Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,168 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics (33861 Views)

'Lokoja Under Yahaya Bello Is 4th Fastest Growing City In The World' / Nigeria’s revenue-to-GDP ratio lowest in the World – World Bank / Nigeria Is 4th Most At Risk Country For Humanitarian Catastrophe In 2020 β€” IRC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by luckyz4rea(m): 11:21am On Sep 27, 2023
Na statistics we go chop?

Does the statistics translate to what Nigerians are going through on a daily basis? πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by samwash(m): 11:22am On Sep 27, 2023
Carry your Nigeria go one side
I like to live for those countries from 112-139, who nor like better thing.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by shoprite: 11:25am On Sep 27, 2023
Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics

Did anyone else notice how the poverty-stricken nations (mostly in Asia & Africa) took the top spots while the countries with the highest GDP and most respected passports that can access as many as 192 countries on "Visa Free" status chill at the bottom? This life no just balance! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Harrynight(m): 11:26am On Sep 27, 2023
The top 10 cheapest country to live in are ruled by Muslims
Wow, just wow!
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Harrynight(m): 11:27am On Sep 27, 2023
Believe this and you can believe anything
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by porthouse7(f): 11:27am On Sep 27, 2023
Rayban25:
agbado miscreants on the loose again with propaganda. them plenty for twitter wey dey buy verified tick.

Igbo man
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by jojothaiv(m): 11:29am On Sep 27, 2023
Belial06:
The person who wrote this tis suffer tremendously in this life
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Klington: 11:31am On Sep 27, 2023
NOETHNICITY:
You just unknowingly explained yourself that things are cheaper in Nigeria. They can’t use their minimum wage to live like kings in their country, but they can use it to live like kings here. Simple. You hate Nigeria should not blind you from the truth

Can you even hear yourself.

How do you quantify those earning 30k minimum wage in Nigeria if not living from hand to mouth.

Anyway, i am expecting a realistic view from you and your co travellers.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by johnjose68: 11:35am On Sep 27, 2023
EcoBrick:

@stats_feed World of Statistics

Let's hear what the rejected Jews, the products of baby factory, that caused the first civil war and staged the first coup and wake their parent with sliding tackles have to say about this.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Klington: 11:37am On Sep 27, 2023
ThatFairGuy1:
The monetary value of those countries and Nigeria with this same 30k minimum wage can't be compared.

Don't demonize me, I'm not supporting the situation here but realistic.
U can't compare the taxation there to here

You probably have your own definition of "realistic" because i don't know how you will classify those earning a miserable 30k minimum wage as people living cheap and safe life.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by creativehubb: 11:42am On Sep 27, 2023
Dougad:

You don't produce enough to meet local demand, how then do you reduce import?

Poor power supply, high cost of production cos manufacturers spend more due to fuel, bandits scaring workers due to constant attacks.

Any attempt to ban importation without addressing these problems is only going to lead to worse outcomes... No cap
If you look at Nigeria now, we are importing so many unecesary things...in order to save the economy, protectionists policies are brought into play. UK did it,.with Brexit, and embargoes and restriction of goods they import, America does it to curtail China, all countries apply these protectionist policy to protect their economy. We can start from goods that are not necessary. We are wasting too much currency (human and material resources buying dollars), it's a trap. Nigeria must look for partners to trade with, that will accept local currency, this can cover a large portion of our importse, to reduce the dollar threat.

It's a shame, everyday dollar dollar, do we need dollars inside Nigeria, we must stop being lazy, production of these basic things we spent most of our money on is basic things we can't create here, doesn't require rocket science. It's a Shane being a consumer without thinking of producing anything, Abi na coconut water dey your brain?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by femicyrus(m): 11:44am On Sep 27, 2023
This is true as a world statistics but not Nigerian statistics.
Everything in Nigeria now is extremely expensive but anyone anywhere in the world holding $30,000 is a multi millionaire in Nigeria. While
N30,000 per month as salary in Nigeria make you an authentic IDP or a destitute anywhere in the world.
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by nony43(m): 11:46am On Sep 27, 2023
MuMuOnBail:
Na wa ooo

To be frank Nigeria is still cheap to live in. I have been privileged in my life to visit other countries and I know what I spent during my stay.

I even have my hair cut before travelling, because it is very expensive too.

I visited Las Vegas few years ago and Olosho tell me price to knack for one night, I lost erection for almost 1year, price to knack olosho for there pass our Senator monthly Salary.

Hahahahaha. You no well. How much be the price?
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by FireUpNow(m): 11:48am On Sep 27, 2023
Be deceiving us with unconfirmed statistics. Na statistics we go chop? Oga president put things right and forget these business of dishing out hopeless statistics.
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by nekta(m): 11:50am On Sep 27, 2023
Akano5:

You are really funny
very funny indeed ,make him times the 500 times family of 4 then tell me how far ..garri for my area now na 1,500 and you de say you go eat 500 belleful well ? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Oya tell me how you wan see the 5h take buy food or times 4 where you wan see 2k daily take de feed your family ?
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Mosba: 11:54am On Sep 27, 2023
Of course it's to be expected. This is a country where minimum wage is about just $30 per month! Our Japa is because of our tissue paper naira value

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by gabicon: 11:54am On Sep 27, 2023
krib45:
For foreigners not citizens. $1=1050 naira why won't it be cheap. Minimum wage 30k. Can 30k take care of your feeding alone? Try and use your brain b4 dropping yeye statistics

Economy is simply buying and selling, if you keep on buying without selling you are going to run out of money, if you keep selling without buying you are going to have a lot of cash in your reserve. The dollar will keep going up as long as we keep buying and not selling, to be honest it's not entirely the fault of any government, the citizens also ought to produce things they can sell.

Minimum wage also is a factor of productivity, if you increase it without increasing production, it ends up as inflation.

Nigerians can't eat their cake and have it, we can't want low cost of living, subsidy, low Forex rate , low taxes without poverty, no productivity, insecurity etc. They go hand in hand

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by ufotunang: 12:01pm On Sep 27, 2023
ThatFairGuy1:
Without sentiment or prejudice, almost everything is free in Nigeria.

There may be poverty which is in every country, but this about Nigeria is a reality.

I'm a proud Nigerian and I'm optimistic Nigeria will be more better in me and those who wishes so lifetime.

God bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria
..it's not that Nigeria is not cheap to live...but the naira has no value, high rate of unemployment, bussinesses struggling to survive the hard economy, 1000 naira to a dollar, lack of local government autonomy which leads to no development in the rural areas which put people there in poverty hunger hardship, corruption, lack of constant power supply, high costs of fuel, disel putting nigerians in hardship

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by 07kjb: 12:10pm On Sep 27, 2023
Hahaha idiots at a paint of beans at 3k,I pity NIGERIANS
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by abiolatunji: 12:14pm On Sep 27, 2023
For Sales kindly contact 08053523256

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Meerahbel: 12:19pm On Sep 27, 2023
RenaissanceGuy:
Very true, but that ended in 2015. Prices of foodstuff which are used as indices to measure cost of living have shot up by as much as 500% since 2015.
Semo is 1000 for 1kg
Derica of rice 900 Naira
Indomie Table 150 naira
Fish has gone up the roof Shawa is 700 for just one piece what we used to buy for 3 200 in 2015
Unfortunately in Nigeria whatever goes up doesn't come down

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Meerahbel: 12:19pm On Sep 27, 2023
abiolatunji:
For Sales kindly contact 08053523256
What the location? And how much?
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by ExudeLoveToAll: 12:20pm On Sep 27, 2023
MuMuOnBail:
Na wa ooo

To be frank Nigeria is still cheap to live in. I have been privileged in my life to visit other countries and I know what I spent during my stay.

I visited Las Vegas few years ago and Olosho tell me price to knack for one night, I lost erection for almost 1year, price to knack olosho for there pass our Senator monthly Salary.

The problem with Nigeria is that enough people can't generate income in the country in order for them to see the cheap part of Nigeria. Only those who earn minimum of 1K dollars in Naira equivalent will attest to this. Unfortunately they are not up to 5percent of the population according to NBS statistics.

Most Nigerians earn in 5 digits , they wont agree with you because the minimum wage cant take them through a month. The winners are the high income earners in the country.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Meerahbel: 12:21pm On Sep 27, 2023
Klington:

You probably have your own definition of "realistic" because i don't know how you will classify those earning a miserable 30k minimum wage as people living cheap and safe life.
They are undermining the organization by earning such
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 12:22pm On Sep 27, 2023
krib45:
For foreigners not citizens. $1=1050 naira why won't it be cheap. Minimum wage 30k. Can 30k take care of your feeding alone? Try and use your brain b4 dropping yeye statistics
$1 is also 1400 Won but South Korea is at the bottom. This isn't about the exchange rate.
People literally end up in life long student debts just to finance their school fees there.
Irrespective of the exchange rate,things are objectively cheap in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by DaCharis2016: 12:23pm On Sep 27, 2023
But they have forgotten that Nigerias minimum wage or salary is cheapest too.
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by planetx: 12:27pm On Sep 27, 2023
Very cheap if you are visiting with $€£ etc or living in Nigeria earning $€£ remotely, in fact you will live like a king. Country that you can eat a full meal for $3, same exact food is like almost $30 in the US, what you pay in rent in one month in the US is your yearly rent in Nigeria even the house in Nigeria will be bigger and better and in a nicer area.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by planetx: 12:32pm On Sep 27, 2023
MuMuOnBail:
Na wa ooo

90% of Nigerian men both married or single coming into Nigeria daily from the US are primarily visiting to come and knack, any other reason is secondary.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Miracle2020: 12:36pm On Sep 27, 2023
jaeyking:
With the kind hardship wey dey now
Abi
I no understand all these statistics

Looking at the trend
You will notice that richer countries with high human development index and GDP are the most expensive to live in

They get value for their money

I feel reverse is the case in Nigeria
they must bring their useless statistics so that they can decieve their foolish followers that Tinubu is working.
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Creativity22: 12:39pm On Sep 27, 2023
francotunsco:

Balderdash!
Ode!!!
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by zionstaar75: 12:39pm On Sep 27, 2023
krib45:
if u go to ordinary Ghana here u go understand, I ate breakfast 32k for the hotel wey I stay.all u locals that have never stepped out of Nigeria likes amplifying your ignorance. I wanted to buy meatpie at the airport on conversation it was 5k,I took of straight!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Miracle2020: 12:42pm On Sep 27, 2023
If I am paid 2 million and garri is 500 for mudu, will I complain? No!
But if iam paid 30k and garri is 50 naira won't I complain?
The rubbish political statistics is for the fools that believe them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pictures From Buhari's Campaign Rally In Imo / Pictures Of Ongoing Road Construction At Ochefu Road Aba / Fani-Kayode & His Wife Receive Gbenga Daniel In Their Home (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.