Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

We Can Power 774 LGAs In Nigeria Within 24 Months – Prof. Emenike Ejiogu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Can Power 774 LGAs In Nigeria Within 24 Months – Prof. Emenike Ejiogu (37028 Views)

Atiku Given Assignment To Fix Nigeria Within Four Years – Primate Ayodele / Ekiti Election: How APC And PDP Stand In The 16 LGAs In Ekiti / Pascal Ikenna Ejiogu Turns Black Panther In Campaign Billboard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Can Power 774 LGAs In Nigeria Within 24 Months – Prof. Emenike Ejiogu by seguno2: 4:56pm On Sep 23, 2023
1Dray:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/09/energy-security-we-can-power-774-lgas-in-nigeria-within-24-months-unn-don/

Why is it so easy to fool us? Why?
Did Fashola not say something similar before he was given the opportunity to do it as part of the APC change promises, only to fcvk up terribly

March 9, 2015

Power supply: All homes in Lagos will be lit in six months if… —Fashola

The governor, while commissioning the fifth IPP, said: “Let the EKO DISCOs sign a contract with me, giving part of their concessioning to the state government. In about six to eight months, there will be power in all homes in Lagos State.

“So, let no one say that he has no money to deliver power for the entire country. This is the limit to which the law allows us to do, but we have done this to make a statement that power can be generated.

‘’So, when they come with lies that power is impossible, you can tell them that we have power here; we make it possible.”

He opined that the project showed that the money to improve the Nigerian economy is here, “since we don’t need the World Bank to come and do this for us.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/power-supply-all-homes-in-lagos-will-be-lit-in-six-months-if-fashola/amp/
Re: We Can Power 774 LGAs In Nigeria Within 24 Months – Prof. Emenike Ejiogu by DeLaRue: 4:57pm On Sep 23, 2023
Lol

I guess he's talking about syngas.

The technology has been around for more than 50 years.

You can even produce your own gas from waste products in your backyard.

Plenty of videos on you tube.

The Professor is presenting it as some kind of indegenous technological breakthrough.

Where is the professor going to get enough waste product to produce enough gas needed for an entire local government 24hrs a day, 365 day a year.

It can't compete with the gas that is extracted from the ground, which Nigeria has in abundance.

1 Like

Re: We Can Power 774 LGAs In Nigeria Within 24 Months – Prof. Emenike Ejiogu by arsenal33: 4:57pm On Sep 23, 2023
banku:
Thank you Professor.

All the old universities were empowered with brain, know-how and technical abilities of solar, gas and wind power available in their laboratories to extend it to local governments.

What happened?
they prefer to go on strike
Re: We Can Power 774 LGAs In Nigeria Within 24 Months – Prof. Emenike Ejiogu by 1Dray(m): 5:01pm On Sep 23, 2023
seguno2:

Why is it so easy to fool us? Why?
Did Fashola not say something similar before he was given the opportunity to do it as part of the APC change promises, only to fcvk up terribly

Is Fashola an Engineer or a Lawyer cum politician.
Re: We Can Power 774 LGAs In Nigeria Within 24 Months – Prof. Emenike Ejiogu by Iagos: 5:01pm On Sep 23, 2023
I have 24 hours electricity. I use solar.

If everybody can do same, we wouldn't have energy issues.
I share power to my neighbours
Re: We Can Power 774 LGAs In Nigeria Within 24 Months – Prof. Emenike Ejiogu by Solidex(m): 5:02pm On Sep 23, 2023
Talk is cheap.
We keep feeding ourselves with mere rhitorics whithout backing it up with necessarily action.
Re: We Can Power 774 LGAs In Nigeria Within 24 Months – Prof. Emenike Ejiogu by eldoradoxx: 5:02pm On Sep 23, 2023
See empty heads here thinking that what the professor said is not possible. The solution to the electricity crisis is exactly what he has proffered, de-emphasize national grid system and go for mini and micro grid system where different companies are licensed to generate and distribute electricity for different towns and cities. For instant, who says that Lagos government cannot license two or three electricity generating companies to build their gas turbines, generate and distribute electricity for say Ajah, or VI or Ikorodu. Why must the entire Lagos be waiting for load allocation from national grid that is always failing. Why can FCT for instance license different companies to build gas turbines to power the entire Kubwa or Lugbe or Gwagwalada rather than wait for AECD alone. I understand exactly what the professor is saying. We are rich in gas, we can use our gas to fire our turbines to generate endless electricity.
Re: We Can Power 774 LGAs In Nigeria Within 24 Months – Prof. Emenike Ejiogu by AareGaa: 5:04pm On Sep 23, 2023
Wisereborn:
Will the government allow it

There will be no avenue for them to borrow undecided

They are the greatest problem we are having in this country undecided

Protect yourselves and light up your immediate environment first

They don't need government approval.

Electricity has been deregulated.

He should power Enugu State first and spread it to cover the whole South East before coming out with his lies.

Ibos and self deception!

1 Like

Re: We Can Power 774 LGAs In Nigeria Within 24 Months – Prof. Emenike Ejiogu by Ahigbo1: 5:06pm On Sep 23, 2023
Perhaps it's possible... but the government will thwart it
Re: We Can Power 774 LGAs In Nigeria Within 24 Months – Prof. Emenike Ejiogu by seguno2: 5:08pm On Sep 23, 2023
1Dray:
Is Fashola an Engineer or a Lawyer cum politician.

Your question is why I asked why we are easily fooled.

To have stable electricity, vote out PDP – Fashola

July 11, 2014

Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, has said the only way the country can have stable electricity is to vote out the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) from power in next year’s general election.

Fashola, who gave the counsel while marking his 2,600 days in office at an elaborate ceremony held at the Blue Roof of the Lagos Television premises, said electricity crisis in the country is caused by lack of ideas and insincerity of purpose on the part of Federal Government.

He said,” Yes I agree with you that it is possible to generate electricity and to make sure that everybody in this country has electricity, we have to do the right thing. But you know what, the only way that you and I will have electricity in this country will be to vote out the PDP.

https://thenationonlineng.net/to-have-stable-electricity-vote-out-pdp-fashola/
Re: We Can Power 774 LGAs In Nigeria Within 24 Months – Prof. Emenike Ejiogu by AareGaa: 5:08pm On Sep 23, 2023
1Dray:

They obviously won't, for obvious reasons.

He is deceiving his Ibo people.

Why not power Enugu State first.
Does he even need any approval when electricity has been deregulated?

The prof is talking like an illiterate.
Re: We Can Power 774 LGAs In Nigeria Within 24 Months – Prof. Emenike Ejiogu by seguno2: 5:09pm On Sep 23, 2023
AareGaa:

They don't need government approval.

Electricity has been deregulated.

He should power Enugu State first and spread it to cover the whole South East before coming out with his lies.

Ibos and self deception!

Is Fashola Igbo also
Re: We Can Power 774 LGAs In Nigeria Within 24 Months – Prof. Emenike Ejiogu by InvertedHammer: 5:09pm On Sep 23, 2023
/
It can never happen in Nigeria because it will block the avenue for government officials to loot the Treasury through overinflated contracts. It is akin to fixing the refineries--bad business.

/
Re: We Can Power 774 LGAs In Nigeria Within 24 Months – Prof. Emenike Ejiogu by AareGaa: 5:11pm On Sep 23, 2023
1Dray:

With which fund?
Find him and see if won't do it.

Nobody will fund him.
He should approach his state governor or a bank.

Let him power power Ibo land first
Re: We Can Power 774 LGAs In Nigeria Within 24 Months – Prof. Emenike Ejiogu by phemmyfour: 5:11pm On Sep 23, 2023
Re: We Can Power 774 LGAs In Nigeria Within 24 Months – Prof. Emenike Ejiogu by MasterTeeUSA: 5:12pm On Sep 23, 2023
Decentralization is the key but it can't be via LGA...some LGAs don't have the capacity to pay salaries not to talk of running electricity into households and maintaining the infrastructure. When people talk, they should always consider the "Naija" factor not just textbook analysis. Now If you say combine some LGAs with less capacity and let some stand alone then determine which LGAs will get Govt subsidy and so on...we can talk but not blanket statement like 10MW per LGAs or whatever...some LGAs will also require more and some will require less.

1Dray:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/09/energy-security-we-can-power-774-lgas-in-nigeria-within-24-months-unn-don/

1 Like

Re: We Can Power 774 LGAs In Nigeria Within 24 Months – Prof. Emenike Ejiogu by Sergioaguero: 5:13pm On Sep 23, 2023
duro4chang:
He should start from one local government so that we will all see

Free or with air or without money to power it?
Re: We Can Power 774 LGAs In Nigeria Within 24 Months – Prof. Emenike Ejiogu by Fantastictelem: 5:13pm On Sep 23, 2023
This is what I don't like about like about the way we practice engineering in Africa, it is all about paper presentation. Let this professor put this research work into practice in UNN and bring out the results that will now warrant support from FGN.
Fiscal and monetary policy can never stabilize our currency but increase in production activities will do. Our engineers and scientists have a lots to contribute to achieve this increase in production activities
Re: We Can Power 774 LGAs In Nigeria Within 24 Months – Prof. Emenike Ejiogu by AllenSpencer: 5:13pm On Sep 23, 2023
🤣🤣🤣

I can power the world in 48 hours
Re: We Can Power 774 LGAs In Nigeria Within 24 Months – Prof. Emenike Ejiogu by slowice(m): 5:14pm On Sep 23, 2023
SpecialAdviser:
Nonesense noisemakers everywhere. I recently visited UNN my alma mater and found out everywhere was dark.

Let this efulefu power UNN first. UNN is rapidly losing its glory in the hands of it's latest fraud managers.

Do some of you think with your anus? You should at least know that this will require huge funding that the average Nigerian school can't afford and that's where the government come in
Re: We Can Power 774 LGAs In Nigeria Within 24 Months – Prof. Emenike Ejiogu by duro4chang(m): 5:15pm On Sep 23, 2023
Sergioaguero:

Free or with air or without money to power it?
Ask him
Re: We Can Power 774 LGAs In Nigeria Within 24 Months – Prof. Emenike Ejiogu by KingLion007(m): 5:15pm On Sep 23, 2023
We Can, We Can. Look where we are now. Just tired of "WE CAN" Nigerians need actions not We can.
Re: We Can Power 774 LGAs In Nigeria Within 24 Months – Prof. Emenike Ejiogu by AareGaa: 5:15pm On Sep 23, 2023
GeneralPula:

Tell them to power Abia state first before the whole Nigeria..

I’m sure Alex Otti will allow it..

Btw... the greatest problem we’re having is this federalism! We should just go back to regionalism!

Electricity generation and distribution has been deregulated by Buhari.

Ibos like blaming everyone for their woes.

Let him power his local government or state and let's see.

1 Like

Re: We Can Power 774 LGAs In Nigeria Within 24 Months – Prof. Emenike Ejiogu by ppogba: 5:15pm On Sep 23, 2023
Gadafii:
Govt will definitely not allow this to happen

Terrorism and power are one of the major, sources of embezzlement in this country

The same government that has deregulated? There are enough laws allowing people to generate power now and sell same.

Always find out before commenting.

Everything is not about sentiment.
Re: We Can Power 774 LGAs In Nigeria Within 24 Months – Prof. Emenike Ejiogu by emerged01(m): 5:16pm On Sep 23, 2023
duro4chang:
He should start from one local government so that we will all see
Bro,na marketing dem dey do.
Re: We Can Power 774 LGAs In Nigeria Within 24 Months – Prof. Emenike Ejiogu by slowice(m): 5:16pm On Sep 23, 2023
fabolouz1:
Power enugu first.

Bigotry does not provide solution either..... Learn to think like a human being and shun bigotry.
Re: We Can Power 774 LGAs In Nigeria Within 24 Months – Prof. Emenike Ejiogu by Myer(m): 5:16pm On Sep 23, 2023
Wisereborn:
Will the government allow it

There will be no avenue for them to borrow undecided

They are the greatest problem we are having in this country undecided

Protect yourselves and light up your immediate environment first

If the pros and cons of this have been properly examined and put to test, I strongly hope Govt considers this.

This is what the East os blessed with, I pray we can work synergistically.
Re: We Can Power 774 LGAs In Nigeria Within 24 Months – Prof. Emenike Ejiogu by AareGaa: 5:18pm On Sep 23, 2023
RepoMan007:
What he is saying is quite simple and the trendy way of power generation advanwd nations are embracing. Distributed generation tied together by a bigger grid but personal greed is not helping issues.

He is talking rubbish to deceive his ibo people.

Electricity has been fully derelegulated.
He should get his licence and start from his Local government.
Re: We Can Power 774 LGAs In Nigeria Within 24 Months – Prof. Emenike Ejiogu by Keme4Real(f): 5:18pm On Sep 23, 2023
Two years is too much. Fashola already did this same thing in 6 months.
Re: We Can Power 774 LGAs In Nigeria Within 24 Months – Prof. Emenike Ejiogu by slowice(m): 5:18pm On Sep 23, 2023
mukthar2000:
Start from ur community first let see how active, then we no what next , if to allow u power Nigeria within 1week ,not within 24moth.

Who's the "we" here bro? Yall overate yourselves too much cos you are nobody but your bigotry always preceeds your brain.
Re: We Can Power 774 LGAs In Nigeria Within 24 Months – Prof. Emenike Ejiogu by duro4chang(m): 5:19pm On Sep 23, 2023
emerged01:
Bro,na marketing dem dey do.
No mind them
Re: We Can Power 774 LGAs In Nigeria Within 24 Months – Prof. Emenike Ejiogu by soccerlite: 5:19pm On Sep 23, 2023
I expect SE govs to rally around this initiative - no

There will be limited Avenue to steal

I expect Igbos to donate to this initiative - no

Na arms they want to buy and continue to champion bigotry through obi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Doyin Okupe: I Knowingly Lied During The 2015 Presidential Campaign / Namadi Sambo Wins His Polling Unit For Atiku, PDP / Obasanjo, Fayemi Meet Governor Wike In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.