Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,884 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

He Wants To Marry Me, But He’s A Married Man!!! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / He Wants To Marry Me, But He’s A Married Man!!! (27958 Views)

My Girl Said She Can't Marry Me Yet While I Stay In Selfcon, Anything Wrong With / Don't Marry Me If You Won't Allow My Relations To Stay Or Visit Me. / You Must Marry Me - Lady Tells Married Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Wants To Marry Me, But He’s A Married Man!!! by bukatyne(f): 1:25pm On Oct 02, 2023
Acidosis:
Your experience is one of the reasons to avoid dating older men. The generational gap is weird. Imagine the nonsense he is sending to you, a 40 year old man with many garbage, still virgin hunting while acting like a clueless toddler. He wants the Regina but can't be the Ned. Shame.

Calm down, you would find someone within your age group.

@bold:

Warris? 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣 😂 😆 😄 🤣

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Marry Me, But He’s A Married Man!!! by Kajaard: 1:26pm On Oct 02, 2023
Jovialjune1:
To the Op, why do you still entertain his calls or any communication with him? Why will you even come here to seek advice on a married man in the first place? This is an open and close case, tell him straight up that you will never have anything to do his sorry aśs anymore then delete his number, firmly tell your family you will be the one to choose who you will spend the rest of your life with, not them.

Because she is desperate to get married and her family is pushing her as well. Two red flags if you ask me.

It's this Nigerian societal pressure when it comes to marriage that makes some women make very wrong and hasty decisions that they end up regretting all because they want to get married.

6 Likes

Re: He Wants To Marry Me, But He’s A Married Man!!! by Pitto: 1:27pm On Oct 02, 2023
You have a great life ahead of you. So, why match making you. Be open minded, friendly and prayerful. Your man will walk up to you

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Marry Me, But He’s A Married Man!!! by happney65: 1:27pm On Oct 02, 2023
Married Man?

O fe do e ni o. If you don't understand Yoruba that's your own problem not mine

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Marry Me, But He’s A Married Man!!! by bukatyne(f): 1:27pm On Oct 02, 2023
Nengiraw:
Thank you!! I felt the age gap was too much and he was already coming for me in a weird manner. if I missed his calls. When I call him back, he starts being mad that I missed his calls, and it was not just normal calls, it was video calls, and I told him I didn’t like video calls, yet he will be blasting my phone unannounced with it.

Why exactly did you open this thread?

You don't want a married man; you don't want an older man; he has several red flags etc.

What exactly do you want us to deliberate?

3 Likes

Re: He Wants To Marry Me, But He’s A Married Man!!! by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 02, 2023
PaulNwosu:

Are you sure your family isn't owing him money?

E reach to ask 🤣🤣🤣

3 Likes

Re: He Wants To Marry Me, But He’s A Married Man!!! by ednut1(m): 1:29pm On Oct 02, 2023
Your family does not like you

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Marry Me, But He’s A Married Man!!! by Mcslize: 1:32pm On Oct 02, 2023
I don't have anything to say but I will like to correct one wrong impression in your write up.

A 40 years old man is still a young man and such a man is not too old for a 25yrs old lady.

Reason being that majority of you ladies always look older than your age. By the time you give birth, you won't be looking young.

Birth always make ladies look older in appearance. After 1, 2 to 3 kids, no one will even notice that age gap between you and any 40 yrs old man.

If you marry your age mate, you will look like his aunty due to female hormonal inbuilt after bearing a child.

So, desist from that mindset of saying a young man of 40 yrs old is too old for you.

3 Likes

Re: He Wants To Marry Me, But He’s A Married Man!!! by FireUpNow(m): 1:32pm On Oct 02, 2023
The question is do you want to marry a married man?
Re: He Wants To Marry Me, But He’s A Married Man!!! by gentposh: 1:33pm On Oct 02, 2023
Nengiraw:
Hello nairalanders, please I need help on this situation. So I’m a lady in her mid 20’s. I’m actually very much set for marriage in the eyes of my family, since society deem it fit to place marriage as an achievement for women, and always bring up your age to remind you to. Anyways, it’s not a priority for me to get married now, as I feel like I’m not ready mentally,and I have a lot of trauma to work on, but I’m also open to it, if it’s in my face and ready. I don’t stay in Nigeria, so my family don’t know if I have a man in my life, so they decided upon themselves to introduce me to a man who is my uncle’s friend that stays in the same country as me. They were more focus on the fact that he comes from a neighboring village from us and that he was a doctor. (Meanwhile he’s actually a nurse, but he told them, that he was a doctor, he also never mentioned to them that he was married and had a child, before they decided to introduce him to me)

So we eventually started talking on WhatsApp, he saw some of my pictures already and he was mesmerized. In fact he was already kind of making me his wife in that moment. So one day he called me and we were just talking,and I heard like a toddler crying so bad and needed his attention, I asked him who was that , he told me it was his daughter, there was this awkward silence for almost five minutes of us not saying anything, so I told him I’ll call him back. I called my mother that day and was mad as hell, that they didn’t disclose such information to me, but from my mother’s reaction she had no idea, and she was also mad and she told me, she will call me back, so she could verify from my uncle, since that’s his friend. Even my uncle too had no idea. To cut the whole story short, he later called me the next day on a video call, and he started telling me about his wife( Yes! She’s still his wife, because I don’t think he has divorced her yet)and how abusive she was, and how he tried to make it work, but she was so crazy and stuff like that. That he’s actually trying to get shared custody of the child. That he’s no longer married to her. I was not really having it, because I just felt like he wasn’t being honest with certain things and on top of that his wife is still in the picture, and I don’t know if I want to settle for that. Also he just turned 40, and I’m 25. So the age gap is too much for me. Also I have not met him in real life, cause he stays in a different state from me, my family still wanted me to be open minded until I see him in person, then I could make a decision if I want him or not. He always sends me pictures of his daughter, and he recently sent me one with his first wife and daughter, I was surprised that he did, and he said he wanted to show me the daughter instead. I still felt like I didn’t need to see a picture of her. I started seeing the red flags of him that I couldn’t settle with. Also the way he talked about the wife was vulgar, and I felt like he didn’t need to tell me about her in that manner.

Now the most recent thing he started doing was sending me random stuff about marriage to my WhatsApp. I usually glance at it,and don’t reply, cause I don’t know why he’s sending me that. The one that gave me a major big red flag from him, is when he sent where Regina daniels( the actress who married Ned nwoko) was talking about marrying her husband a virgin and how it’s important to be a virgin. He then asked me if I was one. Honestly I felt really numb, because I don’t know why he will be asking me stuff like that, when he didn’t really get a respond back from me, he proceeded to send another message telling me, “No mind them sha, virgin no sabi. With a heart eye emoji. I was dumbfounded, I didn’t know how to reply to him anymore. I stopped picking up his calls and I have no intention to meet up with him anymore. Now my family is mad at me, saying that at least I should see him in person, but I don’t want to. In fact I’m no longer interested in him. Please am I wrong for feeling the way I feel? Thanks.

Can we be friends?
Re: He Wants To Marry Me, But He’s A Married Man!!! by bukatyne(f): 1:33pm On Oct 02, 2023
PaulNwosu:

Are you sure your family isn't owing him money?

grin cheesy grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: He Wants To Marry Me, But He’s A Married Man!!! by 89Elpazziano(m): 1:34pm On Oct 02, 2023
Nengiraw:
Hello nairalanders, please I need help on this situation. So I’m a lady in her mid 20’s. I’m actually very much set for marriage in the eyes of my family, since society deem it fit to place marriage as an achievement for women, and always bring up your age to remind you to. Anyways, it’s not a priority for me to get married now, as I feel like I’m not ready mentally,and I have a lot of trauma to work on, but I’m also open to it, if it’s in my face and ready. I don’t stay in Nigeria, so my family don’t know if I have a man in my life, so they decided upon themselves to introduce me to a man who is my uncle’s friend that stays in the same country as me. They were more focus on the fact that he comes from a neighboring village from us and that he was a doctor. (Meanwhile he’s actually a nurse, but he told them, that he was a doctor, he also never mentioned to them that he was married and had a child, before they decided to introduce him to me)

So we eventually started talking on WhatsApp, he saw some of my pictures already and he was mesmerized. In fact he was already kind of making me his wife in that moment. So one day he called me and we were just talking,and I heard like a toddler crying so bad and needed his attention, I asked him who was that , he told me it was his daughter, there was this awkward silence for almost five minutes of us not saying anything, so I told him I’ll call him back. I called my mother that day and was mad as hell, that they didn’t disclose such information to me, but from my mother’s reaction she had no idea, and she was also mad and she told me, she will call me back, so she could verify from my uncle, since that’s his friend. Even my uncle too had no idea. To cut the whole story short, he later called me the next day on a video call, and he started telling me about his wife( Yes! She’s still his wife, because I don’t think he has divorced her yet)and how abusive she was, and how he tried to make it work, but she was so crazy and stuff like that. That he’s actually trying to get shared custody of the child. That he’s no longer married to her. I was not really having it, because I just felt like he wasn’t being honest with certain things and on top of that his wife is still in the picture, and I don’t know if I want to settle for that. Also he just turned 40, and I’m 25. So the age gap is too much for me. Also I have not met him in real life, cause he stays in a different state from me, my family still wanted me to be open minded until I see him in person, then I could make a decision if I want him or not. He always sends me pictures of his daughter, and he recently sent me one with his first wife and daughter, I was surprised that he did, and he said he wanted to show me the daughter instead. I still felt like I didn’t need to see a picture of her. I started seeing the red flags of him that I couldn’t settle with. Also the way he talked about the wife was vulgar, and I felt like he didn’t need to tell me about her in that manner.

Now the most recent thing he started doing was sending me random stuff about marriage to my WhatsApp. I usually glance at it,and don’t reply, cause I don’t know why he’s sending me that. The one that gave me a major big red flag from him, is when he sent where Regina daniels( the actress who married Ned nwoko) was talking about marrying her husband a virgin and how it’s important to be a virgin. He then asked me if I was one. Honestly I felt really numb, because I don’t know why he will be asking me stuff like that, when he didn’t really get a respond back from me, he proceeded to send another message telling me, “No mind them sha, virgin no sabi. With a heart eye emoji. I was dumbfounded, I didn’t know how to reply to him anymore. I stopped picking up his calls and I have no intention to meet up with him anymore. Now my family is mad at me, saying that at least I should see him in person, but I don’t want to. In fact I’m no longer interested in him. Please am I wrong for feeling the way I feel? Thanks.

My dear run for your precious life while you still can. The man has so many skeletons in his closet plus you are the one who would be getting married and on the receiving end not your parents, so make the big decision for your self and if your parents don’t like it pray hard for God to let them see reasoning to. Don’t tell me their own parents made the big decision for them? You don’t even need to see or meet him in person unless you don’t like yourself. My one cent of advice.
Re: He Wants To Marry Me, But He’s A Married Man!!! by icedbreez(m): 1:34pm On Oct 02, 2023
Don't do it sis.

Red flags everywhere.
Re: He Wants To Marry Me, But He’s A Married Man!!! by pohef79137: 1:36pm On Oct 02, 2023
You really need to calm down over this matter. You will find one who is yours. Marriage is not like this abeg

Re: He Wants To Marry Me, But He’s A Married Man!!! by BloodyDoe(f): 1:36pm On Oct 02, 2023
The kind of men i hate most are the married ones,that lies. I'm also in a situation like yours. Too much redflags from the bobo yet my family are bothering just because he's based at Canada. The blackmail and stress made me give all of them 100 yards space. I want a marriage where i will be a piority,be loved and be truthful too. Not the type i'll receive credit alert for every busted lie. What then will happen to me if i marry him to satisfy especially my mother. Poverty elevation scheme my foot.

5 Likes

Re: He Wants To Marry Me, But He’s A Married Man!!! by frankson1(m): 1:38pm On Oct 02, 2023
Jovialjune1:
To the Op, why do you still entertain his calls or any communication with him? Why will you even come here to seek advice on a married man in the first place? This is an open and close case, tell him straight up that you will never have anything to do his sorry aśs anymore then delete his number, firmly tell your family you will be the one to choose who you will spend the rest of your life with, not them.

You people are talking plenty because she will go out with this man.

If what she posted is true then, there is no need for her to bring the matter here to seek for advice and even keep communicating with him.

If she's not decisive at her age, she has no business with even going into a relationship not to talk more of marriage as she has proven not to be matured enough.

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Marry Me, But He’s A Married Man!!! by Iyanuoluwa007: 1:39pm On Oct 02, 2023
Nengiraw:

Run oooo...
Re: He Wants To Marry Me, But He’s A Married Man!!! by onadana: 1:39pm On Oct 02, 2023
Acidosis:
Your experience is one of the reasons to avoid dating older men. The generational gap is weird. Imagine the nonsense he is sending to you, a 40 year old man with many garbage, still virgin hunting while acting like a clueless toddler. He wants the Regina but can't be the Ned. Shame.

Calm down, you would find someone within your age group.

Sure,someone within her age group that will ghost her,lie to her,give her emotional trauma because he wants to sow his wild oaths,even hit her.Attributes of young love,but that's not to say there are no good ones but they're few and in-between.

2 Likes

Re: He Wants To Marry Me, But He’s A Married Man!!! by PaulNwosu: 1:40pm On Oct 02, 2023
bukatyne:

grin cheesy grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin
Jovialjune1:

E reach to ask 🤣🤣🤣

Cos I can't imagine a 40-Year old man on the verge of mid-life crisis behaving like a attention-starved fool and the girl's mother and family are behaving like the man's employees.

I suspect the lady is from Anambra. Once they see their kinsman who is a doctor, they automatically divorce commonsense.

3 Likes

Re: He Wants To Marry Me, But He’s A Married Man!!! by adspelite(m): 1:41pm On Oct 02, 2023
Op you no well.
Go make Dem check your head.
You see red flags everywhere but you still relate with him.

Back to the point
Your family won't live with you if you marry him
You are not a kid
You know what you want
You don't know him
You don't trust him
You are single he is already married
Your family knows nothing about him
You won't enjoy him
Your life is in danger⚡
You may be killed by him
You may die by the hand of his wife
You are already a side chick as it stands.
You can save yourself.

Let me advise you.
Show him a picture of some handsome guy, tell him your with the person and that infact you both had previously co-habited and will settle down by next year.
If you need fine boy photo just talk, we fit edit you put beside the person make it look real.

We build

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Marry Me, But He’s A Married Man!!! by frankson1(m): 1:41pm On Oct 02, 2023
Mcslize:
I don't have anything to say but I will like to correct one wrong impression in your write up.

A 40 years old man is still a young man and such a man is not too old for a 25yrs old lady.

Reason being that majority of you ladies always look older than your age. By the time you give birth, you won't be looking young.

Birth always make ladies look older in appearance. After 1, 2 to 3 kids, no one will even notice that age gap between you and any 40 yrs old man.

If you marry your age mate, you will look like his aunty due to female hormonal inbuilt after bearing a child.

So, desist from that mindset of saying a young man of 40 yrs old is too old for you.

From her long post, it's only the age that's your problem undecided... I understand sha

2 Likes

Re: He Wants To Marry Me, But He’s A Married Man!!! by whodeyhere: 1:42pm On Oct 02, 2023
Nengiraw:

You do not need to meet up with him if you don't feel comfortable to. if I were you, I would choose me first and disregard what my family want since they wont be living with me in marriage. If your account of the story is accurate, then the man is not honest and seem not to be a good person. I wont trust anyone painting his once LOML bad in front of another lady. I am also not a fan of big age difference, my opinion though.
Re: He Wants To Marry Me, But He’s A Married Man!!! by UnemployedGradu: 1:42pm On Oct 02, 2023
Nengiraw:

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Marry Me, But He’s A Married Man!!! by frankson1(m): 1:44pm On Oct 02, 2023
Foodqueen:
Am surprised that u are still in communication with him.

Stop picking your parents call for some time, they will get the message.

The babe is already in love. There are certain things you don't have to seek for others opinions before taking decisions and her matter is one of them. It's just straight forward and nothing to consider.

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Marry Me, But He’s A Married Man!!! by okoroemeka(m): 1:44pm On Oct 02, 2023
Nengiraw:

you are not wrong,the man is insensitive and a narcissist,if he cannot manage the first wife you may end up like that,lies, concealments and deceit is not the best foundation for trust and love to grow,I don't know how desperate you are to get married but I am seeing same red flags you saw,but you can still take the chance and change him if possible,no one is perfect,but he will divorce the first wife first

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Marry Me, But He’s A Married Man!!! by Creamypie(m): 1:44pm On Oct 02, 2023
Nengiraw:

my sister, I beg u in the name of God, take it that u never met him, and face forward.no be your parents, uncle or some other family members go marry am.

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Marry Me, But He’s A Married Man!!! by GUNITGuy: 1:44pm On Oct 02, 2023
Then tell him you can't be married to him it's simple .....Men have been facing rejection from your gender but if it's a woman she can't take being ignored by men....
Start a relationship with a guy you want and let him know about it he would forget you immediately....
Stop showing your pics on WhatsApp status to remind him of yourself or gain unnecessary attention like most of you like doing yet you don't need the men you are gaining attention from...

Finally block his number don't ever collect his money na curse you dey use dey play..
P ...
Re: He Wants To Marry Me, But He’s A Married Man!!! by Sonnobax15(m): 1:44pm On Oct 02, 2023
shortgun:
Dear OP,
I've carefully read your post and it's unfortunate to see that all your conclusions about this man are drawn from subjective opinions and intuition.... it's all in your head

I strongly recommend you meet this man first in person before making any decisions that might lead to conflicts with your family.Dont listen to many commenter who want you to call your mother's bluff, I urge you not to dismiss the concerns and considerations of your family, particularly your mother. No mother would willingly lead her child into a life of suffering, especially a girl.

The age gap between you and this man should not be a cause for concern, there are countless happy couples with age gaps exceeding 30 years. An older man will bring tolerance, understanding, and experience in dealing with a women's emotions. Girls keep making this mistake of I am too young or he's too old until she becomes too old and he will still be eligible, the biological clock of a man and a woman is not the same.
At early 20 you are at your prime as a woman and the man is at his prime at 40.

It would be wise for you to give the man time to address any lingering issues with his first wife or baby mama. It's not uncommon for men to make bad choices driven by naivety and inexperience in their early relationships.
Furthermore, it's important you understand that time may not be as abundant as you believe or made to believe. You're not as young as you might think. Soon, you'll be approaching 30, and that age brings a different set of troubles and pressure, It's not unusual for girls as young as 17 to be managing households.
The path you want to tow or pushed to tow has played out countless times and the girls usually didn't come through as winners.
..........shortgun
. Nigha,what kinda advice is this?

Abi didn't you read where the op said he's a married man,and with a child?

If the op were your sister, would you have given her this same advice abi na another person pikin fit crase? undecided

6 Likes

Re: He Wants To Marry Me, But He’s A Married Man!!! by bukkysam(f): 1:45pm On Oct 02, 2023
Your family are wicked set of people.
Don't allow them to force you into a wrong marriage.

Listen and listen well the worst thing after hellfire is a bad marriage.
Don't fall into one you are still young.

God bless you

2 Likes

Re: He Wants To Marry Me, But He’s A Married Man!!! by sparkleboy(m): 1:45pm On Oct 02, 2023
After all those red flags you’ll be dumb to actually settle for a relationship with him!
The age difference alone is a no no! And the fact that he’s still married!!!!
My dear run oo
Are you in the US?
Nengiraw:

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Marry Me, But He’s A Married Man!!! by chinze(m): 1:46pm On Oct 02, 2023
From all indicators he is not a responsible man

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Who Are The Parents Of 2 Children Found Wandering In Enugu? (Photo) / For Women: Career Before Marriage Or Marriage Before Career? / Abandoned Baby - Benkingsley Humanitarian Act( Then And Now )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.