ibrahimlagosian(m): 1:41pm On Sep 23, 2023
Of course bro.no one gives a Bleep concern about this gender
Nasri100:

My friend, the world has passed all these - No matter how you guilt trip or use emotions to handle this, fact remains HE IS NOT ENTITLED TO ANYTHING FROM HIS ELDER BROTHER.

OP is entitled to care from his dad and mom. Since the duo have failed in their primary responsibility which should be a serious criminal offense in Nigeria (Child support should be a serious deal in this dead country), OP is now left to fend for himself.

Irresponsible parents and breeding are part of the cause of poverty in ya country.

Back to you Openfortruth , your elder brother owes you nothing. Earlier you realize that the better for you.

As someone pointed out in first page, you have to treat him like an OGA to get something from him. Do things that you know will make him happy in the long run.

The state of Nigeria is the problem. If you were in the States you could be flipping burgers in a fastfood and have a side hustle and still pay your bills and get a nice apartment.

I cant imagine the job you could do in Nigeria to give you a good salary considering you dont even have a degree.

So of course Nigeria also failed you. You better go out there and hustle.

Nobody gives a damn about gender M.

CC Agentgoat
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Cantonese: 1:41pm On Sep 23, 2023
rickleye:

If Op is serious , I’ll give him N1,000 for 15 weeks ( to the end of the year ) to at least make sure that he’s got food in his stomach.

Fantastic.

I like your words “If OP is serious”.
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by erniok(m): 1:41pm On Sep 23, 2023
EruditeSupport:

You actually don't know what it means to be an elder brother. That's an irresponsible elder brother up there. I'm a firstborn, and i know what I've done for my younger siblings in this world. It's not a matter of entitlement mentality. Blood is thicker than water. In a healthy family, the strong supports the weak until they're all strong. Well, it all depends on the type of family you came out from.
Don't mind that guy. He might be in the western world where it is all man for himself or might come from a family that holds similar notion. Where I come from, it is one for all, all for one. No man must be left behind.

3 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by easzypeaszy(m): 1:42pm On Sep 23, 2023
MS247:
cool

Buy

Ugwu #50,
Okro #100
Okporoko #150
Ponmo #200
Ogbono #50
Cray Fish #100
Dry pepper #100
Onions #100
Locust bean #50
Buy Garri #200 or Fufu

To me u dont have sense...In Nigeria, we hlp each other as brthrs, sisters n family...Dis is not USA so oga kip som foolish ideas away frm som1 who needs help.
Anthr thing...he shld steal to get 1k abi na ur own head no correct sef.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by stickle(m): 1:43pm On Sep 23, 2023
while your brother's on action seems strange,I will counsel that you talk to him about your predicament. Also discuss with your trainer to assist you in any way he can.
Keep at what you are doing and don't let this dampen your spirit.
it is better to starve now and learn than jumping at a paying job that won't be able to sustain you in future.
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Gajagojo: 1:44pm On Sep 23, 2023
EruditeSupport:

You are talking your own

You did what you did I because you can
If you don't have the means so because you are first born you should become an armed robber?

Nigeria is very hard that is why most girls are prostitutes in their father's homes
When there is money there is no problem but we are seeing people sell their own children in Nigeria because of poverty

It is like you don't understand how had things are for some people.

When things are hard that person you are helping will become a witch,you will see them chasing you in your dream and some pastors will back it up . Parents will call their own children witch
What have we not seen as a result of poverty
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by AllBlack: 1:44pm On Sep 23, 2023
Openfortruth:
Everything is not entitlement mentality. I guess even a child complains of hunger, the mother should feel he's feeling entitled to her food.

from the onset did your brother invite you to come and stay with him?

when you told him you were coming to join him, did he agree?

be honest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Bnno: 1:46pm On Sep 23, 2023
guy do yahoo
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by sgtponzihater1(m): 1:47pm On Sep 23, 2023
Take heart bro.

Never seek to have your own back.

If you brought food stuff from the village then cook and try to sort yourself out. Allow your brother eat as well

Learn to have a submissive spirit and do not fight back, which is the natural thing to do.

Be laser focussed on your future. If you persevere, this pain will pave way for your progress.

God has particular interest in the poor, humble and oppressed, so you are in good position. Ask the almighty to give you wisdom, favour and strength. Ask Him to provide for you and cloth you with His grace.

In all, never fight back, never seek revenge, and never let this bitterness get into your spirit.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by weslay: 1:47pm On Sep 23, 2023
MS247:
cool

Buy

Ugwu #50,
Okro #100
Okporoko #150
Ponmo #200
Ogbono #50
Cray Fish #100
Dry pepper #100
Onions #100
Locust bean #50
Buy Garri #200 or Fufu

If the elder brother knows he is not up to the task, he could have left his younger brother to stay back wherever he was. While bring him to a new place, where he probably knows no one and begin to starve him.

How does the elder brother expect him to feed as an apprentice? Or should he leave the apprenticeship training n start begging?

This me me me mentality is worrisome. What responsible person eats with making provisions for those living with him.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

What Would You First Go Through On Your Spouses' Phone If Given The Chance? / My Experience - The Scourge Of PHCN Estimated Billing / Have You Also Called Your Father Today? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.