Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,978 members, 7,828,464 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains (18190 Views)

FG Now Paying More For Subsidy, But many Nigerians Don't Know - El-Rufai / FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians / Coronavirus: Atiku Asks FG To Pay N10,000 To Each Household, As He Donates N50M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by Cantonese: 5:57pm On Sep 27, 2023
Obaofaba:

Listen to yourself again, you said they only asked the government where is the money.

You want the government to answer that foolish question?

The president has already said the country has now saved one trillion naira, what else do you want?

The truth is, they want their demands met which is not possible without reviewing the budget.

So?

“ In the lieu of the above, I implore every sane Nigerians to be patient and only criticise when the budget is not well implemented”.

Those are exactly your words.

May I remind you now that those same words were applied by APC and supporters for eight years with Buhari as the President and Tinubu as the national leader of the party? Those eight years saw Nigerias enter into new realms of poverty and misery.

Now we are told that 1 trillion has been saved. Exactly what should Nigerians be expecting? Simply put; Nigerians want food on their table at affordable prices. Nigerians want security. Nigerians want peace.

Why do these requirements continue to elude Nigerians? Can you throw some light please?

2 Likes

Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by Ikpunnegi01: 5:58pm On Sep 27, 2023
Sorry for and to those hoping to get anything better from the criminal in aso rock. Sorry! E go shock una and una go manage use shock absorber because E go loud!

1 Like

Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by Jostoman: 6:03pm On Sep 27, 2023
Obaofaba:
After all, obidients Messiah didn't do anything in Anambra state for 8 years.

He claimed to have saved the money in the bank which he has interest and invested the rest in Hero Beer which later worth next to nothing.

So Mr Osifo shouldn't be apprehensive, president Bola Ahmed Tinubu GCFR is not and will always be different from the Pandora.

Nigeria is in a safe hands.
your Bat said jonathan subsidy removal is a scam but he himself is enjoying the scam now. grin
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by Nature33: 6:05pm On Sep 27, 2023
Tinubu & all apc supporters should stop smoking expired weed.

1 Like

Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by Chetas81(m): 6:11pm On Sep 27, 2023
Chizaam2008:
Dem go ask taya ke!
Money is used to buy justice all over the world. cheesy
stop mocking us lol
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by Jagabanarmy: 6:13pm On Sep 27, 2023
AntiTerrorist:
How do you know? Do you have evidence for this? Do you mean gains from subsidy removal is saved inside supplementary budget? grin
Nope! But it will capture government next expenses as regards to palliatives to workers and other palliatives expenses to cushion the effect of subsidy removal. All these will be capture in the supplementary budget. NLC and TUC should relax and wait for the announcement
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by NAC1666: 6:14pm On Sep 27, 2023
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by transient123(m): 6:16pm On Sep 27, 2023
Government should be held accountable always.
But, calling for account require being smart and well grounded too, else, they will tell you tales and that will be the end.

However, if we are to judge by the previous govt, subsidy were being incurred on credit, more like borrowing to pay subsidy, that seems to be a thing of the past, more so, this govt has said times without number that they won't be borrowing to do anything..... that's a ground to say subsidy payment will be used for other govt expenses.

What we need to be asking is, what measures are in place to save the economy and how much are being spent on ongoing contracts......holding them by the jugular, we shouldn't leave them alone.....every kobo must be accounted for, no need going to sleep as usual after elections, election tribunals and redress...
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by Obaofaba: 6:33pm On Sep 27, 2023
Cantonese:

“ In the lieu of the above, I implore every sane Nigerians to be patient and only criticise when the budget is not well implemented”.

Those are exactly your words.

May I remind you now that those same words were applied by APC and supporters for eight years with Buhari as the President and Tinubu as the national leader of the party? Those eight years saw Nigerias enter into new realms of poverty and misery.

Now we are told that 1 trillion has been saved. Exactly what should Nigerians be expecting? Simply put; Nigerians want food on their table at affordable prices. Nigerians want security. Nigerians want peace.

Why do these requirements continue to elude Nigerians? Can you throw some light please?

I am not the president but no president can fix his country in three months.
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by Gajagojo: 6:38pm On Sep 27, 2023
Here is the simple truth
The subsidy money does not belong to the federal government
It also belongs to the states and LGAs
By law it should be shared including 13% for derivation
Sharing that money right now will cause problems
Ideally it should go to paying debts which are overwhelming

Do we realise government even owes NNPC like 4 months subsidy that still has to be paid

Buhari do us something and Tinubu cannot talk

1 Like

Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by ajitoyo: 6:39pm On Sep 27, 2023
Are you listening to yourself at all? Where is the saving you claimed you made. You don't need to defend anything, just show prove and move on.
Obaofaba:

Listen to yourself again, you said they only asked the government where is the money.

You want the government to answer that foolish question?

The president has already said the country has now saved one trillion naira, what else do you want?

The truth is, they want their demands met which is not possible without reviewing the budget.

So?
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by Funkyswagzz(m): 6:40pm On Sep 27, 2023
Obaofaba:
Wait for supplementary budget.

Let's not deceive ourselves, the government is now richer than before but no expenses can be made outside the budget.

In the lieu of the above, I implore every sane Nigerians to be patient and only criticise when the budget is not well implemented.

Moreover, everyone is not a member of both TUC and NLC, what happens to ordinary people on the street if only your demands are met?

I call on the president and the national assembly to FasTrack the passage of the supplementary budget into law.

But the TUC and NLC should not bully the president to act only on their damand without due process being followed.

If I were the president, I will dare you to go on your so called indefinite strike, I will start by not paying your salaries for this month and get you sacked with your replacements waiting on the wing.

Idiots.

Bros you are the only one defending tinubu here.. cant u understand u r missing something? No one is here to back u up

1 Like

Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by maivd: 6:47pm On Sep 27, 2023
Obaofaba:

Let's not deceive ourselves, the government is now richer than before but no expenses can be made outside the budget.

In the lieu of the above, I implore every sane Nigerians to be patient and only criticise when the budget is not well implemented.

Moreover, everyone is not a member of both TUC and NLC, what happens to ordinary people on the street if only your demands are met?

I call on the president and the national assembly to FasTrack the passage of the supplementary budget into law.

But the TUC and NLC should not bully the president to act only on their damand without due process being followed.

If I were the president, I will dare you to go on your so called indefinite strike, I will start by not paying your salaries for this month and get you sacked with your replacements waiting on the wing.

Idiots.
You are simply shameless. They asked for money saved but instead you started a narrative that leads nowhere. Are you dumb or dull?
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by oyeb15: 6:52pm On Sep 27, 2023
Stolen
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by emmanuelbrown26: 7:11pm On Sep 27, 2023
Obaofaba:

Idiots.
Typical yoruba man, lousy mouth, when d real fight start, una go dey hide under Iya bedroom
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by Emmy000seun(m): 7:21pm On Sep 27, 2023
E go don use the money take drugs now 😂😛😜
SpecialAdviser:
When a drug lord promise to save your money

1 Like

Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by SpecialAdviser(m): 7:24pm On Sep 27, 2023
Emmy000seun:
E go don use the money take drugs now 😂😛😜
🤣🤣🤣
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by Jughead29: 7:25pm On Sep 27, 2023
Oh God, make una leave Tinubu make him breathe na 😂 😂
LET THE PRESIDENT BREATHE 😂 😂

1 Like

Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by figment232(m): 7:26pm On Sep 27, 2023
Obaofaba:

Idiots.
u re the idiots
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by Reelz: 7:27pm On Sep 27, 2023
I told us that the money they claimed to save will not be used for any tangible thing.. watch n see..
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by Obaofaba: 7:28pm On Sep 27, 2023
Funkyswagzz:

Bros you are the only one defending tinubu here.. cant u understand u r missing something? No one is here to back u up

Vocal minorities can't outshine the overwhelming silent majorities.

I won't support evil even if the whole world does.
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by Obaofaba: 7:31pm On Sep 27, 2023
figment232:
u re the idiots

Please don't mistake me for your father.

He's the only idiot around you.
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by Obaofaba: 7:33pm On Sep 27, 2023
maivd:

You are simply shameless. They asked for money saved but instead you started a narrative that leads nowhere. Are you dumb or dull?

Maybe your ancestors were dull, I don't know.
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by Funkyswagzz(m): 7:34pm On Sep 27, 2023
Obaofaba:

Vocal minorities can't outshine the overwhelming silent majorities.

I won't support evil even if the whole world does.

Bro u really don't know what u are saying
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by figment232(m): 7:38pm On Sep 27, 2023
Obaofaba:

Please don't mistake me for your father.

He's the only idiot around you.
He wud definitely visit u tonite from the world beyond
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by MEGAWATCH: 7:38pm On Sep 27, 2023
Obaofaba:

Idiots.

What have that you government given to the ordinary people you are talking about let's leave labour?
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by yusufmurry: 8:22pm On Sep 27, 2023
Obaofaba:

Idiots.

I pity you believe in Tinubu, after Tinubu is through, we will know that there was a president. The worst ever to be recorded.

Once he is through settling those that will disturb him, we will know his true personality
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by tivity101: 8:24pm On Sep 27, 2023
How can someone say the entire money saved from subsidy was used to sniff Koko... This is truly bad aswear. Then again where the money come enter
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by UnabashedIPOB: 8:26pm On Sep 27, 2023
There's NO money saved from Fuel subsidy removal because the subsidy was actually NEVER removed! It simply was a sleight of hand move by your government. It went from removing fuel subsidies to subsidizing Doillars for the same oil marketers. If anyone actually believed when your presidiot made such a pronouncement about removing fuel subsidies, then I have an oceanfront mansion that I will sell to you for 1 Naira. This government had started off with lies, lies, and lies!
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by BossGerald: 8:32pm On Sep 27, 2023
Duro4chang do you have it??
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by LotaTee: 8:36pm On Sep 27, 2023
Obaofaba:

Idiots.
How much did they pay for you to lose your common sense?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Northern Governors Convene In USA For Symposium On Regional Insecurity. / FG May Further Cut Petrol Price – PPPRA / 60 Landlords Desert Houses As Flood Overwhelms Ogun Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.