Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,912 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics (33885 Views)

'Lokoja Under Yahaya Bello Is 4th Fastest Growing City In The World' / Nigeria’s revenue-to-GDP ratio lowest in the World – World Bank / Nigeria Is 4th Most At Risk Country For Humanitarian Catastrophe In 2020 — IRC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Lannister360: 10:24am On Sep 27, 2023
EcoBrick:

@stats_feed World of Statistics

You're sick in the Brain for posting this
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Papayaayasager(m): 10:24am On Sep 27, 2023
Snake man propaganda
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by phorget(m): 10:25am On Sep 27, 2023
NOETHNICITY:
Is anyone arguing this with you? I don’t think so. You people like putting up unnecessary arguments where none is relevant just to make your country look bad

My country is BAD unless you want me to pretend it's not. Loyalty doesn't mean I should stop calling a spade a spade,if the country wakes up and start working towards the right direction I will still be here to applaud the progress.

Its high time we stopped pretending bro.
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by olabode100: 10:25am On Sep 27, 2023
THIS GUY IS A BIG LIAR
JUST CHECKED GOOGLE NOW AND IT WAS ALGERIA ON FOURTH POSITION
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Judolisco(m): 10:28am On Sep 27, 2023
pendragonbladgo:
Wow, Nigeria are use to free things....

Imagine paying a school fees in University of 60,000 for Education.
Even 100,000 is still very cheep for quality Education.
u said quality education... We ain't getting quality education for free na.... Go to public secondary and primary schs and see d level of delapitation... I taught in one when I was serving....d education is free but they're not getting educated.... If u want proper education in Nigeria u still have to pay come Abuja or even lagos ask how much dem dey pay for private sec schs.... If not for ASUU d decay in our primary education would have gotten to tertiary education which is still manageable
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by adebayour01: 10:28am On Sep 27, 2023
ThatFairGuy1:
Without sentiment or prejudice, almost everything is free in Nigeria.

There may be poverty which is in every country, but this about Nigeria is a reality.

I'm a proud Nigerian and I'm optimistic Nigeria will be more better in me and those who wishes so lifetime.

God bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria
You are talking RUBBISH my brother. The statistics was using dollar conversion to judge their idea. In US a barber can barb low cut as high as $50. 10 of that can pay his rent ( access to water, internet and other necessities amenities) for a month. Can that happen in Nigeria. In U.K without qualification, just by monitoring people you can conveniently pay your rents and other needs/want and still have savings. Can that happen in Nigeria? Except you are a fraudster. No long talk minimum wage for a months in Nigeria is approximately equivalent to min wage in an hour for another country.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by ThatFairGuy1: 10:29am On Sep 27, 2023
Don't be angry, I'm not against the masses I'm just saying the reality.

How much tax do you pay please?
obi58:

You must be very mad. ..

What exactly is cheap talk less of free in Nigeria?

Is it electricity? Food? Water? Hospitals? School? Housing? Security? Clothing? Gas? Kerosene? TRANSPORTATION?

Which one is free in Nigeria?

As for the statistician who came up with this stat.... Thunder fire him..... Let him come and stay in Nigeria for just 1 month living on Nigeria's minimum wage and then release an updated set of statistics after Nigeria has reset his brain .

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by tuzle(m): 10:29am On Sep 27, 2023
MrPOTUS:

Zombie. undecided

It's cheap for foreigners, when they convert their dollars to naira.

Not to Nigerians.

At the bolded, is it your family that's giving it out for free?
same way if Nigerian go to a country with lower currency rate, it will be cheaper for us. But imagine we going to Egypt and someone is telling us that it will be cheaper

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by ThatFairGuy1: 10:31am On Sep 27, 2023
The monetary value of those countries and Nigeria with this same 30k minimum wage can't be compared.

Don't demonize me, I'm not supporting the situation here but realistic.
U can't compare the taxation there to here
Klington:

Akanbi rag tag, can you take your miserable 30k minimum wage to and live cheap in other countries but they can come here with their minimum wage and live like Kings.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by francotunsco: 10:32am On Sep 27, 2023
Creativity22:

The only reason why this is the case, is because of naira to dollar exchange rate. Is only cheap to foreigners who earn in dollar and other currency

Balderdash!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Greenfusion: 10:32am On Sep 27, 2023
Its may be because the Naira is stupidly useless...u come in with paltry 10,000 dollars and you're big
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by pendragonbladgo(m): 10:33am On Sep 27, 2023
Judolisco:
u said quality education... We ain't getting quality education for free na.... Go to public secondary and primary schs and see d level of delapitation... I taught in one when I was serving....d education is free but they're not getting educated.... If u want proper education in Nigeria u still have to pay come Abuja or even lagos ask how much dem dey pay for private sec schs.... If not for ASUU d decay in our primary education would have gotten to tertiary education which is still manageable
Pay before service 😂😂😂

I dey my work, come catch me....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Blitzerz: 10:34am On Sep 27, 2023
Corn247:
Igbos terrorists will be sad now
What of bandits?

Ozwor
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by famology(m): 10:35am On Sep 27, 2023
God punish una
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by VEHINTOLAR: 10:35am On Sep 27, 2023
Have you ever lived in a country in which an average monthly rent for a room apartment block is over N850k ? You think it's a joke when they tell you that you live in a country like Nigeria in which everything is almost free ? Nigeria only needs to get it right in the area of leadership and the country will become a paradise on earth ! A meal at an inexpensive restaurant in Dallas costs around $15/person while in a mid range restaurant,it costs around $50/person. You can do your Mathematics from that simple analysis. Your discipline has to be a topnotch for an average person to save anything after your never ending expenses/bills.

The truth however is that those countries with high standard of living are still far better than Nigeria,at least for now.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Max24: 10:35am On Sep 27, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Some people "Ghana" is no where to be found on the list.

Government needs to increase minimum wage to like 50-60k.

I can't believe the UK will be ahead of the US undecided
Which Ghana? Ghanians protested last week claiming they can't eat three square meals a day. Meanwhile some Obidients will be using Ghana to compare with Nigeria. The current Ghanian economy is worse than Nigeria's. So what is the impact of Rawlings coup today? Lesson: Coups does not solve a country's economic problems ultimately, it only compounds it.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by francotunsco: 10:35am On Sep 27, 2023
I guess this will explain the resaon why you guys should stop comparing how much they earn per hour in US, Canada and co with what you earn in Nigeria. They actually spend as high as they earn. You want to live in Nigeria and earn what they earn abroad and you are not ready to buy petrol at 1000/per liter, bread at 2k and transport from Lekki to Iyana Oworo at 1,500. You must be joking. Nigeria is really a cheap place to live in. Get it or argue with the keyboard!

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:37am On Sep 27, 2023
phorget:

My country is BAD unless you want me to pretend it's not. Loyalty doesn't mean I should stop calling a spade a spade,if the country wakes up and start working towards the right direction I will still be here to applaud the progress.

Its high time we stopped pretending bro.
The country has its numerous faults, but it still has its advantages in many aspects. To study medicine in Nigeria is almost free when compared to what’s obtainable abroad. In the USA you pay as much as 7000 dollars. I graduated from the University paying almost nothing, yet someone expects me not to be grateful for that and call my country zoo or useless. My country that gave me everything for free. Power (electricity) is almost free in country, yet we expect it to be uninterrupted while still being almost free. Till date some communities in Nigeria still don’t pay for electricity.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Kachidubem: 10:38am On Sep 27, 2023
Nigeria is cheap for those who are coming from outside like UK,US , Canada etc
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by BJanta: 10:42am On Sep 27, 2023
EcoBrick:

@stats_feed World of Statistics

Ę ję jápadà 😉.
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by phorget(m): 10:43am On Sep 27, 2023
NOETHNICITY:
The country has its numerous faults, but it still has its advantages in many aspects. To study medicine in Nigeria is almost free when compared to what’s obtainable abroad. In the USA you pay as much as 7000 dollars. I graduated from the University paying almost nothing, yet someone expects me not to be grateful for that and call my country zoo or useless. My country that gave me everything for free. Power (electricity) is almost free in country, yet we expect it to be uninterrupted while still being almost free. Till date some communities in Nigeria still don’t pay for electricity.

Can you compare how much you earn as a doctor in Nigeria to the earning in the USA? Nigeria is a country where doctors pick a date for the commencement of an indefinite strike action and I'm sure such is not obtainable in the USA.

It's like you buying a car of 2million naira and expecting it to function like a car of 25million, let Nigeria give us avenues to survive and let's see if we wont be able to pay exorbitant bills.

A cheap education that doesn't guarantee a safe future is what you are comparing to others? People are selling their properties to get a better life outside Nigeria and you think they are fools right?

Just dont allow blind patriotism becloud your mentality please. I love Nigeria and I'll want to see her progress but action speaks and not just the word of mouth.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:44am On Sep 27, 2023
Klington:

Akanbi rag tag, can you take your miserable 30k minimum wage to and live cheap in other countries but they can come here with their minimum wage and live like Kings.
You just unknowingly explained yourself that things are cheaper in Nigeria. They can’t use their minimum wage to live like kings in their country, but they can use it to live like kings here. Simple. You hate Nigeria should not blind you from the truth

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Mrniceguy001: 10:46am On Sep 27, 2023
Is it for the citizenry living within or for foreigners coming in? grin

I remembered when my friend came in from Europe.... brought in about 1k euros...omo...see enjoyment — we just dey spend dey a
Dash people tips grin

#GodsavetheNaira.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Splitmind: 10:46am On Sep 27, 2023
RenaissanceGuy:
Very true, but that ended in 2015. Prices of foodstuff which are used as indices to measure cost of living have shot up by as much as 500% since 2015.

Lies! You just want to spoil president Buhari's name with your lies. It will never be well with you liars!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by petluvsu(m): 10:48am On Sep 27, 2023
They want to use these indices to manipulate us. Cheap but hardship everywhere
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Lincton: 10:48am On Sep 27, 2023
Wailers wail like there is nothing good about the country.
God bless Nigeria.
Nigeria will keep on getting better by God's grace.
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by flokii: 10:48am On Sep 27, 2023
What most of those travelling abroad won't tell you is the high cost of living in so called developed countries.. most live in hostels, shared apartments or low cost buildings down town to save costs, some in migrants and IDP camps while in worse cases, some live on the streets out in the cold.
I believe the Stats to be true, Nigeria is a place a determined individual can survive in.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by obi58: 10:49am On Sep 27, 2023
ThatFairGuy1:
Don't be angry, I'm not against the masses I'm just saying the reality.

How much tax do you pay please?

Really....?

In a country where businesses are crumbling on a daily because of multiple taxation from LG to FG?

Are you sure you reside in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by benzion72(m): 10:49am On Sep 27, 2023
Ngelele at work
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Greattha: 10:49am On Sep 27, 2023
They don't get tired of this sh*t. They have to work overtime and extra hard to convince themselves.
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by zeenaman: 10:50am On Sep 27, 2023
All I know is that education is free in Nigeria

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

JTF Arrests Boko Haram Sect Leader Suleiman Mohammed In Kano / EFCC Arraigns Orji Uzor Kalu In Court Today Over Fraud(photos) / Dino Melaye's Certificate: ABU Zaria Makes U-turn, Keeps Mum On Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.