Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,791 members, 7,824,289 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics (33915 Views)

'Lokoja Under Yahaya Bello Is 4th Fastest Growing City In The World' / Nigeria’s revenue-to-GDP ratio lowest in the World – World Bank / Nigeria Is 4th Most At Risk Country For Humanitarian Catastrophe In 2020 — IRC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by NOwazobia: 10:50am On Sep 27, 2023
Also has the cheapest minimum wage.

now make it make sense.
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by obi58: 10:51am On Sep 27, 2023
Judolisco:
no bro.... It's value for money... Give someone 1k here and d person might not even thank you.... Give another person in d us 1k or even 500 usd and they person might start crying that might be their 1 month salary

Bros Google minimum wage US monthly... You will see $1,160. Meanwhile minimum wage Nigeria is N30k. Do you now understand why N1k in Nigeria is worthless compared to $1k in the US?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by 89green: 10:52am On Sep 27, 2023
MrPOTUS:

Zombie. undecided

It's cheap for foreigners, when they convert their dollars to naira.

Not to Nigerians.

At the bolded, is it your family that's giving it out for free?

That guy you quoted is a real zombie.
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by NOwazobia: 10:52am On Sep 27, 2023
ThatFairGuy1:
Without sentiment or prejudice, almost everything is free in Nigeria.

There may be poverty which is in every country, but this about Nigeria is a reality.

I'm a proud Nigerian and I'm optimistic Nigeria will be more better in me and those who wishes so lifetime.

God bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria
This is what happen when you have your brain under your leg. undecided
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by MT: 10:53am On Sep 27, 2023
jaeyking:
With the kind hardship wey dey now
Abi
I no understand all these statistics

Looking at the trend
You will notice that richer countries with high human development index and GDP are the most expensive to live in

They get value for their money

I feel reverse is the case in Nigeria

Your submission was contradictory. For a place to be expensive does not translate to getting value for money. Each country pays according to the inflation rate in that country. If Nigeria pays the wages as currently obtainable in the UK, for instance, inflation will kill Nigerians. If UK pays the wages as obtainable in Nigeria, they will die of penury.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Judolisco(m): 10:54am On Sep 27, 2023
obi58:

Bros Google minimum wage US monthly... You will see $1,160. Meanwhile minimum wage Nigeria is N30k. Do you now understand why N1k in Nigeria is worthless compared to $1k in the US?
I'm not talking about minimum wage... I'm talking about value... U said 1k naira in Nigeria is like 1k dollars in d US right?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by mfm04622: 10:56am On Sep 27, 2023
Did anybody notice something?

The countries we see as "developed" and want to japa to expensive to live in! While countries we don't fancy are cheap to live in!

My theory is that cheap countries are cheap because they have poor infrastructure. They sacrificed growth and good standard of living for cheap standard of living!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by WesKiz: 10:56am On Sep 27, 2023
I was looking for Ghana abi na Ghana expensive pass ni
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Swiftgrp: 10:58am On Sep 27, 2023
EcoBrick:

@stats_feed World of Statistics
Developed countries have a culture of demanding heavy taxes from their citizens. Period.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by stanbright(m): 10:59am On Sep 27, 2023
Corn247:
Igbos terrorists will be sad now
You are just a fool
Even with the suffering in Nigeria you are calling IPOB.Sometimes you I feel you guys are just wicked
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by tctrills: 10:59am On Sep 27, 2023
Corn247:
You really think this is cause for celebration when everyone around you is starving.
If you understood the data, you would notice that all the cheap countries are some of the poorest countries in the world.
The cheapest places happen to be the poorest places too.
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by JetApartment: 11:00am On Sep 27, 2023
EcoBrick:

And the best country to do business, mugus...tell that to visibly hungry Nigerians.

Propaganda cannot fly when the people are impoverished daily, Dollar is over 1k and you are yapping nonsense.

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Dougad: 11:00am On Sep 27, 2023
creativehubb:
That's what I always say. We spend naira in Nigeria, not dollars. Calculate how much you keep, after removing everyday bills and expenditures, this nominal figure, after paying bills, buying food, doing things that aids your living and good wellbeing, after deducting all these, the remainder is what you are getting.

Most of what we use in our day to day life here is imported and the dollar rate has a very high impact on our overall cost of living.

So all this crap of we spend in naira not dollar na pure nonsense.
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by fk002: 11:01am On Sep 27, 2023
Yes for those earning in dollars or foreigners.

Is same in every 3rd world poor countries
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by ugofab11(m): 11:03am On Sep 27, 2023
APC propaganda statistics Ifihear@yahoo.com
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by creativehubb: 11:03am On Sep 27, 2023
Dougad:

Most of what we use in our day to day life here is imported and the dollar rate has a very high impact on our overall cost of living.

So all this crap of we spend in naira not dollar na pure nonsense.
Reduction of import, by government policy, to save our economy is critical!

Nigeria must buy from trade partners that we can agree to pay each other with our own currency, it's quite dumb scrambling for dollars like this. BRICS nations don't need dollars to trade with each other. President Tinubu must look for trade partners, and form organisations with them. It's not by force to buy dollars.
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Enigmatic95(m): 11:03am On Sep 27, 2023
In Tinubu's voice "Na statistics we go chop".

Make dem leave statistics jare, people are tired of this government.
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by paskal16: 11:07am On Sep 27, 2023
Corn247:
same poverty wey make your yoruba mothers and youth dey hustle paliatives for Ibadan ?
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by JetApartment: 11:08am On Sep 27, 2023
EcoBrick:

ThatFairGuy1:

There may be poverty which is in every country, but this about Nigeria is a reality.

I'm a proud Nigerian and I'm optimistic Nigeria will be more better in me and those who wishes so lifetime.

Oyinbo write statistics, Agbadorian wey hunger wan kill for street dey celebrate...clowns.

Hunger will reset your brain so much that you wont search for statistics again...under a Yoruba man dollar hit 1k, never in the history of Nigeria have that happened, instead of you to wake up to reality na propaganda una dey search for...clowns.

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Greatness09: 11:09am On Sep 27, 2023
Who is putting this rubbish here and nonsense propaganda post nonsense and ingredients!!!!

Cheap kill you there
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Maj196(m): 11:09am On Sep 27, 2023
Notice the cheapest countries have something in common and the least cheapest also have something in common. Something isn't right
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Khyrvxjzy: 11:10am On Sep 27, 2023
ThatFairGuy1:

bro believe me that is the main reason for out poverty because everything is cheap

God bless tinubu, he will make life so difficult for us
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Faposky95: 11:12am On Sep 27, 2023
It isn't cheap for sane people ....

Mad people index
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by obi58: 11:13am On Sep 27, 2023
Judolisco:
I'm not talking about minimum wage... I'm talking about value... U said 1k naira in Nigeria is like 1k dollars in d US right?

Please read what I wrote again....

Don't misquote me.
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Donaldoni: 11:14am On Sep 27, 2023
True!

Only pained pigs........ will fault this.

Pathetic sore losers!!
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Ikaeniyan0: 11:14am On Sep 27, 2023
Max24:

Which Ghana? Ghanians protested last week claiming they can't eat three square meals a day. Meanwhile some Obidients will be using Ghana to compare with Nigeria. The current Ghanian economy is worse than Nigeria's. So what is the impact of Rawlings coup today? Lesson: Coups does not solve a country's economic problems ultimately, it only compounds it.
Coups is one of the reason Nigeria is this backward. Ghana economy have never been better than that of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Draslo(m): 11:15am On Sep 27, 2023
krib45:
For foreigners not citizens. $1=1050 naira why won't it be cheap. Minimum wage 30k. Can 30k take care of your feeding alone? Try and use your brain b4 dropping yeye statistics
The stat was dropped for an international audience not just Nigerians. Try to manage your vawulence

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by RealEmilokan: 11:16am On Sep 27, 2023
Lol... The kind of news Agbado people masturbate on. Emilokan sha!
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Picardor2: 11:17am On Sep 27, 2023
EcoBrick:

Imagine what bat has reduced himself to. Cheap propaganda.
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:18am On Sep 27, 2023
phorget:

Can you compare how much you earn as a doctor in Nigeria to the earning in the USA? Nigeria is a country where doctors pick a date for the commencement of an indefinite strike action and I'm sure such is not obtainable in the USA.

It's like you buying a car of 2million naira and expecting it to function like a car of 25million, let Nigeria give us avenues to survive and let's see if we wont be able to pay exorbitant bills.

A cheap education that doesn't guarantee a safe future is what you are comparing to others? People are selling their properties to get a better life outside Nigeria and you think they are fools right?

Just dont allow blind patriotism becloud your mentality please. I love Nigeria and I'll want to see her progress but action speaks and not just the word of mouth.
There is no country in the world where workers are 100% satisfied,

The US and the Uk are no exception
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-66674058.amp

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/22/us/new-york-city-hospital-residents-strike

But their pay is far better than ours

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Dougad: 11:18am On Sep 27, 2023
creativehubb:

Reduction of import, by government policy, to save our economy is critical!

Nigeria must buy from trade partners that we can agree to pay each other with our own currency, it's quite dumb scrambling for dollars like this. BRICS nations don't need dollars to trade with each other. President Tinubu must look for trade partners, and form organisations with them. It's not by force to buy dollars.

You don't produce enough to meet local demand, how then do you reduce import?

Poor power supply, high cost of production cos manufacturers spend more due to fuel, bandits scaring workers due to constant attacks.

Any attempt to ban importation without addressing these problems is only going to lead to worse outcomes... No cap
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by royalnose: 11:21am On Sep 27, 2023
APC stastitics

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

2019: Youths Commence Moves To Unseat Buhari - The Nation / Pressure On Peter Obi To Run As Vice To Atiku In 2027 - NationalDaily / Atewe Gave N35m To Winners’ Chapel – Witness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.