Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,922 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! (41045 Views)

I Received My First Salary Today (PHOTO) / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? / Has Anyone Received February N-power Pay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by Thundafireseun: 9:45pm On Oct 05, 2023
grin
Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by olioxx(m): 9:47pm On Oct 05, 2023
It is a normal thing to have stage fright, if you want to remedy the phobia, do this.
1. Take a deep breath while on stage
2. If possible take bottle water, so that once you forget what to say or if the tension is building up, you drive water to relive yourself.
3. Focus your gaze on some selected audience.

Try it thank me later

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by grandstar(m): 9:47pm On Oct 05, 2023
Wallteck:

The more you do it, the better you become. It is no big deal.

Just thank your stars you don't suffer from agoraphobia. It is practically a death sentence.
Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by spencekat(m): 9:47pm On Oct 05, 2023
Public speaking no be here o. With repetition and mastery,you go dey alright for it.
Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by Timothy89(m): 9:48pm On Oct 05, 2023
I used to be like you not until I see dead body live in casket I come dey see everyone as same same

if crowd full everywhere I'll give my speech without any fuss

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by fayomim: 9:48pm On Oct 05, 2023
Wallteck:
I have a very big phobia talking to crowd!! Today while I was presenting a project in front of the audience , I first started with a good introduction everybody dey feel my flows, suddenly I just stopped , all the thing in my head I forget it. Na only my heart Kon dey work, my soul left my body.

I was trembling in fear, my heart was beating more than normal, I end up fucking up the interview . they assisted me on the presentation, the thing really pain me, have always be running from talking to crowd, it finally catch up to me at old age!!!

Used me as a lesson, the problem you failed to address now will catch up with you later, No matter how run away from it.

My mood just spoil today.... it really pain me a lot!!! The funniest thing is that if I'm alone I will present it very well with British accent feeling like I'm on the top of the world๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

you bleeped up big time
Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by socialmediaman: 9:48pm On Oct 05, 2023
Wallteck:

I think drugs can cure this thing, it seem my heart is powerful than me, my heart will just be beating for no reason

You donโ€™t need drugs, you need to practice and present more. Many speakers today were like you. If you read books about their life experiences youโ€™ll know

6 Likes

Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by RushManni: 9:49pm On Oct 05, 2023
Wallteck:
I have a very big phobia talking to crowd!! Today while I was presenting a project in front of the audience , I first started with a good introduction everybody dey feel my flows, suddenly I just stopped , all the thing in my head I forget it. Na only my heart Kon dey work, my soul left my body.

I was trembling in fear, my heart was beating more than normal, I end up fucking up the interview . they assisted me on the presentation, the thing really pain me, have always be running from talking to crowd, it finally catch up to me at old age!!!

Used me as a lesson, the problem you failed to address now will catch up with you later, No matter how run away from it.

My mood just spoil today.... it really pain me a lot!!! The funniest thing is that if I'm alone I will present it very well with British accent feeling like I'm on the top of the world๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

It happens even to the best speakers. It's obvious you don't know that.

1 Like

Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by AllenSpencer: 9:51pm On Oct 05, 2023
Try using alcohol next time!

That has always been my secret! If you see me burning on the podium, I am 30% to drunk

It makes you bold, confident and gives you a sense to reason fast to questions.

6 Likes

Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by AZControversial(m): 9:51pm On Oct 05, 2023
smiley

We've seen those days......

Yours is just one. Lemme not start counting my own.....

I just hate facing crowd shaaa!!!
Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by Lexusgs430: 9:51pm On Oct 05, 2023
Wallteck:

Importance of a notepad and bullet points........ You did not prepare enough.....
Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by Theta1: 9:52pm On Oct 05, 2023
Whenever i see such topic i always thank God for been a prefect during my secondary school and also thank God for my seniors that will tell us to go and toast random girls during break time. Those boarding activities build my courage to face any crowd and approach any lady.

3 Likes

Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by BigSmoke4u: 9:54pm On Oct 05, 2023
Its not your fault its just the way you were brought up
Now that you know,never raise your child the same way
Some parents go dey knack pikin put inside like say na pet,shuuu na parent u be abi vet?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by Watinhapen(m): 9:54pm On Oct 05, 2023
Talking to the crowd is not difficult. You donโ€™t need to look at everyone. Just find one person that with a friendly face and keep looking at the person while talking. Donโ€™t ever look at everyone when talking to the crowd. Thatโ€™s the secret.

9 Likes

Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by kingphilip(m): 9:55pm On Oct 05, 2023
You stand and others sit down?

The key to beating the fear of facing the crowd is to master the topic. If you master the topic and you are flowing well, the crowd will not matter to you. You will just be spitting fact until you're done with the presentation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by Menclothing: 9:55pm On Oct 05, 2023
This is what
Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by minakom: 9:56pm On Oct 05, 2023
Wallteck:

Ordinary Canadian Loud for help you. Chaaai
Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by hkidola00(m): 9:56pm On Oct 05, 2023
GiftedHands47:
grin
Next time just take colos before you go
All of them go be like ants for your eyes
Then you're good to go
Thank me later
hahahahahaha,I don't agree but it funmi grin
Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by purples25(f): 9:56pm On Oct 05, 2023
Secondary school; one of my English teachers betted against the other that I could debate well. They fixed a debate with me in it. On the d day, two girls from my class sat behind me. I remember it was the tallest girl in the class and one other short girl. When I wanted to get up as my name was called, they pulled me down, they pulled my clothes, whispering to me that I don't know anything that I'll say, can I debate, etc. Because of them I sat down and didn't go. Someone else took my spot.

At the University level, 300 level to be precise, we had a group project. Everyone in my group was messing up when it came to presentation. Nobody even expected me to make anything better, as I was known to be quiet and antisocial. However, I knew the whole thing back to back. When it got to my turn, I don't know what entered me. I just looked at the fact that I know this project too well, to hell with whoever is looking at me sef. I spoke and everyone was dumbfounded. Even the lecturer was so pleased. I saved my group with my presentation. It was so surprising to my set, that girl that everyone assumes knows nothing. That week, I received admiration and hailing die. Some people even asked that I should come and teach them. It was a short lived bit of Fame, but it made me happy.

You can overcome your fear of the crowd at any age. Once you do, you can always do it again.

10 Likes

Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by MrsTwrite(f): 9:58pm On Oct 05, 2023
Sorry.
Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by Ashawoman82: 9:59pm On Oct 05, 2023
This might sound funny o, but next time take little alcohol or energy drink before addressing the crowd. Fearless energy drink does it for me .

1 Like

Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by Okechinwadike: 10:00pm On Oct 05, 2023
you shouldn't have been looking at the crowds, is just like someone climbing MTN mass they don't look down on the ground
Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by Figger(m): 10:00pm On Oct 05, 2023
advanceDNA:

Pele....
u for wear dark sunshade...
And drink small kinkini red label...not enough to get u high but just enough to make u feel u are taller than everyone in the room.... grin

Lol. we call it Dutch courage
Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by Wallteck: 10:00pm On Oct 05, 2023
BigSmoke4u:
Its not your fault its just the way you were brought up
Now that you know,never raise your child the same way
Some parents go dey knack pikin put inside like say na pet,shuuu na parent u be abi vet?

To toast a girl is not my problem naa, to be able to face crowd is the probs!!!
Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by ChristianMuslim: 10:01pm On Oct 05, 2023
Thats why its good to be social and humble
Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by flokii: 10:02pm On Oct 05, 2023
@OP Don't feel too bad, just work on your confidence level and self esteem..
Public speaking is really not hard.. Those smooth and fluent speakers you see everywhere started from somewhere.

Practice makes perfect.. as you grow older, you'd become better at it.

1 Like

Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by Lovecars501(m): 10:03pm On Oct 05, 2023
Wallteck:

To toast a girl is not my problem naa, to be able to face crowd is the probs!!! grin grin
You'll overcome it man, it's a matter of time and practice. Don't even think about using drugs or weed or any harmful stuff claiming that it'll make you "high". You'll only be ruining yourself. You'll overcome it naturally.
Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by kingphilip(m): 10:03pm On Oct 05, 2023
Wallteck:

I was trying to do it off my head, I crammed everything!!! I want to show off that I'm also intelligent
Na wetin kill you be that.

Have a small note as summary and take a sneak peek time to time to Keep you on track.

1 Like

Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by InvertedHammer: 10:03pm On Oct 05, 2023
Wallteck:

/
You sabotaged yourself.

A beginner's kit must include a small bottle of Jack Daniel's.

/

1 Like

Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by Nyascobar1414: 10:06pm On Oct 05, 2023
PaganTerrorist:

LMAO
Learn to code bro
or study medicine and surgery
Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by alfajohn: 10:11pm On Oct 05, 2023
Public speaking is not your mate. Our educational system failed us we were not trained for such.
We should have been made to make presentation at our early age.

6 Likes

Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by advanceDNA: 10:13pm On Oct 05, 2023
Figger:
Lol. we call it Dutch courage

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

But the guy messed himself up buy not using notes...he was stupidly trying to show off when he knows he has storage fright..

.. even the best speakers use notes

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

13 High Paying Side Jobs You Can Do / NPA Bans Mini Skirts And Jeans Trousers / Salary Earners Can You Relate To This Picture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.