Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,953 members, 7,835,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Ignorance Of America That Atiku’s Lawyers And Supporters Betray By Farooq - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ignorance Of America That Atiku’s Lawyers And Supporters Betray By Farooq (27246 Views)

Atiku’s Lawyers Begin Scrutiny As Chicago University Releases Tinubu’s Academic / Atiku's Lawyers Receive Tinubu's Academic Records From Chicago State University / Yahaya Bello, His Wife And Supporters Celebrate After He Was Declared Winner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ignorance Of America That Atiku’s Lawyers And Supporters Betray By Farooq by Stoplying: 1:08pm On Oct 07, 2023
There is a deliberate confusion by tinubu's lawyers. They are trying to confuse contractors working for universities under contract to print dipolmas and "vendors" whom are private and random shop owners.
The Americans use the name vendor when talking about contractors. It is just a coded word. The Americans are not referring to random shop owners but to contractors who work for universities under a contract to deliver diplomas.

Kukutente23:
I totally disagree with Prof Kperoogi on two premises.
Firstly, the American tradition and jurisprudence does not extend to Nigeria. If a certificate is purely ceremonial in the US, it is not so here in Nigeria. The Nigerian system recognises a certificate as a legal document which must not be tampered with under any circumstances and which can only be issued by an entity with the authority to do so. Tinubu himself is very aware of this which is why he sought CSU to authenticate the self- manufactured certificate which they obviously refused to. In any case, CSU has provision for replacing certificates which is the route Tinubu should have taken instead of going about the whole thing in a shoddy and illegal manner.
The Nigerian system takes certificates very seriously which is why there is provision of statement of results issued to students at completion of studies pending when certificates are ready to be picked up. In the absence of that, a "To whom it may concern" note can be sought and obtained as a stand- in. The Nigerian laws and system does not envisage a situation where a student will become the certifying authority just because he graduated.
Secondly, I have taken professional US exams before and the website usually refers you to another third party website to pick up your certificates. I believe that's what Prof is talking about but what is important here is that it is the certifying institution which gives the third party site the authority to print the right to print and also those to print for. I believe that's what CSU was saying about third party vendor printing certificates and not the erroneous impression flying about that anyone can go to any printing centre of his choice to print certificates.
Lastly, Prof Kperoogi should be mindful of the impression he's creating in the minds of Nigerians about the US system. If US certificates are not worth the papers they are printed on, the question is why print them at all? Why not just hand over the transcripts to the students as proof they graduated instead of giving them worthless certificates whose validity and authenticity can't be relied upon? What about the signature of the school's principal officers? Is he implying that students in the US are at liberty to allocate signatures of the school's officers on documents without their consent and notice so long as they graduated? I want to believe this is not so.
Re: Ignorance Of America That Atiku’s Lawyers And Supporters Betray By Farooq by Stoplying: 1:10pm On Oct 07, 2023
BreconHills:

Forgery is not the act alone, it requires an intention to deceive.
You are confusing USA law with the law of other countries. The only country I know of which talks about "intent" is the USA. Nigeria doesn't (to the best of my knowledge) have that "intent" nonesense in its law.
Re: Ignorance Of America That Atiku’s Lawyers And Supporters Betray By Farooq by Timmi: 1:15pm On Oct 07, 2023
Ofunaofu:

That's basically Farooq's opinion

While The below is what the law says

Section 468 of the Criminal Code Act in Nigeria. Uttering false documents and counterfeit seals

Any person who knowingly and fraudulently utters a false document or writing, or a counterfeit seal, is guilty of an offence of the same kind and is liable to the same punishment as if he had forged the thing in question.

It is immaterial whether the false document or writing, or counterfeit seal, was made in Nigeria or elsewhere.

Ofunaofu, the man from the land of the rising wailers, if we follow your line of thought and assume that the diploma was forged. This document originates in the US, CSU confirms that Tinubu went to school and graduated with a diploma not collected from the university, will the document which is not even a legal tender in the US be admitted or deemed as a false document in Nigeria? The intent of submitting documents to INEC is to show/proof that the candidate met the educational requirement, which the CSU (thanks to Atiku) confirmed under oath without any reservation that YES, Tinubu has a BS degree,

Anything else is propaganda from the ObiZombie and Atikuthief people that lack common sense and lack of reasoning faculty.
Re: Ignorance Of America That Atiku’s Lawyers And Supporters Betray By Farooq by JetApartment: 1:18pm On Oct 07, 2023
DiscoverID:
Ibo people, rest.

DiscoverID:
Why are ibos crying more than the bereaved, typical Fulani slaves crying and licking atiku's asrss. They have abandoned obidafft, what a time to be alive.

I never knew farooq kperogi is an igbo man...muguns grin grin grin
Re: Ignorance Of America That Atiku’s Lawyers And Supporters Betray By Farooq by LegendHero(m): 1:19pm On Oct 07, 2023
Farooq Kperogi hit the nail on the head this time.

The headless mob can’t think on their own so they need Hyundai to shepherd them.

But we have moved past this stage. We are not preparing for 2027 where we will defeat Atiku again blue and black.
Re: Ignorance Of America That Atiku’s Lawyers And Supporters Betray By Farooq by Shattuck(m): 1:20pm On Oct 07, 2023
teepain:

I am sorry but you seem not to understand what you personally posted. For some of us that are fairly acquainted with the practices in the U.S, like Kperogi said there is nothing like forgery of certificate here once all the information on it are consistent with the school's record, you can get a replacement and it does not equate to a forgery. It is equally refreshing to read Kperogi logically address of Tinubu impersonating a lady.
you guys still don't get it, so what you are saying is Nigeria's law shouldn't exist, in America certificate may not hold that much weight but in Nigeria it isn't the same, whose law will then be used US laws or Nigeria's, certificate is to Nigeria what transcript is to america, now can you tell me the US will allow you to submit a forged transcript, even if you graduated from the institution, can you travel with a forged visa even when you have an original visa would their laws allow you to go free even if you have an original one, so many nations have different laws if in Sudan you don't need to study at all before you can be awarded a degree, can I now come to Nigeria and claim I have a degree in medicine and when I am being challenged I get to defend my self with what's happens in Sudan, even tinubu knows there are legal issues that was why he fought against this, if this was a normal procedure why fight it? Look I under the sentiments surrounding his case because he indeed attended the institution, it's gonna be ironic to see the supreme court rule in his favour the court always defends it's biased ruling by always claiming the court does not rule based on sentiments, and emotion, because that is the only ground, legally he stands no chance.
Re: Ignorance Of America That Atiku’s Lawyers And Supporters Betray By Farooq by LegendHero(m): 1:20pm On Oct 07, 2023
JetApartment:

I never knew farooq kperogi is an igbo man...muguns grin grin grin

Hope you know Farooq is supporting Tinubu that post.

Everything Farooq said is what we have always say on Nairaland. Atiku has been scammed.
Re: Ignorance Of America That Atiku’s Lawyers And Supporters Betray By Farooq by bjtinz: 1:20pm On Oct 07, 2023
This is probably the most comprehensive non-partisan rendition of the whole saga.

Yes, the current occupant of Aso Rock might have few skeletons lurking about his questionable background, however the CSU certificate debacle, is to all intents, not one of them.

The school confirmed he was admitted, attended and graduated from the school. Yes the certificate with INEC was not duly issued by them, but this does not invalidate his tenure with the school, which indeed they have confirmed: the certificate is merely ceremonial.

Just for the records, I'm not a fan of BAT, but methinks this CSU should be laid the rest.
Re: Ignorance Of America That Atiku’s Lawyers And Supporters Betray By Farooq by Omowale2023(m): 1:22pm On Oct 07, 2023
plaindealer:
How do you even forge what is noma; and perfectly legal?

Even if what PBAT submitted to INEC was written on toilet paper, so be it, if the issue is if he graduated or not, then ask CSU which INEC did already so who cares.

Even the tribunal did not pay attention to the INEC certificate nonsense, they still affirm his victory and the SC will do the same thing because unless you can prove that he did not graduate, you are chasing your own shadow.
What did you just say?
Toilet paper? God why do I share the same oxygen with people like you? Why God?. Why?
Re: Ignorance Of America That Atiku’s Lawyers And Supporters Betray By Farooq by Stoplying: 1:25pm On Oct 07, 2023
1. For the last time, dipolmas play the same role in the USA as they do in Nigeria and anywhere else. People are trying to create an alternate reality to protect tinubu.
2. Even if these tinubu supporters (who want to portray themselves as neutral) were right, which they are not, tinubu submitted the fake diploma in Nigeria where the law of the land doesn't recognise a self-made diploma as a genuine diploma.
3. No, transcripts do not have in America, the role diplomas have in nigeria. Diplomas have the same role in every country on earth.
4. American legal language calls "vendor" a company which is in contract with an other company to produce specialized services. That is why the companies in contract with universities to produce diplomas are referred to as diploma vendors in us legal language. It doesn't mean you can just go into any shop and print a diploma for yourself.

Your university is in charge of giving you a diploma and only your university can, however, to do that task, your university has given a contract to a high end printing company which would handle the technical task of printing the diploma on behalf of the university.

The show is still being ran by your university for which the contractor is working, and your university gives the order to the contractor to print or not to print the diploma after the request arrived at the desk of your university registrar, you don't get to just go to any shop owner out there and tell him to print a diploma for you.

2 Likes

Re: Ignorance Of America That Atiku’s Lawyers And Supporters Betray By Farooq by JetApartment: 1:28pm On Oct 07, 2023
LegendHero:

Hope you know Farooq is supporting Tinubu that post.

Everything Farooq said is what we have always say on Nairaland. Atiku has been scammed.

No sane person supports Tinubu, I am sure you did not read to the article to the end to know what Farooq is driving at, he just gave Atiku a very massive expo free of charge...grin grin grin grin

And Atiku can actually inflict fatal moral wounds on Tinubu and potentially immobilize him in 2027 if he pursues the leads that came out from his “fishing expedition” in Chicago. A low-hanging fruit is Tinubu's obviously fraudulent secondary school attendance claim.

He can write to Cambridge University to verify the GCE A-level result that Tinubu presented to Southwest College. If it turns out that it’s fake or belongs to someone else, he can cause Daley College to rescind his associate degree.

If his associate degree is rescinded, his bachelor's degree from Chicago State University will automatically follow. With no qualifications to present to INEC to prove that he has at least the equivalent of a secondary school certificate, he'd be legally ineligible to run again.

Racoon DiscoverID come and chi chumtin..grin

Re: Ignorance Of America That Atiku’s Lawyers And Supporters Betray By Farooq by Ofunaofu: 1:30pm On Oct 07, 2023
Timmi:

Ofunaofu, the man from the land of the rising wailers, if we follow your line of thought and assume that the diploma was forged. This document originates in the US, CSU confirms that Tinubu went to school and graduated with a diploma not collected from the university, will the document which is not even a legal tender in the US be admitted or deemed as a false document in Nigeria? The intent of submitting documents to INEC is to show/proof that the candidate met the educational requirement, which the CSU (thanks to Atiku) confirmed under oath without any reservation that YES, Tinubu has a BS degree,

Anything else is propaganda from the ObiZombie and Atikuthief people that lack common sense and lack of reasoning faculty.

You all are missing the point and it's obvious you all deliberately doing it.

The argument have never been whether Tinubu went to or graduated from CSU

The point here is that the certificate he presented to INEC have been confirmed not to have been issued by CSU

1 Like

Re: Ignorance Of America That Atiku’s Lawyers And Supporters Betray By Farooq by Stoplying: 1:35pm On Oct 07, 2023
Timmi:

will the document which is not even a legal tender in the US be admitted or deemed as a false document in Nigeria?
Diplomas are legal and official documents everywhere in the world, forged diplomas however are not legal nor official anywhere in the world.
Re: Ignorance Of America That Atiku’s Lawyers And Supporters Betray By Farooq by teepain: 1:36pm On Oct 07, 2023
Shattuck:
you guys still don't get it, so what you are saying is Nigeria's law shouldn't exist, in America certificate may not hold that much weight but in Nigeria it isn't the same, whose law will then be used US laws or Nigeria's, certificate is to Nigeria what transcript is to america, now can you tell me the US will allow you to submit a forged transcript, even if you graduated from the institution, can you travel with a forged visa even when you have an original visa would their laws allow you to go free even if you have an original one, so many nations have different laws if in Sudan you don't need to study at all before you can be awarded a degree, can I now come to Nigeria and claim I have a degree in medicine and when I am being challenged I get to defend my self with what's happens in Sudan, even tinubu knows there are legal issues that was why he fought against this, if this was a normal procedure why fight it? Look I under the sentiments surrounding his case because he indeed attended the institution, it's gonna be ironic to see the supreme court rule in his favour the court always defends it's biased ruling by always claiming the court does not rule based on sentiments, and emotion, because that is the only ground, legally he stands no chance.

Thanks for mentioning me. My analysis isn't based on any emotions of whether the dude attended the school or not. It is based on my interpretation of the facts of the matter which I will expatiate on.

First, the authority to issue certificates to students lies with the institution (CSU) and if it is agreed that they authorize replacement certificates by 3rd parties, that is the end. It would have been a different case if it was a Nigerian institution because replacement certificates are issued by the school themselves.

The replacement certificate that the dude parades is American and guided by the American rules and practice. Therefore if CSU says it isn't forged based on practice then nobody can pronounce it forged. This should be basic logic. In the case of his forfeiture, it was argued that the American law recognizes both civil and criminal forfeitures and that his was a civil forfeiture without conviction by American law. Once that was established the court upheld the argument and it was over. The same thing would play out here and that is it.
Re: Ignorance Of America That Atiku’s Lawyers And Supporters Betray By Farooq by Shattuck(m): 1:37pm On Oct 07, 2023
Omoawoke2:

So tell me how it is a forgery?

You people apart from ignorant are very dull.

Certificates are mere ceremonial and can be produced by a third party in the US.
Did Tinubu create a certificate that he graduated from Havard? Did he change his degree or altered his GPA?
there is an official channel to getting your transcript, even the third party vendors aren't just any cyber cafe they are official authorized entity by the school, of which tinubu didn't use. 2 certificate are to Nigeria what transcript is to america, can I forge my transcript in America and not answer to the law when caught even if I graduated? Can I travel on a fake visa and not be arrested even if I have an original document, do you think america would say it doesn't matter? Do you think the law would tolerate it, 3 there are many reasons why someone would forge a document they have, years ago when I finished my final exams I had an opportunity to travel out but it was for postgraduate students I had already seen my final results, but the school had yet to release the graduating list, and the program I was to apply for scholarship had a deadline, now if I had forged my transcript then it would have matched 100 percent with the official document, I missed the application deadline, if I had forged mine years ago would you say I did the right thing?
Re: Ignorance Of America That Atiku’s Lawyers And Supporters Betray By Farooq by Dittodat: 1:39pm On Oct 07, 2023
Shattuck:
I had an encounter years ago when I wrote my final year exams, I had already seen my final year results, I knew what my grades were gonna be and what I was graduating with at the end, then an opportunity came for me to move to Canada on a visit visa someone had sent me a program that I can apply for but it was for postgraduate student, the deadline for the application was around November, I missed it then by just a month or so, it was painful for me then because I never had an official transcript to apply with, with tinubu's issue, if I had forged my transcript to apply for the program then, I am very sure when the school releases my official transcript it would have matched my forged one, now by your standards if I had forged my transcript then would it have been considered forgery by your standard?

If you read the transcript as I have done, you would have seen where the school categorically said that he was awarded a certificate and that replacement are done by 3rd party vendors.
In your case, you have seen your grades according to you, but your school has NEVER at that time awarded you those grades officially. Big difference.
You can know your grades but they have not been officially awarded to you.
You have not even graduated yet even though you have met the required grades, you have not officially graduated until the school says that you have and present or created an official transcript for you.
Also, transcript is totally different from certificate.
A transcript is the official record of what and what you did in school and grades that you scored.
A certificate or diploma is just something that you put on a wall to let people know of your accomplishments.
In the US, your transcript is what your employer or grad school will request for not your certificate.
So to answer your question, Yes you will be considered to have forged your transcript since none has ever been awarded to you unless your school says that it's ok to so. Systems are different all over the world. What is legal in the US might not be legal in other countries.
In the US you can print your own checks and use it as a legal tender as long as the account belongs to you and you have the money in your account.
I'm not sure if that's legal in Nigeria.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ignorance Of America That Atiku’s Lawyers And Supporters Betray By Farooq by Stoplying: 1:40pm On Oct 07, 2023
teepain:

First, the authority to issue certificates to students lies with the institution (CSU) and if it is agreed that they authorize replacement certificates by 3rd parties, that is the end. It would have been a different case if it was a Nigerian institution because replacement certificates are issued by the school themselves.

You are confused about the language. The expression "3rd party", when used by Americans in this context, means: company in contract with the university to print the diplomas of the university. Basically, in our own language, we would say "contractor".

You guys are confusing the legal coded words of the Americans on purpose. The university doesn't recognise diplomas printed by random shops as its legitimate diplomas. The legitimate "dipolma-vendor" works for the university under contract and the request for printing a diploma has to go through the university registrar who would then give the order to print or not to print the diploma to the dipolma-vendor.
Re: Ignorance Of America That Atiku’s Lawyers And Supporters Betray By Farooq by Shattuck(m): 1:47pm On Oct 07, 2023
teepain:

Thanks for mentioning me. My analysis isn't based on any emotions of whether the dude attended the school or not. It is based on my interpretation of the facts of the matter which I will expatiate on.

The replacement certificate that the dude parades is American and guided by the American rules and practice. Therefore if CSU says it isn't forged based on practice then nobody can pronounce it forged. This should be basic logic. In the case of his forfeiture, it was argued that the American law recognizes both civil and criminal forfeitures and that his was a civil forfeiture without conviction by American law. Once that was established the court upheld the argument and it was over. The same thing would play out here and that is it.
by my understanding the third party vendors aren't just any cyber cafe or anyone with Photoshop skills they are accredited entities, and I also understand that not all institutions does the third party thing, just like how companies outsource recruitment to other firms and also certificate are to Nigeria what transcript is to america, america would not allow you to use an unofficial transcript or visa when you have an original for anything. Official Nigeria does not deal on transcript what we deal on is certificate, official america does not deal on certificate what they deal on is transcript as I have come to understand but america can never compromise on the authenticity of it's official document.
Re: Ignorance Of America That Atiku’s Lawyers And Supporters Betray By Farooq by Stoplying: 1:49pm On Oct 07, 2023
Shattuck:
by my understanding the third party vendors aren't just any cyber cafe or anyone with Photoshop skills they are accredited entities, and I also understand that not all institutions does the third party thing, just like how companies outsource recruitment to other firms and also certificate are to Nigeria what transcript is to america, america would not allow you to use an unofficial transcript or visa when you have an original for anything. Official Nigeria does not deal on transcript what we deal on is certificate, official america does not deal on certificate what they deal on is transcript as I have come to understand but america can never compromise on the authenticity of it's official document.
Diplomas have the same value in Nigeria as in America, don't let tinubu's lawyers fool you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ignorance Of America That Atiku’s Lawyers And Supporters Betray By Farooq by BreconHills(m): 1:51pm On Oct 07, 2023
Stoplying:

You are confusing USA law with the law of other countries. The only country I know of which talks about "intent" is the USA. Nigeria doesn't (to the best of my knowledge) have that "intent" nonesense in its law.

Bros ALL criminal acts have mental element mens rea and physical elements actus reus. That's the first thing you learn in criminal law. That's how get the difference between manslaughter and murder.

Even stealing has " intention to permanently deprive..."

I am 47 years at the Nigerian bar and the criminal procedure act has not been changed to exclude intent.
Re: Ignorance Of America That Atiku’s Lawyers And Supporters Betray By Farooq by Dittodat: 1:54pm On Oct 07, 2023
Shattuck:
there is an official channel to getting your transcript, even the third party vendors aren't just any cyber cafe they are official authorized entity by the school, of which tinubu didn't use. 2 certificate are to Nigeria what transcript is to america, can I forge my transcript in America and not answer to the law when caught even if I graduated? Can I travel on a fake visa and not be arrested even if I have an original document, do you think america would say it doesn't matter? Do you think the law would tolerate it, 3 there are many reasons why someone would forge a document they have, years ago when I finished my final exams I had an opportunity to travel out but it was for postgraduate students I had already seen my final results, but the school had yet to release the graduating list, and the program I was to apply for scholarship had a deadline, now if I had forged my transcript then it would have matched 100 percent with the official document, I missed the application deadline, if I had forged mine years ago would you say I did the right thing?
Wrong again. Go and read the transcript again.
Rhe school never said that Tinubu did not obtain the replacement from them. They simply said that they do not keep records of replacement certificates. And that they are done by 3rd party vendors.
So you can't categorically state that Tinubu did not get it from the school.
Once you are awarded a certificate you are allowed to procure a replacement from 3rd party vendors as long as it is a replica of what was awarded to you.
It will be forgery if the replacement has different information such as degree awarded, year of graduation and so on.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ignorance Of America That Atiku’s Lawyers And Supporters Betray By Farooq by Stoplying: 1:55pm On Oct 07, 2023
BreconHills:

Bros ALL criminal acts have mental element mens rea and physical elements actus reus. That's the first thing you learn in criminal law. That's how get the difference between manslaughter and murder.

Even stealing has " intention to permanently deprive..."

I am 47 years at the Nigerian bar and the criminal procedure act has not been changed to exclude intent.
Eventhough I don't have much respect for lawyers (I think they are not very smart). You would need to play your role well enough and provide me with the official texts which talk about "intent" in Nigerian law and which are relevant to this case of forgery.

On an other note, I really don't respect lawyers' intelligence for the fact some of you think it is logical to consider what is going inside someone's head. An information which is not accessible to anybody except the person whom the head belongs to.

1 Like

Re: Ignorance Of America That Atiku’s Lawyers And Supporters Betray By Farooq by Shattuck(m): 1:58pm On Oct 07, 2023
Dittodat:

If you read the transcript as I have done, you would have seen where the school categorically said that he was awarded a certificate and that replacement are done by 3rd party vendors.
In your case, you have seen your grades according to you, but your school has NEVER at that time awarded you those grades officially. Big difference.
You can know your grades but they have not been officially awarded to you.
You have not even graduated yet even though you have met the required grades, you have not officially graduated until the school says that you have and present or created an official transcript for you.
Also, transcript is totally different from certificate.
A transcript is the official record of what and what you did in school and grades that you scored.
A certificate or diploma is just something that you put on a wall to let people know of your accomplishments.
In the US, your transcript is what your employer or grad school will request for not your certificate.
So to answer your question, Yes you will be considered to have forged your transcript since none has ever been awarded to you unless your school says that it's ok to so. Systems are different all over the world. What is legal in the US might not be legal in other countries.
In the US you can print your own checks and use it as a legal tender as long as the account belongs to you and you have the money in your account.
I'm not sure if that's legal in Nigeria.
this is exactly the same way I feel about the tinubu issue honestly, because even though It had not been awarded by the school by the time they find out I would have already have the official transcript and it would have matched 100 percent with the forged one, also the issue of third party vendors this guys aren't just anyone they are a registered entity, they are an affiliate to these schools similar to how firms outsource recruitment, can I just walk into a firm and claim I am a staff when I have not be contracted by neither the institution or the third party recruitment firm. Tinubu's case was similar to mine, in my case I just needed to meet the application deadline and I was sure that by the time it gets to be reviewed I would have already possessed the original, it was just a month difference.
Re: Ignorance Of America That Atiku’s Lawyers And Supporters Betray By Farooq by BreconHills(m): 2:09pm On Oct 07, 2023
Shattuck:
no value in the US but it has official value in Nigeria, I admire Farooq but I think his take is wrong, talking about graduation gown, if tinubu was so certain the cert issue does not have legal implications why was he fighting it? Why didn't he come clean to explain the diploma issue, which means his intention was not genuine, it is ignorant to say because certificate aren't that official in America the same should apply to Nigeria.

Nigeria cannot interprete the laws of a foreign country in its own viewpoint. If it does not accept the facts that diplomas and graduation ceremonies are regarded as mere ceremonies then it should refuse to recognize American degrees. It should also hold that requests for transcripts by US universities are invalid and the final proof of graduation is the graduation certificate.

Let me tell you what will happen. Bookmark this. The court will say that the CSU did not say the certificate presented by Tinunbu is fake. They will rule that evidence shows that Tinubu is a graduate of the university and they will accept the affidavit filed by the registrar of the CSU. You cannot fake or forge a fact that is true. I cannot fake that I am married to my wife of 19 years because there in no intention to deceive which is the essential mental element or mens rea of the offence of forgery. No no way that Tinubu gets disqualified. Willing to bet a million naira with you if you are prepared we pay our money into an agreed escrow account.

Tinubu did not fight the release of his documents he merely gave Atiku the run around. The first principle of defence is " rearrange the battle field in your favour" Obama resisted Trumps efforts to get the release of his citizenship information for years even when he had nothing to hide. Its called deflection.

If Tinubu indeed has anything to hide it is not at the point of his resistance. That's a basic question of strategy. Atiku has bought Tinubu time in the polity by diverting people away from the huge economic issues by offering a hope of his removal that is no hope at all.

Rope a dope
Re: Ignorance Of America That Atiku’s Lawyers And Supporters Betray By Farooq by bitbillionaire: 2:13pm On Oct 07, 2023
This prof is obviously trying to fool himself and the gullible ones. As far as Nigerian system and laws are concern, what is obtainable, acceptable or legal in America or any other country for that matter is immaterial here. What matters in Nigeria is what does the Nigerian law says and how does Nigerian system work?

Was the university certificate Tinubu submitted to INEC given to him from the university he claimed he attended? No, obviously! What Tinubu submitted to INEC was clearly a FORGED document. It is idiotic and insincere to claim otherwise.

Although the university registrar has admitted under oath that Tinubu indeed graduated from CSU, it is an established and irrefutable fact that Tinubu forged the certificate he submitted to INEC. Now, what does Nigerian law says about presenting a forged document to Nigerian authority? That's what matters here not how the American system works or what is legal or not in America.

Nothing stopped Tinubu from presenting only the CSU's transcript to INEC if that is all the legally acceptable document he had to prove he graduated from the school! Why did he submit a fake certificate? I disagree with Farooq that Atiku's lawyer and fans betray ignorance of American bla bla bla. What matters to Atiku's lawyer is the laws of Nigeria not that of America.

Lastly, we should not ignore the possibility that the school could be paid millions of dollars in bribe to make all the claims they made and hurriedly type all the admission documents and transcript they presented! I am not saying that is what happened; just that it is a possibility. So I think more investigation should still be done in respect of some of the claims made by the CSU registrar concerning Tinubu to find out whether they are actually true. We shouldn't just swallow those claims from the school just because they are made under oath. 'Investigative journalists' can help out in this regard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ignorance Of America That Atiku’s Lawyers And Supporters Betray By Farooq by teepain: 2:18pm On Oct 07, 2023
Stoplying:

The legitimate "dipolma-vendor" works for the university under contract and the request for printing a diploma has to go through the university registrar who would then give the order to print or not to print the diploma to the dipolma-vendor.

I have taken the liberty to quote you verbatim as I understand the content of your post. As correcting the inherent errors could make me liable to committing the act of forgery, I implore you to correct those typos yourself.

Now, jokes apart this your post is your interpretation of the transcript and it doesn't represent the position of the registrar of CSU based on his deposition. If Tinubu, violated any rule in the U.S, it is very easy. Forgery is a big deal in the United States, it is easy for Atiku to file a suit in the American courts and to get the courts to pronounce Tinubu of forgery or otherwise.

The determination of forgery of U.S documents or otherwise cannot be done by Nigerians on the social media. Atiku has relied on the independence of the American judiciary thus far, he can still stretch his luck a little bit more. Who knows! He might just strike gold, I date him to.
Re: Ignorance Of America That Atiku’s Lawyers And Supporters Betray By Farooq by Omoawoke2(m): 2:21pm On Oct 07, 2023
Shattuck:

In this case, CSU has authenticated that he graduated from their school and they don’t attach any value to ceremonial certificates. Third party vendors design certificates for students and alumni which is a normal practice in the US.
Look at the jamb girl case, that is a perfect example of forgery. She altered her jamb scores.

There are so many people that reproduce their documents when the original one is missing to catch up with deadlines, and as long as the details are genuine, they will eventually reconfirm and it will be correct. You know nothing man.

You people will lose this case again as usual and later start screaming the judiciary is corrupt all because you are using sentiments and personal hatred to hide from the truth.

The case is dead on arrival and the Supreme Court will trash it out because justice is blind
Re: Ignorance Of America That Atiku’s Lawyers And Supporters Betray By Farooq by Stoplying: 2:22pm On Oct 07, 2023
teepain:

I have taken the liberty to quote you verbatim as I understand the content of your post. As correcting the inherent errors could make me liable to committing the act of forgery, I implore you to correct those typos yourself. Now, jokes apart this your post is your interpretation of the transcript and it doesn't represent the position of the registrar of CSU based on his deposition. If Tinubu, violated any rule in the U.S, it is very easy. Forgery is a big deal in the United States, it is easy for Atiku to file a suit in the American courts and to get the courts to pronounce Tinubu of forgery or otherwise. The determination of forgery of U.S documents or otherwise cannot be done by Nigerians on the social media. Atiku has relied on the independence of the American judiciary thus far, he can still stretch his luck a little bit more. Who knows! He might just strike gold, I date him to.

1. So America now has jurisdiction in Nigerian affairs ?

2.By the way, it is legal in America to print fake diplomas, there is even an advertised business for that, however, it is illegal in America to submit fake diplomas to state agencies or employers or any official setting while claiming they are genuin.

3. What I said was not my interpretation, but just facts, objective facts which are inconvenient to your cause:
a. diplomas are official documents in the USA
b. Diplomas are issued by the universities not by some random shop owners of your choosing.
c. Universities are not printing companies, so they give contracts to high end printing companies in order for those companies to print the university's diplomas
d. The order to print the diploma is given by the university registrar (who keeps a trace of the order) to the "vendor" (contractor under contract to print diplomas for the university) and the request has to reach the registrar's office before the order is given ( the request is also recorded by the registrar's office)

1 Like

Re: Ignorance Of America That Atiku’s Lawyers And Supporters Betray By Farooq by salvation77177: 2:23pm On Oct 07, 2023
Racoon:

https://www.farooqkperogi.com/2023/10/ignorance-of-america-that-atikus.html
So, America system allows their graduate print their own certificates through unapproved method by forging the school's seal and signatures?.This is not possible in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Ignorance Of America That Atiku’s Lawyers And Supporters Betray By Farooq by Ofunaofu: 2:29pm On Oct 07, 2023
Kukutente23:
I totally disagree with Prof Kperoogi on two premises.
Firstly, the American tradition and jurisprudence does not extend to Nigeria. If a certificate is purely ceremonial in the US, it is not so here in Nigeria. The Nigerian system recognises a certificate as a legal document which must not be tampered with under any circumstances and which can only be issued by an entity with the authority to do so. Tinubu himself is very aware of this which is why he sought CSU to authenticate the self- manufactured certificate which they obviously refused to. In any case, CSU has provision for replacing certificates which is the route Tinubu should have taken instead of going about the whole thing in a shoddy and illegal manner.
The Nigerian system takes certificates very seriously which is why there is provision of statement of results issued to students at completion of studies pending when certificates are ready to be picked up. In the absence of that, a "To whom it may concern" note can be sought and obtained as a stand- in. The Nigerian laws and system does not envisage a situation where a student will become the certifying authority just because he graduated.
Secondly, I have taken professional US exams before and the website usually refers you to another third party website to pick up your certificates. I believe that's what Prof is talking about but what is important here is that it is the certifying institution which gives the third party site the authority to print the right to print and also those to print for. I believe that's what CSU was saying about third party vendor printing certificates and not the erroneous impression flying about that anyone can go to any printing centre of his choice to print certificates.
Lastly, Prof Kperoogi should be mindful of the impression he's creating in the minds of Nigerians about the US system. If US certificates are not worth the papers they are printed on, the question is why print them at all? Why not just hand over the transcripts to the students as proof they graduated instead of giving them worthless certificates whose validity and authenticity can't be relied upon? What about the signature of the school's principal officers? Is he implying that students in the US are at liberty to allocate signatures of the school's officers on documents without their consent and notice so long as they graduated? I want to believe this is not so.

Thank you for this detailed explanation
Re: Ignorance Of America That Atiku’s Lawyers And Supporters Betray By Farooq by teepain: 2:33pm On Oct 07, 2023
Stoplying:

1. So America now has jurisdiction in Nigerian affairs ?

2.By the way, it is legal in America to print fake diplomas, there is even an advertised business for that, however, it is illegal in America to submit fake diplomas to state agencies or employers or any official setting while claiming they are genuin.

3. What I said was not my interpretation, but just facts, objectif facts which are inconvenient to your cause.

I am sorry, but we may need to discontinue this condition if you cannot say thematic without personalizing issues. To be clear about it, I do not represent Tinubu and I have no "cause" in this matte that can be inconvenienced. It is trite law that the power to proclaim a document as forged lies with the one who has authority to issue. Not any other person. At the very least, CSU has not agreed that it's certificate was forged. Hence, I suggest that Atiku should seek clarification in the U.S court. That seems to be his best bet because a thousand opinions will not influence the supreme court. What can help Atiku is a court pronouncing the document forged based on American practices. If that happens, Atiku can proceed to the Supreme court in Nigeria with the judgement.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Honors Dare Samuel Akinrodoye Who Swam Length Of 3rd Mainlanbridge / Goodluck Jonathan To Commission Ekiti's First Flyover Today / Elisha Abbo: Protesters Storm Police Headquarters, Call For Senator's Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.