Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? (54878 Views)

Different Types Of Girls When They Are Visiting A Guy For The First Time. / In Case This Happens What Will You Do? / As A Lady If You Sponsor A Date And This Happens, What Will You Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Kajaard: 12:06pm On Oct 28, 2023
Samantha124:
I will sit and wait to be served because I don't know what she's cooking and how she's cooking it.

It'll only seem disrespectful of me being a new guest, but already being too forward and all over the place... But I can help her with washing the dishes afterwards.

This is the best answer. Nice one 👍
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by akaahs(m): 12:08pm On Oct 28, 2023
englishmart:
I will personally insist she doesn't do anything sha.
First impression matters!
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by mctech(m): 12:09pm On Oct 28, 2023
Brandiebird:
Whenever I’m at anyone’s home and they are busy, I ask if there’s anything I could do. Courtesy demands you offer to help and leave the rest to your host.
You are well trained.
She should offer to help but if the guy's mother refuses,it's ok. She can then pack and do dishes afterwards.

I know a guy that dumped a prospective fiance because she was watching films while he was cooking.

Even as a guy, if you go visit your guy and you find them doing something, you have to join them.

Never be a useless human being.

1 Like

Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by SweetDipBenny(m): 12:09pm On Oct 28, 2023
It's her first time na, she sud relax.😌 And my Mama no get problem a tall, she's d best🙂..
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by JuanDeDios: 12:10pm On Oct 28, 2023
illicit:
As the guy I won't let her do such

And if my mum raised it, I will tell her she wanted to but I didn't allow it.

She's meant to meet my family not to cook for them, my mother has always been doing the cooking.

If I should follow her to their own house,I met her father doing some stuff, am I obliged to join him?

I am not
If you met her father hanging yams in the barn, won't be a bad idea handing him them tubers to tie though.
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Officialmrt: 12:12pm On Oct 28, 2023
illicit:

She's meant to meet my family not to cook for them, my mother has always been doing the cooking.

If I should follow her to their own house,I met her father doing some stuff, am I obliged to join him?

I am not
Ode
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by MrDoGood(m): 12:12pm On Oct 28, 2023
Dangrace01:
Join her in the kitchen. African mothers always use this to test their son's girlfriend.

go sit down. if na test, which be exam ?
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Blackdisciple(m): 12:12pm On Oct 28, 2023
Well if she insist I will allow her it's simple
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Chukwunonso1: 12:15pm On Oct 28, 2023
Let her just attempt to, we are Africans- that's part of the test.... But I will disallow her.... Even my mother (or any other reasonable mother won't allow her.

Let her just make the moves ni
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Amonijosh1: 12:17pm On Oct 28, 2023
In Africa, if you don't join her, means u don't know the definition of opportunity..
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by wittywriter: 12:19pm On Oct 28, 2023
Fahvvy:
Depends on how serious the relationship is undecided...

KarinaSlim:
Stupid post.

Apt.

Wittyness.
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by boxypane(m): 12:24pm On Oct 28, 2023
Follow culture o. Join her in the kitchen. These off culture opinions.
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Lannyjoe4u: 12:28pm On Oct 28, 2023
If you need accommodation in Ado Ekiti like roommate. Hit me up. Preferable Females. But males can hit me up also
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Bavis4u: 12:29pm On Oct 28, 2023
It defers.
Some see it as desperation if you join in the kitchen and others will see it as a good lady with proper home training. (A girlfriend or fiancee)
But for me, I will prepare my parents (mom) mind that she's not here for that.
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by bonnyhope: 12:33pm On Oct 28, 2023
englishmart:
Mature mind only

As a lady your boyfriend took u to his family house for the first time and u met her mother cooking, are you suppose to join her in the kitchen or u seat as a visitor and allow her to finish the cooking and serve u ?
Remember it's the first time meeting the family

Sit, wait and eat the food because you are still a visitor and is your first visit.

After eating you can return the plate to the kitchen
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by CodeTemplar: 12:35pm On Oct 28, 2023
englishmart:
Mature mind only

As a lady your boyfriend took u to his family house for the first time and u met her mother cooking, are you suppose to join her in the kitchen or u seat as a visitor and allow her to finish the cooking and serve u ?
until the visitor gets invited or permitted into the inner parts of the house, she remains a visitor who doesn't know the response of the host when they get to know her better.
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Taiwojon(m): 12:41pm On Oct 28, 2023
What is the assurance that this boyfriend or girlfriend things will lead to marriage.

Take heed to your soul
Not all friendship lead to marriage.
So stop deceiving yourself with boyfriend or girlfriend stuff.

Seek the kingdom of God first and its righteousness
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by gigabyte13: 12:48pm On Oct 28, 2023
First time l took my babe then home, she is now my wife.....
I told her to join my mum in the kitchen
My mum bluntly told her that
You are not married to my son yet
You are only my guest for now
So please relax, enjoy yourself.

She sef shock
Me sef shock
Na my mama be her best friend now
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Essienjeremiah: 12:51pm On Oct 28, 2023
Because it is my first i will seat and wait for her to finish
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Tookool(m): 12:53pm On Oct 28, 2023
Simply ask, “Do you need a hand in the kitchen ma” If she obliges, then fine
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Tijani009: 12:55pm On Oct 28, 2023
pansophist:
As a boyfriend, you visited your girlfriend's parent for the first time, and met them arguing with the carpenter that they still owe him 20k for his workmanship.

Should the boyfriend pay the 20k, or not?
Of i am the father i am in an argument and you come pay, i will not forgive you ooo because you made me lose that argument, i tell you say i no fit pay the money?, i say i no day owe the guy e talk say i day owe am thwn you come pay makes me look like a lier and a wicked person who no day like pay workers so tou fall my hand
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Fiscus105(m): 12:57pm On Oct 28, 2023
illicit:

I am not

I wouldn't have commented on ur comment, but I choose wen I see likes.

Anyway , not surprised why Marriage are dropping like shafts .

Many of u not ready to Married permanently but to born and discard after a few years.
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by etzvictor: 12:57pm On Oct 28, 2023
on the first day of her visit, she is a guest and she would be treated as one, but for subsequent visitation, she can offer to help out in the kitchen.
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by streetsoldier1(m): 1:08pm On Oct 28, 2023
Dangrace01:
Join her in the kitchen. African mothers always use this to test their son's girlfriend.

Wetin the results of her test get to do with my decisions, abi if I marry her, she do dey live with us ni? Cos I no understand
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by spiritedtete: 1:12pm On Oct 28, 2023
If I am serious about her... she must join my mum in the kitchen... except my mum insisted.
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by maxiuc(m): 1:22pm On Oct 28, 2023
illicit:

I am not
are you going to live with her father, this last paragraph of yours no follow , you Made a good point but your paragraph spoilt everything
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by dbestuncle: 1:22pm On Oct 28, 2023
Do as you have been trained to do, ABI you know get home training ni undecided shocked shocked

englishmart:
Mature mind only

Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by illicit(m): 1:24pm On Oct 28, 2023
maxiuc:
are you going to live with her father, this last paragraph of yours no follow , you Made a good point but your paragraph spoilt everything

Is she gonna live with my mum?
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Kevineleven(m): 1:29pm On Oct 28, 2023
Hiv positive, that's a new life entirely, a dance of the Spirit known as surugede, that's what you and your boyfriend is about to start dancing.
There is this story of a couple that went for a hiv test, the result came out, the wife was confirmed to be hiv positive while the husband wasn't.
The husband started spreading the news to his family about how his wife is hiv positive and he was not, few months later the man became ill, he went for another hiv test, guess what, boom he has it , positive, right there the surugede dance started for him .
So madam, if you fvcked that young man, don't start rejoicing yet, your own surugede might be lurking but I pray that it will not be your story. Amen.
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Dchampion65: 1:29pm On Oct 28, 2023
Dangrace01:

Women against women.
I will not allow anyone to use my wife to be as an experiment.
Very disgusting.
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by NevetsIbot(m): 1:32pm On Oct 28, 2023
My mum didn’t allow her cook. My mum cooked for her the first time she was around and rejected her help when she offered. She started cooking right after though by first assisting mum in the kitchen to fully cooking on her own as the days passed
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by darealez(m): 1:33pm On Oct 28, 2023
englishmart:
Mature mind only

My mother will personally tell her to come to the kitchen. There's absolutely nothing wrong with assisting your mother, except you don't see my mother as your mother. It's a happy family, you're not regarded a guest even on day one, you're family. Nothing like test...just love.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Tested Her With A Small Slap Before Our Wedding And She Called It Off - Man / Toasting According To Profession (See How To Toast) / When A Girl Keeps Changing Boyfriends Like Clothes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.