Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,887 members, 7,814,004 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? (18415 Views)

How Much Is A Plate Of Food In Your Area Now? / See The Plate Of Food I Got For 1500 In An Eatery. The Fish Alone Is 1k / Man Shows Off N43k Plate Of Eba And Soup (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by BoldBrainz(m): 11:35am On Oct 06, 2023
otemeh01:

Alright. I have edited some of what I wrote earlier so u should be able to understand them better now. Be like say na butty u be this one wen u nor too sabi pidgin English.
Now saying my food revolves around rice, beans , noodles and soup is confusing because what else I'm I supposed to cook? Do u expect me to bake bread or make shawarma or even grow my own fruits. I excluded these this because even if u eat full time at road side vendors, u will still need to buy fruits, bread and tea materials. I saw talking about a budget strictly on our Nigerian food. And yes, they are in reality with current market price. Go to the market and not a supermarket and see things for your self.
For the gas, 2kg carries me a month. Like I said, I stay alone and do not receive visitors very often. My gas is regulated to burn on low to moderate flame. I do not need the excess heat so I don't open it on full blast as I mostly observe many people do. I even discovered that u are in the living room of some people and you can even hear the sound of their gas burner burning on full blast. That's waste of heat and fuel.
Furthermore, for Ur taste and quality of food that you eat judging from your write up. because u seem to me like someone that enters a restaurant and order for chicken and not meat and soft drinks to wash down and not water, you would be averaging 5k daily when u eat out.

Ps. I have a moderate appetite and I heat healthy.
Garri is #1800 for a rubber. I don't do garri. I buy wheat because of my sugar level. A medium bag of wheat cost me #4000 and It last me for two months.
In the north, we measure grains in mudu. In the south, we use custard rubber to measure. So when I say a rubber of beans, it means a custard rubber measure full of beans. Do u get?

Lol.
I like your detailed and measured responses.

You however didn't tell me if these prices you've listed are a reflection of the current market rates.

And your assumptions about me are at best, exaggerated..๐Ÿ˜Š.
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by otemeh01(m): 11:54am On Oct 06, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Lol.
I like your detailed and measured responses.

You however didn't tell me if these prices you've listed are a reflection of the current market rates.

And your assumptions about me are at best, exaggerated..๐Ÿ˜Š.
Lol. I am happy with your response. They are current market reality although u have to understand that within a state, there are places where food stuff are more expensive and where they are cheap. Na the place wen cheap I dey go buy. I'm also cutting cost because I don't earn a million naira monthly. So I cannot be having a pot of soup full of assorted. Lol. But I eat a balanced diet.
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by Teetee777: 12:02pm On Oct 06, 2023
Greenfaces:
where in jigawa? I'm in jigawa right now and except you're referring to garo garo ( that white rice and beans with groundnut oil, pepper and Maggi in rubber plates usually sold by little hausa girls), there is no where in my town you will eat a plate of rice and beans for 200 naira.
How many places you know in Jigawa that you want to know where they sell foods on the road side. Are you telling me that this you are in jigawa, you will know all the area or market in jigawa, for your information, if you want to buy #200 rice and beans with #100 meat in jigawa, just go to Hadejia market on Sunday and Wednesday, you will buy #200 food there
Thank me later, if you don't know
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by BoldBrainz(m): 12:09pm On Oct 06, 2023
otemeh01:

Lol. I am happy with your response. They are current market reality although u have to understand that within a state, there are places where food stuff are more expensive and where they are cheap. Na the place wen cheap I dey go buy. I'm also cutting cost because I don't earn a million naira monthly. So I cannot be having a pot of soup full of assorted. Lol. But I eat a balanced diet.

Well, as stated on that first comment you quoted, these prices vary according to locations and economic realities.

A teacher friend of mine lives in Jahi, Abuja. Earns about a hundred grand. When he doesn't cook for an entire month, he spends at most 32K on feeding. He eats twice, then noodles most nights or local hamburger (Akara and bread). When he cooks for the same period, his expenses total at 38K.

So typically, he prefers to eat out because it's relatively cheaper for him and it saves him time and energy that he almost never even has on the extra side. He has just sundays to himself. Every other day, school teaching in the morning, private home lessons in the evening, even on Saturdays.

So these things are subjective. But having lived across states, I long found more cost convenience in eating out than having to cook. Besides, I'm not one to eat one meal more than twice. E dey tire me. So why cook a meal you'll end up giving out or wasting?!
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by otemeh01(m): 12:16pm On Oct 06, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Well, as stated on that first comment you quoted, these prices vary according to locations and economic realities.

A teacher friend of mine lives in Jahi, Abuja. Earns about a hundred grand. When he doesn't cook for an entire month, he spends at most 32K on feeding. He eats twice, then noodles most nights or local hamburger (Akara and bread). When he cooks for the same period, his expenses total at 38K.

So typically, he prefers to eat out because it's relatively cheaper for him and it saves him time and energy that he almost never even has on the extra side. He has just sundays to himself. Every other day, school teaching in the morning, private home lessons in the evening, even on Saturdays.

So these things are subjective. But having lived across states, I long found more cost convenience in eating out than having to cook. Besides, I'm not one to eat one meal more than twice. E dey tire me. So why cook a meal you'll end up giving out or wasting?!

Yeah, I get your point. If u factor in the stress of going to the market and time used in cooking, eating out is better. But eating out in Abuja is less expensive than eating out in porthacourt. U won't get filled. Trust me. Then again, what of the hygiene? Because u are not going to be patronising all those high end restaurants that takes cooking hygiene serious. Na just mama put. U have to factor in the hygiene of the person u are eating from. God help u that there is water scarcity in the environment u are eating out from. My brother just make sure to deworm every 2 months.
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by jericco1(m): 12:23pm On Oct 06, 2023
Aplaudez:

Just be thankful for your abode, I can't even recollect when last I ate home made food angry
So sad
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by SweetDipBenny(m): 12:25pm On Oct 06, 2023
slim75d:
In my area in port harcourt, a plate of rice and beans without meat is N500 and it is about the size of a holy communion from a catholic church.

Mtcheeew this kind country sef ehhh
And my salary na 30k
3ok and u still buyin food outside
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by BoldBrainz(m): 12:55pm On Oct 06, 2023
otemeh01:

Yeah, I get your point. If u factor in the stress of going to the market and time used in cooking, eating out is better. But eating out in Abuja is less expensive than eating out in porthacourt. U won't get filled. Trust me. Then again, what of the hygiene? Because u are not going to be patronising all those high end restaurants that takes cooking hygiene serious. Na just mama put. U have to factor in the hygiene of the person u are eating from. God help u that there is water scarcity in the environment u are eating out from. My brother just make sure to deworm every 2 months.

Looks to me like you're actually the "ajebutter" between us both..๐Ÿ˜‚.

Big boy wey dey chop wheat.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by Gagare1(m): 12:59pm On Oct 06, 2023
Love800:
Apart from insecurities, why are people afriad of the north. Are there no good jobs there?

There are good jobs oh. Islamophobia is the main reason people fear the North. But, insecurities are everywhere.

The media is also not helping. Guys are balling over here, even though certain restrictions are placing limits.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by succez09(m): 1:02pm On Oct 06, 2023
Ewaochesamco:
A plate of road side food is 300 in Adoka, Benue state!
I confirmed it ooh, m in otada-adoka

And d food is okay in size
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by Love800(m): 1:13pm On Oct 06, 2023
Yea, true. The muslim factor.
Me i just want good worklife with pay while living lowkey. I will respect the muslim/islam views. I don tire for the overcrowdyness for here with the fake lifestyle just because one wants to trend
Gagare1:

There are good jobs oh. Islamophobia is the main reason people fear the North. But, insecurities are everywhere.

The media is also not helping. Guys are balling over here, even though certain restrictions are placing limits.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by succez09(m): 1:19pm On Oct 06, 2023
Teetee777:

How many places you know in Jigawa that you want to know where they sell foods on the road side. Are you telling me that this you are in jigawa, you will know all the area or market in jigawa, for your information, if you want to buy #200 rice and beans with #100 meat in jigawa, just go to Hadejia market on Sunday and Wednesday, you will buy #200 food there
Thank me later, if you don't know
If u r wise enough, u will know u just typed rubbish
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by haphizz57(m): 1:45pm On Oct 06, 2023
Lokoja #500~#700
Abuja btw #800~1k Dat of abuja it depend on ur location.
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by Emeka71(m): 1:57pm On Oct 06, 2023
silvoclaira:
Definition of Mamaput - Local food restaurant/vendor within an area. Mostly lesser expensive foods.

e.g sentence - Hellinues, Seunsmg, i get 1k for here, make we gather play go that mamaput shop for that corner because I know say una dey 'H'(hungry) terribly for these Tinubu government
Roughly N600.
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by Lee99: 2:58pm On Oct 06, 2023
GiZcorp:

Omo specify the part of Abuja you are. Cos I know where I am you can't find anything you typed here at that price
Wetin concern you? Oga write your own obviously I said an estate did you see me say wuse or Maitama abi you just wan mention me for no reason? I stay in Abuja simple... The people saying Aba or Ph do you think it's a general price in the whole Aba or Ph? Why don't you ask them what part of town too. Rubbish
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by BabaCommander: 4:07pm On Oct 06, 2023
Teetee777:
You can still spend #300 for food in the north and okay.
You can buy rice and beans #200, meat #50, pure water #10.

Or

Buy Kunu (Pap) #100, Akara #100

Or

Buy fried potatoes #100, fried wara #100.

Or

Buy fried potatoes #100, wanke #100

I was surprised when I traveled to Jigawa state last week, I bought rice and beans for #200, meat for #100, and you know what, the girl gave me 5 pieces of meat. It surprised me that even in Kano state, meat is #50.
I hope you know that not everyone can eat Northerners food?
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by Nicoddemus(m): 4:34pm On Oct 06, 2023
Wujio:

Anything less than 1,200 now isnt quality food o

You get kidnapping value sha sad
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by Jossyfine(f): 5:27pm On Oct 06, 2023
If you are in Abuja and canโ€™t cook,I sell plates of soup and stew for chikini money๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Donโ€™t stress urself, just send a DM and you will be glad you did.

A trial will mesmerized you๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿค”
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by gidjah(m): 6:04pm On Oct 06, 2023
You're quite right on this.Lives up here my life in it's entirety,I noticed that the Muslim dominated areas give more comfort welfare wise than the Christian corners,the prices of items in the Christian community are way expensive than that of their sister's,the level of greed I guess is quite high within the Christian community than that of the Muslims. BUT you will also notice that the level of development and educational exposure, social life style is much better within the chrisitians than the other communities.Education/social development/personal development come at a very high cost ,hence the level of competition (sponsored via greed partly and personal quest for success)caused most of this challenges you noted.I am from the mixed religion, so I intertwine between both.my parents are also divided along that line so both favors me till date.
Gagare1:
[noquote author=Teetee777 post=126226975]You can still spend #300 for food in the north and okay.

Or

Or

Or

I was surprised when I traveled to Jigawa state last week, I bought rice and beans for #200, meat for #100, and you know what, the girl gave me 5 pieces of meat. It surprised me that even in Kano state, meat is #50.

Very true.

Another thing to note about the North:

Everything is much cheaper in Muslim dominated areas. You will get the same value for far less in Gayawa than in Sabon Gari. If you want to buy foodstuffs, go there and buy. Thank me later.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by gidjah(m): 6:12pm On Oct 06, 2023
Industrially ,North is at dis advantage , even when you have organisations like few offices around ,the pay is gonna be very poor due to the cost of living and patronage there.so if you are the type that love sharp growth and succes,you won't be patient to wait o.if you reside within Lagos/oyo/Ogun/port/bayelsa/ESO/etc, you are likely to get jobs with pay ranging between 100k to 300k and even way beyond,but for north ahahahaha!! You can only get that in your dreams.But the federal offices there like NNPC are the major ones that pay that much.But with your small pay say #80-100k ,you can grow into an enviable entrore if you have vision and focus.
Love800:
Apart from insecurities, why are people afriad of the north. Are there no good jobs there?
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by Love800(m): 6:45pm On Oct 06, 2023
Yea.
Their pay is lower because their cost of living is low, abi. Am i correct?

I still prefer there sha, because am tired of dis top-notch style of living in the south.
gidjah:
Industrially ,North is at dis advantage , even when you have organisations like few offices around ,the pay is gonna be very poor due to the cost of living and patronage there.so if you are the type that love sharp growth and succes,you won't be patient to wait o.if you reside within Lagos/oyo/Ogun/port/bayelsa/ESO/etc, you are likely to get jobs with pay ranging between 100k to 300k and even way beyond,but for north ahahahaha!! You can only get that in your dreams.But the federal offices there like NNPC are the major ones that pay that much.But with your small pay say #80-100k ,you can grow into an enviable entrore if you have vision and focus.
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by gidjah(m): 7:29pm On Oct 06, 2023
Yes you are.honestly the risks of living up north is lower than that of the south ,it's just that people have fears and that is a very good factor to consider in ones life though.Life up north is relatively peaceful and serene than any other part of the Nig,no unhealthy competition like una people want die for money and unecessary fame over there ,but like I said people still grow here wit focus and vision like some of us here have and we are testimonies. Just know the barriers and keep at them, don't come and do "Deborahs" style here or" over sabi for religion" in Islamabad territory,you will def not make it out alive .
Love800:
Yea.
Their pay is lower because their cost of living is low, abi. Am i correct?

I still prefer there sha, because am tired of dis top-notch style of living in the south.
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by Drsmartphilips: 7:47pm On Oct 06, 2023
CloudTrees:
I'm a Yoruba.
you are not
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by nedekid: 7:48pm On Oct 06, 2023
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by CloudTrees(f): 8:34pm On Oct 06, 2023
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by Love800(m): 8:54pm On Oct 06, 2023
Wow
Tanks
Am just a lowkey person so north is my kind of place. I respect others religion too. With the little growth up north, i will manage it. Me i have vision too. South don tire me. The competition and high class lifestyle is much
gidjah:
Yes you are.honestly the risks of living up north is lower than that of the south ,it's just that people have fears and that is a very good factor to consider in ones life though.Life up north is relatively peaceful and serene than any other part of the Nig,no unhealthy competition like una people want die for money and unecessary fame over there ,but like I said people still grow here wit focus and vision like some of us here have and we are testimonies. Just know the barriers and keep at them, don't come and do "Deborahs" style here or" over sabi for religion" in Islamabad territory,you will def not make it out alive .
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by GiZcorp: 10:22pm On Oct 06, 2023
Lee99:

Wetin concern you? Oga write your own obviously I said an estate did you see me say wuse or Maitama abi you just wan mention me for no reason? I stay in Abuja simple... The people saying Aba or Ph do you think it's a general price in the whole Aba or Ph? Why don't you ask them what part of town too. Rubbish
My apologies bro, I didn't mean it to offend you. I was just making a general input. Hmmm... The country is hard for everyone bro, u don't have to flare up at any given opportunity, las las we'd still be alright.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by armyofone(m): 12:10am On Oct 07, 2023
sukkot:
who dey eat for roadside ? armyofone come chee somtin ooo

Definitely not me grin! The thoughts of those huge red eyes flies hovering on top the food and the dripping sweat landing on the food etc phew!!
Dear Lord, I leave the road side food for Sukkot. He can have it all grin
The foods are nice and enticing but I will pass.
My immunity is strong grin
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by armyofone(m): 12:13am On Oct 07, 2023
Gagare1:
[noquote author=Teetee777 post=126226975]You can still spend #300 for food in the north and okay.

Or

Or

Or

Very true.

Another thing to note about the North:

Everything is much cheaper in Muslim dominated areas. You will get the same value for far less in Gayawa than in Sabon Gari. If you want to buy foodstuffs, go there and buy. Thank me later.

Why 5 meats surprised you na ? Not them dey farm kawo?
Barkka dey yama. Nama ya yuwa.
I will love to live in the north for the simplicity.
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by Gagare1(m): 6:34am On Oct 07, 2023
Apt.
gidjah:
You're quite right on this.Lives up here my life in it's entirety,I noticed that the Muslim dominated areas give more comfort welfare wise than the Christian corners,the prices of items in the Christian community are way expensive than that of their sister's,the level of greed I guess is quite high within the Christian community than that of the Muslims. BUT you will also notice that the level of development and educational exposure, social life style is much better within the chrisitians than the other communities.Education/social development/personal development come at a very high cost ,hence the level of competition (sponsored via greed partly and personal quest for success)caused most of this challenges you noted.I am from the mixed religion, so I intertwine between both.my parents are also divided along that line so both favors me till date.
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by Gagare1(m): 6:39am On Oct 07, 2023
And the North will be glad to have you. Gradually, the North is changing. It is slow, but it is happening. You will be surprised how nice it can be over here.
armyofone:

Why 5 meats surprised you na ? Not them dey farm kawo?
Barkka dey yama. Nama ya yuwa.
I will love to live in the north for the simplicity.
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by sukkot: 11:39am On Oct 07, 2023
armyofone:

Definitely not me grin! The thoughts of those huge red eyes flies hovering on top the food and the dripping sweat landing on the food etc phew!!
Dear Lord, I leave the road side food for Sukkot. He can have it all grin
The foods are nice and enticing but I will pass.
My immunity is strong grin
lolzzzz you definitely can't survive roadside food again after like 30 years in Canada. Na maple syrup and sausages you dey chop now. I gotta tell you though, used to be these roadside vendors on obafemi awolowo road Ikeja with a row of these roadside vendors, the food be looking real nice and the meat piled so high. Looks very scrumptious. I could never try it though. Na dysentery and typhoid go kee somebody grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Ranks 4th In Soft Drinks Consumption Globally / PONMO (COW SKIN) - What You Need To Know. / Pictures Of Home Made Pizza By ME #incredible Chef

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.