Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,048 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! (41072 Views)

I Received My First Salary Today (PHOTO) / Has Any Federal Civil Servant Received The New Minimum Wage? / Has Anyone Received February N-power Pay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by todugo(m): 11:59pm On Oct 05, 2023
Wallteck:
I have a very big phobia talking to crowd!! Today while I was presenting a project in front of the audience , I first started with a good introduction everybody dey feel my flows, suddenly I just stopped , all the thing in my head I forget it. Na only my heart Kon dey work, my soul left my body.

I was trembling in fear, my heart was beating more than normal, I end up fucking up the interview . they assisted me on the presentation, the thing really pain me, have always be running from talking to crowd, it finally catch up to me at old age!!!

Used me as a lesson, the problem you failed to address now will catch up with you later, No matter how run away from it.

My mood just spoil today.... it really pain me a lot!!! The funniest thing is that if I'm alone I will present it very well with British accent feeling like I'm on the top of the world😭😭😭😭
Next time practice with few audience either with friends or associates. Before doing the main one. It works like charm.
Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by Warmaterial(m): 12:10am On Oct 06, 2023
Alaye na who u dey fear for this life, nawa for you o. As a real G u no suppose send anybody message, na to do ur thing without giving a Bleep. Be a man!!!!
Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by Opirlo: 12:25am On Oct 06, 2023
Go to Bible study u no gree😁😁 see am now. U start learning all this from small gathering, from publicly reading verses of the bible, u start asking questions then come the boldness of contributing ur understanding to the general brethren bro u knew u get plenty liver to ask nd answer or air ur opinion nd believe u will be happy nd excited to be waisting time with questions and answers.
Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by Georgejeez: 12:34am On Oct 06, 2023
Solution is very simple 🤣🤣, though I know you will never take it .

Just meet some Master of Ceremonies (MCs) around your town , befriend them and follow them about during weekends to anchor their parties , also follow the ones that do Stand-up comedy to perform in shows in front of the crowd ..

Then with time you start holding the Mic to freestyle before their party starts , before you know it , you will be sent to anchor a Party and events , you will surely overcome your fears , master the crowd and how to see a thousand people as one Man in front of you the moment you hold the MIC.

It's not a theoretical prowess but practical , wake me up from a drunken sleep anytime of the night and I can immediately face Millions of humans to conduct any presentation or anchor the event with the MIC .

You know why , I have learnt to see them all as just one Man , with my past experiences hustling as an MC ..
Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by GodHimself: 12:36am On Oct 06, 2023
I seek out my fears and confront them.

Repeated exposure to the thing you fear.

Wallteck:
I have a very big phobia talking to crowd!! Today while I was presenting a project in front of the audience , I first started with a good introduction everybody dey feel my flows, suddenly I just stopped , all the thing in my head I forget it. Na only my heart Kon dey work, my soul left my body.

I was trembling in fear, my heart was beating more than normal, I end up fucking up the interview . they assisted me on the presentation, the thing really pain me, have always be running from talking to crowd, it finally catch up to me at old age!!!

Used me as a lesson, the problem you failed to address now will catch up with you later, No matter how run away from it.

My mood just spoil today.... it really pain me a lot!!! The funniest thing is that if I'm alone I will present it very well with British accent feeling like I'm on the top of the world😭😭😭😭
Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by advanceDNA: 1:17am On Oct 06, 2023
McCoy662:

Bad guy 🤣🤣
This really helped me back in the days

Baba..... I say make i copy u ooooo
Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by Silentgroper(m): 1:21am On Oct 06, 2023
All you had to do was breathe in deeply and release slowly... It would ease up the anxiety...
Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by mustaphagreens(m): 1:46am On Oct 06, 2023
grin..you are not alone. My own today na Meet the Team "interview". Speaking as a technical person to non-technical people can be really difficult. The manager was just nodding and the rest of the team were just smiling even when I was clearly incoherent. I am sure my thick, unrefined accent was music to their ears. The only technical question I got was from something I built months ago and I was a bit rusty on the functionality and the why's. I somehow knew from the job descriptiom that the interview would be a disaster. It was an easy reject. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by madjune(m): 1:52am On Oct 06, 2023
Everyone dreads public speaking to some extent.

Cool down.

The first mistake you made was made in your mind.

You started off well and few mins into it, you panicked and your hormones took over. Fear.

Thing is, you could have done very well.
You were too scared to believe in yourself doing it well.

So, you failed in your mind already.
And, that's because you called it a big deal.

To speak well infront of a crowd, never call it a big deal.
Start off calmly, calmly...at some point, you will find your rhythm. From there, nature takes over.
Never try to speak fast or to try to sound like some other person.
Nature will give you your rhythm.

You didn't even complain that you've a stutter or some speech impediment. No.
You're really good to go. Next time, make sure you kill it.
You surely can.

2 Likes

Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by Nobody: 1:57am On Oct 06, 2023
Uche559:
If you r not use to talking in public, never try off hand speech. Summarize your point and when you feel you dnt remember d next thing quickly move to d next point by looking at your summary on paper.
People who r good in cramming mostly face this sort of challenge when new in public speaking. But with time and practice they become good intellectual speakers
It has nothing to do with cramming.
Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by nams77: 2:14am On Oct 06, 2023
And this na wetin I dey chop like biscuit. I dey even find presentation wey I go do sef

1 Like

Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by nams77: 2:19am On Oct 06, 2023
abobote:
When SUG PRO in the poly, I used to take a bottle of Guinness, before going to classes to Alutarise, and it worked perfectly.

It was very sweet then, I will be hearing PRO we love you. But GP paid the price, the ended in tears
PRO we love you grin cheesy

U head begin swell as dem dey hail you.

One thing that is almost sweeter than sex is being a being a captain of people . The joy of commanding
Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by gadgetplanetng: 2:53am On Oct 06, 2023
Join Toastmasters and practice
Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by Krak(m): 3:02am On Oct 06, 2023
Wallteck:

Thanks

Do not take that advise and destroy your life with drugs or give yourself Dutch Courage with alcohol.

Instead read public speaking books especially those written by Napoleon Hill. Read them and consciously apply the principles.

That was what I used to cure my chronic shyness.

I repeat do not use drugs or alcohol.
Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by Gggjhhj: 3:11am On Oct 06, 2023
dreamwords:

there is a drug i use , when im to talk in crowd, it does wonders, it changed my life, quote me if u need it, it stopped my embarrassment too

I may need the name of the drug, have same issue, trying to fight it
Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by Desusi: 3:12am On Oct 06, 2023
Wallteck:

Omo the thing really disgrace me, those girl wey fall for me before for my company just dey use me laugh!!!! The thing was a huge disappointment
Rome was not built in a day. With constant practice you would get there. Men and women who are great speakers today started in a small or horrific way like that too.l remembered vividly, how l hated addressing crowd. But when l learned the skill, my life never remained the same. First,look away from the crowd, be confidence of yourself, master your message and assumed you know better than the audience, be courageous and bold. Today,l can address 500 people at a go without feeling their presence.Forget those girls and move forward.

2 Likes

Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by eventainment(m): 3:41am On Oct 06, 2023
zedman1:
As for me, I read some books related to what you prescribed to the OP, I could speak like Obama in my head or when I'm alone, but when two or three are gathered (lol)... Ok, more than three actually, when there's a small crowd and I'm asked to speak, my heartbeat takes entire control of my being. I'm unable to say a word, just like the OP. The only thing that got to save me was when I discovered alcohol. At some point I thought I had overcome that fear but I discovered whenever I tried speaking in public without licking that juice, I fumble. And I'm not a kid anymore- I'm married sef. So I don't think it has sooo much to do with age like some people think. We're just born differently. So you see? alcohol came through for me. Those books couldn't epp.

Wow true different stroke for different folks. In the end he should just find what will work best for him

1 Like

Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by fineberry(m): 3:43am On Oct 06, 2023
Everybody has that moment when you feel or know you performed below you worth or capacity.....Op that's life, sorry.

That's why confidence is better than perfection. Perfection means doing your best while confidence means knowing how to handle the worst.
Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by fineberry(m): 3:46am On Oct 06, 2023
Confidence most times is better than perfection. The later means doing your best while the former means knowing how to handle the worst. Op failed to handle the worst.
Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by gfullmoon(m): 3:47am On Oct 06, 2023
There's no escaping to Public Speaking especially as you're growing to more maturity. If not business/work related, it might be for religious/social or even political related etc.

Taking weed or alcohol otherwise known as Dutch Courage as some are advising you is never a solution and a sign of immaturity because if your audience find out you are Speaking under the influence of substance or spirit you will loose your respect no matter how good your delivery.

The solution is- look at the crowd as your friends, speak as if you're Speaking to your friends so that you will not feel intimated by the crowd. Everyone even the best Public speakers you might know usually feel uneasiness at some point of their speech usually at the beginning which is absolutely normal, so you're not alone.

Make notes of your points so that if you mind goes blank you can fall back to your notes to regain your confidence.

Practice speaking to smaller audience to build your confidence.

Read Public speaking treaties especially by Dale Carnegie.

Practice, practice, practice.

Then you will improve

1 Like

Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by gfullmoon(m): 3:51am On Oct 06, 2023
Wallteck:

There's no escaping to Public Speaking especially as you're growing to more maturity. If not business/work related, it might be for religious/social or even political related etc.

Taking weed or alcohol otherwise known as Dutch Courage as some are advising you is never a solution and a sign of immaturity because if your audience find out you are Speaking under the influence of substance or spirit you will loose your respect no matter how good your delivery.

The solution is- look at the crowd as your friends, speak as if you're Speaking to your friends so that you will not feel intimated by the crowd. Everyone even the best Public speakers you might know usually feel uneasiness at some point of their speech usually at the beginning which is absolutely normal, so you're not alone.

Make notes of your points so that if you mind goes blank you can fall back to your notes to regain your confidence.

Practice speaking to smaller audience to build your confidence.

Read Public speaking treaties especially by Dale Carnegie.

Practice, practice, practice.

Then you will improve
Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by iguita: 4:49am On Oct 06, 2023
What happened to you is a normal human response. You can conquer it by practice.

I used to be in the same shoes until I joined Toastmasters. Toastmasters learn public speaking by speaking in front of people. It’s not a training center. Check the url below

https://www.toastmasters.org/find-a-club

Hopefully, you get to thank me later.

2 Likes

Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by mgbedianya(m): 5:09am On Oct 06, 2023
You are not alone here bro!

Mine could just be the worse.

How can this problem be overcome ?
Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by Khastro(m): 5:11am On Oct 06, 2023
advanceDNA:

Pele....
u for wear dark sunshade...
And drink small kinkini red label...not enough to get u high but just enough to make u feel u are taller than everyone in the room.... grin
Hahahahahahajaja this man u dey mad small, lol
Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by Khastro(m): 5:13am On Oct 06, 2023
Wallteck:

I think drugs can cure this thing, it seem my heart is powerful than me, my heart will just be beating for no reason
No need for any drugs. Another presentation or 2 with sufficient mock presentation (with few colleagues) will cure the damn problem.
Those colleagues may or may not be present.
Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by condralbedez: 5:15am On Oct 06, 2023
Okechinwadike:
you shouldn't have been looking at the crowds, is just like someone climbing MTN mass they don't look down on the ground
How you take know say people climbing tower don't look down
Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by Chasito(m): 5:55am On Oct 06, 2023
Wallteck:

We're you able to defend it well grin grin. The funniest thing is that my final year project I did it very well because I was only talking to one person which is my lecturer
my own many lecturers were present to judge me and ask me questions, so I was sweating, and shaking , I managed to score B grin
Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by Chasito(m): 5:56am On Oct 06, 2023
tobby20:
ordinary project proposal indey flop
grin
Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by adedayoa2(f): 5:58am On Oct 06, 2023
Pele, next time don't look into their eyes until you don get that confidence to dey speak for public gathering. This too shall pass.
Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by tollyboy5(m): 6:19am On Oct 06, 2023
Wallteck:

I think drugs can cure this thing, it seem my heart is powerful than me, my heart will just be beating for no reason
If you high small, all the audience will look like children to you.

1 Like

Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by Ten06(m): 6:22am On Oct 06, 2023
It is likely that you are highly gifted in other areas of your life. That is how it is, you will be very good in most area but one small thing will just be the Albatros in the person's life
Re: I Received The Greatest Disgrace Of My Life!!! by merits(m): 6:27am On Oct 06, 2023
Wallteck:

🤣😂🤒

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NPA Bans Mini Skirts And Jeans Trousers / Salary Earners Can You Relate To This Picture? / Firdaus Amasa Insulted Those Who Begged Her To Remove Her Hijab - Twitter User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.