Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,246 members, 7,811,691 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:21 PM

My Horrible Experience At Computer Village - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Horrible Experience At Computer Village (28091 Views)

Police, Task Force Repel Hoodlums Attempt At Computer Village Ikeja / Boy Caught Stealing At Computer Village (Video) / Iphone 11 Thief Caught At Computer Village, Ikeja, Receives Multiple Slaps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by wman(m): 2:38pm On Oct 07, 2023
Everyone I know personally that bought Starlink bought theirs from the website. There is even a discount now that brings the price down to less than N300k.

Your email account has to be registered to the device for subscription and other payments. Buying a pre-registered device might cause issues with payment and all.

Plus, you should have collected the store owner number, not a random salesperson.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by 9gerian: 2:45pm On Oct 07, 2023
And there is a single denominator across all those markets: They are Igbo dominated. What does this mean for understanding and proffering enduring solutions to widespread/boldfaced scams in those markets?

Maybe the market associations should be engaged and held responsible by law enforcement and the government to weed out bad eggs through self regulation etc.

KunleAkingbadeh:
Don't you know that the sets of people that trade in Alaba, Ladipo, Computer Village etc are never to be trusted. They are rogues and bunch of criminals parading themselves as Businessmen. Truth, honesty and integrity are rare commodities in their enterprise.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by laivwire(m): 3:00pm On Oct 07, 2023
burp18:

I have travelled across about 34 of the 36 states in Nigeria and northerners are about the only place where you'd find people with a little bit of honesty.
I second your opinion on this. Im not a northerner but been fortunate to live along the longitude of Nigeria. Yes, there are rough ones among them but the North is still the place you can find a bit of honesty primarily due to how religious they are.

You see Southerners from Kogi going down. Bad as they come and worse as you go lower. There's a reason I decided to set up base up north. The south is rough

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by fashionnisir(f): 3:03pm On Oct 07, 2023
Chibuzoripob:
angry Nonsense. U are helping them to SCAM unsuspecting public. Publish the business name(be it yoruba/igbo).You are supporting their CRIMINALITY if u fail to tell us the store bame

NewBossBDR
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by OkukoIgbo: 3:06pm On Oct 07, 2023
osazsky:
Nigerians are not mean it's d igbos that are mean.very stupid people who can betray thier parents at d sight of 10k..imagine if peter hoebi had worn d election.. imagine a pig running the affairs of this country .imagine pigs littred all over aso rock

Who collected 4k to become fake bishops?
You yorubas are disgusting fellows, and don't tell me you've not treated the seizure caused by your smelly mama Toto sipping into your brain.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by maasoap(m): 3:09pm On Oct 07, 2023
burp18:
Exactly. And no one's doing anything about it. And when it deteriorates further and the government finally decides to intervene and flush out these bad people, they start playing the pity card and making it appear as though the govt is taking away their source of livelihood without providing an alternative. I just don't get how long this is supposed to continue. Over 60% of the items sold at computer village are either fake, used, refurbished or with defects.

Quit whining, it is either you and your friend take action against the fraudsters since you know them or let it go.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by tonididdy(m): 3:17pm On Oct 07, 2023
Lol grin unless I be yahoo boy, I'll follow you to the end of the world for a full refund esp against an Igbo trader.

I don't ever....I mean ever lose my one cent to them when they trying to be smart.
Fact: they (igbo traders) are the hardest persons to get a refund from!

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by GloriousGbola: 3:18pm On Oct 07, 2023
wman:
Everyone I know personally that bought Starlink bought theirs from the website. There is even a discount now that brings the price down to less than N300k.

Your email account has to be registered to the device for subscription and other payments. Buying a pre-registered device might cause issues with payment and all.

Plus, you should have collected the store owner number, not a random salesperson.

nigerians do not yet understand the way ownership is going in the west

this same issue occurs with teslas

a lot of tesla features are locked behind software and you must have an account to use them

if you sell your tesla - unless you also sell your account with it , the new buyer will not have access to features like ludicrous mode etc.

unfortunately, there is a deliberate trap here we cannot open the device to test it unless you buy it. so you have still released money at which point they start telling you the stories

also sometimes people are unfortunately in a hurry, which is how these things happen

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by Barywhyte(m): 3:34pm On Oct 07, 2023
burp18:
To top everything off. It shows on starlink website that that there's a 20% price slash on this item and the it'll last till november. Shipping it doesn't cost much and it takes less than two weeks to arrive.
I just don't get the idea behind why people do the things that they do. If there 1000 people doing business in computer village, over 900 are criminals.

I would say 998 are criminals. I know that place too well.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by Sleekfingers: 3:48pm On Oct 07, 2023
burp18:
Exactly. And no one's doing anything about it. And when it deteriorates further and the government finally decides to intervene and flush out these bad people, they start playing the pity card and making it appear as though the govt is taking away their source of livelihood without providing an alternative. I just don't get how long this is supposed to continue. Over 60% of the items sold at computer village are either fake, used, refurbished or with defects.

Fasola wanted to do it when he was the governor. Don't know what later happened.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by Sleekfingers: 3:49pm On Oct 07, 2023
phemmyfour:
They are many here on Nairaland. Nigerians are just dubious by nature. That's why I only patronised known shops that have something to lose in computer village. If you had gone with a soldier may be you would have gotten a refund or replacement

Some Nigerians.....
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by Sleekfingers: 3:55pm On Oct 07, 2023
burp18:
All three numbers are switched off. Welcome to Nigeria. Stupid country.

Go to their office na
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by int0x80(m): 4:03pm On Oct 07, 2023
Why didn't you buy it directly from starlink? I thought they partnered with one Nigerian company like that. I have zero trust for anything that concerns Nigeria and Nigerians. Everyone is a crook in Nigeria just waiting for perfect opportunity to strike!
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by trevorhorace(m): 4:19pm On Oct 07, 2023
burp18:
Now, I could put contact and the pictures of the people involved in these. But it doesn't get any messier than it already is.

I'm just saying you can be a legitimate business person and still do good. If you have to lie your way or cheat and deceive unsuspecting clients to stay in business, then you're not going to stay in business for long.

You're purchasing products over the phone from computer village. You try o. Too much money grin grin grin
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by Johel(m): 4:25pm On Oct 07, 2023
burp18:
One last thing I learned more about this is very few people deserve pity. The fraudster of a salesperson with whom I we initiated this transaction kept pleading and begging me not escalate the matter because in her words. If the boss finds out, they'd lose their job. When we finally took the matter the store owner. The person didn't even hesitate to throw me under the bus. Fraudster was just in a hurry to absolve themselves and make it seem I didn't even know what I was buying or how it works. Nigerians are devilish people.

"Nigerians are devilish people",I'm glad someone said it. That's Nigerians for you.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by PossibleG007: 5:45pm On Oct 07, 2023
burp18:
Are you stupid or high on something? This is a store I've been buying stuff from for over 10 years. Only reason this happened was because I wasn't present and they picked the item from another store.
your the one who’s stupid because u got scammed at the end of the day which servers u right MF
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by PossibleG007: 5:45pm On Oct 07, 2023
trevorhorace:

You're purchasing products over the phone from computer village. You try o. Too much money grin grin grin
don’t mind the mugu
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by Xkale1996(m): 5:46pm On Oct 07, 2023
burp18:
There was not. Can you imagine? They were trying to refer me to the person from whom they picked the item from. The whole thing is funny because the store owner whom I rever and respect so much. I expected him to do something about it, but it turns out they're all in it together.
make I join with soldiers
Make una visit the shops
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by FxExpo(m): 6:22pm On Oct 07, 2023
Scamming is everywhere in Nigeria especially now from the grassroots to the top (president office) you should extract lesson from this. As for me I prefer to get whatever I want myself, inspect it, access it etc. Even in nairaland I can't trust anyone because nairaland and telegram are 5&6
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by OSDD(m): 6:24pm On Oct 07, 2023
This op is very sick and stupid!!!!

Take action against them, you say no
Drop their details and let people avoid them, you say no

He's just defending by with *I've known them for 100 years * *I've referred a whole nation to them* *I can't believe they can do this* *police won't do anything*

But you bring matter come here, you should have taken the matter to the people you referred na, very stupid and useless thread. I hate it when a man with two balls is sooo docile

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by DaCharis2016: 6:42pm On Oct 07, 2023
Oga go and involve the police.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by Buhdeuce: 9:11pm On Oct 07, 2023
burp18:
the store I bought the item is very closet to very container you're talking about. Na them them. I know what I'm saying.

Brother just take the step first. They will help you.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by Reference(m): 3:45am On Oct 08, 2023
Until Nigerians collectively agree to build their nation out of an abundance of regret for the carnage and mutually assured destruction we presently and persistently experience, things are not bound to improve.

When we eventually wake up and stand to fight for the establishment of our institutions.

Then we will fight for the establishment of law and order in our society.

Then we will have succeeded in establishing a true value system that makes these stories a thing of the past.

But as long as we cannot do that but rather hold on to sentiment, then we will continue to suffer the consequences and in our little closets and ventures continue to live like the beasts of the wild.

The tragedy of the black man, of the African, of the Nigerian is a failure of perspective. His inability to simultaneously view the minute details of life, the fine print, while at the same time lifting his eyes to the horizon, to see the big picture, the future of his deeds.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by Westves: 7:09am On Oct 08, 2023
burp18:
Police ke? They called l bluff when I threatened to involve the police. They have their own police outpost in computer village. Na them them. They're all a bunch of criminals both the police and the sellers. This country is a fraud that should be burned to the ground with everything that's in it.
Allah. From a-z. No escape. Dismantle and restart from the ground up
?
9gerian:
And there is a single denominator across all those markets: They are Igbo dominated. What does this mean for understanding and proffering enduring solutions to widespread/boldfaced scams in those markets?

Maybe the market associations should be engaged and held responsible by law enforcement and the government to weed out bad eggs through self regulation etc.

The phone engineer who overcharged me for repairs at that market is a yoruba boy called segun. The thieves who sold us fake iPhones from jiji/computer village/olowo street, are both yoruba guys. Stop being a dolt and overgrow silly bigotry

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by Ofemmanu1: 8:21am On Oct 08, 2023
KunleAkingbadeh:
Don't you know that the sets of people that trade in Alaba, Ladipo, Computer Village etc are never to be trusted. They are rogues and bunch of criminals parading themselves as Businessmen. Truth, honesty and integrity are rare commodities in their enterprise.

Those people are the potopoto Jews from the godforsaken yeastern area.

If Lagos govt descend on them now, they go begin cry marginallization.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by Ofemmanu1: 8:24am On Oct 08, 2023
burp18:
this is exactly my grouse with them. They're refusing to admit they sold me garbage. I'm trying to under how you buy a product and you find there are completely different serial No's on the indoor unit, outdoor unit, and the carton itself. When the so called supplier came he claimed the serial numbers were all supposed to be different. I started to wonder when a carton became an appliance to have it's own separate serial No different from item inside the carton. In all of these... I'd say my only disappointment is in the store owner. This is someone with who I've been doing business. I've recommended a lot of people to him many of which he doesn't even know.

Naso Yebhoe people dey do.

One basterrd sold a bad tranny to my friend, after he returned it, the basterrd Yebhoe said my friend could have paid him for the installation to do the job.
Since he paid his mechanic, the mechanic should carry the cross.

I learn a bitter lesson that day.

If you're buying anything valuable from those potopoto people, kindly pay seller to do the installation.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by burp18: 9:05am On Oct 08, 2023
Xkale1996:
make I join with soldiers
Make una visit the shops
How can I reach you please?
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by burp18: 9:07am On Oct 08, 2023
PossibleG007:
your the one who’s stupid because u got scammed at the end of the day which servers u right MF
You're either a slowpoke or you cannot read. If you'd read the whole story you'd have seen the part where I said I wasn't present in any of these. All I did was recommended my friend buys from them because we've been buying items from them for the past 10years without even visiting the store. We only need place an order and they'd deliver our items to us at our desired location.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by yemi1504: 12:07pm On Oct 08, 2023
burp18:
On returning the item. Just I had predicted they would. They started to give me stupid craps about how I must have started the registration half way and my account is the one tied to the device and stuff.

I got to understand something. Nigerians are mean. By mean I mean Nigerians are very mean people. I have travelled across about 34 of the 36 states in Nigeria and northerners are about the only place where you'd find people with a little bit of honesty.

You can say that again! And they wonder how they get mean leaders!
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by yemi1504: 12:07pm On Oct 08, 2023
burp18:
Now, I could put contact and the pictures of the people involved in these. But it doesn't get any messier than it already is.

I'm just saying you can be a legitimate business person and still do good. If you have to lie your way or cheat and deceive unsuspecting clients to stay in business, then you're not going to stay in business for long.

Exactly!
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by yemi1504: 12:08pm On Oct 08, 2023
burp18:
One last thing I learned more about this is very few people deserve pity. The fraudster of a salesperson with whom I we initiated this transaction kept pleading and begging me not escalate the matter because in her words. If the boss finds out, they'd lose their job. When we finally took the matter the store owner. The person didn't even hesitate to throw me under the bus. Fraudster was just in a hurry to absolve themselves and make it seem I didn't even know what I was buying or how it works. Nigerians are devilish people.

You are just getting to know?
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by yemi1504: 12:09pm On Oct 08, 2023
eteebanky:
My guy

They sold second hand starlink to you instead of a Brand New sealed starlink kits.....that is so illegal

Report them to the police ASAP

Exactly! 400k is not sneezing money o!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Two Men Shot Dead During Fight With Policemen In Akwa Ibom. Graphic Photo / Nigerian Man Arrested In India With 600 Grams Of Heroin Shaped As Eggs / Ibadan Bolt Driver Shares His Experience As Car Thieves Tried To Sedate Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.