Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,122 members, 7,811,155 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

What's Special About Iphone? - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What's Special About Iphone? (21367 Views)

Andriod Vs Iphone - 6 Reasons why People Are Most Crazy About Iphone Product / What's Special About The Iphone 8 Plus? / ​everything You Need To Know About Iphone 8, Iphone X, And The Rest Of Apple’s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Special About Iphone? by Kepukepu: 5:11pm On Oct 04, 2023
Jeboy:
It's lack of exposure and poverty mindset that makes you think iPhone is overrated. Common Egypt here I went to a program where people come from different countries.

Are you saying they are all wrong for preferring iPhone as their mobile phone choice.

The average 9ja guy or lady will rather bad mouth what they can't afford.

Tell people here to queue for new iPhone now you will see a long queue from Lagos to Adamawa state.
Truth is you like MacBook, iPhone and ios product but you are either materially or mentally broke to afford or recognized that it is good for your hard earned money.
I use HUAWEI P50. It cost N850, 000

It has a better camera then iPhone 14 and similar processing speed.
I can use this phone to snap the craters of the moon and even capture some planets when they are very close.

I don't like iPhone, you know why? It has many limitations

1 Like

Re: What's Special About Iphone? by Kepukepu: 5:12pm On Oct 04, 2023
finallybusy:
Broke child on Nairaland.
Okay 😂
Nigerians self.
My Huawei p50 phone will beat any iPhone you want to bring in features. I'm not even joking.
My Huwei phone has better Camera quality than any IPhone you ca mention. IPhone na bandwagon and as a tech person, it limits me. How do I explain that I must use a MacBook before I can share stuffs with my phone.
It's because you lack basic tech knowledge and that's why you think iPhone is the best phone, sorry, it's not.
I cannot run Linux operating system on my laptop because I'm using iPhone and I hve to use Mac or get a virtual machine to connect to, whta type of nonsense is thay because I Want to follow the iPhone bandwagon . Na dummies like you wey iPhone dey freak and not me
Re: What's Special About Iphone? by henrixx(m): 5:33pm On Oct 04, 2023
pseudonomer:

All flagship Android phones are as expensive as iPhones. The reason why many focus on iPhones is that Apple doesn’t produce mid-range or low-range iPhones, unlike Samsung, Xiaomi, and others. For example, the Samsung S23 Ultra is slightly more expensive than the iPhone 15 Pro Max.

Samsung, Google Pixel, LG, Xiaomi, OnePlus, Sony, and others have flagship phones that are often as expensive as iPhones, and sometimes even more so.
wrong! 15promax way more expensive than s23 ultra

1 Like

Re: What's Special About Iphone? by finallybusy: 5:38pm On Oct 04, 2023
Kepukepu:
Okay 😂
Nigerians self.
My Huawei p50 phone will beat any iPhone you want to bring in features. I'm not even joking.
My Huwei phone has better Camera quality than any IPhone you ca mention. IPhone na bandwagon and as a tech person, it limits me. How do I explain that I must use a MacBook before I can share stuffs with my phone.
It's because you lack basic tech knowledge and that's why you think iPhone is the best phone, sorry, it's not.
I cannot run Linux operating system on my laptop because I'm using iPhone and I hve to use Mac or get a virtual machine to connect to, whta type of nonsense is thay because I Want to follow the iPhone bandwagon . Na dummies like you wey iPhone dey freak and not me
Broke child on Nairaland.
Re: What's Special About Iphone? by DrAda(f): 5:40pm On Oct 04, 2023
pansophist:
Nothing.

Except camera, I honestly don't like it, and I regret buying an iPhone 14 Pro Max. I don't take it out, I use my techno daily. Also if the techno gets lost/got damaged, I am not much bothered, since it is cheap.

But if you are asking about Macbook, then I can't do without it. It is the best laptop there is, especially if you use the series with the M1 chips. From speed, internal storage, user interface, horsepower, display, etc

The Macbook M1 series is so beautifully made, that you begin to wonder if the Mac was designed by God himself.

I totally agree. Anyone using a macbook will never want to touch a windows laptop ever again. It is simply too beautiful for words and completely stress free.
Re: What's Special About Iphone? by Pharaohny: 5:47pm On Oct 04, 2023
A tech savvy person who isnt a camera freak know the right phone to use , no need arguing with kids grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What's Special About Iphone? by Pharaohny: 5:47pm On Oct 04, 2023
most people even havent used their phones optimally
Re: What's Special About Iphone? by IfritSpirit: 5:48pm On Oct 04, 2023
airsaylongcome:

iPhones are prone to failure. Ask around. I bought an iPhone 13 Pro last June. The screen is dead as I speak and I have had to switch back to my iPhone X. The iPhone X sef, I had to replace the battery
Well I don't know which one you buy, refurbish or new one.
Re: What's Special About Iphone? by IfritSpirit: 5:49pm On Oct 04, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Battery Health will last you 10 years?
You can replace it but you phone still stand strong compare to Android that started lost signal right after to thtee years of usage.
Re: What's Special About Iphone? by airsaylongcome: 6:18pm On Oct 04, 2023
IfritSpirit:

Well I don't know which one you buy, refurbish or new one.

Bought both brand new. And to be honest, it really doesn't matter if it was refurbed. I replaced my iPhone X battery and screen with an ifixit replacement that will stand it's own with an Apple OEM replacement.
Re: What's Special About Iphone? by airsaylongcome: 6:20pm On Oct 04, 2023
IfritSpirit:

You can replace it but you phone still stand strong compare to Android that started lost signal right after to thtee years of usage.

I don't understand. If I replace the battery on my Android, it would loose signal? Is this what you are insinuating? I have a Samsung S7 Edge from 2016 that is still standing strong today even after battery replacement.
Re: What's Special About Iphone? by Kendrick80(m): 6:20pm On Oct 04, 2023
Sadonyx:

So if the phone is about to be stolen it can chase the thieves away nah?
Find your iPhone works
Re: What's Special About Iphone? by airsaylongcome: 6:21pm On Oct 04, 2023
DrAda:

I totally agree. Anyone using a macbook will never want to touch a windows laptop ever again. It is simply too beautiful for words and completely stress free.

Hilarious. I'm a tech savvy person and would never touch a macbook with a 10 foot pole. There's more to tech than been "beautiful". Heck I work on command line most of the time and dint give a flying hoot about Apple's so-called smooth beautiful interface.

3 Likes

Re: What's Special About Iphone? by okoroemeka(m): 6:29pm On Oct 04, 2023
ednut1:
in the country of origin which is USA and other developed countries the iphone is like a 2 week salary from hustle job. You can also get it on monthly contract ( which majority of them do) . It is not iphones fault that exchange rate in Nigeria has been mismanaged. What you see as 1m phone which over 90% of Nigerians dont have in their account is chicken change in their own money.

You also have to understand economics they need to keep hyping the phone if not the money will go to Samsung and other asian brands.
don't hype these oyibo people too much,they buy what they cannot afford because of mortgage and credit facilities,but in Africa we pay hard cold cash for anything,if you don't have the cash you cannot afford it,a struggling person in Nigeria that buys iPhone of #1m to impress other people not for GWork has misplaced priorities,my former manager did just that bought an iPhone of #500k used it for 3 months and realized what a big fool he was,he sold it and got another cheaper infinix,cut your coat according to your size is the motto,even in dealing with women,go for your class and station.

4 Likes

Re: What's Special About Iphone? by Cromagnon: 6:36pm On Oct 04, 2023
Fearyourcreator:

$1k is chicken change... why them dey collect contracts phones mostly then? Am asking
$1000 is not chicken change

3 Likes

Re: What's Special About Iphone? by silento(m): 6:36pm On Oct 04, 2023
samsard:
I don't use an iPhone. But people focus on iPhone being expensive like S23 Ultra isn't well over a million naira too at full launch price.
Anyway, apps are better optimised for iOS and developers will release there first and the best. Social media apps generally work better with iOS.
They have the BEST smartphone processor right now, although high-end Android phones have more GPU power.
iPhones have the BEST video recording capabilities. Pixel could be argued to take better pictures though, although it's not a huge difference by any means. The iPhone however is the best all-rounder camera phone.
iPhones have the longest software support cycle of any smartphone phone.
iPhones have better resale value. Buy an S23 Ultra at launch price of say ₦1.3m and a iPhone 15 Pro Max at the same launch price and give them eight months, the Samsung would have depreciated by significantly more. PS: I use a Samsung S22+.
iPhones have the most efficient chipsets and last longer than comparable Android phones while using a physically smaller battery.
DxOMark rated the 14 Pro Max display as the most color accurate as of last year.
Because Apple doesn't produce budget phones and hardly drop discounts, iPhones have a premium posturing in the smartphone world.
Sapphire glass on iPhones is more durable and scratch resistant than Gorilla Glass on comparable Android phones.
Edited: Apple's iPhone glass is called "ceramic shield." I guess it's the Apple Watch Ultra's glass that's called sapphire glass. Still the strongest on any smartphone nonetheless.

So many wrong info ,
Re: What's Special About Iphone? by samsard(m): 6:40pm On Oct 04, 2023
silento:

So many wrong info ,
Point them out with your source and I'll start linking mine.
Re: What's Special About Iphone? by 0rion: 6:45pm On Oct 04, 2023
victorazyvictor:

Winch! grin

Agent of failure and doom.
Go and open ur own business than praying for others failure.

This got nothing to do with being a witch. This is how people become millionaires by reading or predicting the market. If I was trading then I could have short sell bb shares. The sams thing happened to Nokia when they advised Nokia to adopt android but the ceo with his coconut head believed in thier symbian is.

1 Like

Re: What's Special About Iphone? by DrAda(f): 6:47pm On Oct 04, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Hilarious. I'm a tech savvy person and would never touch a macbook with a 10 foot pole. There's more to tech than been "beautiful". Heck I work on command line most of the time and dint give a flying hoot about Apple's so-called smooth beautiful interface.

This is quite bizarre. I also work on the command line virtually every single day and I can assure you that going forward I will never use a windows laptop again
Re: What's Special About Iphone? by 0rion: 6:56pm On Oct 04, 2023
The day samung or any other brand/OS would incorporate 100% windows functions like Samsung dex . That would the end of apple 🍎
Re: What's Special About Iphone? by Blackdisciple(m): 7:10pm On Oct 04, 2023
Ask nigeria girls pls
Re: What's Special About Iphone? by kelvyn7: 7:15pm On Oct 04, 2023
pseudonomer:

It’s not significantly more expensive; it’s about a €50 difference. The S23 Ultra is priced at €1399, while the 15 Pro Max is at €1449. Prices can vary depending on where you are buying from.

Ok, cos your initial statement says Samsung s23 ultra is more expensive than iPhone 15pro max...which is not true, yeah.

Apple made the price of 15 same with the old 14
Re: What's Special About Iphone? by EngrJAO: 7:15pm On Oct 04, 2023
Benekkk:
20 years ago the gadgets we consider indispensable today were not even remotely in our imagination. We are all being programmed by advertising and social media like zombies. Truly I wouldn’t be writing this without internet and a mobile phone but must my life revolve around them? Can I live a good life without them?
This is for you.
For us who make a living through the use of this devices and the internet, we certainly think otherwise.
Re: What's Special About Iphone? by Kepukepu: 7:16pm On Oct 04, 2023
Abagworo:
As for me what I enjoy most about iPhone is data saving. The ability to turn off data for each app stands the ios out compared with android .
you think iPhone saves data and only iPhones can do this? 😂
Re: What's Special About Iphone? by 0rion: 7:21pm On Oct 04, 2023
kelvyn7:

Ok, cos your initial statement says Samsung s23 ultra is more expensive than iPhone 15pro max...which is not true, yeah.

Apple made the price of 15 same with the old 14

Apple 15 pro max just launched. You should have compared the launch price of Samsung s23 ultra
Re: What's Special About Iphone? by Hueyreckless0007: 7:21pm On Oct 04, 2023
Re: What's Special About Iphone? by Kucoin: 7:27pm On Oct 04, 2023
In the same vein, what is special about Benz, when Suzuki can take you to equal distance?

Button line is that, 8 out of 10 Nigerian IPhone users have insecurity issue.
Re: What's Special About Iphone? by airsaylongcome: 7:42pm On Oct 04, 2023
DrAda:

This is quite bizarre. I also work on the command line virtually every single day and I can assure you that going forward I will never use a windows laptop again

Unless you don't have to support Windows users, trust me you will have reason to get on Windows. I work mostly on Linux CLI and will never pick a Mac over a Linux powered PC
Re: What's Special About Iphone? by rickleye: 7:48pm On Oct 04, 2023
Collinz2:
I disagree with some of your points. Nothing like Android is too loose it's an open source for a reason so before anyone or apps can toil with your android you gave them the privilege.

Same with 3rd party apps you have to activate unknown source to be able to install them else you can only get apps from Google play store.

In terms of hacking there are news online with buggy iOS being hacked just like jailbreaking it's an act of bypassed system securities.

Android are now advanced, on my oppo phone there are some certain apps the phone won't run because it has the ability to bypass system securities.

Both iOS and Android are the same in my own perspective.

My only problem is the people shouting iphone up and down and I believe 90% of them don't know there are more the phone can offer than what they see. They made me believe you can send movies and play with external player or even music. I started using iphone recently and I discovered a lot people don't know about it. Yes you can send movies and songs with Xender and play then just like your android phone but many don't know that.

I'm not saying you are wrong bro

I’ve no qualms . At the end of the day it’s a preference .
Re: What's Special About Iphone? by ednut1(m): 8:03pm On Oct 04, 2023
okoroemeka:
don't hype these oyibo people too much,they buy what they cannot afford because of mortgage and credit facilities,but in Africa we pay hard cold cash for anything,if you don't have the cash you cannot afford it,a struggling person in Nigeria that buys iPhone of #1m to impress other people not for GWork has misplaced priorities,my former manager did just that bought an iPhone of #500k used it for 3 months and realized what a big fool he was,he sold it and got another cheaper infinix,cut your coat according to your size is the motto,even in dealing with women,go for your class and station.
40 dols monthly repayment for the contract phone is what they cant afford People who spend about 20 dols daily on junk food from Mcdonalds, Burger king and the likes. Ogbeni what are you saying na
Re: What's Special About Iphone? by kelvyn7: 8:04pm On Oct 04, 2023
0rion:

Apple 15 pro max just launched. You should have compared the launch price of Samsung s23 ultra

That was not our initial argument nau.
We were not talking about price at launch.
We were referring to current price.
Re: What's Special About Iphone? by seanwilliam(m): 8:28pm On Oct 04, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Not true. There are loads of people that have regretted upgrading their ios because it has lead to a drop in battery duration and noticeable slow down. Also Apple limits the version of OS that can run on their device. iPhone X for example cannot run iOS 17 whereas my old Samsung S7 Edge can run the latest Android
how this possible?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Which Bank Mobile USSD Have You Used B4 That Works Fine / Top 10 Keyboard Apps To Install In Your Android Smartphone 2018. / Help My Samsung Phone Fell Inside A Pool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.