Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,309 members, 7,811,917 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) (29530 Views)

Umahi Begs Buhari For ₦10 Billion To Complete Ebonyi Airport (Pictures, Video) / Governor Umahi Begs Anyim, Egwu, NASS Members For Forgiveness / Kwara: Abdulrazaq Locks Out Workers For Late Coming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by AsomArchitectNG(m): 11:27am On Sep 29, 2023
Imagine wike apologizing cheesy cheesy.. Umahi is a gentleman anyways

See our just concluded 3bedroom bungalow construction if you're about starting your building project.. Link in my signature. Plus we offer building designs and construction services nationwide

3 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by TalkTalkTwins(m): 11:29am On Sep 29, 2023
grin
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by fitinwell: 11:32am On Sep 29, 2023
Praxis758:
I don’t believe a disciplined man like Umahi will stoop low to apologize for taking the right step.

I’ll be iron-handed if I were to head any government agency because most civil servants lack discipline. They believe their union to protest and protect them.

You are Wrong.. that's what is expected from a Leader...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by enemyofprogress: 11:32am On Sep 29, 2023
Not the right thing to do. The man just lost his power to the people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by seunmsg(m): 11:33am On Sep 29, 2023
Way to go. He can't take on the civil servants and win. They will bring him down with experience.

When i advised that he should calm down and work with the system, i received a lot of backlash from folks who have absolutely no idea how the system works. Glad common sense is now prevailing and he has decided to listen to the advice of those that know. I wish him the best in his effort to make our roads motorable.

7 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by SpecialAdviser(m): 11:34am On Sep 29, 2023
Throwback:
You want Nigeria to progress without overhauling the corrupt civil service and its mob called Labour Unions?

You must be a joker.

I stand with Dave Umahi over those whose best actions can never make Nigeria great.

Every public institution need a forceful reorientation of its labour force, but I wouldn't waste that time if I can as well sack them all and rehire.

The public service need to make firing as easy as it is in the private sector.
Government need to subcontract these ministries but trust Hausa people no go gree

1 Like

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by enemyofprogress: 11:36am On Sep 29, 2023
fitinwell:

You are Wrong.. that's what is expected from a Leader...

says who? To condone indiscipline at work? People coming to work at 1PM?

2 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by jaxxy(m): 11:37am On Sep 29, 2023
Throwback:
Dave Umahi is Igbo.

The person addressing the crowd and the Minister is speaking with a Yoruba intonation.

The person from the crowd who retorted "teach him very well" spoke with Igbo intonation.

My drift is that the civil service is nationally useless, and would frustrate anyone who comes in as a reformer.

I am certain that they are also already planning how the limit the "excesses" of the Interior Minister who wants government agencies to be efficient and eliminate corruption.

This is part of the reason Wike fired all the heads of agencies in the FCT so he can rejig them with those who can help him deliver on his agenda.

With the current Civil Service, this country will never move forward, rather it will keep moving backwards.

reforming Any sector isn't a 1 man affair and fighting corruption in the federal service needs a proper strategy cos dictatorship method may not be effective considering this isn't military regime.

u will need the support of the president and some structures..

Something drastic needs to be done bt the problem might not be from them alone bt the economy and general corruption in the system.
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by inoki247: 11:37am On Sep 29, 2023
Why he dey apologize for doing the right thing na....

If possible Late comers can be flogged sef I support that...

Maybe the Ministry needs to be handed over to the Military.....

Coming to work by 1pm is that one work again or Place of Leisure...

3 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by ufotunang: 11:39am On Sep 29, 2023
Have you increased their salaries don't you see that transportation is now expensive ..did you provide staff bus for them to make it easy for them to come to work early and reduce their costs of high transportation costs

2 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:39am On Sep 29, 2023
sammirano2:

Right how? Why? Where in the world is such barbaric act done. There are disciplinary procedures to follow, not lock them out like some village head master
Whichever you try to look at it, twist it to paint black white, fact still remains that they came late to work.

They can't undo their record late coming
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Laple0541(m): 11:40am On Sep 29, 2023
Respect kii all of una there…

Engr Umahi please don’t beg them. Sack the hell out of them; they are the most lazy civil servants in the whole world.

You can’t expect a change Nigeria and still operate an unproductive civil service like this.

Umahi is the greatest Igbo person that ever existed.

2 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Originalsly: 11:41am On Sep 29, 2023
Throwback:

My drift is that the civil service is nationally useless, and would frustrate anyone who comes in as a reformer.

This is part of the reason Wike fired all the heads of agencies in the FCT so he can rejig them with those who can help him deliver on his agenda.

No need to mention tribes ... the problem is a civil service problem period .... regardless of tribe. Isn't Wike a reformer?... is any such problem frustrating him? If it were Wike instead of the Governor... do you think we would be reading this script? The problem is the people in position to make changes do not have the balls to do so. The Governor should've directed the head of that and other agencies to ensure their workers are on time ... if not.... like Wike... heads have to roll. To lock out late comers is not the way. The Governor apologizing .... sissy

1 Like

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Bluntemperor: 11:42am On Sep 29, 2023
Throwback:
You want Nigeria to progress without overhauling the corrupt civil service and its mob called Labour Unions?
You must be a joker.
I stand with Dave Umahi over those whose best actions can never make Nigeria great.
Every public institution need a forceful reorientation of its labour force, but I wouldn't waste that time if I can as well sack them all and rehire.

I agree with Hon Umahi and is unfortunate that there is no sailent Communication!
In most of the Ministries - Federal and States and worse are the Local Govt,Workers are not dedicated enough because - the Monthly Salaries are assured ,only very Few do the works!
Some States Workers are worse off due to uncaring and lackadaisical attitudes, which cannot be tolorated in Private Sectors Organisations!
They will vehemently opposed any Change and they forget that Change is inevitable in Life Journey!
How can you resume 10 am-o' clock and return 2 or 3 O'clock? Na Wa o!

2 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Smithwilliams826: 11:44am On Sep 29, 2023
Who is Dave Umahi?

1 Like

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by mastermaestro(m): 11:44am On Sep 29, 2023
Praxis758:
I don’t believe a disciplined man like Umahi will stoop low to apologize for taking the right step.

I’ll be iron-handed if I were to head any government agency because most civil servants lack discipline. They believe their union to protest and protect them.

Minister and governor are two very different power positions. Umahi knows now. Minister is just upgraded commissioner in simple term. grin

2 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Yankee101: 11:45am On Sep 29, 2023
There are perm secs that are as rich as governors and directors wey na principality

There are rules even in the US, no be state

But the civil service in both countries need reforms

2 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by okoroemeka(m): 11:46am On Sep 29, 2023
madmohamed:
Abuja no be ebonyi
how can you come to work by 22 pm and say Abuja is not ebonyi?are you happy that these civil servants are not discipled and unptoductive?will the minister come to work by 9 30 and none of his workers are around?do you then expect him to clap for them ,I will never apologise to them

7 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by IamANigerianMan: 11:48am On Sep 29, 2023
Throwback:

You must be a joker.

Nigerian civil service is one of the most corrupt in the world

2 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Akaujaa(m): 11:48am On Sep 29, 2023
Imagine tendering apologies for doing the right thing and not apologizing when you do the wrong thing. That's politicians for you. They're the reason Nigeria keeps sinking down the drain.

1 Like

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Jagabanarmy: 11:48am On Sep 29, 2023
madmohamed:
Abuja no be ebonyi
Meaning? Keep quiet please. He's doing the right thing

3 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by seunmsg(m): 11:49am On Sep 29, 2023
Toylove:
He actually doesn’t need to apologize,
Sack them all🤪

He can't even sack the most junior worker in the ministry. You guys really need to learn about federal public service before coming with some of theses very ignorant and embarrassing comment.

9 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Sk5050: 11:52am On Sep 29, 2023
Smile 😁
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by ntebong: 11:52am On Sep 29, 2023
My advice to David Umai, the minister of Work should borrow a leaf from Wike, fire some directors, especially those saddled responsibilities is to regulate the activities of the workers, otherwise, he will be frustrated and achieve less.
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 29, 2023
Triton1996:

The affront from that speaker. "You must respect us"

1 Like

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Lifestone(m): 11:54am On Sep 29, 2023
maestroferddi:
Everybody dey form King Kong for naija..

Governance is not propaganda.

If thought he could run a national assignment like the way he ran Ebonyi like a private estate, he would have another thinking through...

He performed but his high-handedness is excessive...
You dey support those workers or you are one of them?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by ednut1(m): 11:57am On Sep 29, 2023
Useless and lazy workers. They must all be sacked
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Bethelseedlings: 11:57am On Sep 29, 2023
In as much as want will agree with the Honourable minister, the needful needs to be done by the Federal Government. Salary remain the same, yet cost of transportation and feeding on the high side.
Civil servant need to be paid well, then Public Service Rule need to be applied for any workers that violate the rule

2 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Acidosis(m): 12:01pm On Sep 29, 2023
Georgejeez:
The Civil Service should be handed over to the Military for restructuring Sanitation for just 6 months .

Can they try this stunt during the days of Idiagbon, Babangida or Abacha ?

Lock your boss in his office in protest against discipline for coming late everyday to work .

Lovers of corrupt democrats will tell you that the worst democracy is better than the best military government.
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by yewit37486: 12:02pm On Sep 29, 2023
Bluntemperor:

I agree with Hon Umahi and is unfortunate that there is no sailent Communication!
In most of the Ministries - Federal and States and worse are the Local Govt,Workers are not dedicated enough because - the Monthly Salaries are assured , only very Few do the works!
Some States Workers are worse off due to uncaring and lackadaisical attitudes, which cannot be tolorated in Private Sectors Organisations!
They will vehemently opposed any Change and they forget that Change is inevitable in Life Journey!
How can you resume 10 am-o' clock and return 2 or 3 O'clock? Na Wa o!

And these are the very people that would open their mouths to complain about the 'situation of the country', the politicians, and corruption. People indeed get the leaders they deserve.

1 Like

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by scobaba: 12:04pm On Sep 29, 2023
He did not do well.

Slam all the directors with query and see how everybody will align.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. / Owerri Refuse: We Deliberately Left It To Punish Indigenes – Imo Govt / Pictures Of Ongoing Bonny Waterway Terminal Reconstruction In Portharcourt.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.