Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,383 members, 7,829,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. (25689 Views)

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me / My Wife Hates Sex And Prefers I Masturbate / My Brother Is Sleeping With Our Cousin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Gajagojo: 4:16pm On Sep 23, 2023
EruditeSupport:

Balderdash!

You failed woefully if this were to be an examination.

You respond according to what you find in the narrative and not according to what you think.

You're thinking that he 'probably' landed suddenly, and that's your lame excuse for your position.

It's absolutely unacceptable to arrive at such conclusions. All things being equal, we hold the view that the OP arrived in his brothers house following due process except he states otherwise. If the elder brother had informed him earlier that he wouldn't be responsible for his feeding, the OP wouldn't have seen any need to complain.

No I am Not thinking anything

My position is I don't know

Whilst yours is that you know

There was a conversation and the brother should have told him before he came

We don't have that information so we ask not assume to the left or the right
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by armadeo(m): 4:16pm On Sep 23, 2023
Me and my brother can't sleep the same house make I chop food not knowing whether e never chop or not.

I no fit swallow that food.

Make we share the one indomie make 2 of us continue to hungry dey go. One day e go pure.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by JoshTim: 4:18pm On Sep 23, 2023
Gajagojo:

Nothing wrong in a person helping another person whether brother or not
If you Can
If you cannot there is nothing you can do.
It is HELP
Help is different from responsibility
Your children are your responsibility not your brother
Yes help them if you can but it is NOT their right or entitlement

From what the young man said, the brother can help him. Why cook, eat, wash plates and do like you never ate. Chai, posterity will judge such brother.
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Archworld(m): 4:18pm On Sep 23, 2023
MS247:

I am saying you are not a disable or an imbecileee so work for your own food

Give others and don't have entitled mentality to recieve like a beggar

Did you understand the post at all? He's an apprentice. He didn't sit at home waiting to be fed . In case you don't understand the meaning of apprentice kindly use the dictionary. Where do you expect him to earn money from and what time does he have as an apprentice . The question should be what kind of job is his elder brother doing ? Can he take care of two people

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Dhanidhamy(m): 4:20pm On Sep 23, 2023
MS247:
cool

Let's get some facts clear

1: Your brother owes you nothing , you owe your brother cost of rent and accomodation

2: Your Parents owe you education, shelter and welfare until you are 18, or 21 when you are legally adult

3: If you want your brother to feed you after providing you accomodations, you humbly go to him and plead...

My dear brother, kindly assist me with feeding pending the time I get something doing fetching money and I can contribute to our welfare,

4: whenever you get any Money, try and refill your brothers cooking gas, buy some spaghetti or noddles, or Golden penny Semo, Vegetables Oil and present it to your brother

Now I want you to surprise your brother this Weekend for Saturday morning

Buy

Ugwu #50,
Okro #100
Okporoko #150
Ponmo #200
Ogbono #50
Cray Fish #100
Dry pepper #100
Onions #100
Locust bean #50
Buy Garri #200 or Fufu

That is roughly 1000 Naira

Cook Eba and Okro soup for your brother tomorrow morning and serve him

Mumu man

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by JoshTim: 4:21pm On Sep 23, 2023
Gajagojo:

You lack wisdom
If you did you would realise there are two sides to every story.
Hearing one side and passing judgment is not wise.
A person who is old enough to marry is living like a bachelor cooking noodles and you think the best thing for him is to become father to one brother.
So he won't marry and arrange his life?
The OP is an adult he can and should wake up. If that brother dies won't he live?

Shakes my head for you mr wisdom. Maturity demands that the elder brother sits his younger one down and explain situation of things to him. I don't know which homes some of you are from. So wicked. Please, get out.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by cezarman(m): 4:21pm On Sep 23, 2023
MS247:

This kind of entitlement mentality is very very wrong

What entitlement mentality
You don't know what family means? There should be advantages. Unless you hate your bro, there's no reason to let him starve when you know his present condition.

Thank God this kind person no dey my family grin
Your type can turn a sibling to a slave oh grin

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Gajagojo: 4:23pm On Sep 23, 2023
JoshTim:

From what the young man said, the brother can help him. Why cook, eat, wash plates and do like you never ate. Chai, posterity will judge such brother.

Hi brother is helping him
He is not paying rent
You are making Assumptions
What work does his brother do?
How much is his salary
Does he have plans to marry does he send money to parents or others?
Did he arrive at his brothers house yesterday?
How did they start in the beginning
Did they have any conversation about how they will be living together?

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by JoshTim: 4:25pm On Sep 23, 2023
Gajagojo:

Hi brother is helping him
He is not paying rent
You are making Assumptions
What work does his brother do?
How much is his salary
Does he have plans to marry does he send money to parents or others?
Did he arrive at his brothers house yesterday?
How did they start in the beginning
Did they have any conversation about how they will be living together?

...lol...no need to argue with you. Bye.
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Gajagojo: 4:25pm On Sep 23, 2023
JoshTim:

Shakes my head for you mr wisdom. Maturity demands that the elder brother sits his younger one down and explain situation of things to him. I don't know which homes some of you are from. So wicked. Please, get out.
There are two sides to every story.
Maturity requires that fundamental understanding and ability to see gaps in any emotional story.
So foolish
Shut up
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Tyktoker: 4:27pm On Sep 23, 2023
Your brother brutal ohhh, laughing loud here. See, it's a character training for you, you are learning empathy already. Look around for where you can carry blocks on the site, it will fetch you upkeep money even more than a mason's helper but serving mason not bad if block carrying is not available, depending on your city, there are menial jobs peculiar to your location! Pray and use your hands else your brother is ready to use hunger finish you!
Openfortruth:
I greet you all Nairalanders.

Please permit me to share this thing my brother is doing to me.

As my life was about to become useless in the village, I came to the city to stay with my older brother and learn phone repairs.

My plan is to have this handwork so that when i gain admission, i wont rely totally only on education which has failed many in the country.

But my blood brother I'm staying with is behaving unkind to me as though i am a total stranger to him. Even total strangers deserve better treatment.

I'm only an apprenctice and yet to start making money. Most of the days, i trek to the place and return because I dont have transport.

He leave house first before me and return before me too. Before I would come back, he would cook noodles and finish it, washed the pot and everything and keep them clean as though nothing happened. Sometimes he eat outside and come back home and ignore me.

Except there's another way for me, that is how I would go hungry throughout the night and as early as possible in the morning, he would leave the house without reasoning anything food.

I'm seriously starving. I thought he would share the little he has with me till I also start making money. Is this how a senior brother should behave with the junior one?

He's being unkind to me and now I feel like hiding the Garri I brought from the village from him.

But is this how we should behave as blood brothers?

He can't even be there for me to free from this apprenticeship.
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by JoshTim: 4:27pm On Sep 23, 2023
Gajagojo:

There are two sides to every story.
Maturity requires that fundamental understanding and ability to see gaps in any emotional story.

...i dont keep people who reason like you close to me....lest people start thinking you are the one feeding me when you are not.
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Mayeldah(m): 4:29pm On Sep 23, 2023
Gajagojo:

Many Nigerians grow up on the street
Many families in Nigeria are not happy homes
It is not because they are bad people
That is how Nigeria happens to them
Those from happy hopes or growing up in Mansions are not better people
That is no basis for insults or condescension
Nigeria is a very hard place.
When times are good people can be generous and when times are hard mothers sell their babies
If you have a good life be grateful and humble you are not better or more deserving than those that don't

You are just a wicked person, stop defending thrash. Someone like you, you won't help even when you have enough
what is food that someone will deny his brother?

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by cezarman(m): 4:29pm On Sep 23, 2023
JoshTim:

Mehn I just tire grin

I no go like dey same family with many people here sad
We can't blame them much though... It all depends on how they grew up.
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Gajagojo: 4:31pm On Sep 23, 2023
Let us change the story
Assuming it was an elder sister and she is doing olosho work

Will you be comfortable eating that food?
All these kids are weak and spineless
Go out there and hustle.
If you have to do conductor do it
Or go back to the village

Your brother is telling you the bitter truth with body language
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Gajagojo: 4:33pm On Sep 23, 2023
Mayeldah:

You are just a wicked person, stop defending thrash. Someone like you, you won't help even when you have enough
what is food that someone will deny his brother?
It is your mouth say what you like if you like eat shit with it
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Gajagojo: 4:35pm On Sep 23, 2023
JoshTim:

...i dont keep people who reason like you close to me....lest people start thinking you are the one feeding me when you are not.
Even if you want you cannot get close to me
Don't assume we belong to the same social class because we are on Nairaland
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by AllLovingGod: 4:35pm On Sep 23, 2023
These are the ones supporting tinubu, naira marley etc.
Apple doesn't fall far from it's tree indeed. Very heartless souls. E be things oo.
MS247:
cool

1: Your brother owes you nothing , you owe your brother cost of rent and accomodation

2: Your Parents owe you education, shelter and welfare until you are 18, or 21 when you are legally adult

3: If you want your brother to feed you after providing you accomodations, you humbly go to him and plead...

My dear brother, kindly assist me with feeding pending the time I get something doing fetching money and I can contribute to our welfare,

4: whenever you get any Money, try and refill your brothers cooking gas, buy some spaghetti or noddles, or Golden penny Semo, Vegetables Oil and present it to your brother

Buy

Ugwu #50,
Okro #100
Okporoko #150
Ponmo #200
Ogbono #50
Cray Fish #100
Dry pepper #100
Onions #100
Locust bean #50
Buy Garri #200 or Fufu

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by yemmit90: 4:35pm On Sep 23, 2023
ChemicalReaction:

You go too wicked sha... And person wey get you as sibling no get anybody.

Unfortunately, his kind became liability to those they refuse to help when they got sick or enter a problem.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by jayjayjones: 4:38pm On Sep 23, 2023
Nasri100:
My friend STFU!!

My friend, the world has passed all these - No matter how you guilt trip or use emotions to handle this, fact remains HE IS NOT ENTITLED TO ANYTHING FROM HIS ELDER BROTHER.

OP is entitled to care from his dad and mom. Since the duo have failed in their primary responsibility which should be a serious criminal offense in Nigeria (Child support should be a serious deal in this dead country), OP is now left to fend for himself.

Irresponsible parents and breeding are part of the cause of poverty in ya country.

Back to you Openfortruth , your elder brother owes you nothing. Earlier you realize that the better for you.

As someone pointed out in first page, you have to treat him like an OGA to get something from him. Do things that you know will make him happy in the long run.

The state of Nigeria is the problem. If you were in the States you could be flipping burgers in a fastfood and have a side hustle and still pay your bills and get a nice apartment.

I cant imagine the job you could do in Nigeria to give you a good salary considering you dont even have a degree.

So of course Nigeria also failed you. You better go out there and hustle.

Nobody gives a damn about gender M.

CC Agentgoat
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by adedayoa2(f): 4:40pm On Sep 23, 2023
Mindlog:

Dropping something for younger ones according to your capacity, is not entitlement mentality. If Nigerian police pick any of them up, no be the other one go run around abi is their parents with them in the city?

Reality is that time flies so fast, 5 years from now the stupidity of this moments will look so infantile.

What really touched me is this "Before I would come back, he would cook noodles and finish it, washed the pot and everything and keep them clean as though nothing happened. Sometimes he eat outside and come back home and ignore me".......your own blood, your younger sibling goes to bed hungry after trekking back from where he is learning a skill, while you have eaten.....Schizoid Personality Disorder no pass this one o.
e baffle me o, I just dey read different things for here.
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by GoodRocks: 4:41pm On Sep 23, 2023
Cantonese:

Brother, you are still too young.

Listen to this very clear advise:

While you assist your siblings with what you can, ensure that you are growing. While you assist your siblings, ensure that you are ahead on all fronts.

While you are at it, ensuring that your siblings are educated and standing on their feet, ensure that you are educated and standing on your feet too. Youโ€™re not Dangote or Elumelu, who are super rich. Do not turn yourself into the family sacrificial lamb.

I want to freely inform you that you may train them and ensure all the need in life and they throw you away when they are in better positions.

While you are training them and they begin to have children, you will be left behind. There is a difference between Uncle and Daddy. Their children will call you uncle, while you do not have one child of your own.

Time waits for no man, as they say.

Please help your siblings as much as you are able to. If you are not there, they will stand on their feet. You cannot arrogate the position of God to yourself in their lives. Responsibility of taking care of children falls on parents, not on first sons and first daughters. Many of them suffer what they never expected many years after ensuring that their siblings stand on their feet.

Bro You're much More still younger than I thought.

Your post is exactly same thing I said. Or you were expecting me to make it longer? Dude You just corresponded to everything I wrote there. Of course if you're not ahead of your brothers, how do you intend to help them?

The long write up isn't necessary, na still the same thing we dey talk
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by GodWrites: 4:42pm On Sep 23, 2023
Gajagojo:

People always mix things up
First you start by telling us your biography
That is not relevant
You were in a position to feed your brother 3square meals

This person that is cooking noodles and washing pot does he sound like he is eating 3 square meals

You are right on your final point about making babies
But the personal comparison is unclear
What is your point
That you have
"Goodness of heart"

the only test of goodness of heart comes when you are poor and cannot feed yourself
Then when you can go hungry for another person to eat we can talk of goodness of heart

You sound triggered, probably because you have never made a single impact on the life of your siblings. You need to be fixed.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 23, 2023
If and when you decide to hide that garri just know you bought yourself a raffledraw back to the village. Better share your concerns and frustrations with him, he's human after all.
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by GoodRocks: 4:46pm On Sep 23, 2023
Gajagojo:

That is your own business
You can do your life how you like

That is not the reality in Nigeria
If it was their parents won't have had children they cannot train

That is why there are more than 200 million Nigerians
People have babies and don't educate or train them

Lol why you dey para bro? ๐Ÿ˜‚

I just told you nothing but the plain truth you start to dey para! How can you intend to get married when you cannot comfortably even help or assist your brothers financially until they find their feet?

Dude, if you can't feed your own blood parents comfortable, abeg how do you intend to feed your wife and provide for your in-laws as at when due? Abi you think you won't Take care of the girl and your in-laws to be? Or they didn't tell you when you marry a girl you're getting married to her entire family? Dude you have no business talking about marriage if the above criterias hasn't been considered!

Oga marriage isn't a child's play! If you're not financially stable, stay away from marriage!
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Gajagojo: 4:48pm On Sep 23, 2023
GodWrites:

Sorry, but I didn't mention you. I know the present economy is hard, but take your frustration somewhere else.

You didn't mention me butv I mentioned you
so??
That is the nature of the forum. You can leave if you don't like it
The present economy?? In which country?

Say something else that one is childish
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by GoodRocks: 4:50pm On Sep 23, 2023
Gajagojo:

Even if you want you cannot get close to me
Don't assume we belong to the same social class because we are on Nairaland

People like you are actually very broke and poor and still depending and eating from their parents pot! They're usually the first to talk about social class when they know they have absolutely nothing!

Oga if U cannot help your brothers until they find their feet, is it when they die you'll roll out money? That is if you even the money sef.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by olayinka63: 4:50pm On Sep 23, 2023
MS247:
cool

Buy

Ugwu #50,
Okro #100
Okporoko #150
Ponmo #200
Ogbono #50
Cray Fish #100
Dry pepper #100
Onions #100
Locust bean #50
Buy Garri #200 or Fufu

You and those liking your post are the types who pushes youths of nowadays to fraud and quick way of making money. A brother should help his younger ones as long as he has. Even the little he has, he should share with him. If he doesn't have, he should communicate and be transparent with his brother. Brother is brother, and please don't import alien thinking into our culture. With this your pressure advice, the guy can abandon his training and join yahoo yahoo gang to make quick illegal money.
My younger brother lived with me, he doesn't polish my shoes nor wash my clothes. I even wash his dishes and I shelter and fed him. He is now living on his own. I also have brothers who does similar for me too. It is our culture for brother to help brother in every way.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by GodWrites: 4:51pm On Sep 23, 2023
Gajagojo:

You didn't mention me butv I mentioned you
so??
That is the nature of the forum. You can leave if you don't like it
The present economy?? In which country?

Say something else that one is childish

Lol
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Openfortruth: 4:52pm On Sep 23, 2023
AllBlack:

from the onset did your brother invite you to come and stay with him?

when you told him you were coming to join him, did he agree?

be honest.

Yes he agreed. Even before now, I use to come and go. I think may be because I'm staying now.
Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by Gajagojo: 4:52pm On Sep 23, 2023
GO0DHardDick:

Lol why you dey para bro? ๐Ÿ˜‚

I just told you nothing but the plain truth you start to dey para! How can you intend to get married when you cannot comfortably even help or assist your brothers financially until they find their feet?

Dude, if you can't feed your own blood parents comfortable, abeg how do you intend to feed your wife and provide for your in-laws as at when due? Abi you think you won't Take care of the girl and your in-laws to be? Or they didn't tell you when you marry a girl you're getting married to her entire family? Dude you have no business talking about marriage if the above criterias hasn't been considered!

Oga marriage isn't a child's play! If you're not financially stable, stay away from marriage!

That is exactly how Nigeria got to 200 million
Having babies anyhow,not educating them and hoping first born will train them

So a man will not marry till he is 40 because he has brothers

You are free to make that choice for yourself not everyone

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Not Helping Me. He Prefers To Starve Me. by weslay: 4:54pm On Sep 23, 2023
AllBlack:

were you there when the elder brother TOLD HIM TO COME? how do you guys jump into conclusions like this?

Were you there when his brother told him not to come or that he couldn't cater him?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Man Accuses Wife Of Carrying Strange Pregnancy (photo) / Marriage Is Good For Your Health: Check These Facts / When Is One Ready To Get Married? A MUST-READ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.