Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her (40340 Views)

Delta Doctors And Nurses Refuse To Attend To Accident Victim (Disturbing Photos) / Surgery Gone Wrong: Lady Bleeds From Her Buttocks After Fail Buttock Surgery / Fire At Enugwu-Ukwu General Hospital Mortuary. 50 Corpses Burnt To Ashes(Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by Fiscus105(m): 8:36am On Sep 30, 2023
Police report of stabbing and not gunshots patient?

U never say exact what happened OP.
Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by regenerateman(m): 8:36am On Sep 30, 2023
This is too sad! If the person is even an armed robber, the hospital should treat him under surveillance and get in touch with the police.

1 Like

Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by ruggedtimi(m): 8:39am On Sep 30, 2023
Most times put the blame on the police...cos the police will end up arresting the healthcare workers especially if is a criminal case and the victim turns out to be the suspect.

1 Like

Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by matm: 8:39am On Sep 30, 2023
They shld have taken her to a private clinic.

1 Like

Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by SIRKAY98(m): 8:39am On Sep 30, 2023
YOU HAVE THIS EMERGENCY YOU DEY GO GENERAL HOSPITAL?
Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by kingthreat(m): 8:40am On Sep 30, 2023
A general hospital built with taxpayers money reject an accident victim and left her to die.
Heads need to roll for this.
Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by EdiskyHarry: 8:40am On Sep 30, 2023
Nigeria is a failed nation.
Just pray that nothing should happen to you that will warrant you going to the public hospital.
Doctors and nurses there are worse than Satan.
Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by PARADIZEPRIEST: 8:41am On Sep 30, 2023
SO SAD THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN. WHAT POLICE REPORT IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN SAVING HUMAN BEING FIRST.
WHAT SORT OF WILD ANIMAL LAW IS THAT? AND WHO MADE THAT LAW? THIS IS NOT DONE IN AMERICA OR ANY SANE COUNTRY angry
Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by SpaceAngel: 8:42am On Sep 30, 2023
This doesn't make sense. Government hospital rejecting stab wound and not even gunshot. This is traumatic and the victim was left to die.

I'm sure after that the morgue will gladly take the corpse and the Hospital management will deny the news or possibly say she was brought in dead.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by DeepSight(m): 8:42am On Sep 30, 2023
sureboykris:
Na wa
There are many reason this could happen
Number one is that the hospital might not even have the capacity to take care of such emergency

There's also a possibility the lady is already dead . But hospital staff should learn to communicate properly.

As for police report, hospitals have been asked to treat while waiting for report. But fear of harassment from police won't let them

In all , Nigeria has a long way to go

Be there. You think its just police report. You will be shocked that even if there was that, they would watch her bleed to death if payment has not been confirmed.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by Benekkk: 8:45am On Sep 30, 2023
ThugCheetah:
I have said it before. There should be a strict punishment for hospital that turn down patients with emergencies. I pray a senators child falls victim like this, only then will someone do something about it. How can you call yourself a hospital when you don't attend to emergencies?
I understand your position but the truth is that Nigeria police are the root cause of this problem. The so called lawmakers packing all the money Nigeria doesn’t have should urgently create laws sanctioning the police whenever they arrest people who are only trying to help just to extort money from them!

1 Like

Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by Alpharey: 8:45am On Sep 30, 2023
"OUR BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY" crew, oya come and explain. It is not by your village man ruling the country. The earlier you realize that you are on your own in this country the better.
Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by thatigboman: 8:46am On Sep 30, 2023
sureboykris:

Do you think stab wound is just a cut
Do you know the level of injury
What if the organs in the tummy have been affected and she's bleeding inside
Intestine can be cut , liver , spleen etc
It's not a chemist kind of thing for her to have died.
I know many General Hospitals are not functioning optimally. I don't know about maitama though
maitama general hospital is fully equipped to handle the case. Fully equipped, I know the hospital. Just that they were asking for police report before attending to the patient.

1 Like

Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by blackboy(m): 8:47am On Sep 30, 2023
I am not surprised. Many Nigerian hospitals even the National hospital are death traps or killing places in disguise. Nurses and doctors don’t care attitude ( most ). It’s like I’m just here Buying time or waiting for next level . pBAT should look into overhauling the hospitals if the evil past president preferred him and his family and friends when he was poor to destroy Nigerian hospitals and be travelling abroad for medical treatment while Nigerians are left with death traps called hospitals
Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:47am On Sep 30, 2023
Englishisamust:
Not again!!! Very useless country. God my make my japaa goals happen🙏🙏🙏🙏
Somebody in hospital must have gave the order not to treat her because she comes from another ethnic group
Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by thatigboman: 8:48am On Sep 30, 2023
matm:
They shld have taken her to a private clinic.
if govt hospital can reject her, is it private clinic that will accept her?
Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by Alpharey: 8:48am On Sep 30, 2023
victory36:
It's a pity. You can't blame the hospital though, they know what they are avoiding.

What are they avoiding.

1 Like

Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by Looking4massage: 8:48am On Sep 30, 2023
these are things nigerians are supposed to protest about. but instead they will be protesting shit like naira marly
Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by amah4game: 8:49am On Sep 30, 2023
May it happen to those who denied her medical response. The first aim is to save lives whether innocent or guilty, criminal or not! Any legal tussle should be settled after tackling the emergency. Assuming she is a criminal, won't she be needed alive to follow up the case? If the case is an innocent citizen, won't she be needed alive to follow up with the case ? . Oh nigeria! You never done but you don de burn!
nlfpmod:
Shared by H.E Mina Atambi Esq

Credit: @mina_atambi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efuuT9_0wpM
Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by Oluwazeezu(m): 8:49am On Sep 30, 2023
Police report bi ti bawo
This country has turned to something else
Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by Moneyboyz: 8:49am On Sep 30, 2023
nlfpmod:

That's terrible, it's the height of unprofessionalism, the least they could do is give first aid and ask questions later.
Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by themanderon: 8:50am On Sep 30, 2023
The hospital will now come up with lies as their alibi. That's the Nigerian way of doing things. Rip to her. Nigeria doesn't surprise us anymore.
Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by topfally75(m): 8:50am On Sep 30, 2023
This is the kind of situation that needs everyone attention. It can happen to anyone, honestly this is worth protesting for. Nigeria is a failed state.
nlfpmod:

Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by Englishisamust: 8:50am On Sep 30, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Somebody in hospital must have gave the order not to treat her because she comes from another ethnic group

This is what kill one of my brother friend!!!
Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by PrinceOfLagos: 8:50am On Sep 30, 2023
Only in Nigeria
Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by Dennisochampa: 8:51am On Sep 30, 2023
Save lives first... Ask questions later...
While treating her, call the police just in case she's a criminal.
The hospital should be shut down and the nurse who said they can't attend to her should be charged for man slaughter
Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by densiks: 8:53am On Sep 30, 2023
I sympathize with the deceased and her close humans.
It's unfortunate that this kind of situation keeps happening in our clime but couldn't the people who helped her to the Maitama hospital have found another hospital around the very moment they realized the hospital wasn't ready to administer emergency care on her??
Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by victory36(m): 8:55am On Sep 30, 2023
Alpharey:

What are they avoiding.
police query
Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by occfx: 8:55am On Sep 30, 2023
ThugCheetah:
I have said it before. There should be a strict punishment for hospital that turn down patients with emergencies. I pray a senators child falls victim like this, only then will someone do something about it. How can you call yourself a hospital when you don't attend to emergencies?

Blame the idiots at the top... Leave innocent hospitals alone. If you have voted for an idiot before especially the current idiot then you are also guilty of the fraud.
Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by Sk5050: 8:57am On Sep 30, 2023
Nigeria is a failed state.
Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by fabolouz1(m): 8:59am On Sep 30, 2023
Why can't simple laws be obeyed in this country ? Wasn't there an order that hospitals should treat patients even if it's from gunshots without waiting for police report?
May her soul hunt those heart hearted medical practitioners who watched her die.
Re: Lady Bleeds To Death As Maitama General Hospital Refuses To Attend To Her by JagabanB: 9:02am On Sep 30, 2023
halaqasa:
I thank God the day I left this country.

Make una no kon dae 🧢 for me Abeg.In a working state, shey this woman suppose die? This is a death that could have been averted abegi.
People have died like this in ur supposed working state.
U all like lame comparison so much instead of tackling the issues at hand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Separated Conjoined Twins Arrive Bayelsa, Get N1m For Upkeep (photo) / 10 Takeaways From Briefing By Akin Abayomi, Today / Woman Dies After Gynaecologist Mistakenly Cuts Her Intestines During Childbirth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.