Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,487 members, 7,816,154 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? (66499 Views)

Ladies That Wear Lashes, Be Careful Of The Glue (Photos) / Pictures Of Ladies That Slayed While Wearing A Kimono / Ladies That Wear Pant And Tight Under Their Dresses. Right Or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by Illegal1(m): 7:25pm On Oct 08, 2023
Nmezor:
It does look fine, its purely for fashion now.

omoh............abeg nah grls lyk u i dey want make them dey around me jare
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by Illegal1(m): 7:31pm On Oct 08, 2023
bonnyhope:

I pity u

Those ladies are Ogbanjeee

omoh...........u no even knw wetin u dey talk slf.

so my landlord daughter wen i use my money buy cowries gv her dn bcum ogbanje bah?
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by sirgalahad26(m): 7:44pm On Oct 08, 2023
It's plastic, stop overthinking it
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by SocialJustice: 7:49pm On Oct 08, 2023
BigYash:
When I see a lady using cowries on her hair,I just feel she is mami .. What's your take? Is it fashion or its literally beyond fashion?
You guys have an opinion about everything. Can't you see and mind your business.
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by Faithy04: 7:49pm On Oct 08, 2023
Yes, most of them using the real one are usually traditionalist
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by Iyanuoluwa007: 7:58pm On Oct 08, 2023
BigYash:
When I see a lady using cowries on her hair,I just feel she is mami .. What's your take? Is it fashion or its literally beyond fashion?

Love it!
And waist beads too.
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by UHLmoving: 8:16pm On Oct 08, 2023
purples25:
It looks nice. I however, don't know how to use it without looking local.
krystalxxx how are you
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by purples25(f): 8:21pm On Oct 08, 2023
UHLmoving:
krystalxxx how are you

Ahem, is anybody looking? lipsrsealed I'm good and you?

Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by seuncyrus(m): 8:28pm On Oct 08, 2023
Dancebreaker:

All those gringo did a thorough job, Aswear. They even used Vim to do the brainwash.

As a guy, I sported my cowrie for years.

Too many dudu too mumu these days.

The mumuness is out of this world. We've completely lost our identity.
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by mabea: 8:48pm On Oct 08, 2023
Ogbanje
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by Godsonkemz(m): 9:27pm On Oct 08, 2023
Wearing cowries have spiritual connotation with the marine. Though many wear it ignorantly.
I know of this marine priestess in my area that have cowries on her dreadlocks. There were several occasions I tried to give her a lift at night but she couldn't enter my car until one night she was stranded. No be person tell am to enter when vehicle has finished on the road.
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by Miracle2020: 10:10pm On Oct 08, 2023
Leg chain and nose rings make me to hate any girl with that.
Any woman with leg chain is a dog and anyone with nose rings is a pig.
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by BArris007(m): 10:22pm On Oct 08, 2023
It's fashion, because those are not original cowries it's all plastic.
I don't even give a thought.
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by Nmezor(f): 10:23pm On Oct 08, 2023
JONSYN7154:
i don't like it.

I see ladies that wear it as if they've sacrifice them to deity of one village.
Hmmm, I na u sabi...Anyway different strokes for diff folks

1 Like

Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by gebest: 11:04pm On Oct 08, 2023
I see dem as mamy water
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by UHLmoving: 6:45am On Oct 09, 2023
purples25:

Ahem, is anybody looking? lipsrsealed I'm good and you?
Yup, I'm good. It's been a while
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by Reelmii: 7:05am On Oct 09, 2023
Illegal1:

omoh...........nah ur SIMPle?

we lyk am lyk dat,leave us alone
no mind all this yeye guys wey dey form matured....na their type dey loose concentration wen them see babe wey wear waist beads
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by purples25(f): 7:42am On Oct 09, 2023
UHLmoving:
Yup, I'm good. It's been a while

Surely. I'm guessing you had a moniker I knew you better by before.
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by BirtherOfKings(f): 7:55am On Oct 09, 2023
It's fashion for women
Simply pray over it and use
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by Reelmii: 8:08am On Oct 09, 2023
Dubetex96:
Those putting it on their head are not doing it casually as u see it. Some may have an ancestral calling from the gods.
So it all depends on the purpose of the person in question. Don't see it as beatification purpose
mouthpiece of the gods have spoken
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by Cortiezclothing: 8:56am On Oct 09, 2023
Corteiz Clothing is a fashion brand synonymous with timeless elegance and modern style. Their collection effortlessly blends classic designs with contemporary trends, offering a range of clothing that is both chic and comfortable. From everyday essentials to statement pieces, brings sophistication to every wardrobe choice.
Visit Our Store: https://cortezclothing.com/
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by Illegal1(m): 9:30am On Oct 09, 2023
Reelmii:
no mind all this yeye guys wey dey form matured....na their type dey loose concentration wen them see babe wey wear waist beads

omoh............i swr
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by francisduru: 9:51am On Oct 09, 2023
I see them as Queen Mother
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by Psoul(m): 11:37am On Oct 09, 2023
Most of those cowries are synthetic. They are not the real ones. So, they are just a mere fashion.

When I see any girl rocking the real traditional cowry, then I know that there may be something attached.
Even 90% of the beads they wear are not the pure traditional beads. Most of them wearing beads cannot even afford to buy the real ones. It's like buying pure gold neckless.
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by Timothy89(m): 4:48pm On Oct 09, 2023
Illegal1:

omoh...........nah ur SIMPle?

we lyk am lyk dat,leave us alone

i SIMPly got your SIMPlification
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 4:42pm On Oct 10, 2023
You are part of them; go and repent; is that the way you are nurtured.
cococandy:

you people are so brainwashed.
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by uzomalahot: 10:30am On Oct 11, 2023
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by LarryCork: 4:32pm On Oct 16, 2023
Nmezor:
Hmmm, I na u sabi...Anyway different strokes for diff folks

gommmme yor nomba? wink
Re: Cowries: How Do You See Ladies That Use This On Their Hair? by purples25(f): 8:54am On Oct 20, 2023
Update, I tried the plastic cowries with a better style and now they fit!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Girl With Waist-long Hair (Pictures) / Noni Salma: 'I Was Scared Of Living In Nigeria As A Woman In A Mans Body' / What These Women Wore To A Store (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.