Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,254 members, 7,811,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

My Horrible Experience At Computer Village - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Horrible Experience At Computer Village (28092 Views)

Police, Task Force Repel Hoodlums Attempt At Computer Village Ikeja / Boy Caught Stealing At Computer Village (Video) / Iphone 11 Thief Caught At Computer Village, Ikeja, Receives Multiple Slaps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by inoki247: 9:16am On Oct 07, 2023
Lol
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by Kalakulu: 9:16am On Oct 07, 2023
You got scammed like the dunce that you are, next time "tear your eye" before your age mates ridicule you in public.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by thrillionaire(m): 9:16am On Oct 07, 2023
burp18:
this is exactly my grouse with them. They're refusing to admit they sold me garbage. I'm trying to under how you buy a product and you find there are completely different serial No's on the indoor unit, outdoor unit, and the carton itself. When the so called supplier came he claimed the serial numbers were all supposed to be different. I started to wonder when a carton became an appliance to have it's own separate serial No different from item inside the carton. In all of these... I'd say my only disappointment is in the store owner. This is someone with who I've been doing business. I've recommended a lot of people to him many of which he doesn't even know.

Oga stop all these explanations already and report them to the police. Also name and shame them here so others can be wary of them. Else you're just an enabler of crime and are no different from those you accuse.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by wittywriter: 9:17am On Oct 07, 2023
Computer village of criminals.

Wittyness
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by gehes7: 9:17am On Oct 07, 2023
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by CEPHAS101: 9:18am On Oct 07, 2023
The most annoying part isn't the refusal to refund, but working hand in hand with the police....My brother.. Sope otilo

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by Sheriman(m): 9:19am On Oct 07, 2023
KunleAkingbadeh:
Don't you know that the sets of people that trade in Alaba, Ladipo, Computer Village etc are never to be trusted. They are rogues and bunch of criminals parading themselves as Businessmen. Truth, honesty and integrity are rare commodities in their enterprise.
I don't trust anyone in that market. Some of them are bloody scammers and thieves hiding under business using it to perpetrate a lot of evil to innocent customers.

6 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by thrillionaire(m): 9:19am On Oct 07, 2023
burp18:
Exactly. And no one's doing anything about it. And when it deteriorates further and the government finally decides to intervene and flush out these bad people, they start playing the pity card and making it appear as though the govt is taking away their source of livelihood without providing an alternative. I just don't get how long this is supposed to continue. Over 60% of the items sold at computer village are either fake, used, refurbished or with defects.
If you take the matter up and report them you'd be doing your bit to sanitize the system. God knows I'll take them to the cleaners especially that their conniving boss.

6 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by highoctane: 9:19am On Oct 07, 2023
You have youraelf to blame.
Suffer your loss
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by osazsky(m): 9:19am On Oct 07, 2023
burp18:
On returning the item. Just I had predicted they would. They started to give me stupid craps about how I must have started the registration half way and my account is the one tied to the device and stuff.

I got to understand something. Nigerians are mean. By mean I mean Nigerians are very mean people. I have travelled across about 34 of the 36 states in Nigeria and northerners are about the only place where you'd find people with a little bit of honesty.
Nigerians are not mean it's d igbos that are mean.very stupid people who can betray thier parents at d sight of 10k..imagine if peter hoebi had worn d election.. imagine a pig running the affairs of this country .imagine pigs littred all over aso rock

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by DeepSight(m): 9:21am On Oct 07, 2023
burp18:
I have travelled across about 34 of the 36 states in Nigeria and northerners are about the only place where you'd find people with a little bit of honesty.

From personal experience, I tend to generally agree with what you have said here about Northerners. Mind you they can be terrible in other respects oh (religion, women's rights and violence being some) but in matters of basic business honesty, they are usually far cleaner and more straightforward than many others.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by PrincessAA(f): 9:22am On Oct 07, 2023
Cork and bull story as usual

Next 😞

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by thrillionaire(m): 9:22am On Oct 07, 2023
OkayDaddy:

The reason you are educated is so that fools like these don't take advantage of you.

Most of these criminals don't understand the consequences of the nonsense they do. If you take these fools up legally, they will start begging and crying.

If you want to get proper redress, report to this agency below. As part of their Investigation, they will come to the shop with State government officials and armed security agents. Lagos no get time for nonsense.

Lagos State Consumer Protection Agency is located atNo. 2B, Soji Adepegba Close, Off Allen Avenue, Ikeja, LagosE- mail lascopa@lagosstate.gov.ngTelephone: 08124993895,09064323154, 08092509777

Thank you! It's because we the citizens feel lethargic and let these criminals off easily that's why Nigeria is in this sorry state. They know there'd be no consequence, and a simple sorry if any would do. Do the good work or fight of faith to report, and see to it that they're punished. They'll straighten up with other customers.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by DeepSight(m): 9:22am On Oct 07, 2023
osazsky:
Nigerians are not mean it's d igbos that are mean.very stupid people who can betray thier parents at d sight of 10k..imagine if peter hoebi had worn d election.. imagine a pig running the affairs of this country .imagine pigs littred all over aso rock

And someone like you who describes his countrymen as pigs on account of their tribe will probably still complain about the racism of white people.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by pato405(m): 9:23am On Oct 07, 2023
The delays in delivery were to enable them search for a carton to package the rubbish they sold to you. Many of them scavenge for newly disposed cartons and even trade in it. They use old cartons to package old refurbished products and sell them.as new to unsuspecting customers.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by osazsky(m): 9:25am On Oct 07, 2023
DeepSight:

And someone like you who describes his countrymen as pigs on account of their tribe will probably still complain about the racism of white people.
not until pigs change thier mentality..to me they remain pigs

4 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by DeepSight(m): 9:25am On Oct 07, 2023
burp18:
Exactly. And no one's doing anything about it. And when it deteriorates further and the government finally decides to intervene and flush out these bad people, they start playing the pity card and making it appear as though the govt is taking away their source of livelihood without providing an alternative. I just don't get how long this is supposed to continue. Over 60% of the items sold at computer village are either fake, used, refurbished or with defects.

Aside from reporting them to the appropriate authorities you should put up their details here.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by BurntDodo: 9:27am On Oct 07, 2023
burp18:
There was not. Can you imagine? They were trying to refer me to the person from whom they picked the item from. The whole thing is funny because the store owner whom I rever and respect so much. I expected him to do something about it, but it turns out they're all in it together.

I'm wondering why you're witholding their information when there was no resolution. Others can fall victim to this same wicked people.

I had a similar experience with LAPTOPWAREHOUSEONLINE a couple of years back. Got a PC from the man and after some months I complained of issues with the PC and then I took it to him. He refused to replace or refund me. In fact, while I was at his shop, he kept acting like I didn't exist. I had to bring my brother with me the following day. When we tried to confront him, he started calling people to go call thugs and he continued threatening me. I was about 23 years old.

I left there very heartbroken, no refunds, no apologies nothing.

I've found it's a Lagos thing. Lagos is forcing people to act wiser than God created them to.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by bluefilm: 9:27am On Oct 07, 2023
burp18:
On returning the item. Just I had predicted they would. They started to give me stupid craps about how I must have started the registration half way and my account is the one tied to the device and stuff.

I got to understand something. Nigerians are mean. By mean I mean Nigerians are very mean people. I have travelled across about 34 of the 36 states in Nigeria and northerners are about the only place where you'd find people with a little bit of honesty.

What you said about the Northerners is true.

The rest of the country is nothing but just "buyers beware"!

3 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:27am On Oct 07, 2023
osazsky:
People that are better than your generation,your generation must be worst than pigsz

4 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by mamaafrik(m): 9:27am On Oct 07, 2023
OkayDaddy:

The reason you are educated is so that fools like these don't take advantage of you.

Most of these criminals don't understand the consequences of the nonsense they do. If you take these fools up legally, they will start begging and crying.

If you want to get proper redress, report to this agency below. As part of their Investigation, they will come to the shop with State government officials and armed security agents. Lagos no get time for nonsense.

Lagos State Consumer Protection Agency is located atNo. 2B, Soji Adepegba Close, Off Allen Avenue, Ikeja, LagosE- mail lascopa@lagosstate.gov.ngTelephone: 08124993895,09064323154, 08092509777

i can confirm that this people work,though it could take time but they will resolve it,they and a guy here on Nairaland assisted me to get a refund of my 12k from Jumia after dragging it for 8months

5 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by skillip(m): 9:27am On Oct 07, 2023
burp18:
There was not. Can you imagine? They were trying to refer me to the person from whom they picked the item from. The whole thing is funny because the store owner whom I rever and respect so much. I expected him to do something about it, but it turns out they're all in it together.
Except you have excess money to throw away, take this up and report to Federal Consumer Protection Council, look them up on twitter/Google. Also, do a thread on twitter and copy relevant authorities. No be by abeg you take make your money. Everyday for the thief one day for the owner

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by burp18: 9:27am On Oct 07, 2023
OkayDaddy:

I could do that. But like you said these things take time. The clients whom the item was intended for gave us a deadline that's already expired.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by DeepSight(m): 9:28am On Oct 07, 2023
osazsky:

You have no idea how much you debase yourself by saying and doing such. Racism and tribalism - especially the kind that seeks to dehumanize your fellow man, is one of the lowest, most pathetic, most sickening, most depraved things in the world. I strongly advise you to rid yourself of it: you will be a higher, lighter and more advanced human being for that.

I can't force you to take my advice though. It's your life - you can descend as low as you wish.

10 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by ridwintin89(m): 9:28am On Oct 07, 2023
I swear nobody can try such with me except the person is no longer alive.i love trouble very well.contact me if you can offer me 50k, I swear you will have your money back or collect new one.i love wahala very much.Someone cannot dupe me and stays alive.
I stay in Lagos,Ketu.Have been to computer village on several occasions without issues.
400k just like that.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by DeepSight(m): 9:28am On Oct 07, 2023
burp18:
I could do that. But like you said these things take time. The clients whom the item was intended for gave us a deadline that's already expired.

STILL DO IT!

4 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by money121(m): 9:29am On Oct 07, 2023
Ok
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:29am On Oct 07, 2023
Instead of you to go to the police station, give them the full gist and buy fuel in their vehicle so they can come and do their job, you're ranting on Nairaland. You bought a second hand starlink that was packaged like new, the sad thing is you can never use it cos the device is attached to someone's account.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by burp18: 9:29am On Oct 07, 2023
thrillionaire:
Oga stop all these explanations already and report them to the police. Name and shame them also here so others can be wary of them. Else you're just an enabler of crime and are no different from those you accuse.
We already did.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by mamaafrik(m): 9:29am On Oct 07, 2023
burp18:
Police ke? They called l bluff when I threatened to involve the police. They have their own police outpost in computer village. Na them them. They're all a bunch of criminals both the police and the sellers. This country is a fraud that should be burned to the ground with everything that's in it.
so you too want to go to computer village police post before? report them to upper power in police ,PPRO,hundeyin or lagos state consumer protection unit.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Arrested In India With 600 Grams Of Heroin Shaped As Eggs / Ibadan Bolt Driver Shares His Experience As Car Thieves Tried To Sedate Him / Thugs & Hausa Residents Clash In Osun State, One Person Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.