Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her (40317 Views)

Delta Doctors And Nurses Refuse To Attend To Accident Victim (Disturbing Photos) / Surgery Gone Wrong: Lady Bleeds From Her Buttocks After Fail Buttock Surgery / Fire At Enugwu-Ukwu General Hospital Mortuary. 50 Corpses Burnt To Ashes(Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by nlfpmod: 8:03am On Sep 30, 2023
Shared by H.E Mina Atambi Esq

Maitama General hospital refused to attend to my friend who was stabbed by a one chance driver in Abuja, they allowed her bleed to death and locked the emergency ward against her because she didn’t have a police report!! Nigeria has failed Greatness!!

Credit: @mina_atambi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efuuT9_0wpM

1 Share

Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by JASONjnr(m): 8:08am On Sep 30, 2023
A terrible situation...

13 Likes

Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by JASONjnr(m): 8:10am On Sep 30, 2023
We will never be able to get real time services, and saving lives with the laws guiding hospitals in Nigeria.....

Emergency units only function when it involves the political class.....

181 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by ISTP: 8:14am On Sep 30, 2023
Oh my goodness. Damn it. 🙁

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by Nbote(m): 8:14am On Sep 30, 2023
The truth is that Nigeria happens to us all eventually one way or the other. In as much as hospitals fail time and time again in its duty which is saving lives, the fear of the Police and its unprofessional harassment is the beginning of wisdom for an average Nigerian

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by ThugCheetah(m): 8:15am On Sep 30, 2023
I have said it before. There should be a strict punishment for hospital that turn down patients with emergencies. I pray a senators child falls victim like this, only then will someone do something about it. How can you call yourself a hospital when you don't attend to emergencies?

162 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by Westerhoffe(m): 8:15am On Sep 30, 2023
shocked angry
Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by halaqasa: 8:15am On Sep 30, 2023
I thank God the day I left this country.

MorataFC:
Roberies, attacks in foreign countries are worst
Make una no kon dae 🧢 for me Abeg.In a working state, shey this woman suppose die? This is a death that could have been averted abegi.

115 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by ogaontop(m): 8:15am On Sep 30, 2023
Chai, this is bad, where will she get the report by that time of the night?
Knowing fully well that she was heavily bleeding, the hospital could have administered first aid to save her life!
Nigeria happened to her!!

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by Beverages: 8:16am On Sep 30, 2023
Wetin dey always worry this hospitals 🏥 self?

11 Likes

Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by Akalia(m): 8:16am On Sep 30, 2023
Heartbreaking

8 Likes

Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by cassidy1996(m): 8:16am On Sep 30, 2023
May her soul rest in peace, Nigeria failed her

9 Likes

Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by Bluearrow: 8:16am On Sep 30, 2023
This one chance of a thing is now becoming very rampant in Abuja

27 Likes

Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:16am On Sep 30, 2023
Soon our hospitals will be asking for police report for small injuries

7 Likes

Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by MorataFC: 8:16am On Sep 30, 2023
[s][/s]Haba
Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by Procashtips(m): 8:17am On Sep 30, 2023
How on earth do you as a medical practitioner watch someone you could have saved die just like that?

What exactly is your professional ethic?

66 Likes

Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by Dinmba637: 8:17am On Sep 30, 2023
Too bad

2 Likes

Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by P1PrinceKT(m): 8:17am On Sep 30, 2023
Last 2 weeks I saw report like this one, the same people refuse to take care of the accidentee, and they're still working without any government intervention

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by ecolime(m): 8:17am On Sep 30, 2023
Emergency ward rejected a dying patient? shocked

Heads need to roll seriously.

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by MorataFC: 8:17am On Sep 30, 2023
halaqasa:
Robberies or attacks in foreign countries are the worst
Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by sureboykris(m): 8:17am On Sep 30, 2023
Na wa
There are many reason this could happen
Number one is that the hospital might not even have the capacity to take care of such emergency

There's also a possibility the lady is already dead . But hospital staff should learn to communicate properly.

As for police report, hospitals have been asked to treat while waiting for report. But fear of harassment from police won't let them

In all , Nigeria has a long way to go

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by BIGTinfotech: 8:17am On Sep 30, 2023
Nigeria failed you Greatness!

3 Likes

Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by wdacharley(m): 8:18am On Sep 30, 2023
Yoruba ronu

2 Likes

Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by cassidy1996(m): 8:18am On Sep 30, 2023
Trustrf38f:
;
scammer
Una nor day tire

1 Like

Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by Bolu004(m): 8:18am On Sep 30, 2023
I thought NASS has passed a law abolishing Police report on emergency cases.
RIP to the dead, Nigeria happened to her.

29 Likes

Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by Goodlyhrt(m): 8:18am On Sep 30, 2023
Zoo for a reason

6 Likes

Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by ecolime(m): 8:18am On Sep 30, 2023
halaqasa:
Congrats to you but I am 100% sure you dropped your Naija attitude at the airport.

The problem of Nigeria is Nigerians.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by famology(m): 8:18am On Sep 30, 2023
Police report for knife injury?

9 Likes

Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by SpecialAdviser(m): 8:19am On Sep 30, 2023
These are the kind of incidents that demand youth protest in a sane country.

Never knew this yeye police report still exist.
Even a criminal deserve treatment for proper investigation.

32 Likes

Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by VaginaAcademic: 8:19am On Sep 30, 2023
Country no get 911 ambulance service. oya dem carry patient come hospital una no still treat am, suspect wey police shoot for abroad dem still dey treat am sef...failed country

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by GanagiBitrus: 8:19am On Sep 30, 2023
Problem is anything operated or run by Government in Nigeria is an epitome of Inefficiency, Negligence & Corruption.

14 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abdulsamad Rabiu Donates Ambulances, 20 Vehicles To Kano COVID-19 Taskforce / Woman Dies After Gynaecologist Mistakenly Cuts Her Intestines During Childbirth / Separated Conjoined Twins Arrive Bayelsa, Get N1m For Upkeep (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.