Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? (44314 Views)

Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded / How Do I Relocate Abroad. HELP!!! / A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by Coronavirus1: 1:03pm On Oct 03, 2023
Because Nigeria is the mostly cheapest place to live in the world rich people have immunity in Nigeria
Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by creativehubb: 1:03pm On Oct 03, 2023
loswhite:
They are wealthy because the government decided to empower them with the nations wealth at the expense of the citizens. In Nigeria you can fraudlent wealth and no one will question you. All their source of wealth has nothing to do with special innovation. Otedola wealth is as a result of refinery not functioning for years. Dangote wealth is from the time of Obasanjo that gave him a monopolistic market for 200 million ppl. Folunrunsho the lady got wealth as a gift from IBB. This set of ppl are holding Nigeria as a country hostage but unfortunately they are the ppl we celebrate every day.
Lots of wealthy people in Lagos, not everyone has government connections, people make money via business, developments etc.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by Melezenawii: 1:05pm On Oct 03, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Shhh. Please don't loud it. Let the japa crew continue to deceive themselves and ignore sane counsel to them. They will be alright las las.

The japa crew should have asked why no single diasporan Nigerian has made the Forbes list in decades.

Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by captianfreeman(m): 1:07pm On Oct 03, 2023
OP, so you are expecting Dangote, Otedola, Adenuga and co to japa?

You dey whine?
Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by spiSeyi: 1:09pm On Oct 03, 2023
Wealth is only made by solving big problems and you can only build wealth in an environment with more problems because you will have a lot of problems to solve.
Have you ever imagined why big Chinese and Indian firms are penetrating Africa, especially Nigeria .
Only 2-5% of the black race have a sense of mission and that is why we have a few billionaires.
Those who japa lack the sense of mission and all they want is to live a life of daily bread undecided. and I can tell you that japa will not make anybody wealthy but just get them some basic comforts in life. The 100k USD some folks are receiving as yearly pay abroad is what Dangote and the likes pay for a night stay in hotels grin. The bottom line there is nothing wrong with living for daily bread and creating generational wealth because it is a matter of choice. cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by loswhite(m): 1:10pm On Oct 03, 2023
creativehubb:

Lots of wealthy people in Lagos, not everyone has government connections, people make money via business, developments etc.
I did not say all Nigerians make fraudlent wealth. The ppl I mentioned go and check. People make money via business and development every day in foreign countries. It is not news. An averaged worker can stay in a beautiful house and beautiful environment and also enjoy basic amenities in the US while driving a good car and family having access to health care and education. I do not leave in Nigeria and trust me I would not want my children to grow up in an environment where their prayer points is in the midst of suffering my case will be different.....lol. it will favour me and my family...Ppl leave good life in good environment with normal jobs.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by Treadway: 1:10pm On Oct 03, 2023
ednut1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru4ymVKibyg?si=MQg4uiYtX6XBH1Ca see Otedola on a bus in UK some years ago. Some rich men cant stand it when no one sends them hahahaha
lol. Ote na real nigga that switches up for the fun of it. He did similar thing in Naija, not even in the BRT, but a molue! Risky as phuck, but he pulled it off. Google it

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by Adakintroy: 1:10pm On Oct 03, 2023
Africans are naturally weak. The slave minds is one that is a given in nature. It belongs mostly to the weak things. Pay attention to the american political setup, It revolves around this two binary meaning "left and right"

The right are presumably the stronger things with their own set of psycho/mental attributes while the left are the weaker. Not weak" but weaker comparative with its own set too of attribute. When face with adversary's, the strength to overcome natural belongs to the right things since they are the stronger hence they retain territorialism

In covid episode, The right demand that people go out and confront. While the left demand people stay indoor. (Courage vs fear or restraint.) This from psycho behavioral point is the social manifestation that stem from this two separate binary. Using this sampling to broadly generalize, all of the weak things can be said to belong to a set hence naturally will manifest similar attribute. Same can be said for the strong things.

If you take a Nigerians for instance or african. The idea of travelling out or abandoning a territories is a behavior of weak things. Since I mention earlier that right or strong things hardly give up territories. A lion will attack at first site of intruder. While a dear will flee.

Abandoning territory at site of dangers however they may shape is the first sign of weakness yet African manifest it on a regular base. Nigerians and perhaps africans were the first to abandon Ukraine at the first site of danger..it would have been praise worthy for us to join them in their course given the immense benefits of education and well being we set out to seek from them. Consider it courageous and noble. But we are self seeking. Not courageous sacrificial men. We are weak it must be said.

The idea therefore to grow a nation is one given mostly to the right things in Death sacrifice and honor. ..intelligence alone do not cut it. Intelligence must be merge deep in courage and forthrightness to confront danger while retaining our space. Its a weak approach always seeking the white man for respite. We can conclude its were slavery itself begins.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by SmartPolician: 1:11pm On Oct 03, 2023
madone:
In abroad you can't have line in house help, you can't have a gate man. You can't have a washer man, all these domestic staff are not easy come by. But in Nigeria you csn have as much as you want and still maltreat them.

Mind you some people can't do without house help.

Stop writing what you know nothing about.

You can have all those abroad and even more, but they are paid per hour.

That means you will spend more to keep them overseas than doing same in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by opera1(m): 1:12pm On Oct 03, 2023
Allisgud:
na money Dem take dey do king

Just dey play. You think sey a month dem dey take do king àbi?
Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by justwise(m): 1:13pm On Oct 03, 2023
maasoap:

Lol. You have to be naive to have said this. This is because most of the looted funds are stashed abroad.

Say that to Diezani Alison-Madueke or Abacha family, how are they enjoying it?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by Mitsurugi(m): 1:13pm On Oct 03, 2023
essentialone:

Some people can't do without house help? So absurd!

It's true. Morbid as it is
Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by Muyiii(m): 1:14pm On Oct 03, 2023
First and foremost, their market is here ie. Consumers. Ironically as it might sound, Nigeria has one of the most relaxed tax rates and laws, so it’s safe to say it’s safe haven for tax invasion. Don’t forget also that corruption breeds room for the wealthy to thrive. Finally, it’s better be a lion in the jungle than a dog in the city.
Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by toprealman: 1:15pm On Oct 03, 2023
advanceDNA:
Why would u want to go to where tax is crazily high for the rich when u can be in nigeria, pay less, and flex on the poor...
The system is giving them free billions!
Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by hkidola00(m): 1:18pm On Oct 03, 2023
Gerrard59:

Using Forbes and Bloomberg, no black billionaire in all of Europe. Adebayo Ogunlesi could have been one, but he is not a dollar billionaire. Meanwhile, there are substantial British-Indians and British-Pakistanis who are dollar billionaires. If a black billionaire is to emerge from Europe, the UK is the most likeliest of places. I don't see France or Italy producing such. I for Impossicant.

BTW, which kind entrepreneurship una wey dey UK dey do sef? E get why I talk say Nigerians are not entrepreneurial. Close to or more than 300K British-Nigerians in the UK, no billionaire. God bless the US sha. If capitalism didn't dey, e didn't dey.

Dozy Mmobuosi is a nigerian billionaire in europe
Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by casualobserver: 1:20pm On Oct 03, 2023
madone:
In abroad you can't have line in house help, you can't have a gate man. You can't have a washer man, all these domestic staff are not easy come by. But in Nigeria you csn have as much as you want and still maltreat them.

You are wrong, they all have. If anything you get better quality vetted professional domestic staff abroad.

We are talking about rich people here. You are talking about average Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by ufotunang: 1:21pm On Oct 03, 2023
Because in abroad the bills and tax is high and the rule of law , judiciary, court is strong in abroad...if they misbehave and disobey the law in abroad they will be immediately be arrested, sued to court and jail... exmple like Ekeremadu that senator that is jailed in UK for organ harvesting....but in nigeria they can evade tax and if they misbehave or disobey the law in nigeria they cannot be jailed.. the rich, politcians, billionaires are stronger than the institutions in nigeria.. stronger than the EFCC, judiciary, court, stronger than the police sef
Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by amnesty7: 1:21pm On Oct 03, 2023
madone:

Even Ghana is abroad o.
Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by Fearyourcreator: 1:21pm On Oct 03, 2023
Curse777:
Go and read what Robert Mugabe of blessed memories said about London, UK and Europe compared to Africa
Where can I get that
Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by Caleb15(m): 1:21pm On Oct 03, 2023
Nigeria na Abroad if you get money
Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by Haddeyholler(m): 1:21pm On Oct 03, 2023
Coz they control Nigeria economy.....
Do you expect them leaving their comfort zone?
They can't control other countries economy, that's why they stay here.
Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by Fearyourcreator: 1:22pm On Oct 03, 2023
justwise:

They can't hide their wealth abroad but that can do that comfortably in Nigeria.

So money abroad dey keep for politicians na moon e dey ...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by Fearyourcreator: 1:24pm On Oct 03, 2023
Cizarr:
No one will do "Yes sir" for them over there.
Oponu ..
Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by creativehubb: 1:24pm On Oct 03, 2023
loswhite:
I did not say all Nigerians make fraudlent wealth. The ppl I mentioned go and check. People make money via business and development every day in foreign countries. It is not news. An averaged worker can stay in a beautiful house and beautiful environment and also enjoy basic amenities in the US while driving a good car and family having access to health care and education. I do not leave in Nigeria and trust me I would not want my children to grow up in an environment where their prayer points is in the midst of suffering my case will be different.....lol. it will favour me and my family...Ppl leave good life in good environment with normal jobs.
Africa is beautiful...it's the best place to stay, best weather, best food. Who like to suffer when you can do business here, have nannies and cooks, live the easy life, than sweating your ass abroad...that's why wealthy stays here.
Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by sukkot: 1:24pm On Oct 03, 2023
Well truth be told the wealthy have all japa at a point in time in their lives. All these rich people have all japad at a point in time in their lives. Only difference is that they had enough money to correct the mistake and return home. Even those who don't have enough money to correct the mistake and return home will eventually find out that they made a mistake. This is why you see all these people abroad trying to build homes in Nigeria because they desire the day when they can escape the prison and return home. To japa into a situation where you are a visible detested minority is a mistake that has to be eventually corrected if you do not want to be depressed. The rich fortunately have the resources to correct it but they just choose to vacation in those places after they return. But best believe every rich Nigerian has japad and lived abroad before. Tinubu in Chicago, gbajabiamila in Atlanta, ibori in London , etc etc

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by Fearyourcreator: 1:26pm On Oct 03, 2023
ednut1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru4ymVKibyg?si=MQg4uiYtX6XBH1Ca see Otedola on a bus in UK some years ago. Some rich men cant stand it when no one sends them hahahaha
Una go kidnap them ... una too lazy for here
Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by creativehubb: 1:26pm On Oct 03, 2023
sukkot:
Well truth be told the wealthy have all japa at a point in time in their lives. All these rich people have all japad at a point in time in their lives. Only difference is that they had enough money to correct the mistake and return home. Even those who don't have enough money to correct the mistake and return home will eventually find out that they made a mistake. This is why you see all these people abroad trying to build homes in Nigeria because they desire the day when they can escape the prison and return home. To japa into a situation where you are a visible detested minority is a mistake that has to be eventually corrected if you do not want to be depressed. The rich fortunately have the resources to correct it but they just choose to vacation in those places after they return. But best believe every rich Nigerian has japad and lived abroad before. Tinubu in Chicago, gbajabiamila in Atlanta, ibori in London , etc etc
Not all... number of Nigerians travelling as economic immigrants is less than 0.5% of our population...some travel for visits, holidays, shopping, business.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by franchasofficia: 1:28pm On Oct 03, 2023
The last time I checked, Femi Otedola and co spend more time abroad than they spend in Nigeria.

A rich person live everywhere.

Every rich person is a global citizen that spend time anywhere they desire while their business, investments and companies generate income for them.

Only few rich people who have phobia for flying confined themselves to one place and rarely travel around.

So op, remove your eyes from rich people's lifestyle and focus on liberating yourself financially, if migrating abroad will give you a better opportunity to work and make money to help your journey to financial freedom, please migrate and don't stay in Nigeria and be deceiving yourself that all rich Nigerians live in Nigeria whereas all of them have access to travel to any country they desire, and at different point in their life must have lived or studied abroad which helped them to become financially rich they are today.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by MatrixCircle: 1:29pm On Oct 03, 2023
Because they are lawless.
Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by creativehubb: 1:31pm On Oct 03, 2023
Raalsalghul:
Abroad is a serious leveller where both the rich and poor have the same access to amenities and infrastructure.

Unlike Nigeria, where they can Lord their wealth on the huge population stricken by poverty and get away with anything.
Lies, the bills tells the difference, a flat in London town main metropolis can cost as much as 2500 pounds a month, while in a run down country locality, you can live in same size flat for 1000 pounds. If you stay in both locality, you will quickly observe the difference. If you are poor abroad, you are living in a different world from the rich there. The rich don't eat greasy canned foods, don't ride the tube or bus.
Re: Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? by highchief1: 1:32pm On Oct 03, 2023
essentialone:
Why do most wealthy Nigerians prefer to live in Nigeria than to relocate abroad permanently?
abroad na to snap picture come back.some of us that have traveled know this.Besides it’s awkward to be above 50 and stl be abroad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mention The Funniest Bus-stops You've Ever Heard / Ekesons First Class Cabin In Road Buses Makes History / Digital Map Of Nigeria / Cities And Town

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.