Stats: 3,154,073 members, 7,821,690 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles (51978 Views)

Save Nigeria Movement Accuses Obasanjo Of Planning To Divide Nigeria / Kenneth Gbagi Arrests Hotel Staff, Strips Them Naked For 'Stealing N5k' / Who Are These Women? Wole Soyinka Accuses Obasanjo Of Awarding Oil Blocs For Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Masterito(m): 7:29pm On Sep 23, 2023
I am not sure you understand who OBJ is? It is funny how you all feel you can disrespect him. OBJ reach to tell those traditional rulers to stand up.
accordadoga30:

Hehehe

We respect our culture.

Omoluabis don't wake up their elders with sidekicks like they do in one region so that OSU's attitude is not acceptable by us.

A 20 years old boy who is an Oba is older than a 90 years old man. The 90yr old man has to respect that crown. It is the crown he is respecting and not the boy.

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by intruder15(m): 7:29pm On Sep 23, 2023
accordadoga30:

Hehehe

We respect our culture.

Omoluabis don't wake up their elders with sidekicks like they do in one region so that OSU's attitude is not acceptable by us.

A 20 years old boy who is an Oba is older than a 90 years old man. The 90yr old man has to respect that crown. It is the crown he is respecting and not the boy.

Does your culture permit Obas not to respect a sitting governor? I just need clarity on this.

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by jahsharon: 7:30pm On Sep 23, 2023
HardBishop:
Imagine a General and a former head of state, you yorubas have that [b]othersity[/b ]stripped his belt. Nonsense

I guess most of the so called obas were playing kekere dance in their nursery daycare when this GENERAL OBASANJO went to biafran war, even became a president them when OBAS were they're in primary school. I don't think yorubas get respect.

othersity

What is the meaning of the above word? Are you mentally okay?

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 7:30pm On Sep 23, 2023
accordadoga30:

Hehehe

We respect our culture.

But if Tinubu insults Dem, it doesn't matter...nonsense

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by samwash(m): 7:31pm On Sep 23, 2023
Am expecting an open letter soon if only OBJ cares.

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by oluxy(m): 7:34pm On Sep 23, 2023

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by BigCowHornn: 7:34pm On Sep 23, 2023
accordadoga30:

Hehehe

We respect our culture.

Clearly your osu tradition is confused

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Franzinni: 7:35pm On Sep 23, 2023
Colucho han tradishun

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by nairanaira12: 7:35pm On Sep 23, 2023
HardBishop:
Imagine a General and a former head of state, you yorubas have that othersity stripped his belt. Nonsense

I guess most of the so called obas were playing kekere dance in their nursery daycare when this GENERAL OBASANJO went to biafran war, even became a president them when OBAS were they're in primary school. I don't think yorubas get respect.

This your slavery mentality is top notch

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 23, 2023

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by newnigerdelta00: 7:35pm On Sep 23, 2023
HardBishop:
Imagine a General and a former head of state, you yorubas have that othersity stripped his belt. Nonsense

Wetin you mean? Sometimes owner thinking

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by newnigerdelta00: 7:36pm On Sep 23, 2023
Godofwar247:
Wahalla promax... Baba no go even send them...

Na you come send Dem?

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by millionboi2: 7:36pm On Sep 23, 2023
accordadoga30:
Good!!!

That baba na alaseju.

Like our great grandfathers say, house wey settle na the bastard neva grow.

He is a disrespectful OSU and should be stripped of all YORUBA chieftaincy titles
who your nonsense title help?

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by DJInfluence: 7:36pm On Sep 23, 2023
Why dem Stand Up when he ordered them to stand up? Now dem dem don dey do gragra. Why the obas no refused to stand up that day? Because people condemn wetin OBJ do. All this one come dey show themselves.
Anyway, I blame the obas, they allowed politicians to use them. So how will the same politician respect them?

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by ceejay80s(m): 7:37pm On Sep 23, 2023
It's like u Yorubas don't know that a governor of a state is higher than ur oba.....
Stand up for ur governor is now disrespect

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Regie2bless: 7:37pm On Sep 23, 2023

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Jeyun: 7:38pm On Sep 23, 2023
alanto:

Such a shame nobody from that region will be president in your lifetime. I see why you hate the rest... It's called inferiority complex.
when u go get sense? Na president dey pay your bills month don end NEPA go soon bring their over padded bill na president go pay am for u? Fuel your gen and your car, pay your kids school fee's, fill your gas for u and stock your kitchen with food stuffs. Oga better go huzle see u see suffer. Anyway e don they wey una dey the suffer no be today. Who president help

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by IdiotSpotter: 7:39pm On Sep 23, 2023
HardBishop:

Idiot!

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by BigCowHornn: 7:39pm On Sep 23, 2023
alanto:

If you are blessed with culture like the Yorubas Simon Ekpa will not be destabilizing your villages from far away Finland. Respect in life is everything, that's one thing you guys lack naturally.

Respect for elders is the reason why Yorubaland is peaceful. You saw what happened when Sunday igboho tried to insult the Ooni.

We respect elders, regard parents as deities, kings as the mouthpiece of the gods and God as the supreme. Such tradition will flourish naturally.

Imagine a place where you naked, mutilate and murder your kings and then use their heads to kick soccer. Such environment can't prosper, you are pissing your gods off and shitttting on your ancestors... Because the Almighty God endorse kingship and our local traditions uphold these belief that's why you guys need culture and tradition, like every other society. It's what's keeping Edo peaceful.

Ogun kee you and that useless culture

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by IdiotSpotter: 7:39pm On Sep 23, 2023
Regie2bless:
make obasanjo drop block now, una go change mouth, bunch of hungry people.

Idiot!

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by IdiotSpotter: 7:41pm On Sep 23, 2023
HardBishop:

Respect respect hen hen hen........
You should respect a military general who has the capability of leading an army. You bloody civilians who don't know to defend yourself will be ranting ..............
20 yrs old ko or no...... Respect trash trash....

Idiot!

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by masseratti: 7:42pm On Sep 23, 2023
They should go and sit down... What Obasanjo said was the truth.. The only bad part was to command them to stand up and sit down.. The Governor can remove all.. I say it again all of them from their thrones and nothing will happen, all traditional rulers must stand up for any Governor in the country. Traditional rulers are ceremonial not Authority.. Left to me sef they should be abolished, they constitute more to under development of the society in Nigeria.. They do nothing but collect 2.5% of LGA allocation... No productivities but marry more wives, cause land troubles, collect oil company development money or any company in their domain money.. All into their pockets.

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by ponishah: 7:42pm On Sep 23, 2023
lexylaw40:

https://thenewsguru.com/news/korofo-stand-up-order-yoruba-apex-group-strips-obasanjo-of-all-chieftaincy-titles/
RUBBISH...
We too dey fake concern for this country, you guys are hypocrites.
Yes, Obasanjo was just arrogant , just only in the sense that he could have ignored the protocol upon which he spoke.
But Obasanjo, was right, he was acting constitutionally, except that people would want to argue that he is no longer a president, but by protocol he is a member of council of state, which also makes him higher than them. Then kings and monarchs have classes, Obasanjo also knew their classes, because he cant do it to Oonii, Oba of Benin, Oba of Oyo etc.

My quarrel with these hypocrites saying that they have stripped him of titles is , that they should visit the constitution and strip Governors of power over monarchs, Any governor cn remove any king as he likes, because the constitution gives him that power.
I wonder where they were when it as muscled into the constitution.
Traditional rulers should be an independent tier

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Nolevel666: 7:43pm On Sep 23, 2023
accordadoga30:

Hehehe

We respect our culture.

I don’t blame you and your useless obas

It is because the Nigerian statesmanship decides to recognize chiefdom in Nigeria.

Else you all would have been roting in jail for disrespecting the governor.

Where were your obas when britain was invading your lands?

Could your worthless traditions have saved any of them if Britain had decided to wage war on you with full force?

The rest of the world is progressing at the speed of light you are all here still making fool of yourselves.

Take it or leave it, the whites man’s culture is the most superior presently in the context of survival and adaptation in and to man’s immediate environment.

Your culture, traditions, juju, whatever is worthless against nuclear bombs.

Get that into your reptilian skull

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by spencekat(m): 7:45pm On Sep 23, 2023
Who chieftaincy titles epp?
Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by spencekat(m): 7:46pm On Sep 23, 2023
masseratti:
They should go and sit down... What Obasanjo said was the truth.. The only bad part was to command them to stand up and sit down.. The Governor can remove all.. I say it again all of them from their thrones and nothing will happen, all traditional rulers must stand up for any Governor in the country. Traditional rulers are ceremonial not Authority.. Left to me sef they[b][/b] [/b]should be abolished, [b][b][/b]they constitute more to under development of the society in Nigeria.. They do nothing but collect 2.5% of LGA allocation... No productivities but marry more wives, cause land troubles, collect oil company development money or any company in their domain money.. All into their pockets.
Supported!!!
Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by drugBaronTINUBU: 7:50pm On Sep 23, 2023
lexylaw09:
Obasanjo and his father ( The Obi of onitsha )
U believed this but refused to believe Tinubu was a drug pusher🤣🤣🤣

Yorubas are shits

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Larryndelaw: 7:50pm On Sep 23, 2023
HardBishop:

Biafra WAR my foot. OBJ is a fool

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by DesChyko: 7:51pm On Sep 23, 2023
Okay.. What titles did he have though? 🤔

I haven't heard him addressed as any.
Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Dottormentor: 7:52pm On Sep 23, 2023
Shut up your goro teeth, which military general? The one wey boko dey roast like pidgin? Ur comments indicate ur region, eniya bi epon obuko.
HardBishop:

Respect respect hen hen hen........
You should respect a military general who has the capability of leading an army. You bloody civilians who don't know to defend yourself will be ranting ..............
20 yrs old ko or no...... Respect trash trash....

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by seunodediranivy: 7:52pm On Sep 23, 2023
christejames:
These useless Obas should keep playing the script of Tinubu thinking they are mocking OBJ.

We awake who laughs last!

Quite unfortunate that petty politics has made reasonability and cultural values to be illusive in our society.
It's not enough for a person like Obasanjo, having attained the level he has been in the society to be denigrating Yoruba cultures and stools and anybody that does such a thing is bound to pay for it, with this, Baba Obasanjo has started to be diminishing in value, it's not a course, but just a matter of time, we shall all see.

Re: Yoruba Apex Group Strips Obasanjo Of All Chieftaincy Titles by Konquest: 7:54pm On Sep 23, 2023
alanto:

If you are blessed with culture like the Yorubas Simon Ekpa will not be destabilizing your villages from far away Finland. Respect in life is everything, that's one thing you guys lack naturally.

Respect for elders is the reason why Yorubaland is peaceful. You saw what happened when Sunday igboho tried to insult the Ooni.

We respect elders, regard parents as deities, kings as the mouthpiece of the gods and God as the supreme. Such tradition will flourish naturally.

Imagine a place where you naked, mutilate and murder your kings and then use their heads to kick soccer. Such environment can't prosper, you are pissing your gods off and shitttting on your ancestors... Because the Almighty God endorse kingship and our local traditions uphold these belief that's why you guys need culture and tradition, like every other society. It's what's keeping Edo peaceful.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Suleiman Hashimu: 'Robbers Gave Me N200, Pure Water On The Road' / Body Of Hadiza, Sule Lamido's Daughter Arrives Nigeria For Burial / Some Tinubu Supporters in Nnewi Celebrate Presidential Election Result (Video)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53