Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,172 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

My Horrible Experience At Computer Village - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Horrible Experience At Computer Village (28085 Views)

Police, Task Force Repel Hoodlums Attempt At Computer Village Ikeja / Boy Caught Stealing At Computer Village (Video) / Iphone 11 Thief Caught At Computer Village, Ikeja, Receives Multiple Slaps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by Chibuzoripob: 12:16pm On Oct 07, 2023
shocked shocked grin cheesy cool
osazsky:
Nigerians are not mean it's d igbos that are mean.very stupid people who can betray thier parents at d sight of 10k..imagine if peter hoebi had worn d election.. imagine a pig running the affairs of this country .imagine pigs littred all over aso rock

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by OkayDaddy: 12:16pm On Oct 07, 2023
burp18:
Hogwash. What you're simply saying is they can perpetrate fraud and no one will hold them responsible because the people who are supposed to judge the matter are or weekends? It's just like saying police shouldn't work on weekends. Criminals are free too perpetrate their crimes because they know the police are on weekend? We really have a long way to go

You're not very bright and that's what landed you where you are.
Stick to what you know, throwing tantrums and whining like a toddler.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by burp18: 12:17pm On Oct 07, 2023
360Master:
Dear OP,

Sorry to say but you are a big ode speaking grammar. Truly, the fact that someone can speak grammar does not equate intelligence or smartness. It's not, I should have been reading where you arrested the sales boy, shop owner and the socalled scrap seller for fraud and proper refund including paying you damage.

Naija Don cast but e never reach that level… Go to Panti drop 5k and petition all of them for fraud including the shop owner whose shop they used is defrauding you. Do not go to the police station or any police outlet cos those ones will be compromised.

Bet me, they will refund you or give you the original one and will pay heavily for bail. Ur grammar just dey pepper me for body…,

5k? Do you even know the between panti and computer village Ikeja? I just dey look you. It's easy to talk when you've never been in a spot

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by incandescentena: 12:19pm On Oct 07, 2023
Nazgul:
The error came from you bro. Dishonesty is synonymous with most Nigerians.

You shouldn't have convinced your friend to transfer such amount to cunning sellers when you knew you wouldn't be physically present to inspect and confirm the originality of the product.

I wouldn't tell you to involve the police cos they'll just bribe them, and nothing would come out of the matter. Walk into ikeja cantonment. It's not far from there. Get like 2 soldiers. Settle them and explain things to them. The soldiers would follow you to their shop and say the product belongs to them and if they don't want any trouble, they should refund back your money.

Believe me, you'll receive your credit alert that moment
Absolutely correct! Instant refund cos i know how it works.

3 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by incandescentena: 12:21pm On Oct 07, 2023
burp18:
5k? Do you even know the between panti and computer village Ikeja? I just dey look you. It's easy to talk when you've never been in a spot

Stop typing trash.

Where are you? And are you willing to recover your funds or the new item?

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by burp18: 12:24pm On Oct 07, 2023
incandescentena:

Stop typing trash.

Where are you? And are you willing to recover your funds or the new item?
I left Lagos last night.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by Olaseni9(m): 12:27pm On Oct 07, 2023
I sell at ikeja too those people don’t have enough knowledge about the starlink the one they sold for you is a carted one so that’s why it as an account already just like locked phones
incandescentena:

Absolutely correct! Instant refund cos i know how it works.
you can contact me for your other gadgets I swap phones too

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by ChristianMuslim: 12:36pm On Oct 07, 2023
Igbo amaka.. i guess you are from the east, and your people welcome you well to their market.. its a family affair

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by Chibuzoripob: 12:38pm On Oct 07, 2023
angry Tell us tge STORE name,address. Make we start bombard them.
burp18:
Guy. Let's leave tribe aside. There are as much yorubas in computer village just as there are igbos. All of them are fraudsters.

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by Chibuzoripob: 12:40pm On Oct 07, 2023
[s][/s] those ones can't do anything. Go ho nearby
barrack.Them go play ball
eddynaira125:
There is a police post at the market, locate it, and lodge your complain
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by Chibuzoripob: 12:44pm On Oct 07, 2023
angry Nonsense. U are helping them to SCAM unsuspecting public. Publish the business name(be it yoruba/igbo).You are supporting their CRIMINALITY if u fail to tell us the store bame
burp18:
I'm not stupid. This is the exact reason I didn't put up the names of the people and the tribes involved in this because just like you said it'd just end in a tribal bashing. Something I want to avoid

1 Like

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by BurntDodo: 12:49pm On Oct 07, 2023
motionarena:

Then there should be a warranty. They should get it fixed at least

Exactly. He wouldn't even look at the PC.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by adeyemik: 12:54pm On Oct 07, 2023
burp18:
So i had to get a couple of things at computer village Ikeja I'd need for a job I'm doing. I went to the market and after getting the things that I needed, I received a call from my friend who's in need of a STARLINK device. Who would have guessed? Coincidentally, that had it at the store. I confirmed the price and sent the details to my friend. He had a bit of trouble making the payment so I collected the contact of one of the sales rep in the store and told them I'd give them a call.

Following day, I was on my way already out of Lagos, I was at the park when my friend called and said he was ready to initiate tge transaction. I told him I wasn't anywhere close to computer very but I have a contact that works there. Had a bit of trouble convincing him to go ahead and completing the transaction with them since he needed it the following day.

After much convincing and he finally agreed, he made the payment amd the said sales person got a dispatch rider to take it to the park.

Waited the following day for the item to arrive and we heard nothing. Then came the second, third, fourth, and even fifth day. Our patience was wearing out and we were already asking for a refund.
The item finally arrived on eve of the sixth day. It was already getting dark and it was too late to get it to the clients location for installation.

Dear Op,

I am not sorry for you because you deserved what you get. How do you expect to get a new starlink for 400k in Nigeria are the prevailing exchange rate?

If you and your friend had done your due diligence, you would have realized that currently, that starlink has no local agent selling the device, it must be order directly from starlink and before ordering the device, you must have created a user account that the device serial and product number would have been tied or egistered against.

It is obvious the device was stolen or sold by the user without giving the buyer the account details.

Next time do your due diligence before buying item from computer village.

3 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by Timmi: 12:55pm On Oct 07, 2023
KunleAkingbadeh:
Don't you know that the sets of people that trade in Alaba, Ladipo, Computer Village etc are never to be trusted. They are rogues and bunch of criminals parading themselves as Businessmen. Truth, honesty and integrity are rare commodities in their enterprise.

Always stay away from buying stuff, trading anything or been in business with people from the land of rising wailers. They are crooks, deception, lies, stealing, lack of integrity are in born into their DNA. You have been warned.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by Chibuzoripob: 12:55pm On Oct 07, 2023
sad grin grin cheesy grin grin grin
OkayDaddy:
When I was in Uni, I once met an Igbo man who is a member of The Lord's Chosen reading his Bible in the shop. I thought the idiot would be a decent fellow, but he sold me a fake pressing iron.
I mean, he was wearing The Lord's Chosen apron and be still sold me a fake item.

Those guys are cursed with dishonesty.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by PotatoSalad(m): 12:56pm On Oct 07, 2023
When starlink is currently 299,500 on their website. Smh
This kind post lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by laluski(m): 1:00pm On Oct 07, 2023
burp18:
this is exactly my grouse with them. They're refusing to admit they sold me garbage. I'm trying to under how you buy a product and you find there are completely different serial No's on the indoor unit, outdoor unit, and the carton itself. When the so called supplier came he claimed the serial numbers were all supposed to be different. I started to wonder when a carton became an appliance to have it's own separate serial No different from item inside the carton. In all of these... I'd say my only disappointment is in the store owner. This is someone with who I've been doing business. I've recommended a lot of people to him many of which he doesn't even know.

I see you're not ready to get your 400k...you are here talking Grammer when you're supposed to get to anti-fraud unit, pay them a good money and start your arrest... Dey there dey play... What's my business

Next topic please before I take a nap
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by koyeni(m): 1:01pm On Oct 07, 2023
BurntDodo:

BRAND NEW. Right out of the carton

He was supposed to offer you support. Or refer you to the service centre of the brand you got
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by Slickbishop(m): 1:16pm On Oct 07, 2023
That is u I always do pay on delivery. No matter what be it jumia or konga?I do pay on delivery for any goods I wanna buy .I see whT I buy first in my hse before I pay whatsoever.i never trust anyone with money
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by ONNYX: 1:25pm On Oct 07, 2023
OkayDaddy:

The reason you are educated is so that fools like these don't take advantage of you.

Most of these criminals don't understand the consequences of the nonsense they do. If you take these fools up legally, they will start begging and crying.

If you want to get proper redress, report to this agency below. As part of their Investigation, they will come to the shop with State government officials and armed security agents. Lagos no get time for nonsense.

Lagos State Consumer Protection Agency is located atNo. 2B, Soji Adepegba Close, Off Allen Avenue, Ikeja, LagosE- mail lascopa@lagosstate.gov.ngTelephone: 08124993895,09064323154, 08092509777

You could also start by creating some negative publicity for them.

1. Send them a formal request for a refund stating the facts of the matter. This should be on a header paper. Let them know that you will give that letter as much publicity as you can if within 48 hours they don't refund the entire amount inclusive of the delivery charges.

2. Then keep this page afresh revealing their name and their phone numbers. It will even be better if you can also put up the pictures of the company, and perhaps the Facebook/other social media handles of the company and its operatives.

3. Put up their phone numbers here, official and personal and encourage all Nairalanders to call them. I assure you that this will go a long way.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by ibawon(m): 1:26pm On Oct 07, 2023
We have warned people not to buy any Starlink device from Nigerian third-parties. It doesn't make any sense at all. The last time I checked you will still have to reach out to Starlink in the end. Even the Starlink is now 100k cheaper. Most Starlink you see are carded so they most likely have an embargo on them. Sorry brother
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by bablon20(m): 1:55pm On Oct 07, 2023
Alaba and computer village are filled with criminally minded folks for the eastern part of the country. This is what they did to an army officer last year which made the army invaded their market and killed/wounded many of them.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by KosiGee(m): 1:57pm On Oct 07, 2023
burp18:
To top everything off. It shows on starlink website that that there's a 20% price slash on this item and the it'll last till november. Shipping it doesn't cost much and it takes less than two weeks to arrive.
I just don't get the idea behind why people do the things that they do. If there 1000 people doing business in computer village, over 900 are criminals.

I feel bad for you. These people need to locked in a room, fill it with CO and then smoke and burn them up till they are reduced to ashes.

I hate fraudsters and dishonest people. They are everywhere in Nigeria even the northerners that you try to absolve. Those who commit fraud in federal ministries and embezzle fund meant to better the lots of Nigerian citizens are all part of the mess. They are no better than the Anambra man at computer village or the Ondo state man at the bank who give out confidential details of customers.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by correctguy101(m): 1:59pm On Oct 07, 2023
SeriouslySense:
Religion killed North, they used to have high levels of honesty and a simple mind, all people don woke. grin

Seems to me like being woke today is the same as "Eye Open, Things Spoil".
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by Noblemanonpoint: 2:01pm On Oct 07, 2023
burp18:
There was not. Can you imagine? They were trying to refer me to the person from whom they picked the item from. The whole thing is funny because the store owner whom I rever and respect so much. I expected him to do something about it, but it turns out they're all in it together.

That's what most of them do in computer village. Fell victim to it. The owner of the business connotes to sell bad items and won't refund.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by Nwanna2588: 2:13pm On Oct 07, 2023
sreamsense:

You could have picked one or two police from computer village. Give them like 5k, they will threaten those people and makes resolution faster. Without that, they will only be dribbling you, come today, come tomorrow. The truth is that they don't always like to involve in police case, they would have provided the person that acted it out or force the owner to produce him which would have mounted pressure on them. Second option that may be delayed a bit is to involve Lagos State Consumer Protection Agency ( LASCOPA). You must always be at alert whenever you want to buy good product out of computer village. Developers have turned that place to Den of Frauds. Don't always fall for " Nah Original"

In this unfortunate incident at the Computer village, I encountered a distressing situation that brought to light the need for consumer protection and proper channels for dispute resolution. It all began when I entrusted a phone repairer with the task of fixing my phone, for which I paid a significant sum of N5000 in good faith. However, to my dismay, the repairer was unable to successfully mend my phone, leaving me with a sense of frustration and dissatisfaction.

What compounded the situation was the repairer's audacity to taunt me, confidently asserting that I was powerless to take any action against him. This display of arrogance and unprofessionalism only further fueled my desire to seek justice and resolve the matter. Thus, on that very day, I decided to involve law enforcement, and I sought assistance from the police stationed at the Computer village.

However, regrettably, my attempts to involve the police did not yield the desired results. The officer I approached was unable to accompany me or take necessary action to address the issue effectively. Despite my plea for assistance and justice, she informed me that she was the sole officer available to handle the situation at that moment, citing her inability to leave the station. Consequently, she requested that I abandon my pursuit of the matter.

Disheartened by the lack of support and discouraged by the turn of events, I made the difficult decision to leave my phone in the custody of the repairer. In my frustration, I found myself expressing resentment towards a particular ethnic group, making a hasty and generalized judgment about them. It's crucial to acknowledge that passing judgment based on ethnicity is unfair and counterproductive, as individuals should be assessed based on their actions and not their background.

Reflecting upon this distressing incident, it is evident that there is a pressing need for improved mechanisms for consumer protection and dispute resolution within the Computer village and similar markets. Consumers should have reliable avenues to voice their grievances and seek fair treatment when faced with unsatisfactory services or products. Moreover, fostering an environment of understanding and unity among diverse groups is essential to address challenges and foster a more inclusive and just society.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by jojothaiv(m): 2:20pm On Oct 07, 2023
burp18:
I have travelled across about 34 of the 36 states in Nigeria and northerners are about the only place where you'd find people with a little bit of honesty.
You're actually right, I've across the 36 states too and the folks up north stood out for me when it comes to be fair in most of their business dealings (not that there are no dubious element among them but the number is drastically lower compare to the other part of the country).

Anything Computer Village, I dey next am, if I'm not there physically I no dey risk am.

2 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by MadarasBlade(m): 2:20pm On Oct 07, 2023
vannessa7:

And these are the same people calling Tinubu forger, drug lord etc, they lack conscience and human feeling, they are worst than animals, it's better to let them go, they introduce yahoo and many other crime to Nigeria, they are the one that put an end to true federalism for their selfish reason, they made it impossible for Nigeria to divide also for selfish reason which they now regret, they are destroying this country everyday, imagine. I bought a laptop recently from an online vendor who is Yoruba and I had no cause to regret.

Op try and contact the consumer protection agency as advised, if they get away with this they will be more confident to do more and don't buy anything there without being present physically and vigilant.

The father that gave birth to you is worse than an animal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by jojothaiv(m): 2:24pm On Oct 07, 2023
burp18:
this is exactly my grouse with them. They're refusing to admit they sold me garbage. I'm trying to under how you buy a product and you find there are completely different serial No's on the indoor unit, outdoor unit, and the carton itself. When the so called supplier came he claimed the serial numbers were all supposed to be different. I started to wonder when a carton became an appliance to have it's own separate serial No different from item inside the carton. In all of these... I'd say my only disappointment is in the store owner. This is someone with who I've been doing business. I've recommended a lot of people to him many of which he doesn't even know.

You should find way to demarket the store owner too, I'm sure he doesn't know that business particularly the ones that stood the test of time had a lot to with reputation.
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by transient123(m): 2:26pm On Oct 07, 2023
Bottom line, most Nigerians are very very dishonest people, they leave on people's sweat and call it smartness. We have soiled our hands all over the world, yet we put all the blames on govt whilst we are a reflection of our govt. Just angry about Nigeria and the evil of Nigerians.....must everything be about gbajue...haba.

3 Likes

Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by jojothaiv(m): 2:28pm On Oct 07, 2023
Nazgul:
The error came from you bro. Dishonesty is synonymous with most Nigerians.

You shouldn't have convinced your friend to transfer such amount to cunning sellers when you knew you wouldn't be physically present to inspect and confirm the originality of the product.

I wouldn't tell you to involve the police cos they'll just bribe them, and nothing would come out of the matter. Walk into ikeja cantonment. It's not far from there. Get like 2 soldiers. Settle them and explain things to them. The soldiers would follow you to their shop and say the product belongs to them and if they don't want any trouble, they should refund back your money.

Believe me, you'll receive your credit alert that moment
Re: My Horrible Experience At Computer Village by 9gerian: 2:28pm On Oct 07, 2023
Sorry. Next time buy from recognized/accredited distributors that have something to lose when called out.

Call them all out on social media (business and responsible individuals) to create awareness to get your refund. It’s the fastest way

burp18:
Exactly. And no one's doing anything about it. And when it deteriorates further and the government finally decides to intervene and flush out these bad people, they start playing the pity card and making it appear as though the govt is taking away their source of livelihood without providing an alternative. I just don't get how long this is supposed to continue. Over 60% of the items sold at computer village are either fake, used, refurbished or with defects.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Drug Peddler Arrested In South Africa (Photos) / Corpse Of Man Who Died While Hiding In Indonesia, Arrives Nigeria. Photos / Policemen Attempt To Arrest Aba Keke Rider, Residents Resist Them (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.