Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,898 members, 7,828,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? (25736 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi: Don't Leave Your Country (japa), Prosperity Awaits You / RCCG 69th Annual Convention:Share Your Previous Experiences / When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Peppysco: 12:27pm On Oct 08, 2023
Foreign religion worshipers are still deeply rooted in systematic slavery.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by zedegit: 12:30pm On Oct 08, 2023
DCmaverick:
Wel me i left my former church Bcus, we were having a program and the guest minister dat was invited has spray on his hair, and i was "lik wat de f*ck am i seeing lik dix".
since den i left dat church and nw am A PROUD MEMBER OF SALVATION MINISTRIES.
i lik salvation ministries cus my pastor(David Ibiyeomie)teaches u de word of God and shows u were it is written in de bible for u to comfirm(jus my OWN little reason)

So if you see another razz Pastor in salvation, you'll leave again? You're not serious.
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Donake: 12:48pm On Oct 08, 2023
If I'm asked to choose,I would say we return to our African worship without sacrificing humans(which is sometimes human manipulation) I would say we are good to go. These two (Islam and Christianity) were imported and forced on africans.

I don't hate any church but it's time we got back to our roots and refine them.
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Chibuezem(m): 12:54pm On Oct 08, 2023
mariovito:

I have just a few questions and I'll appreciate your honest and candid reply.

1. Jesus is the way to what/where?

2. You speak of ancestral spirits in a bad light, the spirits of my forebear? I will take an objection to that.

3. Are your ancestors evil?

4. With history at our disposal and knowledge of the atrocities Europeans committed all around the world against indigenous people, who do you think is evil between the ancestors of present day Europeans and our own ancestors?

5. If there were no promise of heaven and no threat of hell, would you still be a Christian?
1— Jesus Christ is the way to the kingdom of God.
2.Ancestral spirits are not spirit of your ancestors but spirits that they(our ancestors) worshipped and appeased using blood sacrifices through which they made covenants to receive wealth, protection etc. They are the spirits that stand to represent every village or clan in the spiritual world.
3. I can't say yes or no... I was not with them when they were alive....
4.Humans can be bad or good, even our ancestors were evil... Selling out their brothers as slaves to the white people.... Anyone can be bad.
5.Yes..... Christianity is simply living The life of Christ Jesus.... This life is summarized in Love... Love of God and mankind..... This life is rewarded in this earth and the world to come.... A christains identity is not in the reward of heaven and fear over hell but is in his relationship with His Father....
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by soccerlite: 12:54pm On Oct 08, 2023
Mvnster:

Yea lets keep throwing twins in evil forests and using albinos for rituals

You dey mind them

Useless god that brought only fetishism and rituals
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Chibuezem(m): 12:58pm On Oct 08, 2023
Donake:
If I'm asked to choose,I would say we return to our African worship without sacrificing humans(which is sometimes human manipulation) I would say we are good to go. These two (Islam and Christianity) were imported and forced on africans.

I don't hate any church but it's time we got back to our roots and refine them.
Christianity in the right sense is not by force... It is in your free will to choose.... That's why Christians don't go about forcing people to convert to Christ.
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Bluezy13(m): 1:02pm On Oct 08, 2023
Mvnster:

Why dont you believe in any religion? What do you understand death to be?

Death is the end of existence.
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Angy55(f): 1:43pm On Oct 08, 2023
StormpyBee:
The church is your heart, and not a building.

This is what matters!

I disagree with you.

So why then did God cover Adam and Eve when they became naked after eating the forbidden fruit?

Make una dey turn bible upside down oo.
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by hardon1(m): 1:50pm On Oct 08, 2023
DCmaverick:
Wel me i left my former church Bcus, we were having a program and the guest minister dat was invited has spray on his hair, and i was "lik wat de f*ck am i seeing lik dix".
i lik salvation ministries cus my pastor(David Ibiyeomie)teaches u de word of God and shows u were it is written in de bible for u to comfirm(jus my OWN little reason)

I promise you will still change church again. The question is not what this pastor did or this pastor said. Have you stopped telling lies? Have you stopped fornicating?
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by fuck419: 2:10pm On Oct 08, 2023
HEY!
BECAUSE CHRISTIANITY GIVES YOU THE FREEDOM TO EXPRESS YOURSELF, DOES NOT NOT MEAN THAT EVERY NOW AND THEN, YOU COME OUT HERE TALKING SHIT ABOUT CHRISTIANITY.

IF PEOPLE CHOOSE TO GO TO CHURCH OR NOT, IT'S NON OF YOUR BUSINESS.

WHATEVER YOU HAVE CHOSEN, CONTINUE WITH IT AND STOP ANTAGONISING CHRISTIANS.

HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU ASKED WHY PEOPLE STOPPED GOING TO MOSQUE OR CONVERTED TO OTHER BELIEFS?

YOU GUYS ARE JUST MAD DEMONS CAUSING PROBLEMS EVERYWHERE.
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by tammyf: 2:22pm On Oct 08, 2023
So u can't read the word of God urself .na wao...
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by NELLY1990: 2:22pm On Oct 08, 2023
Then be ready to harvest the consequences of the choice you make. Period.

kereman1:
I just stopped going to church, I'll rather be enjoying nkwobi, stepping it down with a chill beer on a Sunday morning than, being in church for a mortal man to be gaslighting me, cos I'm guilty of everything a pastor preaches in church, and I don't intent to change.
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Geovanni412(m): 2:32pm On Oct 08, 2023
Geovanni412:

No, let's allow Priests that molest children continue to minister in the church by transferring them to other districts

Every religion has its dark side

Link:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/14/us/catholic-church-sex-abuse-pennsylvania.html

Logically....

You committed a logical fallacy by doing hasty generalization

Even in Nigeria, it is not all parts that permitted killing of twins. The Yorubas have always accepted twins.

Same thing with killing of albinos

Christians killed more people during the transatlantic slave trade than any human sacrifice ever done in Nigeria.

Is paganism barbaric? Yes, it is

Are Christians barbaric? Yes, they are

As long as religion is practiced by human beings, who are inherently wicked, there will always be deviations from whatever is written in the books.

Religion is not what is written in the book....it is what is practiced by the people in their hearts and by their actions.

Some of our ancestors who practiced paganism lived a far more decent lifestyle than many Christians.

Will they go to hell when they had no opportunity to hear of Christ before they died?
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by ukaface(f): 2:35pm On Oct 08, 2023
I left my previous church because the preaching became confusing like say na maths, and also the members were Fvcking hypocrites.

You can never guess the church right🤣😂
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Tyktoker: 2:38pm On Oct 08, 2023
But his preaching to curse anyone who drop offering of 50 naira birthed hook up for the first time in PH and of course how it spread across Nigeria amongst christian ladies trying to meet up their tithing target is a story for tomorrow. Kidnapping for ransome gained prominence for his open rebuke of youths who are not hustling to remit tithe. Well, that is about your salvation ministry! Maybe they should focus on more people getting saved than forcing them to bring tithe at all cost!
DCmaverick:
Why did u leave ur previous church? and what made u like ur current place of worship?

- if u don't go to church u can also give reason(s) why u dn't go too undecided

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Feelings79: 2:53pm On Oct 08, 2023
DCmaverick:
You are in salvation ministries because Ibiyeomie, like Oyedepo excites you about the possibilities of eartly treasures and how being poor is a sin.He brags about how rich he has become and you also becoming rich if you followed him and gave him money in the name of heavy tithes and offerings.This is all at the expense of Christ coming back soon, love of neighbor as yourself,being a good Samaritan to strangers which no longer excite church goers of today

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Quenncee: 2:56pm On Oct 08, 2023
DCmaverick:

Your reason funny sha.

So you must wait till David Ibiyeomie teaches you de word of God and show you where it is written before you will learn. What is in the bible that is difficult for you to read and understand?

Bible wey na simple English with no vocabulary in it, still people will wait for cultist pastors to read and explain to them before they understand. Tomorrow you will say you are a graduate. Tueh...
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Amayabor1: 3:12pm On Oct 08, 2023
MimiSheWrote:
As a proud Christian (A catholic) I keep telling everyone that excess diversity/Freedom we now have in Christianity is the #1 contributor to it's recent constant decline globally.

Christianity started declining immediately other christian sects started breaking away from the vatican (The Catholic church).
It was a big mistake and I think the vatican should have done even more to hold the church and religion together.

Cos now every psychopath named Joe or Lizzy can now invent their own "church" for profit or God knows what.. each with their own different weird doctrine.... Making Christianity look bad and like a total joke in general.

You might think i'm saying this because I'm a catholic, but I'm not... I'm only stating the fact.

If Christianity had stick to the first church (The Catholic) it would still have it's old glory, influence, dominance and global respect till today... atleast.

Now I'm not saying that the Catholic is perfect, it sure has its own short comings too,but there is no doubt that it's the most mature,organized,most conservative and probably the most disciplined of all the christian group/sect till today. This remains the fact... regardless how much you hate the catholic church and the ugly things your hate filled envious "Pastor" has told you about the catholic church(That doesn't have his or her time)

In addition... I also have much respect for few other christian sects, such as the Orthodox and Anglican church... just to be fair.

First, the Catholic Church wasn't the first church.

Secondly, the Catholic Church bears some resemblance to islam, especially in the area of praying of rosaries. No Christian who have a knowledge of the word of God will be praying to Mary or be bowing to an image of mary or Jesus. People tend to grow up and become tired of the Catholic way of worshipping God and leave the Catholic Church. It is the Catholic Church that is in decline.
Also, the Catholic Church has a dark history. I wonder why there have never been a black man pope. A black man is not holy enough to lead the Catholic Church? Lol.

The funny thing is that all over the world, including Nigeria, many people are leaving the Catholic Church to other denominations.

In summary, there is a decline of catholism, not Christianity!
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by aremubabs: 3:18pm On Oct 08, 2023
Mvnster:

Yea lets keep throwing twins in evil forests and using albinos for rituals

In Yorubaland, we never practised the culture of throwing twins away.

In fact, Ibeji is an Orisha (god) in Yoruba traditional religion.

We also never used albinos for rituals. Never mind what you watch or hear today.

Yorubas have absolute respect for the deformed, dwarfs or albinos because it is believed that Obatala protects them.

Also, there is not one single Yoruba god or goddess which demands human sacrifice. It is always animals and/food that they demand for worship.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by oneman2k7: 3:24pm On Oct 08, 2023
I left my former church as I felt neglected during the lockdown covid19 period. Nobody asked for my family which include the pastor.

Immediately the lockdown was over, I started getting their calls. I felt I needed a better place where love for brethren radiates.
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by PARADIZEPRIEST: 4:11pm On Oct 08, 2023
Stop believing your pastors,believe in WHAT IS SAID BY GOD.GOD'S WORD IS SETTLED AND IRREFUTABLE.
BEWARNED EVERY SANE MIND,
NLAND IS 80% ATHEIST WHO LIVE UNDER SIEGE OF DEVIL CLAWS angry
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by tallfish145(m): 5:37pm On Oct 08, 2023
izonborn098:
I avoid anything that relate to christianity..
wise decision
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by GoodRocks: 6:41pm On Oct 08, 2023
SHINJA:
So because of hair spray u change Ur church?

Baby Christians everywhere...

Guess u have never travel out of this shithole

Imagine a president of a nation spraying his hair and you think such fellow would be allowed to attend world meetings? Dey play!

I'm sure you would called the leaders in the world meeting "babies" for not allowing the hair sprayed dude
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by HoneySwag(f): 10:31pm On Oct 08, 2023
mariovito:

There's a reason why gods take after the people that worship them.

For example, Indians and their Hinduism, Chinese and Buddhism, Jews and Judaism, Europeans and Christianity, Arabs and Islam.

But coming to Africa, no one wants to be proud of their indigenous religion, they'll rather see it as demon worship.

Religion and Gods are forms of self expression and identity.

If I assume a foreign religion, I also assumee their identity and consciously and subconsciously see my salvation in another land other than mine.

Agreed, our various African religions just like every other, Christianity inclusive had a few flaws here and there, but if we had stuck with it, we would have evolved just like Christianity.
The religions you mentioned above are all serving God, they go through different channels. I'll suggest you Google search "the summit lighthouse" and learn the true existence of God and how other religions are connected to Him, the Mighty I AM.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Easter Youth Camp: Youths From Around The World Join / Shatta Wale Will Commit Suicide – Prophet Charles Dady (Video) / Daddy Freeze: When Corruption Favours Christians They Call It Grace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.