Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. (32372 Views)

Some Mind-blowing Facts That Sound Unreal But Are Actually True / 8 Statements That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults / 10 Animals That Don’t Look Dangerous But Are Actually Deadly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by vikstandon(m): 4:04pm On Oct 07, 2023
You fine small sha!

3 Likes

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by DiamondPant(f): 4:04pm On Oct 07, 2023
Your colleague shows up at work with a pack of mint as a gift for you.
Damn!!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by Toosure70: 4:05pm On Oct 07, 2023
InfernoNig:
As I see that red shirt, I just know say na you dey come.

As I see your slippers for front door, I just know say you dey around.

This life Sha.
please God help me o.

2 Likes

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by PrinceGallant: 4:06pm On Oct 07, 2023
You are too intelligent to be muslim.

8 Likes

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by dododawa1: 4:06pm On Oct 07, 2023
Your yahoo yahoo still dey pay?

1 Like

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by Adewale1603(m): 4:06pm On Oct 07, 2023
You look great today
Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by ekene101: 4:10pm On Oct 07, 2023
Gaddafih001:

I grew up in Sapele. I don’t know where you are from but that’s what we actually mean.
area

1 Like

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by Sleekfingers: 4:10pm On Oct 07, 2023
1Sharon:

Yep. As a person that grew up in Britian that's the minimum that should be expected of a person, so it's a weird compliment.

He was expecting otherwise because I'm black.

Not really....there are lots Nigerians and others that can't speak good English, despite staying there for a long time.
I went to University in the UK. And I can tell you for a fact, there are lots of Nigerians that have lived in the UK for more 20 years. But still battling with English.........The white dude knows what he was saying......

1 Like

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by phemmyfour: 4:10pm On Oct 07, 2023
Chingyyy878:
What are some things that sound like compliments but are actually insults?
You are quiet today

You are looking beautiful these days

You sef don dey use iPhone/wear designer

You sef dey get boy/girl friend

You iron your clothes today

How come you didn't have carry over last semester

You speak good English

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by deyemia: 4:10pm On Oct 07, 2023
I didn’t know you’re this smart!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by koning: 4:10pm On Oct 07, 2023
Rahkman:
You are very fresh and beautiful I thought you were igbo didn't know you were yoruba

This 'compliment' is very common in Lagos. I am guilty of using it too, innocently.

The ladies immidiately go very defensive. The most common answer is "I am from Ondo state. we are fair too in colour".

Funny how we are all guilty of stereotypes without realizing it.

2 Likes

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by ImeAsian(m): 4:12pm On Oct 07, 2023
Tell and Arsenal fan,that champion 🏆 is coming to Emirate Soon.
Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by Dancebreaker: 4:12pm On Oct 07, 2023
Walehelt:
MOM:as you go barb now,see as you resemble beta pesin
Which parent doesn't say that? grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by ekene101: 4:13pm On Oct 07, 2023
Wish say money dey my hand,I for just buy this perfume for you,you go like the scent.

2 Likes

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by michael1508: 4:15pm On Oct 07, 2023
He is a nice guy,he can't do anything even if we sleep on the same bed grin

This designer cloth of yours is popular

1 Like

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by Tayorshd87: 4:16pm On Oct 07, 2023
talented321:
1.when are you going to marry na..
2.when are you going to have kids na..
3.you still never enter university, na wa..
4.life no balance o' john this is you still like this..
5.try and buy new clothes na..
6.what're you doing in poly na' instead of uni..
7.bro poly is waste of time..
8.your mama dey dress this days o'
9.i don't like it when u bring ur babe to my house' but he was always bleeping his babe in your house..
10.this cloth don tay o..
11.you don need to buy new shoes o..
12.you're looking good this days o..

😂 U are a real street niggar bro ☺️
Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by Godwin4444: 4:16pm On Oct 07, 2023
Rahkman:
You are very fresh and beautiful I thought you were igbo didn't know you were yoruba
the way u dey talk like who no get sense I think say u be igbo, so surprised u are Yoruba

That line dey pain ooo

1 Like

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by gigabyte13: 4:19pm On Oct 07, 2023
You are looking good today.....
🤣😂🤣😂😂😂🤣🤣😂
🤣😂🤣😂😂😂🤣😂🤣
So all this while, na gorilla l resembled

2 Likes

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by Babastrong(m): 4:21pm On Oct 07, 2023
Your head is correct like that of a man who sold his car and used the money to buy bicycle.
Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by sukkot: 4:22pm On Oct 07, 2023
small yansh done dey shake

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by uuzba(m): 4:22pm On Oct 07, 2023
Wisdom has been trying to catch you but you are always faster.

2 Likes

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by uuzba(m): 4:26pm On Oct 07, 2023
Adewale1603:
You look great today
What of yesterday? How did I look?
Say it.
grin
Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by Desire18: 4:27pm On Oct 07, 2023
Your shoe is fine oo but it's original will be costly😁😁

2 Likes

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by Adewale1603(m): 4:28pm On Oct 07, 2023
uuzba:

What of yesterday? How did I look?
Say it.
grin
that is the insult
It means that you've always look bad or ugly all others days. Only today being expectional

1 Like

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by sukkot: 4:30pm On Oct 07, 2023
your gbola looks very big today ooo

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by uuzba(m): 4:31pm On Oct 07, 2023
CandidAdmin:

Since when does winch mean genius?
Yeah it basically means a person who does things no one else can understand.
If you saying winch in a happy way, you imply the person is a genius.
If you say winch with anger, then you imply the person is evil and ought to tbe punished.

1 Like

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by Exceed15: 4:31pm On Oct 07, 2023
Babe see as u full ground
Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by kiddkash(m): 4:36pm On Oct 07, 2023
You don dey dress well or you don dey fine sha
Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by shortIGBOman: 4:38pm On Oct 07, 2023
Rahkman:

You mean, Igbo are fresh and beautiful?

1 Like

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by RhodaNelly: 4:39pm On Oct 07, 2023
"Omo you just waste that your beauty ooo"
That's the conclusion of the subtle insult. Lol 😅

Rahkman:
Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by tuzle(m): 4:41pm On Oct 07, 2023
When someone ask me around 10pm, "have u eaten?"

1 Like

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by sonnie10: 4:44pm On Oct 07, 2023
Well done. You hear?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Judith Alaka Missing Since Monday (pics) / What Is That Thing That Everybody Is Doing That You Consider Wrong? / What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.