Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) (29532 Views)

Umahi Begs Buhari For ₦10 Billion To Complete Ebonyi Airport (Pictures, Video) / Governor Umahi Begs Anyim, Egwu, NASS Members For Forgiveness / Kwara: Abdulrazaq Locks Out Workers For Late Coming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Smithwilliams826: 2:50pm On Sep 29, 2023
Pacesetter123:

Hon. Minister of Works in the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Immediate past governor of Ebonyi state.

A disciplinarian and a hardworking man.

Do you have any problem with that or with him?
If I have a problem with him, I would have asked. Or you wan beat me?
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by LegacyB: 2:51pm On Sep 29, 2023
Jeezuzpick:

Does Umahi himself come early every day?

Does he line up at Kubwa express to fight for kabukabu to come to work?

Does he have to trek to the express now that his buddy Wine has crushed the motorbikes?

People coming from Kubwa, Lugbe, Zuba, Madalla and co in this fuel hike times, paying through their noses to come to work, and the man dey lock gate?

If na before, no wahala.

Let him lock the gate again and see.
What is supposed to be the resumption time of a staff In the civil service. No wonder the best this country can produce is Tinubu, Atiku and Obi. You guys really deserve them.
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Praxis758: 2:51pm On Sep 29, 2023
Johnson5258:
It is a carrot and stick approach, there is going to be a reprisal. You can imagine their effrontery, telling Minister he was just going all about doing things and didn't carried them along so that they can use the old approach, I'm a tax payer and these ones are spending my money and going to work 12noon to 3pm while i work 8am to 6pm standing throughout. I keep saying it that the problem of this country is just a little of the government but largely of the populace. So other appointees who cannot control them will join them, move money and move on.

Nigerians has to be fair to Nigeria by doing the right thing.

You’re 100% on point.

All the corrupt politicians were tutored by the civil servants on how to dip their hands into the cookie jar.

That’s why the civil servant observe the body language of every newly appointed/elected political office holder to know where and how to react.

They derive joy when they observe that the latter would continue to old rotten ways while the fight and launch propaganda against the few who want to effect positive change.

A good lesson is the Bunmi Tunji-Ojo of Interior Ministry.

2 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by hammerFC: 2:56pm On Sep 29, 2023
THEY WILL STILL SACK THEM ONE BY ONE.

IS IT NOT ORDINARY CIVIL SERVANT?

THEY PLAY!
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by deji17: 3:00pm On Sep 29, 2023
Jungleluv5:
Mr minister you should not have begged this workers for doing the wrong thing now, why?
The man was being diplomatic. Now they get the memo.
Shape up or ship out!
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by hatchy(f): 3:01pm On Sep 29, 2023
VinnyBaba:
Good and SENSIBLE decision.👍

Unlike Wike that continues to Fool himself. sad 😏
Mumu hediot with mumu comment.
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Johnson5258: 3:10pm On Sep 29, 2023
He will get it right hopefully.

Praxis758:

You’re 100% on point.

All the corrupt politicians were tutored by the civil servants on how to dip their hands into the cookie jar.

That’s why the civil servant observe the body language of every newly appointed/elected political office holder to know where and how to react.

They derive joy when they observe that the latter would continue to old rotten ways while the fight and launch propaganda against the few who want to effect positive change.

A good lesson is the Bunmi Tunji-Ojo of Interior Ministry.
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Johnson5258: 3:15pm On Sep 29, 2023
Two wrongs cannot make a right is the correct statement, the minister is right and the staff are wrong, what Dave just did is an audit and a sensitization which is smart, dem go hear well well. They forgot he is an ex governor and governors seff dey flex power pass president, ask Shuaibu in Edo. Lol! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

rigarmortis:

Well two words can't make a right and locking workers out was the wrong choice.
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Luckysbab: 3:23pm On Sep 29, 2023
Praxis758:
I don’t believe a disciplined man like Umahi will stoop low to apologize for taking the right step.

I’ll be iron-handed if I were to head any government agency because most civil servants lack discipline. They believe their union to protest and protect them.

Sometimes,you stoop to conquer.
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by REALretep(m): 3:53pm On Sep 29, 2023
Well spoken
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by ayenale1(m): 4:14pm On Sep 29, 2023
Emi laye mi, plastic buckets would have been filled with tears this morning...they won't get any entitlements after sack...the mins try will employ replacement within two weeks wey unemployed graduates plenty for streets....
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 5:01pm On Sep 29, 2023
Higherthan:
come to the West to learn good governance, you're scared your Good for nothing citizens will criticize you, now see you dey apologize to your workers for doing that which is right....

Sometimes this eastern ppl, na UGM good for them you should have released them to be flogged again. Make those ones flog ppl Papa : for coming late. grin cheesy

See this ppl that want to rule Nigeria grin.
Nzobu nzobu cheesy

You have good governance and not even the police could protect Mohbad from deadly gangs?
Yorubaland is the centre of hooliganism in Nigeria and has been so since the 60s. The so-called union leader addressing umahi is Yoruba
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Higherthan: 5:10pm On Sep 29, 2023
InyinyaAgbaOku:

You have good governance and not even the police could protect Mohbad from deadly gangs?
Yorubaland is the centre of hooliganism in Nigeria and has been so since the 60s. The so-called union leader addressing umahi is Yoruba
UGM go catch you and flog you,as they flog your parents grin cheesy don't come here and cry oo. grin grin
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by rigarmortis: 5:25pm On Sep 29, 2023
Johnson5258:
Two wrongs cannot make a right is the correct statement, the minister is right and the staff are wrong, what Dave just did is an audit and a sensitization which is smart, dem go hear well well. They forgot he is an ex governor and governors seff dey flex power pass president, ask Shuaibu in Edo. Lol! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Two wrongs cannot/don't make a right is definitely correct. Maybe you would have realised it was typo if you weren't so quick to show off. Some of us post using smart phones.

Back to the main issue, I am am a financial person and worked as an Auditor for about three years. Locking staff out of the office is abuse of power, not even bank MDs who have some degree of right to do same should engage in such as it isn't best practice.

I'm sure the civil service handbook has a guidelines on how to punish latecomers. And that's what should be adopted here. You may not realise the effect of multiple queries in the files of a civil servant. But I assure you it's quite severe.

The problem with these little abuses here and there is it eventually leads to despotism. The typical African and even worse Nigerian would not bother with a slight until it grows into something else that will eventually affect him directly.

Adopt a clock in system, give queries, deduct the time spent outside from the salaries, issue warning and caution that will stop the latecomers from holding any post, tell ppl that 4 warning is a space of 3 months or whatever, will attract sanctions up to sack. Etc

But the typical homo erectus African mind would only think about stone age treatment and archaic practices to "discipline" staff.

Meanwhile, Africa is still the most corrupt and backward place on earth.

You can improve on your punctuations by the way. No hard feelings, just saying.

Have a nice day and remain blessed
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by chukseric504869: 5:39pm On Sep 29, 2023
See how this guy was addressing a whole one time party chair,deputy governor,governor, senator and currently minister , talking as if is his mate upon thier wrongs.i know Dave,he doesn't forgive easily,pay back time for this rude behavior will not be far

1 Like

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 6:06pm On Sep 29, 2023
Higherthan:

UGM go catch you and flog you,as they flog your parents grin cheesy don't come here and cry oo. grin grin

Ugm of yesterday and it's not even common.
But you see toutism in Yorubaland, na dem get am.

You guys lack culture.
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Pacesetter123(m): 6:49pm On Sep 29, 2023
Smithwilliams826:
If I have a problem with him, I would have asked. Or you wan beat me?
Yes,I want beat you.
Comot come enter ring.
grin grin
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by KingLennon(m): 7:02pm On Sep 29, 2023
Praxis758:
I don’t believe a disciplined man like Umahi will stoop low to apologize for taking the right step.

I’ll be iron-handed if I were to head any government agency because most civil servants lack discipline. They believe their union to protest and protect them.

You will not last. You have to create a balance between authoritarianism and permissiveness
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by stuffs2002: 7:09pm On Sep 29, 2023
Praxis758:

Dave Umahi was wrong
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Praxis758: 7:30pm On Sep 29, 2023
stuffs2002:

Dave Umahi was wrong

How?
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Praxis758: 7:33pm On Sep 29, 2023
KingLennon:

You will not last. You have to create a balance between authoritarianism and permissiveness

If you had had an important appointment in that office by 10am and the staff that was to attend to you was clocking in by 1pm. How would you feel?

Failure of the Blackman to take responsibility and do the right thing is one of the reasons we are stagnant and backward.
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by stuffs2002: 7:47pm On Sep 29, 2023
Praxis758:

How?

Dave Umahi did the right thing the wrong way

Dave Umahi was very wrong to have locked up the gates to the ministry because the civil service is a well structured organisation with rules and regulations.

Lateness to duty, stealing, fighting, absenteeism, malingering, insubordination, lackadaisical attitudes, etc are treated by issuing queries and following up with the required punishments.

Punishments are administered based on the offences as all offences don't carry the same punishments.

Punishments could be
1. warning
2. Suspension
3. demotion
4. Dismissal
5. Dismissal and handing over to the police
6. etc

The workers in the ministry knew that Dave Umahi shot himself in the foot with his tyrannical ways and thought him a lesson by demonstrating against him and Dave Umahi had to come down and be apologising to the workers.

BTW: I am not a staff of the ministry of work or any other ministry sef but rules are rules
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Higherthan: 8:11pm On Sep 29, 2023
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Ugm of yesterday and it's not even common.
But you see toutism in Yorubaland, na dem get am.

You guys lack culture.
cheesy grin coming from someone whose region use kick to wake their father 😃😀😂
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Praxis758: 8:18pm On Sep 29, 2023
stuffs2002:

Dave Umahi did the right thing the wrong way

Dave Umahi was very wrong to have locked up the gates to the ministry because the civil service is a well structured organisation with rules and regulations.

Lateness to duty, stealing, fighting, absenteeism, malingering, insubordination, lackadaisical attitudes, etc are treated by issuing queries and following up with the required punishments.

Punishments are administered based on the offences as all offences don't carry the same punishments.

Punishments could be
1. warning
2. Suspension
3. demotion
4. Dismissal
5. Dismissal and handing over to the police
6. etc

The workers in the ministry knew that Dave Umahi shot himself in the foot with his tyrannical ways and thought him a lesson by demonstrating against him and Dave Umahi had to come down and be apologising to the workers.

BTW: I am not a staff of the ministry of work or any other ministry sef but rules are rules

All your points are valid!

However, those can best be applied to individuals but those staff are too many to administer the due process. (I’m not condemning due process)

The whole country now have the knowledge that staff in the federal ministry of works, Abuja are habitual late comers
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by stuffs2002: 9:11pm On Sep 29, 2023
Praxis758:

All your points are valid!

However, those can best be applied to individuals but those staff are too many to administer the due process. (I’m not condemning due process)

The whole country now have the knowledge that staff in the federal ministry of works, Abuja are habitual late comers

The whole country also knows that Dave Umahi:
1. Knows nothing about civil service rules and regulations.
2. Played himself into the hands of the Civil servants
3. Is a tyrannical leader.
4. Was embarrassed and disgraced
5. Apologised to the civil servants

BTW:
I am a COREN registered Engineer with a first degree and two masters degrees in Engineering and I like and respect Dave Umahi with the professional way he has been handling the Ministry of works

People like you should stop defending a wrong out of tribalism. Dave Umahi made a mistake, he apologised and everyone have moved on

1 Like

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by eteba(m): 9:23pm On Sep 29, 2023
I trust Wike, he would have dealt with that arrogant union leader.

Lazy, corrupt and highly indisciplined civil servants.
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:47pm On Sep 29, 2023
Higherthan:

cheesy grin coming from someone whose region use kick to wake their father 😃😀😂

I can see you don't have points.
It's your people that wake their fathers that way. Hooligans
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Higherthan: 12:39am On Sep 30, 2023
InyinyaAgbaOku:

I can see you don't have points.
It's your people that wake their fathers that way. Hooligans
E pain am, hoodlum grin cheesy
Heard gorilla was the animal mating with you ancestors, no wonder you act like a monkey 🐒 low-key.🤣😂
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by hakeemhakeem(m): 1:45am On Sep 30, 2023
Thing like this you send quarry and demoted warning to the heads of departments, you see he or she make them for in line internal memo would do the rest . NLC is haven eyes and hear aches now
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Omobude244: 9:18am On Sep 30, 2023
Throwback:
You want Nigeria to progress without overhauling the corrupt civil service and its mob called Labour Unions?

You must be a joker.

I stand with Dave Umahi over those whose best actions can never make Nigeria great.

Every public institution need a forceful reorientation of its labour force, but I wouldn't waste that time if I can as well sack them all and rehire.

The public service need to make firing as easy as it is in the private sector.
u have a drug lord as the president and u want to sanitizie the country grin grin

una too mumu
Tinubu is always a bargaining chip and a reference point
u people are too dull to even understand simple ABC

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Lifts Ban On Importation Of Furniture , Textiles / 9 Things Buhari Promised Nigerians In 2018 / Lawan: No Electronic Transmission Of Result In Electoral Act (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.