Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? (18596 Views)

How Much Is A Plate Of Food In Your Area Now? / See The Plate Of Food I Got For 1500 In An Eatery. The Fish Alone Is 1k / Man Shows Off N43k Plate Of Eba And Soup (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by sukkot: 9:18am On Oct 06, 2023
AngelicBeing:
Hehehe, buka ke, grin
ehn now buka wey dey sell hot soup and sandwiches for side of the road grin
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by silvoclaira: 9:20am On Oct 06, 2023
Love800:
Then stop cooking and use ur savings to be eating outside for eternity. Am not rude here. Just wanna make a point

Thanks for pokin the guy nose....Some people sef
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by BoldBrainz(m): 9:20am On Oct 06, 2023
silvoclaira:

For God sake, he ends only 30k monthly. There is no way 500 naira food is enough to see him through the day as of today. But if he manages to buy some food stuff of 10k, it will take him through the month before another salary is received.

Its simply understand that cooking at home will favor him the most, and save cost also.

Ps...500 naira food daily equals to 15k in 30 days(which he won't even have enough to eat with the 500H daily)

In Abuja:

A mudu of rice is 1400.
A mudu of beans is 1200.
A mudu of garri is between 900 and 1000.
A tuber of yam is at least 1200.
Five fingers of plantain sell for 1300.
A kilo of beef is 2800.
A kilo of fish is 2600.
A kilo of chicken is 3000.
(All prices are subject to location and economic suitability variations).

Please, kindly enumerate what quantity of those major food items he's going to buy that will keep him going for a month, while he considers other minor cooking items.

While you're at it, please don't forget that a 6Kg cylinder of gas now sells for 6K.

I'll respond further when you've done the needful.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by Godsongang: 9:23am On Oct 06, 2023
Anything less than 1500 no food for you just go cook indomie for house.
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by amajik1(m): 9:25am On Oct 06, 2023
It's 300 naira with meat, without 200 naira
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by NOwazobia: 9:28am On Oct 06, 2023
I find it difficult to eat where the foods are not covered.

It irritates me.
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by Babaflenjor: 9:29am On Oct 06, 2023
3 swallow @100 each, 2 small meat @100 each then free pure water
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by silvoclaira: 9:29am On Oct 06, 2023
BoldBrainz:

In Abuja:

A mudu of rice is 1400.
A mudu of beans is 1200.
A kilo of beef is 2800.
A kilo of fish is 2600.

Please, kindly enumerate what quantity of those major food items he's going to buy that will keep him going for a month, while he considers other minor cooking items.

While you're at it, please don't forget that a 6Kg cylinder of gas now sells for 6K.

Not the whole Abbuja......
Don't go there please....this guy earning such amount a month will not have to buy items in the same market people like you who earn way more. What happen to buying those in other lower measurement or radio? Must he buy in kilos? Guy, not everyone goes to the same market as you abeg. You be middle class and the guy that earns 30k is lower/poor class citizens whom needs palliatives from people like you in the higher class.

Do the right thing and stretch helping hands to him without him asking, benevolently grin
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by Dedeity: 9:33am On Oct 06, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
No idea. I don't eat road side food.
See motor park tout forming Porsche. Ode
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by BoldBrainz(m): 9:36am On Oct 06, 2023
silvoclaira:

Not the whole Abbuja......
Don't go there please....this guy earning such amount a month will not have to buy items in the same market people like you who earn way more buy. What happen to buying those in other measurement or radio? Must be buy in kilos? Guy not everyone hoes to the same market as you abeg. You be middle class and the guy that earns 30k is lower/poor class citizens who need palliatives from people like you in the higher class.

Do the right thing and stretch helping hands to him without him asking, benevolently grin

No matter how you intend to put it, cooking is not cheaper than eating out. And both are equally subject to your earnings or "societal class" as you put it.

I'll have to be a madman to be going to Sketch restaurant in Abuja to eat daily when a basic plate of food is from 5K upwards, even if I'm earning 150K upwards. Yes, I may comfortably be able to spend 3K daily on food, but he equally can find a modest restaurant that caters for his feeding needs at relatively lower rates commensurate to his income.

Cooking in today's economy is no joke. Even as a single person, you'll squirm to make a decent meal with 2K. And do you intend to eat say rice, from morning to evening for two days? Haba!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by Humorme2(f): 9:37am On Oct 06, 2023

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by silvoclaira: 9:45am On Oct 06, 2023
BoldBrainz:

No matter how you intend to put it, cooking is not cheaper than eating out. And both are equally subject to your earnings or "societal class" as you put it.

I'll have to be a madman to be going to Sketch restaurant in Abuja to eat daily when a basic plate of food is from 5K upwards, even if I'm earning 150K upwards. Yes, I may comfortably be able to spend 3K daily on food, but he equally can find a modest restaurant that caters for his feeding needs at relatively lower rates commensurate to his income.

Cooking in today's economy is no joke. Even as a single person, you'll squirm to make a decent meal with 2K. And do you intend to eat say rice, from morning to evening for two days? Haba!

A guy that earns 30k should not eat outside but cook at wherever he can be comfortable. Period!!
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by Greenfaces: 9:47am On Oct 06, 2023
600 naira for rice and meat
300 naira for plain beans
500 naira for ambala
500 naira for semo
700 naira for pounded yam
500 naira for beans and yam
600 naira for indomie and 2 eggs
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by Greenfaces: 9:50am On Oct 06, 2023
buchito1:

You supposed dey shame for your destiny and future. Say na woman dey feed you.

Anyways, as your name implies Ozuo
Lol. Epa domor oh. Wor ye?
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by BoldBrainz(m): 9:53am On Oct 06, 2023
silvoclaira:

A guy that earns 30k should not eat outside but cook at wherever he can be comfortable. Period!!

Oya na. Let him go and be cooking. We'll be here when he opens another thread to come and beg for survival money after cooking would have finished his small salaryπŸ˜‚. And I hope you'll be at hand to assist him.
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by BoldBrainz(m): 9:53am On Oct 06, 2023
Dedeity:
See motor park tout forming Porsche. Ode

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

Una no juss get mercy for this country.
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by Greenfaces: 9:54am On Oct 06, 2023
Teetee777:
You can still spend #300 for food in the north and okay.
You can buy rice and beans #200, meat #50, pure water #10.

Or

Buy Kunu (Pap) #100, Akara #100

Or

Buy fried potatoes #100, fried wara #100.

Or

Buy fried potatoes #100, wanke #100

I was surprised when I traveled to Jigawa state last week, I bought rice and beans for #200, meat for #100, and you know what, the girl gave me 5 pieces of meat. It surprised me that even in Kano state, meat is #50.
where in jigawa? I'm in jigawa right now and except you're referring to garo garo ( that white rice and beans with groundnut oil, pepper and Maggi in rubber plates usually sold by little hausa girls), there is no where in my town you will eat a plate of rice and beans for 200 naira.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by GiZcorp: 9:55am On Oct 06, 2023
Lee99:
Swallow with Egusi or draw 600
White rice 600
Jollof 700
Swallow with vegetable or afang 700
Swallow with white soup 1300
Chips and egg 1000
Rice and plantain 700
Moimoi 100.

These are prices of meals in the restaurant in my estate... I'm in Abuja
Omo specify the part of Abuja you are. Cos I know where I am you can't find anything you typed here at that price
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by Dedeity: 9:57am On Oct 06, 2023
BoldBrainz:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

Una no juss get mercy for this country.
Those Tinubu urchins need to be put in their place

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by Greenfaces: 9:59am On Oct 06, 2023
DjAndroid:
Onitsha is ₦400 per plate.

AWKA can go as high as 4k a plate of white rice and banga stew at some road sides. rice ooo. No jokes.
what of ekwulobia
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by Smyk13: 10:17am On Oct 06, 2023
The least is N300 per plate without meat and N400 per plate with meat for Jos, depending on location though.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by Ibrahimlagosian(m): 10:18am On Oct 06, 2023
Of course there is,it's only in the north where one can join custom or immigration service and other high end jobs with a diploma.Lol,that reminds of a young guy who joined custom with an NCE certificate some months ago.He's currently driving a GLK kiss
Love800:
Apart from insecurities, why are people afriad of the north. Are there no good jobs there?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by Ibrahimlagosian(m): 10:21am On Oct 06, 2023
And as a matter of fact,i think the issue of insecurity in the north is just overhyped.There have never been a single kidnapping,arm robbery or banditry case in my state for over 7 years now.I think north is far safer than the south overall
Love800:
Apart from insecurities, why are people afriad of the north. Are there no good jobs there?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by otemeh01(m): 10:49am On Oct 06, 2023
BoldBrainz:

In Abuja:

A mudu of rice is 1400.
A mudu of beans is 1200.
A kilo of beef is 2800.
A kilo of fish is 2600.

Bro, I like how u enumerated it and I feel I am the right person to answer you because I stay alone and even in PH.
Now, there was a time I thought cooking was too expensive and time consuming. So I wrote a budget and went to a normal road side food vendor. Note, she was even one of the cheapest.
A plate of soup with just one eba, cost #600. I nor even belle full. That food can't carry me still evening. Then evening, say I buy food of #500, it means I will average spend #1100-1200 daily while being under fed. The meat sef nor big o. If u are not lucky, na bone cartilage they serve u as meat. So for 30 days, I should be spending roughly 35k for mama put, while eating minimal..

Now, I stay alone. 2kg of gas which is #2000 carries me for 1month. That one don commot.. I buy ice fish of #1000, per week. Fish is more expensive than meat. So in a month, fish budget is #4000.
Tomato and pepper weekly is #600. It will make stew and soup for me for a week.. total in a month is #2400. Beans 1 rubber is #2500. That can last 1 month and 2 weeks.. rice half rubber #2800. That will last one month. Mimee noodles #3800. One month. Egusi 2cups #1000. It will carry one month. Ogbono #1500. 1 bottle of palmOil #900. 1 bottle of power oil#1600. This one dey carry me almost two month sef. Vegetable in a month #2000. Miscellaneous #3000.

Total of everything here cannot exceed #25k and I go eat well and even guage. So how is mama put cheaper
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by BoldBrainz(m): 11:05am On Oct 06, 2023
otemeh01:

Bro, I like how u enumerated it and I feel I am the right person to answer you because I stay alone and even in PH.
No, there was a time I thought cooking was too expensive and time consuming. So I wrote a budget and went to a normal road side food vendor. Note, she was even one of the cheapest.
A plate of swallow with just one eba, cost #600. I nor even belle full. That food can't carry me still evening. Then evening say I buy food of #500, it means I will average spend #1100-1200 daily while being under feed. The meat sef nor big o. If u are not lucky, na cartilage they serve u as meat. So for 30 days, I should be spending roughly 35k for mama put, while eating minimal..

Now, I stay alone. 2kg of gas which is #2000 carries me for 1month. That one don commot.. I buy ice fish of #1000, per week. Fish is more expensive than meat. So in a month, fish budget is #4000.
Tomato and pepper weekly is #600. It will make stew and soup for me for a week.. total in a month is #2400. Beans 1 rubber is #2500. That can last 1 month and 2 weeks.. rice #half rubber #2800. That will last one month. Mimee noddoles #3800. One month. Egusi 2cups #1000. It will carry one month. Ogbono #1500. 1 bottle of palmOil #900. 1 bottle of power oil#1600. This one dey carry me almost two month sef. Vegetable in a month #2000. Miscellaneous #3000.

Total of everything here cannot exceed #25k and I go eat well and even guage. So how is mama put cheaper

I'm having a hard time processing some details in this your write-up:

First, is this your budget reflecting current market prices? Cause I was in PH to see a cousin about 2weeks ago and some of these your prices are unrealistic compared to what I witnessed.

Second, how is it possible for someone who puts on the cooker everyday to use 2kg of gas for a month? You have to teach me how that works.

Third, are you insinuating that you eat 1K fish for a week? That is supposed to be one long tilapia or "scumbia" fish, and you feed on that for 7 days? Lol.

Fourth, do you mean to say your diet revolves around rice, beans, noodles and soups? Like, you never explore other dietary options? If so, I can't exactly say I envy you right now.

And I'm guessing you omitted garri, semo and fufu by error, yes? I'm open to corrections.
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by Love800(m): 11:06am On Oct 06, 2023
Ok
BoldBrainz:

As with cooking at home, there are no extant benefits outside the felt need to feed proper according to the size of your pocket and timely convenience.
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by BoldBrainz(m): 11:06am On Oct 06, 2023
Ibrahimlagosian:
And as a matter of fact,i think the issue of insecurity in the north is just overhyped.There have never been a single kidnapping,arm robbery or banditry case in my state for over 7 years now.I think north is far safer than the south overall

Where in the North do you currently stay?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by Love800(m): 11:11am On Oct 06, 2023
Christ!
So there are good jobs up-north!
Apart from insecurity, that is one of my problems with living in the north.
Ibrahimlagosian:
Of course there is,it's only in the north where one can join custom or immigration service and other high end jobs with a diploma.Lol,that reminds of a young guy who joined custom with an NCE certificate some months ago.He's currently driving a GLK kiss
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by Love800(m): 11:19am On Oct 06, 2023
Christ!
And i dey here dey kill myself, thinking am living the best life. Enduring the inflation here, overcrowdness, useless trending fashion and style because say i wan live upgraded life. Chai!
Ibrahimlagosian:
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by otemeh01(m): 11:27am On Oct 06, 2023
BoldBrainz:

I'm having a hard time processing some details in this your write-up:

First, is this your budget reflecting current market prices? Cause I was in PH to see a cousin about 2weeks ago and some of these your prices are unrealistic compared to what I witnessed.

Second, how is it possible for someone who puts on the cooker everyday to use 2kg of gas for a month? You have to teach me how that works.

Third, are you insinuating that you eat 1K fish for a week? That is supposed to be one long tilapia or "scumbia" fish, and you feed on that for 7 days? Lol.

Fourth, do you mean to say your diet revolves around rice, beans, noodles and soups? Like, you never explore other dietary options? If so, I can't exactly say I envy you right now.

And I'm guessing you omitted garri, semo and fufu by error, yes? I'm open to corrections.

Alright. I have edited some of what I wrote earlier so u should be able to understand them better now. Be like say na butty u be this one wen u nor too sabi pidgin English.
Now saying my food revolves around rice, beans , noodles and soup is confusing because what else I'm I supposed to cook? Do u expect me to bake bread or make shawarma or even grow my own fruits. I excluded these this because even if u eat full time at road side vendors, u will still need to buy fruits, bread and tea materials. I saw talking about a budget strictly on our Nigerian food. And yes, they are in reality with current market price. Go to the market and not a supermarket and see things for your self.
For the gas, 2kg carries me a month. Like I said, I stay alone and do not receive visitors very often. My gas is regulated to burn on low to moderate flame. I do not need the excess heat so I don't open it on full blast as I mostly observe many people do. I even discovered that u are in the living room of some people and you can even hear the sound of their gas burner burning on full blast. That's waste of heat and fuel.
Furthermore, for Ur taste and quality of food that you eat judging from your write up. because u seem to me like someone that enters a restaurant and order for chicken and not meat and soft drinks to wash down and not water, you would be averaging 5k daily when u eat out.

Ps. I have a moderate appetite and I heat healthy.
Garri is #1800 for a rubber. I don't do garri. I buy wheat because of my sugar level. A medium bag of wheat cost me #4000 and It last me for two months.
In the north, we measure grains in mudu. In the south, we use custard rubber to measure. So when I say a rubber of beans, it means a custard rubber measure full of beans. Do u get?
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by lascos912(m): 11:27am On Oct 06, 2023
buchito1:

You supposed dey shame for your destiny and future. Say na woman dey feed you.
Anyways, as your name implies Ozuo
you lash am
Re: What Is The Cost Of A Plate Of Food At The Road Side Resturants In Your Area? by lascos912(m): 11:32am On Oct 06, 2023
ThiefnubuBandit:
For other Nigerians - 2k for a plate of food.

For Ronu miscreants with ID card - N120 for plate of food.

Una eyes go soon clear.
for obedient shop na #50

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Did You Cook Today? / NAFDAC Closes Lagos Mall For Selling Counterfeit Wine / What Was Your Childhood Food Fantasy? (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.