Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,102 members, 7,818,294 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? (21110 Views)

With 16500 Security Agents Will Allow You Travel From Lagos To Abuja Despite Ban / When Last Did You Travel To The Village? / Before You Travel To Canada: The Dangers Therein (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Semaj77(m): 1:50pm On Sep 24, 2023
LUAN:
Before you embark on a Long journey travel, what do you eat or not eat so that you won't urinate or defecate before you get to your destination.

I prefer not to eat or drink during the course of the journey , I can only eat when the journey is almost over , like an hour to the end of the journey
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by dingbang(m): 1:51pm On Sep 24, 2023
I make sure i eat well...and drink water when necessary. And if i am pressed, i open up to the driver to stop.. Life no hard.
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by AllDModsAreMaad: 1:51pm On Sep 24, 2023
grandstar:

Back in the late 90s, you travel from Bauchi to Jos which is an hour journey, normally in a Kombi buses

It was at Jos you now get a luxurious bus to Lagos.

Not all buses were luxurious. Some were just big buses. One could also travel with J5 buses. I took any of the 3 depending on how buoyant I was or what was readily available.

Oh OK, now I understand.

Those days of J5, chai!

Things have come and go, and many will still come and go.

Just like my trip to Kano for my NYSC back then, the driver parked and waited for us to get something to eat, omoh our search for food(kiosk or food sellers) on leg that night suppose reach 1 kilometer because we were just going up and down, he will still drive small, park and tell us to go and find food, it was actually a chartered bus and I don't think the man is familiar with the route there because at a point he started asking people for directions, the funny thing is all these happened in the middle of the night o, well this bandit issue never start then, na only Boko Haram dey worry that time...

Thank God for life o.

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Bullet01(f): 1:52pm On Sep 24, 2023
I don't eat o. I fast for the journey period
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by olaztek(m): 1:52pm On Sep 24, 2023
I eat bread, akara and beans plus fried egg. Na only fart I go dey release o, shit no dey disturb me.
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by SavageResponse(m): 1:53pm On Sep 24, 2023
CJStarz:
It baffles me how people buy and eat in the bus when traveling,as if dem no chop before they comot for house. Some of dem go dey buy soteey d journey finish.
Let me narrate one terrible experience.
On my way to Kano far back,in a night bus,na so one woman began to vomit and vomit. Wetin happen? Dis woman bought a roasted 'chicken', for Benin when our bus got there, around 11pm.Meself dey see those 'chickens' as vultures o. Few minutes after our bus took off,na so d woman come dey complain to her neighbor say belle dey pain am. Before you know it,na so she come vomit full everywhere. She was fainting o. Na so people dey shout for d driver to stop and look for a hospital. For where? For midnight? D driver no even send anybody.
D woman for die inside the bus but for one aboki for bus wey drop one kind liquid substance in her mouth. Na so d vomiting come stop.

For me o, if e pass banana and groundnut,I no dey buy, even water,na sip I dey sip am until I reach my destination.

The way some people buy and eat everything in sight when travelling is shocking grin

2 Likes

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Tallesty1(m): 1:53pm On Sep 24, 2023
pocohantas:

They should be glad they missed out.
I need more men like that to stay away from love and marriage. Lest my sisters get hurt. grin grin
Folks like him hardly hurt women.

Nah talk they sabi talk

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by tojahh(m): 1:53pm On Sep 24, 2023
I always eat anything and everything available. Even eat on the way if I see what I like because most times I am the one driving when travelling so I stop when I am pressed or something
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by FireUpNow(m): 1:54pm On Sep 24, 2023
Snacks and a bottle of soft drink and water is enough
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by 07kjb: 1:54pm On Sep 24, 2023
Steady action bitters or ODOGWU BITTERS TILL I REACH MY DESTINATION,

TRAVELING ON HIGHNESS IS HEAVEN ON EARTH

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by flokii: 1:55pm On Sep 24, 2023
AllDModsAreMaad:

LoL, your own lokoja to Abuja must be different from the usual lokoja to Abuja wey everybody knows to take a whole 4 hours.

How many hours Abuja to Zaria or Zuba park to Kano go come be?

It depends on vehicle speed actually.. Some don't speed while some speed. It's usually faster getting to Lokoja from Abuja but it just always seems long getting to Abuja from Lokoja.

From Zuba park to Kaduna is about 45 - 50 mins (barely an hour journey) but that road is damn dangerous courtesy of bandits and kidnappers.. When you get to Kaduna, still same road leads to Kano and other states up North like that.
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Tallesty1(m): 1:56pm On Sep 24, 2023
rickleye:

Why would you think that … being involved in an accident! ?
Plus a qualified nurse should not assume but work based on facts.
I think and say the outrageous things.

I know that.

But these things happen.

I don't see how a nurse can obtain facts from an unconscious accident victim.

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Tallesty1(m): 1:56pm On Sep 24, 2023
Samantha124:
I didn't know that injections require one to eat first.

I'm hearing this for the first time... grin grin grin
For real?
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by DrAda(f): 1:58pm On Sep 24, 2023
Nothing because of motion sickness. Instead, i buy bitter kola which does a perfect job of preventing motion sickness

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by SavageResponse(m): 1:58pm On Sep 24, 2023
grandstar:

Back in the late 90s, you travel from Bauchi to Jos which is an hour journey, normally in a Kombi buses

It was at Jos you now get a luxurious bus to Lagos.

Not all buses were luxurious. Some were just big buses. One could also travel with J5 buses. I took any of the 3 depending on how buoyant I was or what was readily available.

Did you ever travel from Jos to Lagos with Adamu Salisu buses or Plateau Riders buses? grin
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by fredoooooo: 2:00pm On Sep 24, 2023
A bottle of water and coca cola..
I stop by at the filling stations to buy whatever I need on the road
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by SweetVibe: 2:01pm On Sep 24, 2023
Sacrosanct12:
the amount of water I take a day fit reach you 2days. Unless I'm extremely pressed. After each meal I dey drink 3 sachet water. Nah bro my kidney are in perfect shape.
How come you drink enough water but only pee once in the morning throughout the day till night?
I think you should check your body system
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by ojun50(m): 2:02pm On Sep 24, 2023
Most times I cook my food, I don’t eat out side in order not to tell the bus driver stop stop I won sheet or pis. If there is no time to cook I prefer to eat rostered plantain or cook corn or bread
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Sucre6: 2:02pm On Sep 24, 2023
I don't eat at home, but I like taking with me a bottle of cashew nut or groundnut or peanuts that I could munch on, then just one bottle of water I rarely drink to avoid taking a piss, then my X1 vodka by my side, that is when I am not driving.
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by samwash(m): 2:02pm On Sep 24, 2023
When I want to embark on a long journey, I avoid food with pepper,& spicy food. I mostly go with soft drink & snacks or water. At every stop over I make sure I urinate.
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by pocohantas(f): 2:03pm On Sep 24, 2023
Tallesty1:
Folks like him hardly hurt women.

Nah talk they sabi talk

If someone keeps telling you he is bad and openly calls his own father a simp for loving his mum, you should take the person serious. But I trust my fellow women. The matyrdom is real. They will try to show him they are different. Later we see threads like, "why do women love bad guys?"
grin grin
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 24, 2023
Where did you hear this from?
Tallesty1:
For real?
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Kestolove(m): 2:03pm On Sep 24, 2023
Snacks
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Odidigboigbo(m): 2:05pm On Sep 24, 2023
bobbiiee:
I can advise on what not to eat from experience. If you have a sensitive tummy like mine. Don't think of eating beans. I ate it in 1995 before traveling to Lagos. By the time I got to Oshodi I could barely walk. When I got to Awoyokun my boxers was soiled. You know the story. Sadly, I was meant to return to school 2 days later. I couldn't because I traveled with one trouser.
Since then I don't eat or drink when traveling.
lol, you de travel de eat beans of all food. I can imagine the gas you were realising during the journey. Those that boarded the bus with you would have suffered

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Sucre6: 2:05pm On Sep 24, 2023
SweetVibe:

How come you drink enough water but only pee once in the morning throughout the day till night?
I think you should check your body system

The whole thing isn't making sense, titration is a must when a liquid is injected into the system, if not, then the body system requires a check, it's abnormal not to take a piss after consuming that amount of liquid
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by pcagbaji(m): 2:06pm On Sep 24, 2023
Cerebellum:
Extremely hard Akpu with sliding.
ogbono and stepped down with
very chilled Monster drink
This strong akpu might cause constipation
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by pcagbaji(m): 2:07pm On Sep 24, 2023
What do you mean by Long distance
Haw far is long distance to you
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Nobaga500(m): 2:10pm On Sep 24, 2023
Well, as for me, before taking-off, i will eat nothing but along the line of the journey, will stop at a place and will buy something and eat maybe rice or snacks and drinks. that may be 6 - 7hrs after the journey has commence.
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Chasito(m): 2:11pm On Sep 24, 2023
I normally take hot tea, with bread and fried eggs .
And I also carry an empty bottle of Eva water along with me Incase I want to urinate, I don't need to disturb the driver.
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by LordErrk: 2:13pm On Sep 24, 2023
Sacrosanct12:
I don't normally eat or drink while traveling, just stay empty and enjoy your journey. I also don't fancy easing myself where I don't feel comfortable, reason why I only take a piss in the morning at home until night again immediately I get back home then multiple times before I go to bed.

Careful o. You're at risk of UTI
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by HopeRisingmatte(m): 2:14pm On Sep 24, 2023
Illegal1:
omoh.........i dey normaly drink codein so dat i fit sleep.

i no lyk noise

Lol. Omoh mi, your monica says it all, Ilegal1, you na illegal fellow. Codeine Man, twale Baba Illegal
Re: Long Distance Travel: What Do You Eat Or Drink Before You Travel? by Omoluabi16(m): 2:20pm On Sep 24, 2023
Coke,bread, sausage rolls or apple are the only things I eat. Can't take chances!
I get irritated when I see people without discipline buying and eating all sorts of spicy food. How person go dey travel interstate come dey buy danqua for traffic?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Travelling To Cotonou For First Timers / Nigerians Stranded In UAE, Neglected By Nigerian Embassy / UK Deports 83 Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.