Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,724 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

Near Death Experience - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Near Death Experience (20161 Views)

My Near Death Experience Yesterday / Share Your Near Death Experience / I Killed This Snake Near My Toilet At Midnight, Help Needed (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Near Death Experience by victorazyvictor(m): 5:54pm On Sep 26, 2023
Bluntguy:

Bro that idiot was salivating over my legs o, while I was busy running my race of a life time o grin can you imagine?

grin
Re: Near Death Experience by nedekid: 6:47pm On Sep 26, 2023
If na this one, I get am plenty in my younger days eg, was staying in a bq on Amina way UI, those BQs that service block of flats. About 7 rooms with bathroom at the end of the side.
Anyway, shortly after I had my bath, rushed into the waiting car to wisk me home. A neighbors pack of goats entered the bathroom to relax in the damp environment. About 6 of them were found dead. All electrocuted.

2 Likes

Re: Near Death Experience by Flows001(m): 7:11pm On Sep 26, 2023
Mine happened in 2008, I was 13years old that year.

So we had a very dangerous river that was a bit far from the area we were staying then, the river was notorious and we used to hear stories of how people were getting drowned in the river.

Despite the scary stories we were told and the several warnings from our parents, myself and my peers always had this longing of wanting to go and explore the deeper part of it, for mere bragging rights.

So there was a day I went there with my elder sister to wash clothes, as she was washing the clothes, she told me to sit and wait for her, but I was very sad and kept begging her to allow me swim, after much begging, she decided to allow me, but she instructed me to only swim around the shallow part so she could monitor me.

I felt disrespected, because the shallow part only had little kids having fun and playing, and I felt it was insulting for me to join them in such shallow part, they were pretty girls around, so I didnt want to be seen as a weakling, also, I could see my peers in the distance having fun in the darker and deeper part of the river.

When my sister became so engrossed with her washing, I cleverly disappeared from the shallow part and headed to where my peers were. I met them playing a game, the game was that someone would throw an object far into the river, and whoever could swim and get that object first and bring back to the rock we all were standing on, was the winner.

The game sounded so interesting so I decided to tag along (despite the fact that I wasn't a really good swimmer).

So I joined the game and the object was thrown very far, as a young guy who wanted to impress my peers and of course the girls watching, I dived into the river without thinking of the consequences, as I did "underground", I managed to raise myself up and I saw a guy also chasing after the object, the said object took the both of us to a danger zone, and when the guy saw that we were about to get into real trouble and we both were already tired, he used me as a support to keep himself afloat, while I kept drinking water, the boy eventually pushed me deeper and escaped for his life, leaving me to my fate..

I drank nearly a drum of water at every attempt to call for help, and I could strangely feel something pulling me deeper into the no go area of the dangerous river, my peers outside were screaming for help but nobody around was bold enough to take such risk by jumping into that part to help me, so I kept drinking water, and I sincerely thought I was already a goner.

To the glory of God, one very tall bros heard the screams from afar, and he rushed to where my peers were standing, he didn't even think of the risk, he just jumped into the river and swam very quickly towards me, thank God he was an experienced swimmer, I had already become so weak and had given up, would have completely be drowned if that bros had wasted any further time ...

He pulled me out and my stomach was full, I became so humble after that incidence, and of course I fell terribly ill afterwards.

From that day till date, even the sight of a swimming pool scares me and reminds me of that experience.

Of course I received proper mending at home for disobedience after I recovered from the trauma.

Today I'm a Lawyer to God's glory, and I really wish I could see that bros that saved my life that day, I for no dey alive if not for God and his swiftness .

3 Likes

Re: Near Death Experience by Love800(m): 7:31pm On Sep 26, 2023
Hmm. So wat will one do when a dog is charging towards someone? Am not sounding rude. Just here to learn.
Silentgroper:
Dogs go for d limb or wrist.. So if u're curled up like dat and still leave those places exposed, u're a goner
Re: Near Death Experience by youngsahito(m): 7:40pm On Sep 26, 2023
Fortune118005:

Which state?
Osun State.
Re: Near Death Experience by damoobaba: 8:16pm On Sep 26, 2023
Bluntguy:
I don't know if I am posting on the right segment, but let me tell my story.
Years ago my sister had a friend whose family had a very wicked German shepherd called Kingo. The dog was always chained in the daytime and unleashed only at night. My sister was always visiting her friend and I never knew she had become friends with Kingo..

One day we came back from school and my sister wanted to go see her friend. I was on my own jeje o. She said I should accompany her and I refused o but she insisted and said that Kingo was in chains. My people na so I take follow my sis go that house. The moment my sister entered that house and I followed, lo and behold I came face to face with Kingo and the idiot came right at me. I turned and ran 100 meters in four seconds. My sister and her friend were calling me not to run but whoosai.

My street was always a very busy street but I forgot and crossed the road without minding if cars were coming. As I was running, Kingo's tongue was touching my legs. After crossing the road I still cannot explain how I managed to jump the big gutter in front of my house without landing inside it. It was after I jumped the gutter that the dog turned from chasing me and returned to their house. I didn't come out of our house for the next few days and didn't even talk to my sister for another one week.

Do you need to be told that I never passed in front of my sister's friend's house until the day they packed out of our street after about a year. I thank God for saving my life that day.

Tell us your near death experience. Happy Sunday everyone!

Mine was a local fowl that just hatched its chicks that year. I was about 4 or 5 years at the time and just came back from school. I stayed with my granny's at the time and was sad when I came back and didnt meet anyone at home. I was crying jejely and walking beside the fowl when it gave me the chase of my life. Nothing an ever make me forget that day in this life.

2 Likes

Re: Near Death Experience by janeedema(f): 9:17pm On Sep 26, 2023
Try join NSPPD Prayer altar. Pastor Jerry Eze. And I know this will pass like a breeze.

quote author=SonofGod231 post=126031441]I'm asthmatic and also have a heart defect,so I've had many near death experience. Just last december before Xmas I was playing b-ball but woke up in the hospital with oxygen mask and nebulizer all over and I no die.[/quote]
Re: Near Death Experience by janeedema(f): 9:23pm On Sep 26, 2023
Woah! Thank God we still have you with us.

quote author=Mode4 post=126031589]When I was 13 years old many years ago, during a school holiday, I went to visit one of my Aunts at my mum's village in Itu, Akwa Ibom state. There is a big river near where she lived. She had gone to the market leaving me and her kids at home. One of her son's asked that we go the river. I had always wanted to visit the river because I wanted to learn how to swim.

When we got to the river, I and my cousins (3 of them) jumped into the water and asked me to wait by the bank of the river since I didn't know how to swim. While I was there, I saw other kids who were younger than me swimming and enjoying themselves. I couldn't resist it and quickly took off clothes and went in with them.

They were throwing this ball and everyone tried to catch it. At first I was at the area close to the bank of the river, then later I started hearing some of the kids calling out "isong eh isong eh" I didn't really know what it meant so I just kept jumping and moving with them shouting "isong eh"

Few seconds, later I couldn't feel the sand under my feet any longer. I tried to swim, no way, I was sinking. I tried to scream but everytime I opened my mouth, I only gulped in water. I then I passed out. I woke up later at the bank of the river hearing people shouting and calling my name "Aniekan, Aniekan"!

Few days later, I was told the harrowing story of how I drowned and how one deaf and dumb guy rescued me and how I almost died if not for the intervention of the people who brought me out and pressed my stomach and put scent leaf in my nostrils. I am over 30 now and i have never gone back to that village. But my mom recently told me that the deaf and dumb guy who rescued me has passed on. I felt very sad because I would have wanted to visit him and give him a gift for saving my life. [/quote]
Re: Near Death Experience by CedarHoldings: 9:49pm On Sep 26, 2023
Samantha124:
My near death experience was when I was hit by a car back in my teenage years while I was walking to school... The school wasn't far from where I lived, just a couple of blocks away.

I was with my best friend and she said something about a car coming, she specifically told me of how the car was moving in some type a way, I even joked about it because we were not even close to the road.

While we were busy walking, the car got out of the road and came to our direction and hit me, my best friend immediately managed to escape... The car continued with its journey after hitting me, everything just happened so fast.

When I finally gained consciousness, I found myself in an ambulance with my mom and my best friend's mom... Scans were done and fortunately, no bones were broken and I didn't have any internal bleeding, I only had scratches here and there... I was discharged on the same day.

When I got home, all family members from all corners had already filled the house as if I was dead or they were told that I was gonna die... grin grin grin... The man who hit me with his car was also there, apparently those other students who saw the accident happening ran after his car and stopped him.... It was discovered that he's partially blind and he claimed that he didn't see or hear anything when he got out the road and hit me with his car.

Since I didn't sustain serious injuries, my family decided that they were only going to make him pay some money instead of getting him arrested and they warned him that if they hear that he's driving again, they're then going to report him to the police because he was partially blind and legally not fit to drive.
SA girl, do cars hit people in SA too?
Re: Near Death Experience by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 26, 2023
They hit people everywhere in the world... undecided undecided undecided
CedarHoldings:
SA girl, do cars hit people in SA too?

1 Like

Re: Near Death Experience by CedarHoldings: 10:31pm On Sep 26, 2023
Samantha124:
They hit people everywhere in the world... undecided undecided undecided
am coming to SA prepare a pork soup for me
Re: Near Death Experience by Nobody: 10:43pm On Sep 26, 2023
I don't even eat pork.

And I've never cooked it before.
CedarHoldings:
am coming to SA prepare a pork soup for me
Re: Near Death Experience by kcbaba007: 11:32pm On Sep 26, 2023
Hahahaha..... Laugh wan kill me here o!
My belle o!
My ribs dey vibrate with lafta....
You just made my day
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Near Death Experience by kcbaba007: 11:36pm On Sep 26, 2023
Bluntguy:

ahnie I sure say dat yeye dog no dey ordinary, if not why e go be dat day wey I go their house e no go dey for chain. Anytime I remember that event praises go dey flow for my mouth throughout that day. grin

Bro.... You too funny

1 Like

Re: Near Death Experience by kcbaba007: 11:44pm On Sep 26, 2023
Abeg, I fit post this your experience on my wall..... E too funny

Bluntguy:
Years ago my sister had a friend whose family had a very wicked German shepherd called Kingo. The dog was always chained in the daytime and unleashed only at night. My sister was always visiting her friend and I never knew she had become friends with Kingo..

One day we came back from school and my sister wanted to go see her friend. I was on my own jeje o. She said I should accompany her and I refused o but she insisted and said that Kingo was in chains. My people na so I take follow my sis go that house. The moment my sister entered that house and I followed, lo and behold I came face to face with Kingo and the idiot came right at me. I turned and ran 100 meters in four seconds. My sister and her friend were calling me not to run but whoosai.

My street was always a very busy street but I forgot and crossed the road without minding if cars were coming. As I was running, Kingo's tongue was touching my legs. After crossing the road I still cannot explain how I managed to jump the big gutter in front of my house without landing inside it. It was after I jumped the gutter that the dog turned from chasing me and returned to their house. I didn't come out of our house for the next few days and didn't even talk to my sister for another one week.

Do you need to be told that I never passed in front of my sister's friend's house until the day they packed out of our street after about a year. I thank God for saving my life that day.

Re: Near Death Experience by hammedroyabat(m): 12:36am On Sep 27, 2023
youngsahito:
Very funny, I remembered a time in the university when we want to do mountainairing with man o war and the red cross. We all went together singling and jaming to rugged song. We got to the mountain side and people started climbing while some that couldn't climb followed another route.
I was forming rugged and a strong guy so I decided to join those climbing the mountain alas! I want just struck in the middle cos I couldn't climb further for the slippery mountain.
I was between the red sea and devil that day because we are above 200ft to the ground and I was thinking that mama and papa don't know that their child is in this kind of dilemma.
To cut the long story short so I guy saw how scared I was so he decided to help me up me that was always scared of height. I thank God and that guy for saving my life cos it won't be funny at all.

I'm sure you schooled in OAU... What year if I may ask ?
Re: Near Death Experience by uzomalahot: 1:03am On Sep 27, 2023
Re: Near Death Experience by SonofGod231: 1:24am On Sep 27, 2023
janeedema:
Try join NSPPD Prayer altar. Pastor Jerry Eze. And I know this will pass like a breeze.

quote author=SonofGod231 post=126031441]I'm asthmatic and also have a heart defect,so I've had many near death experience. Just last december before Xmas I was playing b-ball but woke up in the hospital with oxygen mask and nebulizer all over and I no die.
Alright, Thnx.
Re: Near Death Experience by Bluntguy: 3:59am On Sep 27, 2023
kcbaba007:
Abeg, I fit post this your experience on my wall..... E too funny

Go ahead bro
Re: Near Death Experience by Exceed15: 7:01am On Sep 27, 2023
I went swimming at bar beach in Lagos during festive period. I lost my foot hold and was being taken away by the tide. I knew I was going. I will never forget that day . A good hearted fast swimmer man saw me , dived in and grabbed my hand. May God bless this man and his children wherever he is . Kai his children will not die young.

N:B
When next you are faced with close dog attack- Be brave ,poke your fingers into his eyes or tighten your fist well and hit him hard in the nose.

1 Like

Re: Near Death Experience by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 8:01am On Sep 27, 2023
Mode4:
When I was 13 years old many years ago, during a school holiday, I went to visit one of my Aunts at my mum's village in Itu, Akwa Ibom state. There is a big river near where she lived. She had gone to the market leaving me and her kids at home. One of her son's asked that we go the river. I had always wanted to visit the river because I wanted to learn how to swim.

When we got to the river, I and my cousins (3 of them) jumped into the water and asked me to wait by the bank of the river since I didn't know how to swim. While I was there, I saw other kids who were younger than me swimming and enjoying themselves. I couldn't resist it and quickly took off clothes and went in with them.

They were throwing this ball and everyone tried to catch it. At first I was at the area close to the bank of the river, then later I started hearing some of the kids calling out "isong eh isong eh" I didn't really know what it meant so I just kept jumping and moving with them shouting "isong eh"

Few seconds, later I couldn't feel the sand under my feet any longer. I tried to swim, no way, I was sinking. I tried to scream but everytime I opened my mouth, I only gulped in water. I then I passed out. I woke up later at the bank of the river hearing people shouting and calling my name "Aniekan, Aniekan"!

Few days later, I was told the harrowing story of how I drowned and how one deaf and dumb guy rescued me and how I almost died if not for the intervention of the people who brought me out and pressed my stomach and put scent leaf in my nostrils. I am over 30 now and i have never gone back to that village. But my mom recently told me that the deaf and dumb guy who rescued me has passed on. I felt very sad because I would have wanted to visit him and give him a gift for saving my life.
That dude is ur savior.. U can go home and visit his family.
Pay last homage

1 Like

Re: Near Death Experience by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 8:06am On Sep 27, 2023
Lawship:
Mine happened about 4 years ago, I bought something at the market and forgot to take it home, but when I realized that, it was too late, I had to go to the woman's house to pick it up at the address I got from someone that knows her very well...
So after I entered the compound, I didn't know that they train dogs (bout 6 ekuke) in the compound, so the dogs came up to me as soon as I entered and they just surrounded me in a few seconds and I was very aware that I couldn't win the race if I had to make a move, so I had to hold my ground and was staring at them, some were licking my feet while others jumped on my body, I was just dead at the moment... but as God may have it, the dog owner just came out and saw me with the dogs and how I was fidgeting and came to rescue me...
God only knows why I didn't make a move when I saw them because they would have left me useless
did you get what you went for?
Re: Near Death Experience by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 8:09am On Sep 27, 2023
whichway007:
my death experience goes like this,i was around nine years old,i came back from school very tired and hungry, i then went out to buy something,my niegbour get one provision shop,na so i enter make i buy wetin man pickin go chop,i come see bread half loaf of bread,my niegbour son tell me say make i eat bread,omo na so i divour that bread like tiger,as the boy mama just come inside her shop,na so she begin dey scream,dey call my mother name,she say the bread she put rat poison inside am,na so my mother start to dry cry,omo that day na red oil save my life,because my mothr give almost half gollon of red oil grin grin,
shocked angry grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin cheesy mothers and red oil, instead of to carry you go hospital
Re: Near Death Experience by CedarHoldings: 8:16am On Sep 27, 2023
Samantha124:
I don't even eat pork.

And I've never cooked it before.
ŵow I thought u guys like it alot, which part of SA u live?
Re: Near Death Experience by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 27, 2023
Limpopo/KZN.
CedarHoldings:
ŵow I thought u guys like it alot, which part of SA u live?
Re: Near Death Experience by CedarHoldings: 8:30am On Sep 27, 2023
Samantha124:
Limpopo/KZN.
interesting, there is this Nigeria song title "Limpopo" though old,
Re: Near Death Experience by Nobody: 8:31am On Sep 27, 2023
What does Limpopo mean there?
CedarHoldings:
interesting, there is this Nigeria song title "Limpopo" though old,
Re: Near Death Experience by CedarHoldings: 8:56am On Sep 27, 2023
Samantha124:
What does Limpopo mean there?
I don't even know but it seems the singer got inspiration from SA, then it's a popular song,Google "Limpopo mp3" and listen.
Re: Near Death Experience by Nobody: 9:01am On Sep 27, 2023
Okay... smiley smiley
CedarHoldings:
I don't even know but it seems the singer got inspiration from SA, then it's a popular song,Google "Limpopo mp3" and listen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Near Death Experience by Chris2863(m): 9:04am On Sep 27, 2023
So, what do we do with this rubbish?
Re: Near Death Experience by Nonywendy(m): 10:58am On Sep 27, 2023
Bluntguy:

I was thinking kingo was a lion sef. Ordinary dog u dey call near death experience

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is It Compulsory For The Man To Pay The Bills??? / Nigeria: A Nation Of Wife-beaters? / How Do I Convince My Family To Allow Me Marry An Osu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.