Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,322 members, 7,811,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) (29533 Views)

Umahi Begs Buhari For ₦10 Billion To Complete Ebonyi Airport (Pictures, Video) / Governor Umahi Begs Anyim, Egwu, NASS Members For Forgiveness / Kwara: Abdulrazaq Locks Out Workers For Late Coming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Funflipper: 12:05pm On Sep 29, 2023
Throwback:
You want Nigeria to progress without overhauling the corrupt civil service and its mob called Labour Unions?

You must be a joker.

I stand with Dave Umahi over those whose best actions can never make Nigeria great.

Every public institution need a forceful reorientation of its labour force, but I wouldn't waste that time if I can as well sack them all and rehire.

The public service need to make firing as easy as it is in the private sector.

Spot on! He should have sacked all of them on the spot. How can you be coming late to work without any consequence. Workers should be paid on per hour basis and be made to sign in and out at the end of each day. They want the jobs for the money but they don't really want to work.
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Jman06(m): 12:10pm On Sep 29, 2023
When you have a complex set of people to deal with, the carrot and stick approach has to be employed. Having offered the apology and financial bonus to the workers, Umahi must also insist on enthroning discipline among the workers because that's the only way he can make headway in that ministry.

Nigeria and Nigerians are suffering from psychological damages as a result of years endemic corruption. Now, everyone sees corruption as a norm. Like the saying goes, when evil is allowed to fester for long, it becomes a culture!

Therefore, it takes sincerity on the part of the politicians, gradual reorientation and strict enthronement of discipline to bring about attitudinal change among Nigerians.
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Pacesetter123(m): 12:11pm On Sep 29, 2023
rajiedreez:
smileyAll of una dey see wetin our parents,, brothers, sisters, uncles and aunties dey do for government office. Later we'll all be complaining about the same government where they failed to do their jobs diligently
This one follow tire me..ooo aswerr.
How can a civil servant that is not on shift duty come to work by 1pm?

3 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by membranus: 12:11pm On Sep 29, 2023
Your workers that are expected to resume by 7.30a.m are coming to work after 9.a.m., and some by 1.0 clock, and you ate apologising to them after taking a minor disciplinary action?

It is over with this country, the politicians have lost control of governance of the wretched nation. It is time a serious minded military man takes over.
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Cocolatti(m): 12:12pm On Sep 29, 2023
This man should know that this is not "small" Ebonyi where he was Emperor for eight years. Umahi need to understand that he is no longer an "Executive Governor" but a Minister who's under a President,
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by NAC1666: 12:12pm On Sep 29, 2023
Triton1996:

Here no be Ebonyi state o

1 Like

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by simmydare82(m): 12:14pm On Sep 29, 2023
Honestly my heart melt at the remorseful ness of his Excellency David Umahi , this is a spirit of a true leader.

1 Like

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Pacesetter123(m): 12:15pm On Sep 29, 2023
bennybuhari:
What effrontery Umahi is a Coward
grin grin
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Tonytonex(m): 12:15pm On Sep 29, 2023
Throwback:
You want Nigeria to progress without overhauling the corrupt civil service and its mob called Labour Unions?

You must be a joker.

I stand with Dave Umahi over those whose best actions can never make Nigeria great.

Every public institution need a forceful reorientation of its labour force, but I wouldn't waste that time if I can as well sack them all and rehire.

honestly. He should retired or sack the heads and the senior ones. If not, indiscipline will continue
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by eazzzy1(m): 12:16pm On Sep 29, 2023
Minister Dave needs to exercise tact next time. You don’t lock people out for coming late like they are secondary school students. Who locks Dave out if he comes late? What if someone took permission from his boss to come in late the next day? What if I resume late and close late and my boss is aware?

It’s just Nigerians and bigi manliness. Lecturers, pastors and people in position do same to exert authority. Initiate a clock in system or swipe cards to monitor lateness. Give people queries and the fire repeated offenders. The next step will be to ask them to kneel, raise their hands and close their eyes?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by simmydare82(m): 12:16pm On Sep 29, 2023
But I think the civil servants should change their habit, coming to work by 1 pm is too bad.

1 Like

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Bluntemperor: 12:16pm On Sep 29, 2023
O P,your title on this Subject is Wrong - and this is one of the Problems of Social Media in Nigeria- right now!
He- Umahi,did not ' beg' but appeal to them to hear his own side of the Story!
Beg: Kwa! or you know watch the Video ni?
Why should he begged them,for bringing in Disciplines into the Works Ministry?
- Did you see the role of FERMA Agency on our Roads here- always Budgets NBillions - without performance!
Corruption have destroyed many Ministries and Parastatiles in Nigeria and where a Minister happens to join the bandwagons,then forget that Ministry! Umahi and Wike are making the difference,like Mrs Akiyuli( deceased) of NAFDAC and Remi Babalola of the Finance Ministry- who resigned then because of the terrible things he saw!
I beg, make Una park somewhere!

1 Like

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Funflipper: 12:16pm On Sep 29, 2023
ufotunang:
Have you increased their salaries don't you see that transportation is now expensive ..did you provide staff bus for them to make it easy for them to come to work early and reduce their costs of high transportation costs

Increase salaries for coming to work at 1pm? You guys are not serious in that country at all. Even if they make transportation free, those indiciplined nonchalant civil servants still won't come to work on time.

4 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Pacesetter123(m): 12:16pm On Sep 29, 2023
bennybuhari:
What effrontery Umahi is a Coward
grin grin grin grin
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Tonytonex(m): 12:18pm On Sep 29, 2023
Throwback:
Dave Umahi is Igbo.

The person addressing the crowd and the Minister is speaking with a Yoruba intonation.

The person from the crowd who retorted "teach him very well" spoke with Igbo intonation.

My drift is that the civil service is nationally useless, and would frustrate anyone who comes in as a reformer.

I am certain that they are also already planning how to limit the "excesses" of the Interior Minister who wants government agencies to be efficient and eliminate corruption.

This is part of the reason Wike fired all the heads of agencies in the FCT so he can rejig them with those who can help him deliver on his agenda.

With the current Civil Service, this country will never move forward, rather it will keep moving backwards.
Exactly. That's why I like Wike.
He should sack 'em all
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by MrALIVE: 12:20pm On Sep 29, 2023
Throwback:

You must be a joker.

Civil service and labour unions are now the problem of Nigeria How some of you reason at times is very annoying...you must be a politician or benefitting from the political class.
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Tonytonex(m): 12:21pm On Sep 29, 2023
VinnyBaba:
Good and SENSIBLE decision.πŸ‘

Unlike Wike that continues to Fool himself. sad 😏
see one of them here. πŸ™„
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Trustmea: 12:24pm On Sep 29, 2023
This is the reason I like Nyeson wike the braveness. Locking ur senior in office because u came to work late? Why is Dave Umahi so weak to issue apology to them. If na me I swear I'll sack many ppl in that ministry, what audacity
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Cmanforall: 12:25pm On Sep 29, 2023
sammirano2:

Right how? Why? Where in the world is such barbaric act done. There are disciplinary procedures to follow , not lock them out like some village head master

In Nigeria, that disciplinary procedure can take years

2 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Judolisco(m): 12:27pm On Sep 29, 2023
Throwback:
Dave Umahi is Igbo.

The person addressing the crowd and the Minister is speaking with a Yoruba intonation.

The person from the crowd who retorted "teach him very well" spoke with Igbo intonation.

My drift is that the civil service is nationally useless, and would frustrate anyone who comes in as a reformer.

I am certain that they are also already planning how to limit the "excesses" of the Interior Minister who wants government agencies to be efficient and eliminate corruption.

This is part of the reason Wike fired all the heads of agencies in the FCT so he can rejig them with those who can help him deliver on his agenda.

With the current Civil Service, this country will never move forward, rather it will keep moving backwards.
people in civil service don't play tribe na... Once they get u r trying to trample on their rights they fight back... It's jst d normal Nigerian behaviour... An outsider can't bully a Nigerian abroad....we forget about tribe and fight to d last... They see umahi as an outsider even 2mrw he can be sacked by d president... But coming to work 10am is very wrong... They have buses that convey them to work oh and most of them stay around town.... It's really a disgrace... Nigerians only play tribe during politics

3 Likes

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Pacesetter123(m): 12:30pm On Sep 29, 2023
Smithwilliams826:
Who is Dave Umahi?
Hon. Minister of Works in the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Immediate past governor of Ebonyi state.

A disciplinarian and a hardworking man.

Do you have any problem with that or with him?

1 Like

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by legba1(m): 12:31pm On Sep 29, 2023
CIVIL SERVANTS HAD ALWAYS BEEN THE PROBLEM .
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by APOPTOSIS: 12:32pm On Sep 29, 2023
This is completely abysmal.
So Dave, you further went ahead to pacify Late comers with #15million ....
Honestly,
..the Nigerian civil service is truly for the Lazy man.
With this Attitude of theirs, if Nigeria ever moves forward let me denounce my first name
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by melodyogonna(m): 12:33pm On Sep 29, 2023
Civil servants are coming to work by 1pm? He should start firing them
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Pacesetter123(m): 12:33pm On Sep 29, 2023
okoroemeka:
how can you come to work by 22 pm and say Abuja is not ebonyi?are you happy that these civil servants are not discipled and unptoductive?will the minister come to work by 9 30 and none of his workers are around?do you then expect him to clap for them ,I will never apologise to them
Even me,I won't apologize.
We fit settle the quanta but apology no go follow at all at all
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by melodyogonna(m): 12:34pm On Sep 29, 2023
Throwback:
Dave Umahi is Igbo.

Umahi should do exactly what Wike did. If the situation doesn't improve he should fire all the top people
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Pacesetter123(m): 12:35pm On Sep 29, 2023
seunmsg:

He can't even sack the most junior worker in the ministry. You guys really need to learn about federal public service before coming with some of theses very ignorant and embarrassing comment.
grin grin grin
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by APOPTOSIS: 12:35pm On Sep 29, 2023
Trustmea:
This is the reason I like Nyeson wike the braveness. Locking ur senior in office because u came to work late? Why is Dave Umahi so weak to issue apology to them. If na me I swear I'll sack many ppl in that ministry, what audacity
Honestly,
I am speechless.
In Fact the other man addressing him should be allowed to head the ministry for displaying so much potency and prowess.
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Praxis758: 12:35pm On Sep 29, 2023
fitinwell:

You are Wrong.. that's what is expected from a Leader...

So you prefer the rude and indecorous working styles of the civil servants.
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Pacesetter123(m): 12:40pm On Sep 29, 2023
Cocolatti:
This man should know that this is not "small" Ebonyi where he was Emperor for eight years. Umahi need to understand that he is no longer an "Executive Governor" but a Minister who's under a President,
So what does that mean now?
Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Hoelujohn: 12:42pm On Sep 29, 2023
IkeOnyia:
Was shocked to see Dave Umahi display typical abakaliki man timidity. The workers union leader who spoke practically insulted and dressed him down right there in his face and all the minister could do was to apologize for scolding the latecomers!

Let's just hope that he fixes the deplorable federal roads across the nation and his insistence on concrete technology doesn't push the price of cement through the roofs.
Only if he is going to be clean. Them go release confidential memos to press. If he gives contracts to anyone, the civil service will release it to the press. Na only saint fit fight civil servants oo

1 Like

Re: Dave Umahi Begs Civil Servants After Locking Them Out For Late Coming (Video) by Creamz(m): 12:43pm On Sep 29, 2023
It is bad for civil servants to come late to work. However, it is because most of them have businesses they have to attend to first before coming to work, and some of them live very far, as far as into Nassarawa state. They cannot afford the high rents of Abuja. The hold up on that road leading into Abuja from Nassarawa is usually crazy. Why not increase their salaries to a living wage and see if they will be late

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gov Sule To Peter Obi: Politics Is Over, Please Support President Tinubu / Mark Esper Says U.S. Troops Are NOT Withdrawing From Iraq / Ifeanyi Ubah Inaugurates 'Afa Igbo Efuna' As Nollywood Actors Storm Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.