Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

What's Special About Iphone? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What's Special About Iphone? (21432 Views)

Andriod Vs Iphone - 6 Reasons why People Are Most Crazy About Iphone Product / What's Special About The Iphone 8 Plus? / ​everything You Need To Know About Iphone 8, Iphone X, And The Rest Of Apple’s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Special About Iphone? by Collinz2(m): 2:39pm On Oct 04, 2023
rickleye:

It’s a preference .
You are either android or IOS or windows phone.
Before the big 2. I started with blackberry and playbook . But they were not compatible with anything else. No 3rd party software. So I dropped BB.
Went with iPhone it’s slick , easy to use, security features and has a good resale value .
I tried Android and it’s too loose - anyone can access and toil with OS and manipulate it. Basically Open source.
I like IOS because unless you jailbreak it which voids your warranty , it’s open to restricted 3rd party apps. Has Ms docs which I use for work and the interface is something I am familiar with. The camera isn’t as great as Android but I’ve never bought a phone because of the great pics it can take. It also pairs flawlessly with my IPhone watch .
And iPad. Also never heard it being hacked! The government and google are like 1&2.
I use an IPhone 13 Pro /max and won’t upgrade to 15 for another year or so. I don’t need a new phone every year.
I hate not having a home button though .
I disagree with some of your points. Nothing like Android is too loose it's an open source for a reason so before anyone or apps can toil with your android you gave them the privilege.

Same with 3rd party apps you have to activate unknown source to be able to install them else you can only get apps from Google play store.

In terms of hacking there are news online with buggy iOS being hacked just like jailbreaking it's an act of bypassed system securities.

Android are now advanced, on my oppo phone there are some certain apps the phone won't run because it has the ability to bypass system securities.

Both iOS and Android are the same in my own perspective.

My only problem is the people shouting iphone up and down and I believe 90% of them don't know there are more the phone can offer than what they see. They made me believe you can send movies and play with external player or even music. I started using iphone recently and I discovered a lot people don't know about it. Yes you can send movies and songs with Xender and play then just like your android phone but many don't know that.

I'm not saying you are wrong bro

5 Likes

Re: What's Special About Iphone? by Omoawoke2(m): 2:39pm On Oct 04, 2023
validplanet:
Apart from camera, what else is special about iphone?

Why do people spend so much on it?

They have managed to command a strong brand perception and general acceptance.

There is nothing special about iPhone. There’s nothing at all
Re: What's Special About Iphone? by IfritSpirit: 2:46pm On Oct 04, 2023
validplanet:

When you buy a new iPhone ( not UK used ) you can use it for 10 years without a fix. No other phone company can last that long.

You can buy iTunes card cheaply to put on your iPhone and make international payments instad of having to use debit card for payment. E.g Courser, AliExpress and so on.

Easy to fix and cheap. You dare not try to fix Samsung phones screen from Samsung galaxy s8 and earlier without having to pay 100k and above. With just 20k, you can fix your iPhone screen.

A person like me who like portable phones, only iPhone still makes one. I'm using iPhone 13 mini right now. Very portable, I so much love the size ( I hope Iphone continue to make it because with the way thing is, I'm surely not gonna buy iPhone 14 and 15 because the screen is too big for me. )

Strong 5G that supports any type of 5G ( if you're using Samsung midrange phones, you can't pick all type of 5G, only with Samsung flagship )

Inconclusion, you don't have to buy expensive iPhone, just buy any iPhone and you will enjoy all the benefits ( I'm using iPhone 13 mini, if you wanna enjoy same thing and you don't have 400k, you can buy a iPhone SE 2022 it's 230k NEW AND SEALED DIRECT FROM THE COMPANY)
Re: What's Special About Iphone? by Qatar2022: 2:46pm On Oct 04, 2023
validplanet:

When a poor man ask questions you will know

1 Like

Re: What's Special About Iphone? by Qatar2022: 2:47pm On Oct 04, 2023
0rion:
Iphones are a basically overrated. Not special at all
Poor man
Re: What's Special About Iphone? by Qatar2022: 2:48pm On Oct 04, 2023
validplanet:

Wow!

This means the company has hypnotized consumers into believing that they need iphone.

From the way people stay on the queue to buy new release.

The company is one of the richest in the world, so is Louis Vuitton.

Is it that easy to hypnotize people to pay so much for less value?
Do you mind those poor idiot
Re: What's Special About Iphone? by Collinz2(m): 2:48pm On Oct 04, 2023
cntabs:
Some reasons:

1. Good build quality: You can feel the quality just by holding an iPhone in your hand.
2. Second hand value: For whatever reason, iPhones tend to hold value more than competing brands.
3. iOS: This is debatable but IOS in my opinion is much smoother and more efficient than android. The user interface and experience is very good and is standardized.
There are fewer phones to support so it’s easier for app developers to make their iOS versions as excellent as possible.
4. Longevity: apple continues to release iOS updates for its older iPhones for a good number of years (5 to 6). Androids I had in the past released updates for a year or two and stopped.
This is very important for security as vulnerabilities are patched frequently. It’s no surprise that you find android phones infected with malware that pops up unsolicited adverts without recourse for the user.
5. Cameras: nothing to say here, cameras are decent.
6. Apple ecosystem: A major part of why Apple is successful is how well their various devices play together. Some examples: you can use your iPhone as a webcam on your Mac seamlessly, you can use your iPad as a second screen for your Mac, you can easily and automatically switch your AirPods between all your Apple devices (Mac, iPhone , Apple TV etc).
7. Security: if your phone is stolen/misplaced, you’re almost guaranteed that your data is safe (say you have nudes on the phone). Most of the time the phone can only be sold for parts as it’s difficult or impossible to break iCloud lock.
Even now, it seems the phone is completely useless as Apple has started to digitally sign parts and their permission is required before they can be used as spare parts in other devices.

These are my personal reasons. It’s easy to stay back and think yourself so smart for not using one but my advice is to first use an iPhone before forming an opinion. Same with macs and other Apple devices.
1. Other badass Android flagship has premium build quality
2. You are right for this.
3. You are correct.
4. If you use Google devices (pixel) then you will get tired of system updates and upgrade. Using pure android skin is far better than those ones loaded with stupid apps and if you can handle your android there is nothing like pop up ads
6. That's because they are made by one company bro, latest Samsung tabs has a feature that make it works flawlessly with windows OS
7. Other android OEM has security features like the icloud that you have to activate, even Google find my phone can erased your data when stolen

1 Like

Re: What's Special About Iphone? by Qatar2022: 2:49pm On Oct 04, 2023
pseudonomer:

All flagship Android phones are as expensive as iPhones. The reason why many focus on iPhones is that Apple doesn’t produce mid-range or low-range iPhones, unlike Samsung, Xiaomi, and others. For example, the Samsung S23 Ultra is slightly more expensive than the iPhone 15 Pro Max.

Samsung, Google Pixel, LG, Xiaomi, OnePlus, Sony, and others have flagship phones that are often as expensive as iPhones, and sometimes even more so.
Within 6 months their value will drop drastically but iPhone till next two years it's still expensive
Re: What's Special About Iphone? by UnemployedGradu: 2:50pm On Oct 04, 2023
finallybusy:
How much dey your account?

1 Like

Re: What's Special About Iphone? by Collinz2(m): 2:52pm On Oct 04, 2023
IfritSpirit:

When you buy a new iPhone ( not UK used ) you can use it for 10 years without a fix. No other phone company can last that long.

You can buy iTunes card cheaply to put on your iPhone and make international payments instad of having to use debit card for payment. E.g Courser, AliExpress and so on.

Easy to fix and cheap. You dare not try to fix Samsung phones screen from Samsung galaxy s8 and earlier without having to pay 100k and above. With just 20k, you can fix your iPhone screen.

A person like me who like portable phones, only iPhone still makes one. I'm using iPhone 13 mini right now. Very portable, I so much love the size ( I hope Iphone continue to make it because with the way thing is, I'm surely not gonna buy iPhone 14 and 15 because the screen is too big for me. )

Strong 5G that supports any type of 5G ( if you're using Samsung midrange phones, you can't pick all type of 5G, only with Samsung flagship )

Inconclusion, you don't have to buy expensive iPhone, just buy any iPhone and you will enjoy all the benefits ( I'm using iPhone 13 mini, if you wanna enjoy same thing, you can buy a iPhone SE 3 )
stop deceiving yourself

Iphone has the worst battery ever. My friend bought the iphone 11 pro new one and it's not even 5 years he has changed batter more than 3 times oga

20k for fake iphone screen right

I've seen iphone developed fault I don't even believe you guys should stop taking like the phone is perfect.

Even the new 15 has overheating issues people are complaining it is charging their power bank with the type c cord instead of the other way

3 Likes

Re: What's Special About Iphone? by Way4orward: 2:56pm On Oct 04, 2023
Over rated
Re: What's Special About Iphone? by controlaltdeleat: 2:58pm On Oct 04, 2023
cntabs:
Some reasons:

1. Good build quality: You can feel the quality just by holding an iPhone in your hand.
2. Second hand value: For whatever reason, iPhones tend to hold value more than competing brands.
3. iOS: This is debatable but IOS in my opinion is much smoother and more efficient than android. The user interface and experience is very good and is standardized.
There are fewer phones to support so it’s easier for app developers to make their iOS versions as excellent as possible.
4. Longevity: apple continues to release iOS updates for its older iPhones for a good number of years (5 to 6). Androids I had in the past released updates for a year or two and stopped.
This is very important for security as vulnerabilities are patched frequently. It’s no surprise that you find android phones infected with malware that pops up unsolicited adverts without recourse for the user.
5. Cameras: nothing to say here, cameras are decent.
6. Apple ecosystem: A major part of why Apple is successful is how well their various devices play together. Some examples: you can use your iPhone as a webcam on your Mac seamlessly, you can use your iPad as a second screen for your Mac, you can easily and automatically switch your AirPods between all your Apple devices (Mac, iPhone , Apple TV etc).
7. Security: if your phone is stolen/misplaced, you’re almost guaranteed that your data is safe (say you have nudes on the phone). Most of the time the phone can only be sold for parts as it’s difficult or impossible to break iCloud lock.
Even now, it seems the phone is completely useless as Apple has started to digitally sign parts and their permission is required before they can be used as spare parts in other devices.

These are my personal reasons. It’s easy to stay back and think yourself so smart for not using one but my advice is to first use an iPhone before forming an opinion. Same with macs and other Apple devices.

So my niece that they stole her iPhone in France a month later track it being used in China.how about that.

1 Like

Re: What's Special About Iphone? by Fearyourcreator: 3:00pm On Oct 04, 2023
samsard:
Who uses Huawei seriously outside of China without Google Services? Which Kunlun glass? Make I hear word.
It's kunkun glass...
Re: What's Special About Iphone? by IfritSpirit: 3:00pm On Oct 04, 2023
Collinz2:
stop deceiving yourself

Iphone has the worst battery ever. My friend bought the iphone 11 pro new one and it's not even 5 years he has changed batter more than 3 times oga

20k for fake iphone screen right

I've seen iphone developed fault I don't even believe you guys should stop taking like the phone is perfect.

Even the new 15 has overheating issues people are complaining it is charging their power bank with the type c cord instead of the other way
Hello, I'm using Samsung galaxy S21 5G and I bought the iphone about 8 month ago, so I'm using both Android and iOS. most people buy used iPhone think they bought new one. I'm talking about Sealed ones. How much did he bought iPhone 11? He will tell you 180k Sebi? Thats a refurbish phone not new.
Re: What's Special About Iphone? by AlphaHakimi: 3:00pm On Oct 04, 2023
The craze about Apple devices can most likely be backed by the superior ADVERTISING prowess of Apple.

Beauty and class is subject to what us obtainable in a particular society. The more you see something (advertisement) the more your brain subconsciously registers that thing which you saw.

For instance, everytime I open my browser, I see an advert from Viva. Normally I don't use Viva for laundry, but since I began to see their advert more that 25 times a day, I automatically started buying only Viva detergent anytime I want to do laundry.

In essence, advertisement programs our mind and Apple is extremely good with advertisement.

To further explain this, the specifically channeled their advert to the women folk. Nowadays, women do more advert for IPhone devices than the manufacturer Apple themselves.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: What's Special About Iphone? by aoshi: 3:02pm On Oct 04, 2023
pseudonomer:

All flagship Android phones are as expensive as iPhones. The reason why many focus on iPhones is that Apple doesn’t produce mid-range or low-range iPhones, unlike Samsung, Xiaomi, and others. For example, the Samsung S23 Ultra is slightly more expensive than the iPhone 15 Pro Max.

Samsung, Google Pixel, LG, Xiaomi, OnePlus, Sony, and others have flagship phones that are often as expensive as iPhones, and sometimes even more so.
GBAM!!!!
Re: What's Special About Iphone? by Ttipsy(f): 3:04pm On Oct 04, 2023
Cuz u can’t afford it

Pple buy phones cuz of their taste
Hypocrites
Re: What's Special About Iphone? by Collinz2(m): 3:05pm On Oct 04, 2023
IfritSpirit:

Hello, I'm using Samsung galaxy S21 5G and I bought the iphone about 8 month ago, so I'm using both Android and iOS. most people buy used iPhone think they bought new one. I'm talking about Sealed ones. How much did he bought iPhone 11? He will tell you 180k Sebi? Thats a refurbish phone not new.
180k undecided undecided the same way you bought your S21 sealed when when it was released so don't think everyone buy used or refurbished phone. And I use both Android and iphone too undecided
Re: What's Special About Iphone? by Collinz2(m): 3:06pm On Oct 04, 2023
controlaltdeleat:

So my niece that they stole her iPhone in France a month later track it being used in China.how about that.
some people just like to dey talk
Re: What's Special About Iphone? by Wizman423: 3:06pm On Oct 04, 2023
Operating system and speed. iPhones don’t lag even when it’s old

1 Like

Re: What's Special About Iphone? by Collinz2(m): 3:08pm On Oct 04, 2023
Wizman423:
Operating system and speed. iPhones don’t lag even when it’s old
When u use premium devices they don't lag when old.

1 Like

Re: What's Special About Iphone? by IfritSpirit: 3:08pm On Oct 04, 2023
Collinz2:
180k undecided undecided the same way you bought your S21 sealed when when it was released so don't think everyone buy used or refurbished phone. And I use both Android and iphone too undecided
You can't buy a new iPhone and have any issue with the battery. The capacity is not very much compare to Android phones but you will not have any reason to replace it. Refurbish was sold to him ok.

1 Like

Re: What's Special About Iphone? by Wizman423: 3:10pm On Oct 04, 2023
Collinz2:
When u use premium devices they don't lag when old.

Give me one good example
Re: What's Special About Iphone? by Collinz2(m): 3:11pm On Oct 04, 2023
IfritSpirit:

You can't buy a new iPhone and have any issue with the battery. The capacity is not very much compare to Android phones but you will not have any reason to replace it. Refurbish was sold to him ok.
like I said keep deceiving yourself go use iphone for 10 years without fault say na u create the phone

1 Like

Re: What's Special About Iphone? by Teehem16(m): 3:11pm On Oct 04, 2023
validplanet:

Once some ladies see guys with any of the lattest iPhones, automatically the believe you're loaded. This the gives you access to bleep endlessly!

1 Like

Re: What's Special About Iphone? by Collinz2(m): 3:12pm On Oct 04, 2023
Wizman423:
Give me one good example
Samsung S8
Re: What's Special About Iphone? by IfritSpirit: 3:13pm On Oct 04, 2023
Collinz2:
like I said keep deceiving yourself
Na you know.
Re: What's Special About Iphone? by Wizman423: 3:15pm On Oct 04, 2023
Collinz2:
Samsung S8
lol. I knew you were going to mention Samsung. I stopped using Samsung from S9 and believe me once an android 🤖 always an android. Android go surely lag as it get older. Be it any brand
Re: What's Special About Iphone? by Collinz2(m): 3:15pm On Oct 04, 2023
Wizman423:

lol. I knew you were going to mention Samsung. I stopped using Samsung from S9 and believe me once an android 🤖 always an android. Android go surely lag as it get older. Be it any brand
Same thing I will say keep deceiving yourself
Re: What's Special About Iphone? by charlesdinho(m): 3:16pm On Oct 04, 2023
i just pray iphone company doesnt fall like blackberry
Re: What's Special About Iphone? by Niceessien(m): 3:21pm On Oct 04, 2023
Someone will just wake up and started asking mumu question
Re: What's Special About Iphone? by nkemjacob2(m): 3:28pm On Oct 04, 2023
Security

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Bitter Experience Of Gionee / Bluetooth Software To Transfer/send Applications To Another Phone / Nigerians Storm Glo Facebook Page With Poor Ratings, Glo Removes Ratings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.