Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,483 members, 7,812,496 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? (54825 Views)

Different Types Of Girls When They Are Visiting A Guy For The First Time. / In Case This Happens What Will You Do? / As A Lady If You Sponsor A Date And This Happens, What Will You Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Babastrong(m): 5:39pm On Oct 28, 2023
As omoluabi you have to join, though iya-oko will surely not gree give you turning stick to do amala or cook on your first visit. WAIT, APART FROM BEING MY WIFE, I GO TAKE YOU(FEMALE) GO MY HOUSE AND YOU WILL SEE MY MAMA COOKING BUT YOU WILL NOT PRETEND TO ASSIST HER. YOU DEY CRAZY BE THAT.
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by imagrg(m): 5:53pm On Oct 28, 2023
You are not a wife material.
Puss360:
In as much as I am the girlfriend of her son, to her, I am a visitor, coming to her house for the first time... she should cook and serve me....
Then we talk Nd familiarise ourselves...
On my next coming, I can then see if I can assist her in doing anything I can do
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Puss360(f): 5:55pm On Oct 28, 2023
imagrg:
You are not a wife material.
If a woman that slaves herself is now a wife material to you, then we aren't on the same page...
Besides, how you rate your wife is how others will rate them and see them..
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by izubext007: 5:56pm On Oct 28, 2023
U are not supposed to..... ladies who do that end up to be cat🐈 and rat🐀 with their mother in law. Observation is key
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by phemray(m): 6:19pm On Oct 28, 2023
Puss360:
In as much as I am the girlfriend of her son, to her, I am a visitor, coming to her house for the first time... she should cook and serve me....
Then we talk Nd familiarise ourselves...
On my next coming, I can then see if I can assist her in doing anything I can do

Anyway it depends on how long you and the guy have been dating. But generally Africans do keep seriously to first impression which they say ,do last longer. in case you don't have the opportunity of visiting again immediately. It does not mean that you are bad or disrespectful The memory might not be ok as African except you requested to assist and she said no(better).

But, if you have been calling n chatting her on WhatsApp showing her the kinds of your stuff, hair, clothings , cookings, bags, shoes etc. Then she will not really see u as first timer
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by BluntCrazeMan: 6:43pm On Oct 28, 2023
englishmart:
Mature mind only

As a lady your boyfriend took u to his family house for the first time and u met her mother cooking, are you suppose to join her in the kitchen or u seat as a visitor and allow her to finish the cooking and serve u ?
Remember it's the first time meeting the family
Girlfriend??
Visiting family house of the boyfriend for the first time?
If his people knew she was coming, then she was a special visitor.
So, all eyes will be on her.
His people would respect themselves, because that would be the same as respecting him and his special visitor.
So, she would sit there, as the novice and visitor she is.
If they just visited with the boyfriend giving a prior notice of visiting with her.
That means, his people were not expecting her.
She is now a STRANGER to them, and not even a visitor.
So, why would a stranger enter the kitchen? As-per what exactly?
So, in conclusion,, she shouldn't just enter the kitchen.. So far that is her first visit.
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by BluntCrazeMan: 6:44pm On Oct 28, 2023
Dangrace01:
Join her in the kitchen. African mothers always use this to test their son's girlfriend.
The African mother must be a trouble maker.

Like,, who does that?
Any lady you see with your son, the next thing, she's in your kitchen that same day they both came for the first time?
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Puss360(f): 7:08pm On Oct 28, 2023
phemray:

Anyway it depends on how long you and the guy have been dating. But generally Africans do keep seriously to first impression which they say ,do last longer. in case you don't have the opportunity of visiting again immediately. It does not mean that you are bad or disrespectful The memory might not be ok as African except you requested to assist and she said no(better).

But, if you have been calling n chatting her on WhatsApp showing her the kinds of your stuff, hair, clothings , cookings, bags, shoes etc. Then she will not really see u as first timer
Yes that's true... Africans do keep seriously to first impression...
But it's always good to set standard to your guy that you aren't a pushover... I'm sure his mother is aware that he is bringing me...
So she will prepare for my arrival..
At least let me feel comfortable..
I can assist to do the dishes after eating..
Then me and she talks and share minds....
But to begin enter house dey do househelp immediately, nooo... grin grin
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Ate247(m): 7:45pm On Oct 28, 2023
Dangrace01:
Join her in the kitchen. African mothers always use this to test their son's girlfriend.
my mom won't even allow you to join her in the kitchen. You're her visitor.
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by beardedboy(m): 7:48pm On Oct 28, 2023
illicit:

So if u met him mixing mortar to make blocks, or laying blocks to make a foundation for a new building

You will join him
Firstly, those are skilled tasks not basic domestic skills. How can you compare the two?
Secondly, yes I'll at least do whatever it is I can to help him even if it's helping him carry a thing or two.

There's no where in the world that watching an elder do something without trying to help is a good thing.

Away with the toxic wokeness.
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by IMPARTIAL: 8:04pm On Oct 28, 2023
Offer the woman help. Let her refuse. If she does not, continue.
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Honestfrend: 8:18pm On Oct 28, 2023
pansophist:
As a boyfriend, you visited your girlfriend's parent for the first time, and met them arguing with the carpenter that they still owe him 20k for his workmanship.

Should the boyfriend pay the 20k, or not?

This table when u dey shake na only 3 legs e get..

1 Like

Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by OLULAW: 10:12pm On Oct 28, 2023
Question coming from someone with no home training.
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Allfavours: 11:20pm On Oct 28, 2023
All this grammar wey full here,I hope say na so e be
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by franksam209: 6:31am On Oct 29, 2023
englishmart:
I will personally insist she doesn't do anything sha.
this is one way to know nairaland's children community lolz
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by franksam209: 6:34am On Oct 29, 2023
illicit:
As the guy I won't let her do such

And if my mum raised it, I will tell her she wanted to but I didn't allow it.

lolz I hope you will do this when the time comes
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by skedy1(m): 7:51am On Oct 29, 2023
Just be yourself.
If you're one that can't see an elderly or any woman cooking without helping, then help her. If you're still the one that can't do so, go on.

Just be yourself.
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Konjiboii: 11:44am On Oct 29, 2023
Dangrace01:

It's not just an African thing, a girl with good upbringing will make an attempt to assist even if it's the minute work like setting the table
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by BALLOSKI: 2:04pm On Oct 29, 2023
englishmart:
I will personally insist she doesn't do anything sha.
You want her to find your mom as her opponent for the rest of her life?
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Afolue(m): 2:26pm On Oct 29, 2023
She will be too forward helping out for the first time not even second
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by Echo50(m): 3:32pm On Oct 29, 2023
englishmart:
Mature mind only

As a lady your boyfriend took u to his family house for the first time and u met her mother cooking, are you suppose to join her in the kitchen or u seat as a visitor and allow her to finish the cooking and serve u ?
Remember it's the first time meeting the family

Wisdom demands that, you sit down and undergo the introduction process. With time, she will get use to the family and access will be given to her to cook but not on first visit. Abi you want to kill the whole family?
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by smasher1(m): 6:24pm On Oct 29, 2023
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool No be say some no go like help but 78% of Nigerian girls of this GENERATION no sabi cook..

Before pesin go add sugar inside PEPPER SOUP..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

All the girls I was interested in know how to cook. Perhaps they form the other 22%
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by franksam209: 12:15pm On Oct 30, 2023
Nigerians!!! Most of y'all making these rubbish comments will not try these rubbish when it their turn to meet their mother in-law, but will advice others who are not wise to do otherwise..
When you meet your mother in-law, you can sit in the parlour cross your legs and wait for her to finish cooking and serve you, and then you see first hand what happens next lolz, very funny..
Re: Your First Time Of Visiting A Guy, And This Happens. What Would You Do? by xtreme07(m): 1:29am On Oct 31, 2023
spiritedtete:
If I am serious about her... she must join my mum in the kitchen... except my mum insisted.
bros help me, pls.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

22 Hidden Signs Of A Gay Nigerian Man / I Tested Her With A Small Slap Before Our Wedding And She Called It Off - Man / When A Girl Keeps Changing Boyfriends Like Clothes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.