Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,024 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? (66497 Views)

Ladies That Wear Lashes, Be Careful Of The Glue (Photos) / Pictures Of Ladies That Slayed While Wearing A Kimono / Ladies That Wear Pant And Tight Under Their Dresses. Right Or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by erico2k2(m): 5:10pm On Oct 08, 2023
BigYash:
When I see a lady using cowries on her hair,I just feel she is mami .. What's your take? Is it fashion or its literally beyond fashion?
Nothing wrong there, ignorant people will say the cowries is diabolical ahaha its a natural coral from the river simple!
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by erico2k2(m): 5:10pm On Oct 08, 2023
victorclean:
Birds of same feather. Please educate me on how to identify yemoja/Osun/Mami water people?

They ARE HERE grin grin grin grin
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by Oluwazeezu(m): 5:11pm On Oct 08, 2023
As long as it will not distract me from having a good lip smuch😌😌, am owk with it😏
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by Blake755: 5:12pm On Oct 08, 2023
God make money come sha i like am
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by Helinuse: 5:13pm On Oct 08, 2023
Between Israel and Palestine,

May the terrorists be humiliated.

May Gods people prevail.

I didn't call any body's name.
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by seuncyrus(m): 5:14pm On Oct 08, 2023
Anything with cowries or bead, or even anything African at all is automatically deemed fetish . The colonial masters really fvcked our mentality up men.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by strictly4data: 5:14pm On Oct 08, 2023
LoL πŸ˜‚
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by Anwons(m): 5:18pm On Oct 08, 2023
While growing up as a child in the village, cowries are only used by people especially women who serve dierties(juju worshippers) on their dread(unhygienic).
So, whenever I see anyone with cowries, my mind always draw back that experience and it is a No No for me.

2 Likes

Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by Ashirioluwa: 5:18pm On Oct 08, 2023
BigYash:
When I see a lady using cowries on her hair,I just feel she is mami .. What's your take? Is it fashion or it’s literally beyond fashion?

That’s the effect of watching too much nollywood movies.
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by MrBachelor: 5:20pm On Oct 08, 2023
Sexy.
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by onuman: 5:21pm On Oct 08, 2023
BigYash:
When I see a lady using cowries on her hair,I just feel she is mami .. What's your take? Is it fashion or its literally beyond fashion?

Ladies with initial period of madness.
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by Banhammy717: 5:22pm On Oct 08, 2023
Oracle
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by victorazyvictor(m): 5:22pm On Oct 08, 2023
Ogbanje!

It irritates me.
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by Btruth: 5:22pm On Oct 08, 2023
Zonefree:
Cowries on the hair, beads around the waist...I can sell my family's last surviving land just to please such girl.
can you imagine? πŸ€”

1 Like

Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by iamtardey: 5:23pm On Oct 08, 2023
Fashion I like it … maybe I’ll use for my dreadlocks too
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by muheeb01(m): 5:23pm On Oct 08, 2023
Zonefree:
Cowries on the hair, beads around the waist...I can sell my family's last surviving land just to please such girl.
haa you will risk it all
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by Tunde835(m): 5:24pm On Oct 08, 2023
I love it
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by shadrach77: 5:26pm On Oct 08, 2023
That her pose says "faster than a bullet" grin
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by MuMuOnBail: 5:27pm On Oct 08, 2023
Na wa ooo

I just discovered that young men of this generation complain too much about our Ladies choice of fashion.

Let this ladies breath........

They should ware whatever they are comfortable with, it is their body, their choice.
If you don't like it look away, because someone else do.

My Side chick Ifeoma normally ware a Toe ring & nose ring because I love them alot. I even tried convincing my Darling wife to wear one but she refused due to her kind of profession.

cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by Dancebreaker: 5:30pm On Oct 08, 2023
seuncyrus:
Anything with cowries or bead, or even anything African at all is automatically deemed fetish . The colonial masters really fvcked our mentality up men.
All those gringo did a thorough job, Aswear. They even used Vim to do the brainwash.

As a guy, I sported my cowrie for years.

Too many dudu too mumu these days.
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by Akhee: 5:32pm On Oct 08, 2023
BigYash:
I Love this girl on the pix. who get her control. I fit date her, infact this cowries on her head to small sef
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by Quebec91(m): 5:36pm On Oct 08, 2023
Ode πŸ˜’πŸ™„
Zonefree:

2 Likes

Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by Dubetex96(m): 5:38pm On Oct 08, 2023
Those putting it on their head are not doing it casually as u see it. Some may have an ancestral calling from the gods.
So it all depends on the purpose of the person in question. Don't see it as beatification purpose

1 Like

Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by blingxx(m): 5:41pm On Oct 08, 2023
purples25:
It looks nice. I however, don't know how to use it without looking local.

Your native traditional African wears looks local undecided God will punish lugard and the British empire
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 5:43pm On Oct 08, 2023
Ogbaje, Mami water pikin.

1 Like

Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by Nkwazemakennyj(m): 5:44pm On Oct 08, 2023
Zonefree:

No be lie bro...... U sabi better thing
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by Styluss: 5:44pm On Oct 08, 2023
Lovely

BigYash:
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by purples25(f): 5:46pm On Oct 08, 2023
blingxx:

Your native traditional African wears looks local undecided God will punish lugard and the British empire

Oga. You misunderstood. I like the cowries very much, but while it looks so cool on some girls, like the pictures above, I haven't learned how to wear it and it will look nice on me too.

It's not local, I don't know how to style it.
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by ZKOSOSO(m): 5:51pm On Oct 08, 2023
BigYash:
Very true.
Most gals πŸ‘§ πŸ’“ on cowries are water elements.

If you like don't believe me.....
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by spiSeyi: 6:01pm On Oct 08, 2023
It's just a fashion, stop overthinking undecided
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by Chivik93(m): 6:03pm On Oct 08, 2023
BigYash:
I feel African, and I love many things African
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by Onyinyechiugly1(f): 6:12pm On Oct 08, 2023
So long as the person is not related to me......good.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Girl With Waist-long Hair (Pictures) / Noni Salma: 'I Was Scared Of Living In Nigeria As A Woman In A Mans Body' / What These Women Wore To A Store (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.