Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains (18195 Views)

FG Now Paying More For Subsidy, But many Nigerians Don't Know - El-Rufai / FG Gets $800m From World Bank For Subsidy Removal Palliatives For Poor Nigerians / Coronavirus: Atiku Asks FG To Pay N10,000 To Each Household, As He Donates N50M (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by duro4chang(m): 8:36pm On Sep 27, 2023
BossGerald:
Duro4chang do you have it??
Go for your medication. You are actually constituting nuisance. Could it be your situation has relapsed?
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by BossGerald: 8:40pm On Sep 27, 2023
duro4chang:
Go for your medication. You are actually constituting nuisance. Could it be your situation has relapsed?

Answer my question oga??

Why did ebola return fuel subsidy??
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by nedekid: 9:08pm On Sep 27, 2023
"Democracy is a job in progress, the president doesn't know everything. Frankly, I am very disappointed in Tinubu, very disappointed. I thought he understood economics. Now, I have realized he is just a bookkeeper. A bookkeeper is an accountant - he collects money and counts it but to develop a business, to develop an economy takes a business mind.

"Somebody who has run the industry before - employers. Employees understand the give and take of business. Evidently, he (President Tinubu) doesn't know it and he is not listening to advice because what is going on now is a disaster."

Adetokumbo pearse
https://saharareporters.com/2023/08/14/i-thought-tinubu-understood-economics-ive-realised-hes-just-bookkeeper-pdp-chieftain
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by Whytelyon(m): 9:11pm On Sep 27, 2023
AntiTerrorist:
Telling lies is number policy of Tinubu's government. Shameless liar.
A drug lord can actually save money but I doubt if a kleptomaniac like Tinubu can save. It seems impossible.

grin Have you Voted Tinubu today?
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by Whytelyon(m): 9:12pm On Sep 27, 2023
Obaofaba:
Wait for supplementary budget.

Let's not deceive ourselves, the government is now richer than before but no expenses can be made outside the budget.

In the lieu of the above, I implore every sane Nigerians to be patient and only criticise when the budget is not well implemented.

Moreover, everyone is not a member of both TUC and NLC, what happens to ordinary people on the street if only your demands are met?

I call on the president and the national assembly to FasTrack the passage of the supplementary budget into law.

But the TUC and NLC should not bully the president to act only on their damand without due process being followed.

If I were the president, I will dare you to go on your so called indefinite strike, I will start by not paying your salaries for this month and get you sacked with your replacements waiting on the wing.

Idiots.

Baba way evidence say this government is richer than before?
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by Whytelyon(m): 9:13pm On Sep 27, 2023
Obaofaba:

Is your Pandora poster boy against the same pms subsidy removal?

Chief wailer of nairaland.

Ewu

Call a bad thing bad. Stop supporting evil
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 9:14pm On Sep 27, 2023
Obaofaba:
After all, obidients Messiah didn't do anything in Anambra state for 8 years.

He claimed to have saved the money in the bank which he has interest and invested the rest in Hero Beer which later worth next to nothing.

So Mr Osifo shouldn't be apprehensive, president Bola Ahmed Tinubu GCFR is not and will always be different from the Pandora.

Nigeria is in a safe hands.

Pls keep quiet when you lack words.....makes you look more wise and sane
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by sulaak(m): 9:17pm On Sep 27, 2023
Nigeria TUC are the dumbest trade unionist in the world. Nigeria was borrowing money to fund oil subsidies. You don't save on borrowing; you end borrowing to stop growing the debt and then introduce economic reforms. GEJ should never have listened to these stupid TUCs and should have removed the subsidies in 2012.

The TUC should be protesting to fix the refineries, end the stealing of crude oil and fight corruption.
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by YouAreNobody: 9:18pm On Sep 27, 2023
Obaofaba:

Listen to yourself again, you said they only asked the government where is the money.

You want the government to answer that foolish question?

The president has already said the country has now saved one trillion naira, what else do you want?

The truth is, they want their demands met which is not possible without reviewing the budget.

So?
Would've been best if you just went mute like your fellow agbadoists instead of disgracing yourself here
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by prestyn: 9:27pm On Sep 27, 2023
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by Elidrisy20: 9:30pm On Sep 27, 2023
Obaofaba:

Let's not deceive ourselves, the government is now richer than before but no expenses can be made outside the budget.

In the lieu of the above, I implore every sane Nigerians to be patient and only criticise when the budget is not well implemented.

Moreover, everyone is not a member of both TUC and NLC, what happens to ordinary people on the street if only your demands are met?

I call on the president and the national assembly to FasTrack the passage of the supplementary budget into law.

But the TUC and NLC should not bully the president to act only on their damand without due process being followed.

If I were the president, I will dare you to go on your so called indefinite strike, I will start by not paying your salaries for this month and get you sacked with your replacements waiting on the wing.

Idiots.
patience kee you dere
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by Ifogift007: 9:30pm On Sep 27, 2023
Obaofaba:

Idiots.
... just imagine
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by prestyn: 9:33pm On Sep 27, 2023
Obaofaba:

Idiots.

Wait for which stupid supplementary budget passing??
He no longer knows how to politick both legislative houses abi?? Nonesense!!!! Is there even a functional legislature in Nigeria because we only see 'prayers' loving homo erectus in d red & green houses.

Lol. U also require extra patience from d poor masses abiii? Even at this time Na wa ooi. Cos u are very comfortable and sapping from govt coffers. No wonder u are here calling people illiterates and quoting backyard economics and political theories that have only plunged this country into terrible decay without any iota of hope or beamer of light.

Simple question, where the heck is the trillions of funds BAT claimed have been saved from removal of subsidy?? Where are d policies aimed at restoring d exchange rate, curbing inflation and so on Is it gonna take forever. Habaaaa. Y not use the same courage n spirit that made him recklessly pronounce the subsidy removal @ inauguration to also reverse the policy statement, re-introduce it in tranches after activating alleviating measures and shock absorbers.

The problem of this country is just ethnic & religious divide, else I don't understand how the most populous black nation on earth with over 200 million people will be so chickened and cannot come out en masse in serious protest for change of these ineffective policies. NLC, TUC, NUBUIFE, NUEE, ASUU, NASU, NYCN, NULGE, SUGs, Civil Societies, pls for once be united and embark on serious strike actions and protest. Habaaaaa.

Even God sef don tire for our matter. Inhumane leaders everytime, we just fold our hands and say it's well.
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by 8stargeneral: 9:36pm On Sep 27, 2023
Una go wait taya grin
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by guysbewise: 9:57pm On Sep 27, 2023
Nigeria is a limited company so the money has gone to the shareholders
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by CyracksMrBlogger(m): 10:02pm On Sep 27, 2023
Obaofaba:

Idiots.
98% of Nigerians on nairaland are suffering from illiteracy and ignorance. They won't still understand. The president haven't even done his budget, they are here complaining up and down showing their ignorance.
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by Kamalex22(m): 10:50pm On Sep 27, 2023
Oti lo😁😁
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by Kubin: 11:02pm On Sep 27, 2023
Y u go ask that kind question, since monkey can swallow money for this country maybe mosquito don swallow the subsidy money,by the way Dem don give una palliatives
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by Elibaba1: 11:32pm On Sep 27, 2023
Obaofaba:

Idiots.

Simple question wey them ask, you run enter bush..
Where are the trillions saved and how have they(Monies) been deployed Simple!
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by Rossikk(m): 11:33pm On Sep 27, 2023
PDPdestroyer:
The savings doesn't arise from money 'saved' from subsidy removal, but rather money 'saved' from not having to borrow money to pay subsidy wink

THESE ILLITERATES DON'T KNOW THAT NIGERIA WAS BORROWING TEN BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR TO PAY SUBSIDIES.

SO WHICH ''MONEY'' OR ''SAVINGS'' ARE THEY EXPECTING TO SEE?

KAI... WE NEED APTITUDE TESTS BEFORE JOINING NAIRALAND.

THIS PLACE HAS BEEN OVERWHELMED BY IGNORAMUSES AND ILLITERATES!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by EdiskyHarry: 11:43pm On Sep 27, 2023
I told some people that even if Petrol will be sold at 1500 naira per liter, the masses won't benefit from it.
All the income realized will be shared among top politicians.

1 Like

Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by Scoutvibe: 12:46am On Sep 28, 2023
Obaofaba:

Idiots.
with this your tribalism mind eeh you are just calling curse to yourself. the election is gone so what is on ground now is how to make things easier for the masses.
u have every right to vote for your preferred candidate but to be supporting a government that we don't know where he is heading to.
school now is a death trap for the poor
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by bluefilm: 4:19am On Sep 28, 2023
Audio money saved.
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by coleon(m): 5:24am On Sep 28, 2023
sulaak:

Nigeria TUC are the dumbest trade unionist in the world. Nigeria was borrowing money to fund oil subsidies. You don't save on borrowing; you end borrowing to stop growing the debt and then introduce economic reforms. GEJ should never have listened to these stupid TUCs and should have removed the subsidies in 2012.

The TUC should be protesting to fix the refineries, end the stealing of crude oil and fight corruption.
You have made two very absurd points to absolve your sponsors of the guilt and spread false narratives.
Firstly, it was not the TUC that spearheaded removal of subsidy in 2012. It is the people in government now, headed by Tinubu and Buhari himself that sponsored protests against subsidy removal in 2012.
Secondly, you lied that government was borrowing to pay for subsidy which I find very preposterous. Can you back up your claim with facts cos the government from time immemorial has never borrowed 1 Kobo to pay for subsidy.
Infact nnpc was swapping crude oil for petrol all throughout Buhari's tenure and there was no single report that stated we borrowed money to pay for subsidy.
Furthermore, Tinubu himself came out in his last address to the nation to state that his government saved billions from subsidy removal so where are you getting your misinformation from.
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by coleon(m): 5:29am On Sep 28, 2023
Rossikk:

THESE ILLITERATES DON'T KNOW THAT NIGERIA WAS BORROWING TEN BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR TO PAY SUBSIDIES.

SO WHICH ''MONEY'' OR ''SAVINGS'' ARE THEY EXPECTING TO SEE?

KAI... WE NEED APTITUDE TESTS BEFORE JOINING NAIRALAND.

THIS PLACE HAS BEEN OVERWHELMED BY IGNORAMUSES AND ILLITERATES!!

You are the illiterate and gullible one here. Nigeria has never borrowed one Kobo to pay for subsidy before.
Provide just one evidence to back this up, nnpc was swapping crude oil for petrol all through Buhari's government so where did you get your false narratives from?
Tinubu himself even addressed the nation and said he saved billions from subsidy removal.
Liar oshi.
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by Snowx: 6:35am On Sep 28, 2023
Obaofaba:

Why are you complaining on their behalf?

It seems you are really suffering just like majority of your people.

Why is complaints only coming from one section of the country?

Even the core northerners are not feeling the heat like you guys.

Why?

Now, we know who's truly almajiri.

Is either you are mayopic or a hypocrite to say such..even the blind can see the hardship people are passing through you re here still supporting failed government..what's wrong with some of you sense of reasoning and humanity? Is it because the president is coming from your zone or what and that's the reason you don't see the suffering of masses.

Mind you I know the section you re referring to, even if rice is sold at 100k per bag that section can afford it.all we re asking for is good governance we are not ethic bigots if you re not good we come for you we re not like you lots who prefer to suffer because your person is on the seat
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by IamAtikulate: 7:27am On Sep 28, 2023
Obaofaba:

Idiots.
Yorubas are noisemakers. It seems you guys jump into war without calculation?

Do you know how devastating it would be to sack all NLC and TUC members and replace them?

You can't even pull that off with ASUU, talk more of NLC and TUC.
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by Mrtaye: 7:57am On Sep 28, 2023
Obaofaba:

That's why I called you an illiterate.

Now go back and read through an interpreter.

Let him explain it to you very slowly.

Have a great day Sir.
You don't have a point
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by gabbytabby: 8:14am On Sep 28, 2023
Make una look well it is under una bed.

Nobody can afford strike except this collect salary finish then give yourselves 2 days unauthorised holiday and with time there will be deduction.

All of us are waiting for a good turnaround them no get 2 heads.

AntiTerrorist:
https://www.thecable.ng/where-is-the-money-saved-tuc-asks-fg-to-account-for-petrol-subsidy-removal-gains/amp
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by Micmuzac: 8:47am On Sep 28, 2023
it's unwise not to pressure this govt to account for subsidy saving because once spent nothing can be recovered, prevention is better that cure those saying questioning is now bullying should check themselves we did that for eight years with bihari and our coming génération will pay for his irresponsible policies,once beaten twice shy never trust controversial politiciens in govt if he needs being hounded to get result so be it, times are hardest he or nobody deserves any protection from scrutiny his policy is why we are here let him show us the books damit this is not Lagos unless he's trying to beat his predecessors record of treachery .
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by Proudlyomonna: 10:09am On Sep 28, 2023
When You have a criminal in power as president of a Country battling with corruption and looting undecided

God have mercy on the common man.

May the strongest survive.
Re: ‘Where Is The Money Saved?’ — TUC Asks FG To Account For Subsidy Removal Gains by maivd: 10:58am On Sep 28, 2023
Obaofaba:

Maybe your ancestors were dull, I don't know.
Guess you are both dumb and dull. Shameless dolt.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Awards Contract For Niger Bridge / Buhari Cancels Trip To Sambisa Forest, To Be Represented By Defence Minister / Dino Melaye Blasts Bello, Says He Paid Coordinators Money To Forge INEC Signatur

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.