Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,724 members, 7,820,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. (32356 Views)

Some Mind-blowing Facts That Sound Unreal But Are Actually True / 8 Statements That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults / 10 Animals That Don’t Look Dangerous But Are Actually Deadly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by Kingjbase: 4:56pm On Oct 07, 2023
You no dey tire to wear this cloth
Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by Timothy89(m): 4:57pm On Oct 07, 2023
are you still living in that area?

1 Like

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by Manfromlasvegas(m): 5:05pm On Oct 07, 2023
Rahkman:
You are very fresh and beautiful I thought you were igbo didn't know you were yoruba

This one na genuine common error. E get people wey u go see wey go rrsemble igbo but dem no be Igbo. E get people wey u go see wey go resemble Yoruba but dem no be Yoruba. Just that the stereotypical Igbo look na fair pesin while d stereotypical Yoruba look na dark pesin. The problem be say in this parts: fair mostly equal fine and dark, for many people, equal ugly. Shame
Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by Chochovini: 5:09pm On Oct 07, 2023
Ask any girl, “What tribe are you from?“ GIRL; “I am from xyz tribe“. YOU ; “ What? And you‘re so beauiful like this? Now, this is a compliment associated by insult very closely.

2 Likes

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by CaptainFM1: 5:09pm On Oct 07, 2023
"With all due respect....."

Whenever you hear that, it's about to be followed with disrespectful statement.

1 Like

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by Zimzy(m): 5:17pm On Oct 07, 2023
I no know say you like beans like this next time when you come I go make plenty

2 Likes

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by ariesbull: 5:17pm On Oct 07, 2023
Manfromlasvegas:

This one na genuine common error. E get people wey u go see wey go rrsemble igbo but dem no be Igbo. E get people wey u go see wey go resemble Yoruba but dem no be Yoruba. Just that the stereotypical Igbo look na fair pesin while d stereotypical Yoruba look na dark pesin. The problem be say in this parts: fair mostly equal fine and dark, for many people, equal ugly. Shame
igbo are fresher in looks
Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by donwily(m): 5:20pm On Oct 07, 2023
Wow! So, you're from Ibadan?. You don't behave like them at all.
You are so different.

Mumu go now open his 32 and be laughing like a fool while responding, "Yes, I was born and brought up in Enugu, even those their nonsense foods, o don't eat them. I only eat Igbo food."
Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by fabolouz1(m): 5:29pm On Oct 07, 2023
Starting a conversation with "hey".
Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by Slimplush: 5:31pm On Oct 07, 2023
talented321:
1.when are you going to marry na..
2.when are you going to have kids na..
3.you still never enter university, na wa..
4.life no balance o' john this is you still like this..
5.try and buy new clothes na..
6.what're you doing in poly na' instead of uni..
7.bro poly is waste of time..
8.your mama dey dress this days o'
9.i don't like it when u bring ur babe to my house' but he was always bleeping his babe in your house..
10.this cloth don tay o..
11.you don need to buy new shoes o..
12.you're looking good this days o..
most of your write-up na advice in a subtle way... not a complement

2 Likes

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by LegallyBlunt: 5:35pm On Oct 07, 2023
talented321:
9.i don't like it when u bring ur babe to my house' but he was always bleeping his babe in your house..
oga these are straight insults na.

1 Like

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by danielandersonj: 5:39pm On Oct 07, 2023
Boss!, chairman, big man, I hail oo, olowo!
All na wash! If dem halla you those names for public, dem fit kidnap you, whereas money nor Dey pocket grin grin grin cry cry

1 Like

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by enemyofprogress: 5:42pm On Oct 07, 2023
talented321:
you seem not to know the meaning of compliments

1 Like

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by tuns486(m): 5:46pm On Oct 07, 2023
Chingyyy878:
What are some things that sound like compliments but are actually insults?

Calling me Dogo. Omo gah because I am tall.

So very annoying to me.

1 Like

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by 1Sharon(f): 5:48pm On Oct 07, 2023
Sleekfingers:

Not really....there are lots Nigerians and others that can't speak good English, despite staying there for a long time.
I went to University in the UK. And I can tell you for a fact, there are lots of Nigerians that have lived in the UK for more 20 years. But still battling with English.........The white dude knows what he was saying......

Maybe they left Nigeria at an older age..
Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by VaginaAcademic: 5:51pm On Oct 07, 2023
See as you resemble or dey talk like better person

1 Like

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by 1Sharon(f): 5:56pm On Oct 07, 2023
koning:

This 'compliment' is very common in Lagos. I am guilty of using it too, innocently.

The ladies immidiately go very defensive. The most common answer is "I am from Ondo state. we are fair too in colour".

Funny how we are all guilty of stereotypes without realizing it.

Because there are certain people that think they have the monopoly on light skin.
Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by Omolomo4eva(m): 6:08pm On Oct 07, 2023
See as u fine like mumu
Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by EthanSly: 6:12pm On Oct 07, 2023
If beauty was a felony.. You'd be innocent

1 Like

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by osazsky(m): 6:20pm On Oct 07, 2023
Telling Ronaldo fans that Messi won the last concluded world cup..very painful..then that man u is a good team
Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by drimzsmoke(m): 6:28pm On Oct 07, 2023
Walehelt:
MOM:as you go barb now,see as you resemble beta pesin

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by drimzsmoke(m): 6:45pm On Oct 07, 2023
CandidAdmin:

Since when does winch mean genius?

Where you dey live all these while
Anytime your prediction of a future event comes to pass, your friends will be like:
You be winch ooo, how you know say that question go come out for today's exam?
You be winch o, how you take know say that girl dey cheat on him babe
You be winch, how you know say dem go bring/take light now....ati bebe lo

3 Likes

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by Faslite(m): 7:06pm On Oct 07, 2023
Rahkman:
You are very fresh and beautiful I thought you were igbo didn't know you were yoruba
Rahkman:
Rahkman:
Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by patorial(m): 7:26pm On Oct 07, 2023
talented321:

Did you even read the post before commenting this rubbish?

*Insults that sounds like compliments
Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by 2Radii: 7:32pm On Oct 07, 2023
Rahkman:
Who want to be compared with p!gs?? grin

1 Like

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by Coolcat95: 7:35pm On Oct 07, 2023
U smell nice today oo🤭
Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by kcowen(m): 7:42pm On Oct 07, 2023
This your cloth fine..how much be the original

1 Like

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by Wotowotoman: 8:08pm On Oct 07, 2023
talented321:

Do these sound like compliments to you or just straight insults? Please learn to read before Yamayama fall on that your bald head there. Lazy youth angry
Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by ruzell86: 8:16pm On Oct 07, 2023
Abeg comot... make i talk to better person.

One FRSC idiot once told me this while he was trying to extort my boss on the high way, when i was becoming an obstacle.. grin

1 Like

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by SweetDipBenny(m): 8:27pm On Oct 07, 2023
U sabi maintain cloth well well smiley

1 Like

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by Abyounghammed(m): 9:04pm On Oct 07, 2023
This ur jeans na one of a kind o, I sure na original

1 Like

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by correctguy101(m): 9:06pm On Oct 07, 2023
RPG2020:
Congratulations 🎉🎉 una don born again angry

Hahahaha..

My gramps na correct falling hand on this one .. grin

The old baba took me somewhere back then, the man wife jhus born and they already had like 5, welcoming the sixth.

My gramps told him flatly exactly the way you said. But the wicked old man had to add: "I know say next year we go come greet una again".... grin

Come see laughter that evening....grin

That man choice of words na fire...cheesy

I miss the old man jor...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Judith Alaka Missing Since Monday (pics) / What Is That Thing That Everybody Is Doing That You Consider Wrong? / What Are The Most Important Lessons You Have Learnt In Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.