Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,856 members, 7,813,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. (32342 Views)

Some Mind-blowing Facts That Sound Unreal But Are Actually True / 8 Statements That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults / 10 Animals That Don’t Look Dangerous But Are Actually Deadly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by Ibrahimlagosian(m): 9:07pm On Oct 07, 2023
LOL grin
InfernoNig:
As I see that red shirt, I just know say na you dey come.

As I see your slippers for front door, I just know say you dey around.

This life Sha.
Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by Ibrahimlagosian(m): 9:10pm On Oct 07, 2023
Omo,e be like say you marry this your phone o.you no go change am?

1 Like

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by Ibrahimlagosian(m): 9:15pm On Oct 07, 2023
That's very rude bro.i just hope you smiled it away?
PrinceGallant:
You are too intelligent to be muslim.

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by CalabarPikin: 9:21pm On Oct 07, 2023
This your bag fine ooh....but the original one will be very expensive

1 Like

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by McStoic(m): 9:29pm On Oct 07, 2023
koladata:
are you still working in that place ?

Hahahaha...this one off me ooo. I can totally relate but I find it harmless though πŸ˜†

2 Likes

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by Ibrahimlagosian(m): 9:30pm On Oct 07, 2023
My brother in fate grin, just bear patience with those people,be frank and speak up that you really don't like it and insist that your name must be used instead.if they refuse,simply ignore the hell out of them.they will get angry and would eventually stop it.
tuns486:

Calling me Dogo. Omo gah because I am tall.

So very annoying to me.
Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by fitinwell: 9:40pm On Oct 07, 2023
Chingyyy878:
What are some things that sound like compliments but are actually insults?

Make your Child no go resemble you oo

1 Like

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by extremelygolden: 9:40pm On Oct 07, 2023
kushercain:
"You don dey get sense oh!"

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by Tallesty1(m): 9:50pm On Oct 07, 2023
kevwemike:
How was your night ( which means did u have sex last night) the correct one should be HOW WAS UR NIGHT REST?
Nothing is wrong with how was your night.

1 Like

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by nairamaniac: 10:15pm On Oct 07, 2023
talented321:
1.when are you going to marry na..
2.when are you going to have kids na..
3.you still never enter university, na wa..
4.life no balance o' john this is you still like this..
5.try and buy new clothes na..
6.what're you doing in poly na' instead of uni..
7.bro poly is waste of time..
8.your mama dey dress this days o'
9.i don't like it when u bring ur babe to my house' but he was always bleeping his babe in your house..
10.this cloth don tay o..
11.you don need to buy new shoes o..
12.you're looking good this days o..
all these are direct insults and yabs.
Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by profoejr(m): 10:27pm On Oct 07, 2023
Beautiful picture
Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by DonroxyII: 2:08am On Oct 08, 2023
1Sharon:

Yep. As a person that grew up in Britian that's the minimum that should be expected of a person, so it's a weird compliment.

He was expecting otherwise because I'm black.
You should have Told Him "You are Speaking Good English too"

1 Like

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by HRMK: 6:11am On Oct 08, 2023
EVEN A DUNDERHEAD KNOWS THESE ARE INSULTS!
Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by MNDY(m): 6:41am On Oct 08, 2023
KingMack:
Big man...only you jus dey chop your money

πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…
Before

If you nor talk say you want, I nor go give u ooo
Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by vickydevoka(m): 8:28am On Oct 08, 2023
Rahkman:
You are very fresh and beautiful I thought you were igbo didn't know you were yoruba
This is very true
Or as you black like this I been think say no Yoruba, I no no say u be igbo

1 Like

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by aremubabs: 8:45am On Oct 08, 2023
Kenmatt:

He might have still got astonished that your expressions may have featured error free, unlike most of your people.

It is an insult.

It is like when I worked for this Chinese on a contract and at the end of the contract, he told me he was impressed that I didn't steal. I was like, was he expecting me to steal? They see blacks as dishonest and are always shocked when they come across a honest black person.
Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by OgbeniIbigbami(m): 9:14am On Oct 08, 2023
Calm down!
Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by BJanta: 12:36pm On Oct 08, 2023
You are photogenic.
Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by hardon1(m): 3:10pm On Oct 08, 2023
koladata:
are you still working in that place ?

I have gotten this enough grin grin grin grin

Abeg I dey find work ooooo

1 Like

Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by Lovecars501(m): 5:27pm On Oct 09, 2023
Nonexisting1:
You mother na wawulence queen.
I agree πŸ’―
Re: Things That Sound Like Compliments But Are Actually Insults. by virginboy1(m): 11:27am On Oct 15, 2023
InfernoNig:
As I see that red shirt, I just know say na you dey come.

As I see your slippers for front door, I just know say you dey around.

This life Sha.

Hahahahaha....

*This your shirt don turn uniform...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is That Thing That Everybody Is Doing That You Consider Wrong? / Amazing Facts Of Life You Should Read! / Judith Alaka Missing Since Monday (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.