Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,849 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? (44361 Views)

How Do I Relocate Abroad. HELP!!! / A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by GambaOsaka: 1:34pm On Oct 03, 2023
spiSeyi:
Wealth is only made by solving big problems and you can only build wealth in an environment with more problems because you will have a lot of problems to solve.
Have you ever imagined why big Chinese and Indian firms are penetrating Africa, especially Nigeria .
Only 2-5% of the black race have a sense of mission and that is why we have a few billionaires.
Those who japa lack the sense of mission and all they want is to live a life of daily bread undecided. and I can tell you that japa will not make anybody wealthy but just get them some basic comforts in life. The 100k USD some folks are receiving as yearly pay abroad is what Dangote and the likes pay for a night stay in hotels grin. The bottom line there is nothing wrong with living for daily bread and creating generational wealth because it is a matter of choice. cool

Cool down bro
$100k per night ?
Where?
Is it located in heaven ?
Haba
Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by OlujobaSamuel: 1:39pm On Oct 03, 2023
Gerrard59:

I maintain my stance. The wealthiest reside in their dominant environment as that is where they are most likely to generate their wealth. They will have passports of developed countries to ease navigation, but residing permanently? No, it does not make sense. It is an aberration.

Wealthy Nigerians can afford those services. It is why they are wealthy. But why reside outside your dominant environment when those services could be provided in your environment? Wealthy Chinese employ domestic servants ditto wealthy Americans. Any supposedly wealthy person who cannot do so is not wealthy.
You are right oo. I met a woman that lives in VGC, all through my encounter, the woman was talking to someone on phone, talking about how they couldn't get first class ticket on British Air because they booked late, that they had to settle for Rwand Air as that's the only flight available with a first class ticket for their timing. Within 2wks, travelled to n fro about twice, all on first class, saying the place na only for vacation, here na to make money, that the family can't be far away from where the money is. I later recollect seeing a boat anchored to the house at the back, I just conclude on making as much money too oo, make me too no see Japa as making it
Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by InvertedHammer: 1:40pm On Oct 03, 2023
essentialone:
Why do most wealthy Nigerians prefer to live in Nigeria than to relocate abroad permanently?
/

If you mingle with the right clique in Nigeria, you will be wondering if it is the same Nigeria everyone is complaining about. It will cost wealthy people 100000x or more to live the same lifestyle abroad. Have you heard anyone in Nigeria earning in dollars complain? They keep quiet and enjoy their lives.

/

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by Brexxit(m): 1:41pm On Oct 03, 2023
You mumus claiming Nigeria is easy to make wealth, how many of you dickheads commenting on this thread have even made billions since Nigeria is easy to make wealth.

Y'all had better face your fuel subsidy removal suffering and leave abroad guys alone.
Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by Bizibi(m): 1:45pm On Oct 03, 2023
You expect someone who has assets of 200 billion naira and connections in Nigeria to relocate abroad. Maybe i am the odd here but abroad is for vacation and business,no matter how hard things are now there are some persons that are making money in this same Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by BreconHills(m): 1:46pm On Oct 03, 2023
madone:
In abroad you can't have line in house help, you can't have a gate man. You can't have a washer man, all these domestic staff are not easy come by. But in Nigeria you csn have as much as you want and still maltreat them.

Mind you some people can't do without house help.

You could simply have said labour is cheaper here and left it at that.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by kennethesan(m): 1:51pm On Oct 03, 2023
Ego in most cases...it is here that they can be seen as wealthy not outside there....

On a lighter note, life is cool here...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by Princewill1(m): 1:52pm On Oct 03, 2023
To answer your question; It is because they are super rich and financially stable.

There is no point for them to permanently relocate abroad to go search for what they already have.

I have written on this severally, Apart from Business men, what about celebs? are they relocating? The No.1 and major reason Nigerians are immigrating is purely due to ECONOMIC REASONS.

It's not because of Insecurity.
It's not because of poor infrastructure in the country.
It's not because of poor health care system.

Forget about the talks, solve a Nigerian man money problem and see return to enjoy his money.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by occfx: 1:58pm On Oct 03, 2023
essentialone:
Why do most wealthy Nigerians prefer to live in Nigeria than to relocate abroad permanently?

To oppress the poor... Put it this way, why do politicians like to live in Nigeria but service the body abroad
Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by zomby(m): 2:02pm On Oct 03, 2023
madone:
In abroad you can't have line in house help, you can't have a gate man. You can't have a washer man, all these domestic staff are not easy come by. But in Nigeria you csn have as much as you want and still maltreat them.

Mind you some people can't do without house help.

Bro, I don’t know if the abroad you’re referring to is here on this planet.

Apart from the lawlessness on ground in Nigeria, you can have everything you have in Nigeria in other parts of the world. Domestic workers are also very available.
You can even bring all your domestic workers right from Nigeria.
Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:03pm On Oct 03, 2023
justwise:

You can if you can afford it.
with how much wey some pple de use small children
Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by buzweb: 2:03pm On Oct 03, 2023
Business. Their business. Even though these businesses run across Africa and rest of the world, here is the headquarters. So why will someone relocate abroad when his business is here.
For some people saying you can't do shit abroad, that's not true. Corruption and all vices are everywhere. It's just our own is too obvious and there is no system to checkmate that.
Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by Bluntemperor: 2:06pm On Oct 03, 2023
opera1:
Because is always better to be a king in your village than being a slave in a city.
GBAM!
Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by damzy88: 2:06pm On Oct 03, 2023
spiSeyi:
Wealth is only made by solving big problems and you can only build wealth in an environment with more problems because you will have a lot of problems to solve.
Have you ever imagined why big Chinese and Indian firms are penetrating Africa, especially Nigeria .
Only 2-5% of the black race have a sense of mission and that is why we have a few billionaires.
Those who japa lack the sense of mission and all they want is to live a life of daily bread undecided. and I can tell you that japa will not make anybody wealthy but just get them some basic comforts in life. The 100k USD some folks are receiving as yearly pay abroad is what Dangote and the likes pay for a night stay in hotels grin. The bottom line there is nothing wrong with living for daily bread and creating generational wealth because it is a matter of choice. cool
Very well said.
Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by backtovillage: 2:08pm On Oct 03, 2023
As a rich man in Nigeria. You have multiple Ak 47 surrounding you wherever you go.
Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by munaco: 2:14pm On Oct 03, 2023
The super rich people in Nigeria gets their cake from the government, so living abroad means no national cake for them. The lost of the bread maker most time eradicate the name of the looter
Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by laluski(m): 2:16pm On Oct 03, 2023
justwise:

That is why Nigeria is doing impressively well

Simple
Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by sunboy(m): 2:17pm On Oct 03, 2023
Africa and maybe South America… are the best places to enjoy the best quality of life “if you have money”
Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by youneedjesus: 2:18pm On Oct 03, 2023
People wey dey japa wetin them dey look for?
Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by Lordatkinson: 2:21pm On Oct 03, 2023
Because most of them (not all) are getting their ill gotten wealth from the country and going scot-free. If they try go abroad and do what they are doing in Nigeria, they will have themselves to blame.
Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by Ubanz: 2:24pm On Oct 03, 2023
Because it's cheaper to live in Nigeria more than in Europe or America.
Besides many wealthy Nigerians made their money abroad.
A wealthy family of 4 cannot survive in the West with $5,000 a month, but in Nigeria $1,000 will go a long way.
With $500 you will pay your driver, security,many and other domestic staff salaries etc.
With another $500 you will stock ur kitchen to the brim. Can you do that in Europe or America? Naa.
They also want to avoid huge tax.
Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by chaloskyx: 2:26pm On Oct 03, 2023
lol they dont live permanently in Nigeria what they do is make money in Nigeria have thieir kids and family overseas and shuttle back and forth but if they have no meetings or business dealings in Nigeria they are overseas relaxing. for them Nigeria is like a cow they only associate themselves to the country to milk it for its finnances which they take abroad to enjoy. to them Nigeria is still a shit hole to make money but not to live and raise a child.
Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by winner37(m): 2:30pm On Oct 03, 2023
To keep oppressing the poor
Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by Originalsly: 2:30pm On Oct 03, 2023
They built their wealth in Nigeria... and have to maintain it. Why would you move away from the source of your wealth? The wealthy in any country do the same. Then the freedom in Nigeria ... and bonus freedom that comes with wealth ... and the power that comes with wealth... power to have you living above the law .... to which country an our wealthy go to enjoy just a quarter of these freedoms? Look at Trump ... with all his wealth... all his power ... his worldwide notoriety ... his family history of wealth .... rising to the pinnacle of power ... the President of the Free World ... but yet he does not enjoy the freedoms of wealthy Nigerians who have not reached such heights. .... and here he is ... fighting tooth and nail to avoid going to prison. Which wealthy Nigerian can ever be faced with a quarter of these problems in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by Quebec91(m): 2:31pm On Oct 03, 2023
Sadly naija is the best place to live in when you have enough money and can afford abroad vacation at any fucking time.

We only japa for better lives and opportunity naija dont or hardly give
essentialone:
Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by Chetas81(m): 2:31pm On Oct 03, 2023
justwise:

You can if you can afford it.
Kindly mention the one you remember
Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by gomol: 2:32pm On Oct 03, 2023
why should they relocate abroad?
Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by Procashtips(m): 2:35pm On Oct 03, 2023
justwise:
[/b]

Say that to Diezani Alison-Madueke or Abacha family, how are they enjoying it?

From how many thousands of them?
Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by isreal012(m): 2:36pm On Oct 03, 2023
In Nigeria, they live like king and queen. Some of them even behave like God Almighty most times. some of them na Samilarry while some are the Marlians in the abroad, everyone is equal to the same task, no matter your wealth.
Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by Charly68: 2:41pm On Oct 03, 2023
Because it is cheaper to make money here than anywhere in the world ..Ask Dangote and the politicians
Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by theamazonguru(m): 2:44pm On Oct 03, 2023
essentialone:

Some people can't do without house help? So absurd!

Very true.
I once lived in a compound of 6 flats.
3 families had house helps.
Once one help leaves they get another one.

I wonder why they can't live without house helps.
I have never had house help in my 13 years of marriage.
I proposed getting one this year to my wife.
She bluntly refused.

Naturally also hate the idea of house help for very personal reasons.
But I just thought I need to compensate madam for the many years of endless house chores.
But if she says she is not complaining that she is fine without any help,ómó I am the most blessed, because me self I no like that idea of domestic help.

They are the surest way to see finish.
They easily connive with those outside to steal or inflict pains on you that's even if they don't orchestrate your death.
Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by Angrigowt: 2:44pm On Oct 03, 2023
Tax system in nigeria is a slap on their wrist,compared to abroad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mention The Funniest Bus-stops You've Ever Heard / Digital Map Of Nigeria / Cities And Town / Hawker Falls Off A Bridge In Lagos After Being Hit By A Danfo Bus. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.