Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,772 members, 7,827,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. (32375 Views)

Some Mind-blowing Facts That Sound Unreal But Are Actually True / 8 Statements That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults / 10 Animals That Don’t Look Dangerous But Are Actually Deadly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by Storypot: 1:37pm On Oct 06, 2023
Walehelt:
MOM:as you go barb now,see as you resemble beta pesin

AND in my mind I be like

Mummmy onishorireh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by JohnAOne: 2:14pm On Oct 06, 2023
Kevineleven:
You smell nice today
Sh*t grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by CandidAdmin(m): 2:56pm On Oct 06, 2023
Gaddafih001:
You be winch
Na insult be dat na.
Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by Gaddafih001(m): 3:44pm On Oct 06, 2023
CandidAdmin:

Na insult be dat na.
No.
I am only telling you that you are a genius.

3 Likes

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by CandidAdmin(m): 4:29pm On Oct 06, 2023
Gaddafih001:

No.
I am only telling you that you are a genius.

Since when does winch mean genius?

Modified: Make you stop quoting me, them don explain am to me ooo.

2 Likes

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by MrOreo(m): 4:56pm On Oct 06, 2023
This stray bullet meet me where I dey dey mind my business
Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by Nonexisting1: 5:10pm On Oct 06, 2023
Lovecars501:

My mom always tell me I look like a lion whenever my hair is two weeks old😭
You mother na wawulence queen.

2 Likes

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by cmpunk: 5:54pm On Oct 06, 2023
With all due respect........

4 Likes

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by Gaddafih001(m): 5:55pm On Oct 06, 2023
CandidAdmin:

Since when does winch mean genius?
I grew up in Sapele. I don’t know where you are from but that’s what we actually mean.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by FreeLine: 6:05pm On Oct 06, 2023
talented321:
1.when are you going to marry na..
2.when are you going to have kids na..
3.you still never enter university, na wa..
4.life no balance o' john this is you still like this..
5.try and buy new clothes na..
6.what're you doing in poly na' instead of uni..
7.bro poly is waste of time..
8.your mama dey dress this days o'
9.i don't like it when u bring ur babe to my house' but he was always bleeping his babe in your house..
10.this cloth don tay o..
11.you don need to buy new shoes o..
12.you're looking good this days o..
Clap for yourself.
Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by 1Sharon(f): 6:09pm On Oct 06, 2023
"You speak very good English"

A white man said this to me

8 Likes

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by Kenmatt(m): 7:36pm On Oct 06, 2023
1Sharon:
"You speak very good English"

A white man said this to me

And you concluded he insulted you 'cos he is a white man.

1 Like

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by 1Sharon(f): 7:39pm On Oct 06, 2023
Kenmatt:

And you concluded he insulted you 'cos he is a white man.

Yep. As a person that grew up in Britian that's the minimum that should be expected of a person, so it's a weird compliment.

He was expecting otherwise because I'm black.

10 Likes

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by linearity: 7:50pm On Oct 06, 2023
CandidAdmin:

Na insult be dat na.

Not if said like a question, e.g.

You be winch?

Is actually a compliment.

2 Likes

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by tnerro1(m): 7:55pm On Oct 06, 2023
“ you fine sha”😁

2 Likes

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by CandidAdmin(m): 8:02pm On Oct 06, 2023
Gaddafih001:

I grew up in Sapele. I don’t know where you are from but that’s what we actually mean.

Oh, ok.
Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by CandidAdmin(m): 8:06pm On Oct 06, 2023
linearity:

Not if said like a question, e.g.
You be winch? Is actually a compliment.
Now I get it.
Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by Kenmatt(m): 8:51pm On Oct 06, 2023
1Sharon:

Yep. As a person that grew up in Britian that's the minimum that should be expected of a person, so it's a weird compliment.

He was expecting otherwise because I'm black.

He might have still got astonished that your expressions may have featured error free, unlike most of your people.
Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by VinnyBaba: 9:03pm On Oct 06, 2023
I didn't know ur TOWTOW could be so Tight like this!. shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by Nehyooh(m): 9:43pm On Oct 06, 2023
Kevineleven:
You smell nice today
Haaaaaaa grin

1 Like

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by Nehyooh(m): 9:45pm On Oct 06, 2023
fineberry:
So you decide to call me today!!.[i][/i]....when they're the once that has never returned your previous calls.
It's really annoying seriously.

1 Like

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by 1Sharon(f): 9:47pm On Oct 06, 2023
Kenmatt:

He might have still got astonished that your expressions may have featured error free, unlike most of your people.

Who is most of my people?

1 Like

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by Silentgroper(m): 9:59pm On Oct 06, 2023
talented321:
9.i don't like it when u bring ur babe to my house' but he was always bleeping his babe in your house..
my man ...

You're off the tracks...

5 Likes

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by Macmilla(m): 10:53pm On Oct 06, 2023
You smell nice today.

You look clean today.

Where did you buy this your fine wristwatch, do they have the original one?

1 Like

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by wumi2017(f): 11:02pm On Oct 06, 2023
Your face dey shine today
Ur body look fresh today o 😂

1 Like

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by blaquebelle: 12:25am On Oct 07, 2023
You look beautiful for a black lady angry

1 Like

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by Hemeshemeheru(m): 3:57pm On Oct 07, 2023
I hate it when Nigerians always address people with the word Orga.

1 Like

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by RuddyFusion(m): 4:00pm On Oct 07, 2023
koladata:
are you still working in that place ?

Explain this one biko
Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by dahmie2013: 4:01pm On Oct 07, 2023
"With all due respect". Especially what comes after that statement.

6 Likes

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by iLoveYouToo(m): 4:02pm On Oct 07, 2023
talented321:

The things you typed don’t seem like compliments they’re outright impertinent and this raises questions about your discernment capabilities

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by chical: 4:03pm On Oct 07, 2023
Omo, this your T-shirt strong o. How many years have you been using it

4 Likes

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by Sammy5413(m): 4:04pm On Oct 07, 2023
With all due respect sir

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Judith Alaka Missing Since Monday (pics) / What Is That Thing That Everybody Is Doing That You Consider Wrong? / What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.