Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,963 members, 7,821,383 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Marriage Or Business - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage Or Business (11544 Views)

Do You See African Girls With Big Stomach A Big Deal For Marriage Or Not? / Should I Go For Marriage Or Career? / Sex Before Marriage Or Sex After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Or Business by jubrilELsudan: 9:02pm On Oct 04, 2023
UncleKoboko:

You lack wisdom and common sense, and that's why you have been stagnant and unproductive.
Someone said he took back a whóre after she dumped him for two years, DO YOU KNOW WHAT HER BODYCOUNT WILL BE WITHIN THOSE TWO YEARS?

2, He forgave her, took her back and even married the bastarɗ.
After marriage, it's always one problem to another.

3, she complained about being lonely and jobless and the MUMU husband still opened business for her.
Now, she no longer attends to his needs as a wife, and you think he's asking too much and complaining.
All that you could think of is that the husband is insecure grin
I pity the miserable fooI that will end up marrying somebody like you.
Una always dey over value unasef. You think the world revolves around you grin
If God want destroy you completely, make you jam man like me, you will be very sorry you ever existed... I won't say more than that.

HEAVY THUNDER FIRE YOU

Re: Marriage Or Business by Luckysbab: 9:02pm On Oct 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Franxiz, don't mind these small boys whose worlds are still defined by their many losses in the game they think relationships are. You did nothing wrong. You can only try your best to make a relationship work. In the end, you cannot force anyone to remain in a relationship longer than they choose to or want to be in it for. This happens to everyone, male or female. undecided

He did everything wrong. Shut up!

You obviously want him to continue being foolish with the deception of "good heart" so you or one of your fellow selfish girls can benefit.

Nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Or Business by wunmi590(m): 9:05pm On Oct 04, 2023

I'm sorry to say, you are a mumu man, I'm a blunt man, in wike's voice "You dey smoke 🚬 Igbo....

A lady that suddenly left you for a whole 2years and called you suddenly to come and start another relationship with her, just because of 5min pleasure you went ahead to marry her...

Do you know what the former man has done in her body? Now she can't even give you a child and she even chose her busness before you...

Do you know if she has find out that she can't give birth again?

Nah wa for you young guys of now adays ooo, please move on with your life...

2 Likes

Re: Marriage Or Business by crossbreedwears(m): 9:05pm On Oct 04, 2023
Short advise.....Invest in business and when it starts booming, invest more for the future before thinking of marriage. Remember marriage is a life time thing and you've to be financially stable to an extent before you enter oh
franxiz:
Good evening wonderful people on the forum.

I just want to share my depression, regrets and failed marriage experience just to let out this load in my heart and move on with life. I will be brief and straight to the point

I met this lady back in our university days, we shared a lot in common and interest. The relationship was good till graduation when we both served in different states, some months into NYSC, she messaged me to forgive her actions and try to move on with life as she had found someone who is ready to settle down and since am still serving I need time to establish myself, that message broke my heart, I tried calling her but she block me on all platforms...

Fast-forward 2years later after NYSC, I got a call from a familiar number but was not sure who the caller might be.. wow it's her! After hearing her voice... before I could say anything, she was already crying and begging me for forgiveness on the phone etc, I tried acting like commando, but the love and fellings we shared took the better of me. I let the past and we started all over again.

Few years later, we are married no kids yet and no peace in the house, we can't spend one full week in a month happy as husband and wife without quarry and not speaking to each other, I have tried to find solution to this issues, but nothing, sometimes it's goes on for months... I have tried talking the her family about it our issues but they feel less concerned as if it's my cross, I have to bear it alone.

My problem began few months after our marriage, wifey complain of being lonely at home each time I go out for work and wanted a small business to run so as to support the family, good idea I though but am regretting it today. As wifey is so engrossed in this business and forgetting she has a husband to attend to, Monday to Sunday, even Christmas, easter, salla holidays, she goes to shop from 7am and comes back at night by 9 or 9:30pm with the excuse of traffic on the way or my supplies where bringing me goods so I have to wait for them to come...

Mine most worried issue is that she is not concerned in starting a family, each time I want her attention, all I get is am tired, body dey pain me, tomorrow we do it... but she can't fail to attend to her business matters even as late as 10:30pm she is ordering goods or calling her customs of the goods she has in store from her phone....

I finally man up and told her to choose between her marriage or Business, my people this lady shock me, she walked out of the marriage to focus on her business after wasting my time and resources...

It hurts but I will overcome this depression with time... thank you all and good night.
Re: Marriage Or Business by Honestfrend: 9:09pm On Oct 04, 2023
franxiz:

I just want to share my depression, regrets and failed marriage experience just to let out this load in my heart and move on with life. I will be brief and straight to the point

I met this lady back in our university days, we shared a lot in common and interest. The relationship was good till graduation when we both served in different states, some months into NYSC, she messaged me to forgive her actions and try to move on with life as she had found someone who is ready to settle down and since am still serving I need time to establish myself, that message broke my heart, I tried calling her but she block me on all platforms...

Fast-forward 2years later after NYSC, I got a call from a familiar number but was not sure who the caller might be.. wow it's her! After hearing her voice... before I could say anything, she was already crying and begging me for forgiveness on the phone etc, I tried acting like commando, but the love and fellings we shared took the better of me. I let the past and we started all over again.

Few years later, we are married no kids yet and no peace in the house, we can't spend one full week in a month happy as husband and wife without quarry and not speaking to each other, I have tried to find solution to this issues, but nothing, sometimes it's goes on for months... I have tried talking the her family about it our issues but they feel less concerned as if it's my cross, I have to bear it alone.

My problem began few months after our marriage, wifey complain of being lonely at home each time I go out for work and wanted a small business to run so as to support the family, good idea I though but am regretting it today. As wifey is so engrossed in this business and forgetting she has a husband to attend to, Monday to Sunday, even Christmas, easter, salla holidays, she goes to shop from 7am and comes back at night by 9 or 9:30pm with the excuse of traffic on the way or my supplies where bringing me goods so I have to wait for them to come...

Mine most worried issue is that she is not concerned in starting a family, each time I want her attention, all I get is am tired, body dey pain me, tomorrow we do it... but she can't fail to attend to her business matters even as late as 10:30pm she is ordering goods or calling her customs of the goods she has in store from her phone....

I finally man up and told her to choose between her marriage or Business, my people this lady shock me, she walked out of the marriage to focus on her business after wasting my time and resources...

It hurts but I will overcome this depression with time... thank you all and good night.

Bro I had such situation when I was in nysc too.. When she wanted 2 come back i told her 2 go back 2 where she is coming from.. Before a lady will leave u, go n come back 2 u... My guy thats not love.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Marriage Or Business by rickleye: 9:17pm On Oct 04, 2023
franxiz:

Yeah this will hurt . Personally, I would ask for the starting capital I gave her out of spite! Anyways.
That said - Calculating your ages
NYSC 24-26 + 2 years . You are both under 35 years.
I would have spoken to her and then her parents.
Before giving her the ultimatum.
That said the only reason a woman will choose her business over marriage in an African setting is because she has found your replacement . Likely one of her suppliers or business partners.
I really don’t see what you could have done differently.
Let by gones by bygones and hopefully you’ll find a decent one from amongst the Jennyclay and sapphire out there.
Re: Marriage Or Business by Segzy19: 9:30pm On Oct 04, 2023
Now you have learnt the lesson.
These ladies of nowadays always have hidden agenda. They don't love anyone...

She left you but came back begging, and you too accepted her... No! You don't take dem back...

Bro, Life is Life.
Take it in good fate and move on.
Now be selfish and focus on yourself.
Next time, be firm with any lady you wanna consider and also marry a lady that has invested in herself...not all these ones that you sharpen their teeth only for them to bite you with the same teeth

3 Likes

Re: Marriage Or Business by Luckysbab: 10:07pm On Oct 04, 2023
obiekunie01:

First and foremost, the shop is your shop.

START BY COLLECTING YOUR SHOP BACK.

you set it up for her bc she is your wife - as she ceases to be your wife, your next wife takes over the shop.

DON'T EVEN TALK TO HER, just call your lawyer and speak with him to go to court and collect and serve her a court summons.

WHAT I AM TELLING YOU IS THE LEGAL FACT.

The good thing is, she doesn't have any hold on you because she didn't bore you a child.

had it been she bore you a child, the court will say she needs the shop to take care of your child.

SHOCK HER OUT OF HER STUPID BRAIN BY SPEAKING WITH YOUR LAWYER TO GO TO COURT AND RAISE A COURT SUMMONS TO HER.

Don't be A MUGU TWICE to an olosho!

Good point.
Re: Marriage Or Business by saintruky(m): 10:53pm On Oct 04, 2023
@op no advise for you cos you are a MUMU MAN

1 Like

Re: Marriage Or Business by Wizpa(m): 11:53pm On Oct 04, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Rubbish 🗑!

How's it rubbish undecided
Re: Marriage Or Business by Kobojunkie: 11:55pm On Oct 04, 2023
Wizpa:
■ How's it rubbish undecided
There are no formulas as far as relationships are concerned, and there are no guarantees to be had. undecided
Re: Marriage Or Business by Wizpa(m): 12:00am On Oct 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
There are no formulas as far as relationships are concerned, and there are no guarantees to be had. undecided

When it happens to one of your male family members, tell him that. undecided
Re: Marriage Or Business by sulakishop(m): 2:33am On Oct 05, 2023
Who trust a woman to that extent?
Re: Marriage Or Business by KIDfurniture(m): 5:28am On Oct 05, 2023
Oga don chop breakfast !
Retrieve ur investment or let her go. Even if you don’t everything will crash someday. They are stupid and dumb .. it is possible she is in touch with her ex that bleeps very well and send him money sef. How did you even manage to enjoy her honey pot after running to another man for 2 solid years. Her beast must be flat already. U get mind oooooo.

franxiz:

1 Like

Re: Marriage Or Business by Kobojunkie: 5:53am On Oct 05, 2023
Lol..... see as small boys dey shoot say make OP retrieve his investment he gave to his wife during their marriage. You can easily tell that many or these are kids who have never been in a serious relationship let alone a marriage. Oya , tell OP to retrieve money wey him use by her gifts and panties as well. NONSENSE! lipsrsealed
Re: Marriage Or Business by AgentGoat: 6:48am On Oct 05, 2023
eniolorunfe:
Hmmm… after someone dumped you and blocked you on all platforms (big red flag), you still accepted her when she came back begging.

Na him kill himself make una no pity am.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Or Business by Fairview1: 8:57am On Oct 05, 2023
Is she from Edo State?

franxiz:

Re: Marriage Or Business by Slynation(m): 10:03am On Oct 05, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

As if half of the people are good enough for their spouses, going by your claims. Just because a person doesn't get married to who they intended to and they broke things off, it doesn't mean they aren't good enough. People break up for many reasons.

Maybe she should tell us why she focused solely on her business. You'd be surprised who was cheating, abusing or battering a lot and expecting to be taken back as if nothing had happened.

There's a lot nobody here knows except the OP. And his ex-wife, who on the forum to tell us her side of it.
Noted bro...a lot of things might have happened behind close doors. Thanks for pointing that out...🙌

1 Like

Re: Marriage Or Business by BRATISLAVA: 10:49am On Oct 05, 2023
defendedvictim:

I think we use the word 'slavery' in marriage a little too frequently and it's disturbing. Running a business and earning money for your use is not a slavery.
Using your capital(money) to start up a business in your name is never a crime. Deciding to put your wife to be in charge of the business is a trust. Every responsible man would will his fortunes and estates to his wife and children as a priority.
A man should learn to lead his family and take charge of things. This does not relegate a woman's role. Both men and women have their roles and where we have a lot of conflict is when one or both parties fail in their role.

In this case, the woman failed in her role as a wife..due to the business. If the business is in her name, she can do whatever she wants. If it is in his name, he can call her to order.
It is slavery, wherever you like it or not.

The reasons behind why you want it in his name indicates you aren't ready to be sincere about trust, rather you want him to position himself to be the "winner" and she will work towards it for him, but the day she doesn't meet up he will take away all she worked for. That is not trust. That, to any being, is a red flag. Especially a being you are married to. If it is agreeable, would he have liked to be in the position you believe she should have been in with your interpretation of "trust"? Would you? Certainly not.

What you are proposing is the genesis of marital problems engineered by men who don't trust their wives: power play.

If men and women have their "roles", why was he making her do business and not be a house wife? Are you forgetting it is his "role" to provide everything financial in his home, and her role is to birth and clean? A lot of you love talking about red flags when it appeals to your sentiment.

1 Like

Re: Marriage Or Business by defendedvictim(m): 11:01am On Oct 05, 2023
BRATISLAVA:

It is slavery, wherever you like it or not.

The reasons behind why you want it in his name indicates you aren't ready to be sincere about trust, rather you want him to position himself to be the "winner" and she will work towards it for him, but the day she doesn't meet up he will take away all she worked for. That is not trust. That, to any being, is a red flag. Especially a being you are married to. If it is agreeable, would he have liked to be in the position you believe she should have been in with your interpretation of "trust"? Would you? Certainly not.

What you are proposing is the genesis of marital problems engineered by men who don't trust their wives: power play.

If men and women have their "roles", why was he making her do business and not be a house wife? Are you forgetting it is his "role" to provide everything financial in his home, and her role is to birth and clean? A lot of you love talking about red flags when it appeals to your sentiment.

I get the point in your second paragraph. Apparently, she asked to start a business. It was not imposed on her by the man.

Every gender have their own red flags which should be looked out for. Looking through too, op mentioned that they always had quarrels which is another fundamental problem. We don't know what the quarrels were about...

The man's fault in all these is being beclouded by his emotions, and not being proactive to avoid this situation.

The woman's fault, among others is prioritizing the business over her spouse/family.
Re: Marriage Or Business by BRATISLAVA: 11:10am On Oct 05, 2023
defendedvictim:

I get the point in your second paragraph. Apparently, she asked to start a business. It was not imposed on her by the man.

Every gender have their own red flags which should be looked out for. Looking through too, op mentioned that they always had quarrels which is another fundamental problem. We don't know what the quarrels were about...

The man's fault in all these is being beclouded by his emotions, and not being proactive to avoid this situation.

The woman's fault, among others is prioritizing the business over her spouse/family.

By proactive you mean untrusting.

You said trust meant that he's experiencing all this, because if he had opened the business in his own name (if that is possible) he would've been able to pull the rug out from under her feet to teach her a lesson after she'd worked so hard to build the business. Effectively making her a slave who slaves at his pleasure. Even if she asked for a business, to set it up in your way is a recipe for marital failure. There's no winner in marriage.

Nigerian women are suffering as slaves in their marriages if this is the mentality of Nigerian men.

As for the true causes of their unions breakdown, on this forum men are always lying about what happened to their marriages, or too stuck in their ways to realize they have half of the blame.
Re: Marriage Or Business by generalgisbon(m): 11:49am On Oct 05, 2023
A lady that dumped your ass, then came back with fake cries probably because she couldn't stay in other relaionships. and possibly checked you out online and saw you are doing well.
Then your coconut head couldn't discern that she's fake.. you accepted..
C'mon now. there are many finer and reasonable girls out there..

Anyways, Una don marry. You have established her and she has dumped you again.. Hope you learn this time..

I no dey put hand for married people matter.

franxiz:

Re: Marriage Or Business by dontrulee: 12:05pm On Oct 05, 2023
To everyone, never marry anyone out of pity. Such marriage can never work out well.

Marriage out of pity can be in various forms one of which is what the op described.

Other forms include:
1. Your partner cheating on you and asking for forgiveness; that's pity and if you mistakenly accept them back thinking they'll change, you're in for a long ride because a time will come when they'll rub their infidelity on your face and blame you for accepting their flaws.

2. Your partner getting pregnant out of wedlock but you don't truly love her but because of pity on the unborn child you decide to settle down with her. If you eventually marry such, you'll see shege pro max.

3. A very disrespectful and abusive partner that you've warned countless times and they beg you and promises to change. You decide to give them a second chance out of pity, Omo you're in for a long thing. You'll see shege.

4. As a man, you decide to marry a single mother because you pity her and her child(ren) because she told you how irresponsible her baby father is, you're in for a long thing. After marriage, the so called single mother will transform into a devil and show you shege pro max.

Relationship and Marriage built upon the foundation of pity is bound to fail, something will always be wrong that you'll be finding it difficult to place What's wrong. In extreme cases, it will degenerate into a master/servant relationship. Pity in exchange for love is a detrimental relationship and the marriage can never and will never work
Re: Marriage Or Business by EZETEC101: 2:10pm On Oct 05, 2023
Destiny destroyers please watch out for them cool cool cool
From the on set you should have know that she is a Gold digger. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Marriage Or Business by Tyktoker: 2:34pm On Oct 05, 2023
You are in a serious problem! But if she is your wife and you both are meant to be just keep praying, chances are that she may have found another man who is already deceiving her! Our generation see marriage as just a means of making babies, a prove that you have arrived in life, forgetting marriage is a life time commitment. I'm sure when she left the first God was trying to save you but you were not sensitive enough. Pray about and seek God face, God can fix it!
franxiz:

Re: Marriage Or Business by Makenz25: 3:27pm On Oct 05, 2023
Your case is 90% similar to mine. Just take heart you come out of your depression stronger just the way I came out stronger now.
I always advise young guys, before you talk of starting a business for your wife make she don born like one or two children for you, e get why. Marriage favours women more in this generation. See now she have moved on with the business u set up for her without even a child for you, nah u loose las las.
In my case I told her to choose between her work and the marriage, she chosed her, immediately I seized everything from her shop. No child oh.
Like I said my story is just the same with urs the difference is that I seized the business from her and she left empty handed.
Re: Marriage Or Business by sync(f): 3:28pm On Oct 05, 2023
Sad
Even after you gave her a second chance, she still messed it up.
Re: Marriage Or Business by jackmrandy: 3:36pm On Oct 05, 2023
franxiz:

LET ME BE STRAIGHT THE MISTAKE YOU MADE WAS ACCEPTING HER BACK.. I HAVE SEEN THIS HEADING COUNTLESS TIME I DIDN;T WANT TO READ IT BECAUSE ANYTHING RELATIONSHIP MATTTER DON TIRE ME NOT TO CON TALK OF MARRIAGE. FEEL THE PAIN, FORGET ABOUT THE WHAT YOU HAVE SPENT FOR HER, GET ANOTHER WOMAN PREGNANT.
Re: Marriage Or Business by Kobojunkie: 3:43pm On Oct 05, 2023
Makenz25:
■ Your case is 90% similar to mine. Just take heart you come out of your depression stronger just the way I came out stronger now.
I always advise young guys, before you talk of starting a business for your wife make she don born like one or two children for you, e get why. Marriage favours women more in this generation. See now she have moved on with the business u set up for her without even a child for you, nah u loose las las.
In my case I told her to choose between her work and the marriage, she chosed her, immediately I seized everything from her shop. No child oh. Like I said my story is just the same with urs the difference is that I seized the business from her and she left empty handed.
You ceased her shop? That woman ought to get herself a good lawyer to come after you with. undecided
Re: Marriage Or Business by ThatKING(m): 5:05pm On Oct 05, 2023
I feel pity for you op
Re: Marriage Or Business by BigBashiru: 1:11pm On Oct 06, 2023
Makenz25:
Your case is 90% similar to mine. Just take heart you come out of your depression stronger just the way I came out stronger now.
In my case I told her to choose between her work and the marriage, she chosed her, immediately I seized everything from her shop. No child oh.
Like I said my story is just the same with urs the difference is that I seized the business from her and she left empty handed.

When shall we realize that marriage is outdated? Thats why she chose her business instead of the marriage....That's the truth....think about it.....
Re: Marriage Or Business by simplypj: 8:51am On Oct 31, 2023
You are lucky she did not bring a bastard for you to train from one of her customers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Breast & Ikebe!! Bold And Sexy Woman Strips Down To Celebrate Her Birthday!! / My Girlfriend Spread Her Legs And Asked Me To Shave Her Bushy Vagina, I Did This / I Just Broke Up With Her Here's Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.