Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,907 members, 7,814,068 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics (33868 Views)

'Lokoja Under Yahaya Bello Is 4th Fastest Growing City In The World' / Nigeria’s revenue-to-GDP ratio lowest in the World – World Bank / Nigeria Is 4th Most At Risk Country For Humanitarian Catastrophe In 2020 — IRC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Fearlez: 12:43pm On Sep 27, 2023
EcoBrick:

@stats_feed World of Statistics
no source and no link.

Devil's messenger.

A president that organised fake bishops and fake certificate will organise media propaganda.

Worst government in history
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by uzomalahot: 12:47pm On Sep 27, 2023
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Miracle2020: 12:48pm On Sep 27, 2023
ThatFairGuy1:
Without sentiment or prejudice, almost everything is free in Nigeria.

There may be poverty which is in every country, but this about Nigeria is a reality.

I'm a proud Nigerian and I'm optimistic Nigeria will be more better in me and those who wishes so lifetime.

God bless The Federal Republic of Nigeria
you have no sense at all. So a bag of rice at 50k is free abi? How much are you learning? What is the value of your currency.
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 27, 2023
EcoBrick:

Just like MTN, Pablo Escobat's people are everywhere you go. From rigging elections now to statistics.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by quickly: 1:01pm On Sep 27, 2023
One of the cheapest things in Nigeria is education but ppl in Nigeria will not believe that

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Ofemmanu1: 1:07pm On Sep 27, 2023
Corn247:
Igbos terrorists will be sad now

They always want Nigeria to carry first for Bad things Stats.

Now that we are NO 4 on Cheap Living, IPOB people go vex and Kee themselves just to taunt Tinubu.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by krib45: 1:10pm On Sep 27, 2023
BeLookingIDIOT:

$1 is also 1400 Won but South Korea is at the bottom. This isn't about the exchange rate.
People literally end up in life long student debts just to finance their school fees there.
Irrespective of the exchange rate,things are objectively cheap in Nigeria.
This minimum wage is also less than $30?
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Femmyfamous4u(m): 1:14pm On Sep 27, 2023
jaeyking:
With the kind hardship wey dey now
Abi
I no understand all these statistics

Looking at the trend
You will notice that richer countries with high human development index and GDP are the most expensive to live in

They get value for their money

I feel reverse is the case in Nigeria

It's because you don't know what's obtainable elsewhere. All we need currently is to have increased income for both corporate and artisanal individuals.
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by krib45: 1:16pm On Sep 27, 2023
zionstaar75:
if u go to ordinary Ghana here u go understand, I ate breakfast 32k for the hotel wey I stay.all u locals that have never stepped out of Nigeria likes amplifying your ignorance. I wanted to buy meatpie at the airport on conversation it was 5k,I took of straight!
nternational tourist that has compression problem. Well done
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by creativehubb: 1:18pm On Sep 27, 2023
krib45:
For foreigners not citizens. $1=1050 naira why won't it be cheap. Minimum wage 30k. Can 30k take care of your feeding alone? Try and use your brain b4 dropping yeye statistics
We need to stop importation of things we can produce, and stop flaunting dollars...we use naira, why the craze for dollars?
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by bjcole(m): 1:24pm On Sep 27, 2023
Where is the link. This is not true.
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by lawani: 1:33pm On Sep 27, 2023
How can any west African country with low GDP per Capita have a higher cost of living than Nigeria? All countries with lower GDP per Capita than Nigeria are cheaper to live in than Nigeria especially if average age is the same. It includes more or less all west African countries. Ethiopia, Haiti, North Korea, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Afghanistan Zimbabwe and many others but Nigeria is harder to live in because of power blackouts and more inflation. West African cities without Nigeria is closer to South America or Eastern Europe if not because of population explosion resulting in high dependency ratio and hence low per Capita income. No country with 3000 dollars per Capita income is poor

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Stephench: 1:34pm On Sep 27, 2023
This used to be true. But since 2015, it's no longer true. I live in the EU I just arrived Nigeria not long ago. Apart from rent,almost everything other things are very close. Food is now cheaper in the EU than Nigeria and the EU - which represent most of the developed world is known to be very expensive
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by falopey: 1:35pm On Sep 27, 2023
jaeyking:
Abi

Looking at the trend
You will notice that richer countries with high human development index and GDP are the most expensive to live in

The metric for that statistic in my opinion is how far dollar goes in your country. In other words, the cheapest countries to live for those that earn in dollar. The richer countries are not cheap to live because dollar can not do so much over there compared to what it can do in poor countries
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by sprints1: 1:36pm On Sep 27, 2023
This is so true with $1000 you can get a sound and quality apartment for year anywhere in Nigeria for a year... so cheap common dirty congested 2 bedroom for nonsense Ukraine na $300 per month
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by UnemployedGradu: 1:36pm On Sep 27, 2023
MuMuOnBail:
Na wa ooo

To be frank Nigeria is still cheap to live in. I have been privileged in my life to visit other countries and I know what I spent during my stay.

I even have my hair cut before travelling, because it is very expensive too.

I visited Las Vegas few years ago and Olosho tell me price to knack for one night, I lost erection for almost 1year, price to knack olosho for there pass our Senator monthly Salary.

Be saying the truth. How much did the olosho tell you?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by chiboycue: 1:43pm On Sep 27, 2023
EcoBrick:

This information is not from a reliable source. Please ignore.
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 1:47pm On Sep 27, 2023
MadamExcellency:
This data is old and is no longer reliable.

Everything just changed since 29th May, 2023.

People now sleep by 7pm because they can't afford electricity.

Most has packed their cars.

Minimum wage is now equivalent to $18 per month instead of per hour that's obtainable in some countries.
The minimum wage is inhuman
A crime against humanity

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Segzy19: 1:48pm On Sep 27, 2023
They owner of this statistics was talking from his own perspective....
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Burruchaga71(m): 2:10pm On Sep 27, 2023
Remove South Africa there b4 I get angry with you
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by ChiefS(m): 2:14pm On Sep 27, 2023
Things are not so expensive in Nigeria compared to other countries. The main problem is very poor salaries and weak currency. The politicians embezzle our money and pay us peanuts.

jaeyking:
Abi

Looking at the trend

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Coronavirus1: 2:23pm On Sep 27, 2023
EcoBrick:

For the first time I will agree with this list because I have lived in 3 among the countries listed.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by planetx: 2:27pm On Sep 27, 2023
Stephench:
This used to be true. But since 2015, it's no longer true. I live in the EU I just arrived Nigeria not long ago. Apart from rent,almost everything other things are very close. Food is now cheaper in the EU than Nigeria and the EU - which represent most of the developed world is known to be very expensive
How can food be cheaper in the EU than Nigeria, what kind of food are you talking about. Is it restaurant food or raw food, with 2 or 3 euros you can eat a good meal in a restaurant in Nigeria where in the EU can you eat a 2 or 3 euro food in a restaurant.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by mbaise1000: 2:34pm On Sep 27, 2023
Corn247:
Igbos terrorists will be sad now

You mean sad that the cost of living is cheap in nigeria?
I don't really understand why you made that statement, can you explain more to me please?
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by melodyogonna(m): 2:40pm On Sep 27, 2023
jaeyking:
Abi

Looking at the trend

Try get some dollars so you fit understand the list
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by emonis88: 2:44pm On Sep 27, 2023
Propaganda propaganda, my people, my people. Naira that has lost some much value soon we go dey use wheelbarrow carry money to go buy any imported product or any product weh d raw materials is imported.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:49pm On Sep 27, 2023
ChiefS:

Things are not so expensive in Nigeria compared to other countries. The main problem is very poor salaries and weak currency. The politicians embezzle our money and pay us peanuts.

This is an anomaly

It is not supposed to be

I don't know if it is only in Nigeria that democratically elected leaders order the treasury vaults to be opened for them to pack the funds there in a crude barbaric manner for their personal use?

Does it happens in other places too?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by lawani: 2:54pm On Sep 27, 2023
planetx:
How can food be cheaper in the EU than Nigeria, what kind of food are you talking about. Is it restaurant food or raw food, with 2 or 3 euros you can eat a good meal in a restaurant in Nigeria where in the EU can you eat a 2 or 3 euro food in a restaurant.

Rent and services which makes up the majority of any economy is more than ten times more expensive in high income countries but raw food and manufactured goods cost essentially the same but only because of subsidy to farmers in high income countries Is raw food the same cost otherwise imported food can dominate their market and our own food may be more expensive as well because of their demand. Their demand is why crude oil is expensive. If our cost of living were the same then crude oil will crash to like seven dollar per barrel and petrol will become like sixty naira per liter in Nigeria but that can not happen until Enoch Adeboye is killed for the seven people he has killed including one of my friends John Audu of Eke Avrugo Kogi state who refused his mouth watering offer to him to assassinate me for seeking change in Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by UnabashedIPOB: 2:58pm On Sep 27, 2023
What difference does it make that Liegeria is the cheapest country when you do NOT have a job or any source of income? This is a country with the majority of its population is either unemployed or severely underemployed. But I do NOT believe that otherwise ask the citizens who are starving on a daily basis thus leading to suicide on a daily basis.
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Stephench: 3:18pm On Sep 27, 2023
planetx:
Who is talking about buying in the restaurant? Foodstuffs, edibles for cooking at home.

The only foodstuffs more expensive in the EU than Nigeria are Nigerian imported foodstuffs. I cook with mostly Nigerian foodstuffs and I use mostly Nigerian beverages that's why I always spend higher than the average Nigerian here - otherwise things are really cheap.
Re: Nigeria Is 4th Cheapest Country To Live In The World - World Of Statistics by Snakedoctor1: 3:29pm On Sep 27, 2023
EcoBrick:

Monaco is costlier than Switzerland

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photos: Ekiti Residents Line Up To Collect "Stomach Infrstructure" Easter Rice / Sallah; Buruji Kashamu Hosts Large Crowd Of Constituents In His Mansion. Photos / Okowa's Advert Celebrating Ibori's 58th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.