Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,533 members, 7,816,301 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? (66500 Views)

Ladies That Wear Lashes, Be Careful Of The Glue (Photos) / Pictures Of Ladies That Slayed While Wearing A Kimono / Ladies That Wear Pant And Tight Under Their Dresses. Right Or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by BigYash: 8:57pm On Oct 07, 2023
When I see a lady using cowries on her hair,I just feel she is mami .. What's your take? Is it fashion or its literally beyond fashion?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by Newdawn30: 8:59pm On Oct 07, 2023
Na fashion, I don't give it a thought

205 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by Zonefree(m): 9:13pm On Oct 07, 2023
Cowries on the hair, beads around the waist...I can sell my family's last surviving land just to please such girl.

188 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by victorclean(f): 9:22pm On Oct 07, 2023
Birds of same feather. Please educate me on how to identify yemoja/Osun/Mami water people?

Zonefree:
Cowries on the hair, beads around the waist...I can sell my family's last surviving land just to please such girl.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by Zonefree(m): 9:24pm On Oct 07, 2023
victorclean:
Birds of same feather. Please educate me on how to identify yemoja/Osun/Mami water people?

Ask Papi water.

144 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by victorclean(f): 9:29pm On Oct 07, 2023
Please naaaa. This naija people self ---+. When ever you begged for something, is when shakara commenced.

Please naaa teach me

Zonefree:

Ask Papi water.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by izonborn098(m): 9:30pm On Oct 07, 2023
Op it's fine..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by PaganTerrorist: 3:07am On Oct 08, 2023
Before it became a trend among women, it used to symbolise river goddess and ogbanje.

My GF wears this on her hair plus the cowry necklace on her neck and she's yt

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by Woodshot: 5:40am On Oct 08, 2023
I personally sport dread and some months back decided to add cowries to it. I for one don't know what people think and careless about their opinion. It's just a fashion sense to say the least. It's high time Nigeria grow above anecdotal evidence and rise above superstitions cos those days when it payed are no more in vogue and far behind us.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by 9japride(m): 5:45am On Oct 08, 2023
BigYash:
When I see a lady using cowries on her hair,I just feel she is mami .. What's your take? Is it fashion or its literally beyond fashion?
[color=#006600][/color]

Though, it's fashion but you can't take away the fact that Nigerians are too spiritual and different kind of cultural belief system.
Fear anyone that tells you it does not mean anything.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by falcon01: 7:03am On Oct 08, 2023
Automatic Boner ⚠️

3 Likes

Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by Shedrack777: 7:07am On Oct 08, 2023
i always see them as BigYash
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by Nairalander248: 7:18am On Oct 08, 2023
BigYash:

Most of them doesn't know the implications... They see it as fashion grin

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by HugeElephant(f): 8:00am On Oct 08, 2023
Plastic adaptation of the real cowries.
Those things are from the marine kingdom.
Only the people in spiritual matters will kmtw better

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by purples25(f): 8:19am On Oct 08, 2023
It looks nice. I however, don't know how to use it without looking local.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by WeirdAlien: 9:46am On Oct 08, 2023
It's just fashion and mostly has no implications whatsoever. In fact, it should be encouraged!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by Inodelioo(m): 5:06pm On Oct 08, 2023
Like I see other girls

1 Like

Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by SMoh247: 5:07pm On Oct 08, 2023
cool

For 2023

Abeg na jazz

But everyone can't be Christian and Muslim, some worship Osun

1 Like

Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by b0rn2fuck(m): 5:07pm On Oct 08, 2023
Lol, kongi never catch you. There was a time I pick olosho for Ikeja, make I knack her toto while she was on top of bed . She put on beads and she begin roll hand for up and twist eyes like she was in spirit,. I know even look her face self. Me wey I don pay money already before service base on her terms and agreement and that years then, I don sama my weed with 2 bottle of star , I just tell her. If you like turn to corpse, my penis go enter that place. Immediately I said that. Her eyes return to normal. Penis wey don over-hard already..

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by Adesina18111(m): 5:07pm On Oct 08, 2023
Don't know why I can't stop laughing reading this sh*t grin grin

Zonefree:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by Treasure17(m): 5:07pm On Oct 08, 2023
The daughter of babalawo but it's fashion sha.
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by Charliewyt: 5:08pm On Oct 08, 2023
Zonefree:

You're a badass nigga ma guy!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by dododawa1: 5:08pm On Oct 08, 2023
All join
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by Seunomobo: 5:08pm On Oct 08, 2023
If it had any spiritual benefits, everyone should be using it by now, but alas, it's just a normal piece of decor....
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by jahsharon: 5:08pm On Oct 08, 2023
Lazy youths without life ambition
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by Seunomobo: 5:08pm On Oct 08, 2023
If it had any spiritual benefits, everyone should be using it by now, but alas, it's just a normal piece of decor....
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by absoluteSuccess: 5:08pm On Oct 08, 2023
It used to be associated with Dada, which is our modern dreadlock. So much that if you have dreadlocks, you can always have the cowry, it might be that you are Dada.

So our fathers says Dada olowo Eyo.

1 Like

Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by MrLankeeee(m): 5:08pm On Oct 08, 2023
Zonefree:

Oh my comrade I greet u....
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by Charliewyt: 5:09pm On Oct 08, 2023
HugeElephant:
Plastic adaptation of the real cowries.
Those things are from the marine kingdom.
Only the people in spiritual matters will kmtw better

The more local, the better.
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by SMoh247: 5:09pm On Oct 08, 2023
Zonefree:

Share update

Why?!
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by Sleekfingers: 5:09pm On Oct 08, 2023
PaganTerrorist:
Before it became a trend among women, it used to symbolise river goddess and ogbanje.

My GF wears this on her hair plus the cowry necklace on her neck and she's yt

Cowries is money used back in the day. ..

1 Like

Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by datola: 5:09pm On Oct 08, 2023
Omoyele Sowore family

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Girl With Waist-long Hair (Pictures) / Noni Salma: 'I Was Scared Of Living In Nigeria As A Woman In A Mans Body' / What These Women Wore To A Store (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.