Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,096 members, 7,828,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? (25741 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi: Don't Leave Your Country (japa), Prosperity Awaits You / RCCG 69th Annual Convention:Share Your Previous Experiences / When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Yestogood: 10:43am On Oct 08, 2023
kereman1:
I just stopped going to church, I'll rather be enjoying nkwobi, stepping it down with a chill beer on a Sunday morning than, being in church for a mortal man to be gaslighting me, cos I'm guilty of everything a pastor preaches in church, and I don't intent to change.

Do you prefer God setting you alight in hell?
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by ChybuzzDD(m): 10:43am On Oct 08, 2023
izonborn098:
I avoid anything that relate to christianity..

That's ok as long as you don't run into the worst one, Islam, which is more of a global terror group.
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by oluxy(m): 10:44am On Oct 08, 2023
DCmaverick:
Wel me i left my former church Bcus, we were having a program and the guest minister dat was invited has spray on his hair, and i was "lik wat de f*ck am i seeing lik dix".
since den i left dat church and nw am A PROUD MEMBER OF SALVATION MINISTRIES.
i lik salvation ministries cus my pastor(David Ibiyeomie)teaches u de word of God and shows u were it is written in de bible for u to comfirm(jus my OWN little reason)

Even the devil knows much Bible more than many Christians.

My advice, know God personally and have the fear of God.
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by MOGPman(m): 10:45am On Oct 08, 2023
[quote author=LagBlogger post=126271222]I haven't been to church for almost a year. Mostly because I meditate and thoroughly read scripture myself.

I feel less empowered spiritually when I listen to some seemons[/quoted
But the word of the Lord says do not ignore the gathering of the faithful. All you need do is finding a living church in the Holy Ghost so as to be strengthened in the faith. Shalom!
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by palsenator(m): 10:45am On Oct 08, 2023
DCmaverick:
Wel me i left my former church Bcus, we were having a program and the guest minister dat was invited has spray on his hair, and i was "lik wat de f*ck am i seeing lik dix".
i lik salvation ministries cus my pastor(David Ibiyeomie)teaches u de word of God and shows u were it is written in de bible for u to comfirm(jus my OWN little reason)

In your mind, the dye will take him to hell abi?? Slavery mentality! You will only respect a man with tie and we'll ironed shirt who tucked his shirt , with a well polish shoe?

Please find a way to liberate yourself, so your generation coming won't have to go through that stress.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Nigeriagood(m): 10:46am On Oct 08, 2023
izonborn098:
but you can't avoid this Christian thread
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by izonborn098(m): 10:47am On Oct 08, 2023
Shey na christianity get the forum ni..
Nigeriagood:
but you can't avoid this Christian thread

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by BarrElChapo(m): 10:48am On Oct 08, 2023
Sunday front page topics are always trashy๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by baconline(m): 10:50am On Oct 08, 2023
Japa enter church too
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by MOGPman(m): 10:50am On Oct 08, 2023
kereman1:
I just stopped going to church, I'll rather be enjoying nkwobi, stepping it down with a chill beer on a Sunday morning than, being in church for a mortal man to be gaslighting me, cos I'm guilty of everything a pastor preaches in church, and I don't intent to change.
Having the need to change is the first step towards your salvation, reason being that your soul is the most important treasure of God in your life!
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by patorial(m): 10:53am On Oct 08, 2023
Mvnster:

Yea lets keep throwing twins in evil forests and using albinos for rituals

Killing of twins isn't a religious thing but a traditional practice, just like marriage.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Nigeriagood(m): 10:53am On Oct 08, 2023
izonborn098:
Shey na christianity get the forum ni..
is this an Islamic thread?
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by mariovito(m): 10:55am On Oct 08, 2023
MOGPman:

Only Jesus remains the way, the truth and the life! Repent now and surrender your life to Him, so as to be free from the ancestral spirits that give you this diabolic ideology and more so, from eternal destruction in hell!

I have just a few questions and I'll appreciate your honest and candid reply.

1. Jesus is the way to what/where?

2. You speak of ancestral spirits in a bad light, the spirits of my forebear? I will take an objection to that.

3. Are your ancestors evil?

4. With history at our disposal and knowledge of the atrocities Europeans committed all around the world against indigenous people, who do you think is evil between the ancestors of present day Europeans and our own ancestors?

5. If there were no promise of heaven and no threat of hell, would you still be a Christian?

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Abelinkan: 10:57am On Oct 08, 2023
God is not a Christian nor Muslim... Pray to him in whatever languages, and way you feel comfortable. God is God
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by izonborn098(m): 10:59am On Oct 08, 2023
Oboy na christianity get the forum.

I'm not a muslim..
Nigeriagood:
is this an Islamic thread?
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by coldcandy: 11:02am On Oct 08, 2023
DCmaverick:

You left a church because the minister used a hairspray. But you have gone to a new church that doesn't tell you the "f" language is not a wholesome language.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Nigeriagood(m): 11:05am On Oct 08, 2023
izonborn098:
Oboy na christianity get the forum.

I'm not a muslim..
exactly
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by bluefilm: 11:06am On Oct 08, 2023
izonborn098:

Same thing here.

In fact, I avoid anything that relate to any type of organized religion.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Theunbothered: 11:07am On Oct 08, 2023
DCmaverick:
Why did u leave ur previous church? and what made u like ur current place of worship?

- if u don't go to church u can also give reason(s) why u dn't go too undecided

If God is everywhere why do we need to go to one building on Sunday to be in his presence? grin

Why do we also have to drop money some say at least 10% if he can just create whatever he wants.

Never made any sense.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by franugo(m): 11:08am On Oct 08, 2023
DCmaverick:

Your reason for leaving sounds so childish...a guest minister,not even the main pastor sprayed his hair and you thought that was unforgivable enough to leave?
So what if your current GOM Ibiyeomie invites a pastor that sprays his hair too? You'll leave again?
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by coldcandy: 11:09am On Oct 08, 2023
Abelinkan:
God is not a Christian nor Muslim... Pray to him in whatever languages, and way you feel comfortable. God is God

How do you "know" this?
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Mvnster: 11:22am On Oct 08, 2023
patorial:

Killing of twins isn't a religious thing but a traditional practice, just like marriage.
Very funny, keep deceving yourself
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Mvnster: 11:25am On Oct 08, 2023
Rolings:

Is it different from a so called house of love and empathy owning slaves mostly Africans.
So in the church's mind African are less humans fit for slavery in plantations and mines .
Heck most of those cathedrals that dotted your towns and cities were built with slave labour...

Until Africans realise to that they have to go back to their Gods they will remain slaves forever.
You can keep whining and blaming the europeans for your failures, slavery was simply a result of economic and military innequality, if africa where more advanced in science and technology we would have been the ones to dominate and conquer europe, it has nothing to do with christianity oga.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Mvnster: 11:28am On Oct 08, 2023
Kubin:
that's civilization every religion was primitive at a time,is not only African tradition.
You are right to some extent.
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Mvnster: 11:30am On Oct 08, 2023
Bluezy13:

The Christian god that you worship, tell me,
Can you mention a place, just one place in the Bible where the devil killed someone??

But the god you worship killed people, children, slaves, first borns, a generation, the world in the Bible.

Who is the evil one now?
Besides, I don't believe in any religion.
Why dont you believe in any religion? What do you understand death to be?
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by youngrichnigga: 11:38am On Oct 08, 2023
COVID-19 opened my eyes to the hypocrisy in most of these churches, despite the lockdown that had many people out of work and salary before ultimately losing the jobs due to rightsizing at the time, many churches still were clamoring for tithes without any concern for the members' mental and physical health. My knowledge of the bible leads to believe that they should have opened up their storehouses to feed the needy congregants through the period but no, they were bent on still milking the already dried pockets of their members undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Geovanni412(m): 11:44am On Oct 08, 2023
Mvnster:

Yea lets keep throwing twins in evil forests and using albinos for rituals

No, let's allow Priests that molest children continue to minister in the church by transferring them to other districts

Every religion has its dark side

Link:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/14/us/catholic-church-sex-abuse-pennsylvania.html

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Mvnster: 11:51am On Oct 08, 2023
Geovanni412:

No, let's allow Priests that molest children continue to minister in the church by transferring them to other districts

Every religion has its dark side

Link:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/14/us/catholic-church-sex-abuse-pennsylvania.html

They are talking about fruits you are calling chair, in which christian book did you see child molestation as a practice of christianity? You should learn to argue logically.
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by udemzyudex(m): 11:58am On Oct 08, 2023
Just go to a Bible believing church.
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by RoyalHighness7(m): 12:11pm On Oct 08, 2023
I lost interest in going to church 31 DEC 2014 when the pastor called me out in the present of my mum and dad and the entire congregation and saw a fake vision telling everybody am a cultist me that hates cultism like mad !!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by NEUDUDE: 12:11pm On Oct 08, 2023
Bluezy13:
If one must worship, one should worship the gods of one's forefathers.

The Christian god is a product of political propaganda.

Modified*
In response to "barbarism" as someone below pointed out:
We made them barbaric.
They weren't barbaric.
We chose to appease them by extreme means.
They never chose.
We made them respond the way we wanted.
Their response was directly proportional to our choice of appeasement.

That's why when the barbaric rituals ceased, nothing happened.

Then again, I guess it's the Christian god that is barbaric for killing firstborn sons, a whole nation (Sodom and Gomorrah) a generation, the whole world (with flood) and through wars. Imagine the number of times that the words "smite, smote" appeared in the Bible (KJV).

The god was busy killing people here and there, according to the Bible, yet you will not see it as barbaric.

Lol the one littering the whole place with human parts abi ozwoor grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shatta Wale Will Commit Suicide โ€“ Prophet Charles Dady (Video) / Daddy Freeze: When Corruption Favours Christians They Call It Grace / Why You Must Never Make Sex Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.