Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,123 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? (25735 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi: Don't Leave Your Country (japa), Prosperity Awaits You / RCCG 69th Annual Convention:Share Your Previous Experiences / When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by damosky12(m): 10:20am On Oct 08, 2023
Funny
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by MimiSheWrote(f): 10:21am On Oct 08, 2023
As a proud Christian (A catholic) I keep telling everyone that excess diversity/Freedom we now have in Christianity is the #1 contributor to it's recent constant decline globally.

Christianity started declining immediately other christian sects started breaking away from the vatican (The Catholic church).
It was a big mistake and I think the vatican should have done even more to hold the church and religion together.

Cos now every psychopath named Joe or Lizzy can now invent their own "church" for profit or God knows what.. each with their own different weird doctrine.... Making Christianity look bad and like a total joke in general.

You might think i'm saying this because I'm a catholic, but I'm not... I'm only stating the fact.

If Christianity had stick to the first church (The Catholic) it would still have it's old glory, influence, dominance and global respect till today... atleast.

Now I'm not saying that the Catholic is perfect, it sure has its own short comings too,but there is no doubt that it's the most mature,organized,most conservative and probably the most disciplined of all the christian group/sect till today. This remains the fact... regardless how much you hate the catholic church and the ugly things your hate filled envious "Pastor" has told you about the catholic church(That doesn't have his or her time)

In addition... I also have much respect for few other christian sects, such as the Orthodox and Anglican church... just to be fair.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Winters23: 10:21am On Oct 08, 2023
The only church I will attend is the one I am the president and founder

grin

5 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Bluezy13(m): 10:22am On Oct 08, 2023
mariovito:

There's a reason why gods take after the people that worship them.

For example, Indians and their Hinduism, Chinese and Buddhism, Jews and Judaism, Europeans and Christianity, Arabs and Islam.

But coming to Africa, no one wants to be proud of their indigenous religion, they'll rather see it as demon worship.

Religion and Gods are forms of self expression and identity.

If I assume a foreign religion, I also assumee their identity and consciously and subconsciously see my salvation in another land other than mine.

Be specific in your approach, let me know how to respond to your view.
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by olawaley12(m): 10:23am On Oct 08, 2023
The best religion is being a person with good heart and good will

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Mvnster: 10:23am On Oct 08, 2023
Bluezy13:

We made them barbaric.
They weren't barbaric.
We chose to appease them by extreme means.
They never chose.
We made them respond the way we wanted.
Their response was directly proportional to our choice of appeasement.

That's why when the barbaric rituals ceased, nothing happened.
Who is we? You are always free to practice what you fancy but dont hurt your neighbour please.
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by daygee12: 10:24am On Oct 08, 2023
DCmaverick:
Wel me i left my former church Bcus, we were having a program and the guest minister dat was invited has spray on his hair, and i was "lik wat de f*ck am i seeing lik dix".
since den i left dat church and nw am A PROUD MEMBER OF SALVATION MINISTRIES.
i lik salvation ministries cus my pastor(David Ibiyeomie)teaches u de word of God and shows u were it is written in de bible for u to comfirm(jus my OWN little reason)

Ibiyomie another god of men, all these men are just after their own pocket. Ibiyomie that will be preaching that if u don't pay tithe things will be be tight because of his own selfish interest

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Tboymessiah(m): 10:25am On Oct 08, 2023
Winters23:
The only church I will attend is the one I am the president and founder

grin

NasoLifeBe!!!

Hahahaha

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by wittywriter: 10:25am On Oct 08, 2023
littlenzuki:
Hello good day nairaland, let someone who is touched by the spirit to share me data. 08106685142. Thanks

olawaley12:
The best religion is being a person with good heart and good will

Wittyness.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Judgesledge(m): 10:26am On Oct 08, 2023
Mvnster:

Yea lets keep throwing twins in evil forests and using albinos for rituals
Every faith goes through transformations as human knowledge increases, Christians in medieval Europe burnt people at the stake on suspicion of witchcraft

8 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by mariovito(m): 10:27am On Oct 08, 2023
kereman1:
I just stopped going to church, I'll rather be enjoying nkwobi, stepping it down with a chill beer on a Sunday morning than, being in church for a mortal man to be gaslighting me, cos I'm guilty of everything a pastor preaches in church, and I don't intent to change.

Werey.

Baba just plead guilty as charged make nobody for waste anybody time.

Real gaslighting

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Bluezy13(m): 10:27am On Oct 08, 2023
Mvnster:

Who is we? You are always free to practice what you fancy but dont hurt your neighbour please.

The Christian god that you worship, tell me,
Can you mention a place, just one place in the Bible where the devil killed someone??

But the god you worship killed people, children, slaves, first borns, a generation, the world in the Bible.

Who is the evil one now?
Besides, I don't believe in any religion.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by mariovito(m): 10:29am On Oct 08, 2023
Bluezy13:

Be specific in your approach, let me know how to respond to your view.

You don't seem to understand that I'm buttressing your point, I'm not even in an argument with you

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Kubin: 10:30am On Oct 08, 2023
Mvnster:

that's civilization every religion was primitive at a time,is not only African tradition.

7 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by phemmyfour: 10:30am On Oct 08, 2023
DCmaverick:
Why did u leave ur previous church? and what made u like ur current place of worship?

- if u don't go to church u can also give reason(s) why u dn't go too undecided

I never left cos I know that no Church is perfect. Besides I am not attending Church to worship human

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Bluezy13(m): 10:30am On Oct 08, 2023
mariovito:

You don't seem to understand that I'm buttressing your point, I'm not even in an argument with you

Oh...
I mistook you for that other fellow.
The "mv" moniker confused me.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by izonborn098(m): 10:31am On Oct 08, 2023
Why are you christians so daft''
princepeter566:
U are confused young boy.
so everybody should believe in your religion, right?

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Rolings: 10:33am On Oct 08, 2023
mariovito:

For example, Indians and their Hinduism, Chinese and Buddhism, Jews and Judaism, Europeans and Christianity, Arabs and Islam.

But coming to Africa, no one wants to be proud of their indigenous religion, they'll rather see it as demon worship.

If I assume a foreign religion, I also assumee their identity and consciously and subconsciously see my salvation in another land other than mine.

Agreed, our various African religions just like every other, Christianity inclusive had a few flaws here and there, but if we had stuck with it, we would have evolved just like Christianity.

And we still wonder why Africa is not as developed as Europe or america when we abandoned our Gods for theirs.
Even when they left us as colonies we by our selves are going to them to enslave us with menial jobs and some fancy IT or medical profession.... Professions their own citizens refuse to do

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Kubin: 10:34am On Oct 08, 2023
daygee12:

Ibiyomie another god of men, all these men are just after their own pocket. Ibiyomie that will be preaching that if u don't pay tithe things will be be tight because of his own selfish interest
there are the highest yahoo men in town

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by mariovito(m): 10:37am On Oct 08, 2023
Bluezy13:

The Christian god that you worship, tell me,
Can you mention a place, just one place in the Bible where the devil killed someone??

But the god you worship killed people, children, slaves, first borns, a generation, the world in the Bible.

Who is the evil one now?
Besides, I don't believe in any religion.

But it's never in doubt that the Judeo-Christian God is an embodiment of good and evil.

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things

Job is another case in point

Job was on his own when the sons of God gathered, Lucifer inclusive (for those who need to hear the obvious, yes, Lucifer is a son of God) and God bragged about job and even prompted Lucifer to go mess him up, Lucifer never even had that idea, it was the all loving God that conceived that idea.

Tell me again who is evil?
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by yemmywesey(m): 10:37am On Oct 08, 2023
Stay away from churches, return back to your ancestral beliefs. Church is a political product of colonialism,whose intended purpose of creation has already been achieved which is no longer relevant or useful any longer, but our con men pastors are now syphoning the economic leftovers into their pockets.

4 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Rolings: 10:38am On Oct 08, 2023
Mvnster:

Is it different from a so called house of love and empathy owning slaves mostly Africans.
So in the church's mind African are less humans fit for slavery in plantations and mines .
Heck most of those cathedrals that dotted your towns and cities were built with slave labour...

Until Africans realise to that they have to go back to their Gods they will remain slaves forever.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by mariovito(m): 10:38am On Oct 08, 2023
yemmywesey:
Stay away from churches, return back to you ancestral beliefs.

Preach it from the roof top to the trenches.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by SweetDipBenny(m): 10:38am On Oct 08, 2023
Pastor said we sud come and give a fat and shocking seed dat will shock God, and make him stand up from his chair... I say well done 👏

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by MOGPman(m): 10:39am On Oct 08, 2023
mariovito:

Agreed, our various African religions just like every other, Christianity inclusive had a few flaws here and there, but if we had stuck with it, we would have evolved just like Christianity.
Only Jesus remains the way, the truth and the life! Repent now and surrender your life to Him, so as to be free from the ancestral spirits that give you this diabolic ideology and more so, from eternal destruction in hell!

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by AntiChristian: 10:39am On Oct 08, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by mariovito(m): 10:39am On Oct 08, 2023
Rolings:

Is it different from a so called house of love and empathy owning slaves mostly Africans.
So in the church's mind African are less humans fit for slavery in plantations and mines .
Heck most of those cathedrals that dotted your towns and cities were built with slave labour...

Until Africans realise to that they have to go back to their Gods they will remain slaves forever.

Africans must wake up.

I prefer the first generation Nigerian christians to what we have now who run about like a headless chicken.

The likes of Pa Ogunbiyi even while a renown evangelical still stayed in touch with his roots same as most others at the time.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Bluezy13(m): 10:39am On Oct 08, 2023
mariovito:

But it's never in doubt that the Judeo-Christian God is an embodiment of good and evil.

Isaiah 45:7

Job is another case in point

Job was on his own when the sons of God gathered, Lucifer inclusive (for those who need to hear the obvious, yes, Lucifer is a son of God) and God bragged about job and even prompted Lucifer to go mess him up, Lucifer never even had that idea, it was the all loving God that conceived that idea.

Tell me again who is evil?
I just mentioned (in my modified) post, the killing spree recorded in the Bible attributed to the Christian god.
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by cl0r0x: 10:40am On Oct 08, 2023
I was a committed church member responsible for displaying the Bible text on the the projector. Our church service held in a big hotel in the country I live.

One morning the pastor called me to arrange a hotel he will expecting someone from naija. I used my driver's license and booked the hotel. Later that day someone called me to ask how much they settled me, I asked for what?

He told me not to act ignorant that I was the one that booked the hotel they used to wash money for a mugu. GOD saved me the work no cast on my head.
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Assurance2023: 10:40am On Oct 08, 2023
DCmaverick:
Why did u leave ur previous church? and what made u like ur current place of worship?

- if u don't go to church u can also give reason(s) why u dn't go too undecided

They prioritize money over their primary assignment which is to save souls and prepare people for the after world.
Selfishness, wickedness and partiality are what they practice.
When you have money, you will be made a chairperson and all other titles.

They will preach about money and tithe for 3 Sundays out of 4 Sundays in a month.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Puss360(f): 10:42am On Oct 08, 2023
izonborn098:
I avoid anything that relate to christianity..
grin grin grin so u are a Muslim 😜
Re: Why Did You Leave Your Previous Church? by Bahamas95(m): 10:43am On Oct 08, 2023
I left after I left my mother's house, African mothers are ............

I don't even know how to describe them. grin.....Mumsy was forcing me to go to church back then and the church didn't help matters at all. We will go to church by 8am and close by 3pm, I wonder wetin the pastor dey preach sef.

Since then I lost interest worshipping in any church. Mumsy still regard me as a pagan till today but I don't care, I believe in personal relationship with God. I must not be in the gathering of over sabi people before I worship God.

Most pastors nowadays are corporate fraudsters.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome's Easter Youth Camp: Youths From Around The World Join / Shatta Wale Will Commit Suicide – Prophet Charles Dady (Video) / Daddy Freeze: When Corruption Favours Christians They Call It Grace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.