Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,074 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

PENGASSAN Confirms Return Of Fuel Subsidy Under Tinubu - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PENGASSAN Confirms Return Of Fuel Subsidy Under Tinubu (32272 Views)

Reactions As IMF Confirms Return Of Petrol Subsidy Under Tinubu / IMF Confirms Return Of Petrol Subsidy Under Tinubu - Daily Trust / Lagos Versus Anambra Under Tinubu And Obi; A Comparative Analysis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PENGASSAN Confirms Return Of Fuel Subsidy Under Tinubu by NewDea4: 5:58pm On Oct 08, 2023
treesun:

https://dailytrust.com/pengassan-confirms-return-of-fuel-subsidy-under-tinubu/

@donbrowser come here with your brain

If you carry empty skull enter here I go wipe you koboko!
Re: PENGASSAN Confirms Return Of Fuel Subsidy Under Tinubu by GEJDHERO: 6:08pm On Oct 08, 2023
victorbass1234:
But doesn’t this still mean that Tinubu is doing well ?
For us at least ?
Pms is subsidized so that it can stay at 620
Y’all would shout if it’s above 620
mumu
Re: PENGASSAN Confirms Return Of Fuel Subsidy Under Tinubu by GEJDHERO: 6:11pm On Oct 08, 2023
Donedeal1:
Remove subsidies complains

Restored subsidies complains

Olorun,help this career noise makers.
let him revert to pre inauguration price.
Re: PENGASSAN Confirms Return Of Fuel Subsidy Under Tinubu by Kevineleven(m): 6:14pm On Oct 08, 2023
Fuel prices should reduce else na scam, yahoo format.
Re: PENGASSAN Confirms Return Of Fuel Subsidy Under Tinubu by worksmart(m): 6:15pm On Oct 08, 2023
You are clearly misunderstanding me . Tinubu is an unmitigated disaster and criminal. How Nigeria allowed such a person to even contest for the office of the president is what I see as astonishing and a testament to how flawed we are as a country.
aviara:

You are a good example of the problem of Nigeria. You leave the problem facing the country and demand that our leaders take proactive steps to profer solution or resign if they don't have the solution. You are busy casting blames at others.

Managing an economy effectively is never done by propaganda or ethnic politics and sentiments. Macro economics works by scientific mix of fiscal and monetary policies taking various factors into consideration at the appropriate timing.

It was a major error for President Tinubu to have announced the end of subsidy at the time he did without first putting in place certain cushioning measures. It was also a fatal error to float the naira almost at the same time with subsidy removal knowing that Nigeria is a highly import dependant country. I never believed that a day will ever come when the naira will exchange one dollar at over N1000.
Re: PENGASSAN Confirms Return Of Fuel Subsidy Under Tinubu by enemyofprogress: 6:16pm On Oct 08, 2023
Believe Tinubu at your own risk
Re: PENGASSAN Confirms Return Of Fuel Subsidy Under Tinubu by badoh(m): 6:16pm On Oct 08, 2023
TechCapon:
Subsidy was maintained by the buhari regime and fuel was 185, now the same subsidy is being paid by Tinubu's regime and fuel is 620. grin
Did you factor in the price of crude oil in the international market during Buhari's regime and compare it with the current price. Over reliance on import is also favourable to Nigeria 's economy
Re: PENGASSAN Confirms Return Of Fuel Subsidy Under Tinubu by GEJDHERO: 6:18pm On Oct 08, 2023
clinician2x:
I can't wait to get out of nigeria.
People are running out of Canada

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IHPvw_jl-c
Re: PENGASSAN Confirms Return Of Fuel Subsidy Under Tinubu by donbrowser(m): 6:37pm On Oct 08, 2023
NewDea4:

@donbrowser come here with your brain

If you carry empty skull enter here I go wipe you koboko!

grin grin

Where's the doc? No evidence!
Re: PENGASSAN Confirms Return Of Fuel Subsidy Under Tinubu by bayelsaowei(m): 7:01pm On Oct 08, 2023
Taylor92:
Where are the online miscreants that keeps shouting “SUBSIDY IS GONE FOR GOOD”

I’ve never seen a directionless frog like Tinubu

Certified certificate forger
grin
Re: PENGASSAN Confirms Return Of Fuel Subsidy Under Tinubu by bayelsaowei(m): 7:01pm On Oct 08, 2023
GanagiBitrus:

Whether Fuel Subsidy has returned or travelled, fact on ground is that fuel is being sold at ~N620 & this has brought about unbearable hardship to Nigerians.
so either ways Nigerians are screwed..

What a situation !!

1 Like

Re: PENGASSAN Confirms Return Of Fuel Subsidy Under Tinubu by nedekid: 7:06pm On Oct 08, 2023
For other oil producing countries, rise in price of crude is a blessing, but for Nigeria it is a curse.
No be juju be that?
You cannot give an economy that needs prurdent management, that needs an experienced hand both in public and private sector to a shady accountant that has never managed a proper business in his life to run. That has never turned ₦1 to ₦2. Rasing revenue by taxes is the easiest thing to do, but when there is no more taxes to be gotten nko?
One day, we will have sense.
Re: PENGASSAN Confirms Return Of Fuel Subsidy Under Tinubu by Raregem9000(m): 7:06pm On Oct 08, 2023
Is this also vanguard? https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/05/11/breaking-news-fg-removes-subsidy-fuel-to-sell-for-145-per-litre
https://dailypost.ng/2016/05/11/breaking-fg-finally-removes-fuel-subsidy-petrol-to-sell-for-n145litre/
Here's also the link to when it was reintroduced in 2020. https://www.google.com/amp/s/businessday.ng/news/article/buhari-reintroduces-fuel-subsidy-as-nigeria-pays-n5-35bn-in-june/
worksmart:
It was Vanguard news that chose to call the price hike subsidy removal, nowhere in that story did they indicate that Buhari called the price hike subsidy removal

My challenge to you is that you can never find anytime in history that any govt has ever announced that they are subsidizing fuel. That should help you understand that fuel has never been subsidized.
Re: PENGASSAN Confirms Return Of Fuel Subsidy Under Tinubu by nedekid: 7:07pm On Oct 08, 2023
TechCapon:
Subsidy was maintained by the buhari regime and fuel was 185, now the same subsidy is being paid by Tinubu's regime and fuel is 620. grin
Foto! No be juju be that?
It is called CSU accounting. cheesy
Re: PENGASSAN Confirms Return Of Fuel Subsidy Under Tinubu by worksmart(m): 7:16pm On Oct 08, 2023
Still it wasn't Buhari or his minister of state that made that comment about subsidy . NNPC is independent and can call the price hike subsidy removal if they wish. Many news agency can also call the price hike subsidy removal, but the key point is Buhari himself never described it as subsidy removal.
Raregem9000:
Is this also vanguard? Here's the link to when it was reintroduced in 2020. https://www.google.com/amp/s/businessday.ng/news/article/buhari-reintroduces-fuel-subsidy-as-nigeria-pays-n5-35bn-in-june/
Re: PENGASSAN Confirms Return Of Fuel Subsidy Under Tinubu by coleon(m): 7:21pm On Oct 08, 2023
Basicend:

Guy, what on earth do you want the govt to do. . ?

Are you a mad man?

Do you have someone in senate or the executives that is transferring stolen funds to you?

If he did not subsidize, that means PMS right now will be at N860 in Lagos by NNPC at best end price. . and if he had not been pegging the dollar at N1,000 range since the past 2 months, most importers including the Oil Marketers will have been getting a dollar at around N1,600 by now. .

Check my previous posts and you will know am not a Tinubu or APC advocate, but look, as humans, we must adjust and re-adjust just to get things right.

Why do people even talk like this. . Can you pay N1,600 per Litre now? Which is the reality of the status of NGN). Is so annoying. .

You are the confused and daft person here.
The forex you are attributing to have made fuel above 1600 per litre through your illogical economics.
Who made the forex to jump to that rate? Is it not the same mumu president?
He should be held responsible for both the forex and the fuel hike or subsidy addition.
Throughout buharis clueless and directionless regime forex never got to 800 even in the black market. Now there's still black market despite Tinubus mumu forex unification and it's selling at 1500 yet zombies like you don't think it's tinubus fault but innocent citizens complaining.

3 Likes

Re: PENGASSAN Confirms Return Of Fuel Subsidy Under Tinubu by Raregem9000(m): 7:29pm On Oct 08, 2023
Stop arguing what you don't know bro. The Federal Government on Wednesday announced the removal of subsidy on Premium Motor Spirit,PMS, otherwise known as petrol, meaning that Nigerians will now have to buy the product for N145 per litre.
https://dailypost.ng/2016/05/11/breaking-fg-finally-removes-fuel-subsidy-petrol-to-sell-for-n145litre/
Who is FG? Read the article i sent
worksmart:
Still it wasn't Buhari or his minister of state that made that comment about subsidy . NNPC is independent and can call the price hike subsidy removal if they wish. Many news agency can also call the price hike subsidy removal, but the key point is Buhari himself never described it as subsidy removal.
Re: PENGASSAN Confirms Return Of Fuel Subsidy Under Tinubu by Morningstarrr(m): 7:36pm On Oct 08, 2023
Finestgurlie:
thunder scatter Tinubu
Plus his supporters and APC put together

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PENGASSAN Confirms Return Of Fuel Subsidy Under Tinubu by easytig(m): 7:50pm On Oct 08, 2023
Na now your day break,I thought you were defending them before,let me clear your doubt, tinubu and co don loot shege for the past few months
nairalanda1:
Never ever trust a Nigerian politican

APC has gone back to bad economic practice, so to speak.

Like I said, Nigerian politicans prefer subsidy...because they want to be voted back into office. Not because they want to leave behind a legacy that would benefit Nigerians.

At the end, the same old show continues.
Re: PENGASSAN Confirms Return Of Fuel Subsidy Under Tinubu by easytig(m): 7:51pm On Oct 08, 2023
Na now your day break,I thought you were defending them before,let me clear your doubt, tinubu and co don loot shege for the past few months
nairalanda1:
Never ever trust a Nigerian politican

APC has gone back to bad economic practice, so to speak.

Like I said, Nigerian politicans prefer subsidy...because they want to be voted back into office. Not because they want to leave behind a legacy that would benefit Nigerians.

At the end, the same old show continues.
Re: PENGASSAN Confirms Return Of Fuel Subsidy Under Tinubu by Ikpunnegi01: 8:14pm On Oct 08, 2023
Taylor92:

You can say that again and again! The Ebola got nothing to offer except spreading his virus to his zombies .
Re: PENGASSAN Confirms Return Of Fuel Subsidy Under Tinubu by benjaminlawson(m): 8:15pm On Oct 08, 2023
Nigeria has turned to private enterprise, in which the politicians and CEO of all government establishment behave as if they own Nigeria. They behave the way they want, experts advice were not sort before pronouncement of any policy, these are the reasons that leads to inconsistent policies, like police pronouncement and reversal or
conciliation of policy pronounced.
Re: PENGASSAN Confirms Return Of Fuel Subsidy Under Tinubu by aylive02(m): 8:44pm On Oct 08, 2023
Taylor92:

. They will all leave this world miserably wherever they are.
Re: PENGASSAN Confirms Return Of Fuel Subsidy Under Tinubu by Basher8583: 9:26pm On Oct 08, 2023
Taylor92:

Who is collecting the subsidy.

Cant they be exposed?

Last I checked NNPC is no longer a government property

Again how has the subsidy affected the cost of fuel. What was being subsidized?

No just dey open your trap of a mouth without concrete evidence.
Re: PENGASSAN Confirms Return Of Fuel Subsidy Under Tinubu by MountHoreb: 9:53pm On Oct 08, 2023
Taylor92:

You can say that again. Bunch of irredeemable fellows.
Re: PENGASSAN Confirms Return Of Fuel Subsidy Under Tinubu by Goldymafia: 10:06pm On Oct 08, 2023
Chigozie321:

Would you prefer we buy fuel at N900 to a liter?

Our major problem is lack of functioning refineries. A partial subsidy is still better than nothing.
bro you dey craze....remove subsidy or take us back to normal price...and use other funds to revitalize our refinery
Re: PENGASSAN Confirms Return Of Fuel Subsidy Under Tinubu by Basicend: 10:09pm On Oct 08, 2023
coleon:

You are the confused and daft person here.
The forex you are attributing to have made fuel above 1600 per litre through your illogical economics.
Who made the forex to jump to that rate? Is it not the same mumu president?
He should be held responsible for both the forex and the fuel hike or subsidy addition.
Throughout buharis clueless and directionless regime forex never got to 800 even in the black market. Now there's still black market despite Tinubus mumu forex unification and it's selling at 1500 yet zombies like you don't think it's tinubus fault but innocent citizens complaining.

Guy,

What you don't know is that resolutions are caliberated from a repairable point.

There are many economic kids here on NL and I don't have power to write much now.

I huzzled for my money, maybe just like you, am not a politician and don't access to their stolen flows.

Tinubu had made d gross error when he came in, and I know that he is not yet disciplined enough to address the leakages at the top which is the major issue.

If the new govt continued to subsidize FX and PMS (when they came in, the way Buhari was doing it), they will crash. So, he had to change approach in someway.
Which means he has to remove the cushion from one of the 2 core revenue segments, but not both, at the same time.

His eyes is clear now, and he is trying to rectify his errors.

Obi would have removed cushions from both segments too. . He said it last week. I don't even want to mention Atiku.

The only way now for govt to soften to stress on masses is by marginally adjusting things as he is doing now. (Realistically, they also cannot survive a drastic or gross reversal) As a gesture, he even declared some little increament to govt workforce.

This is a heavy backlog of Buhari's terrible incompetence.

Research more.
Re: PENGASSAN Confirms Return Of Fuel Subsidy Under Tinubu by SuccessfulRichi: 10:17pm On Oct 08, 2023
If subsidy is back then return price of fuel to 185 that buhari govt left. Well, you can't expect anything good from a criminal govt. Chaiii 😢😢💀☠️
Re: PENGASSAN Confirms Return Of Fuel Subsidy Under Tinubu by mkoabiola: 11:28pm On Oct 08, 2023
Ds gvt is another pro max scam
Re: PENGASSAN Confirms Return Of Fuel Subsidy Under Tinubu by paskal16: 12:15am On Oct 09, 2023
See what yourubas has put us nigerians into
Now everyone has to suffer the consequences for a political party that has been inept to the growth of the nation for close to a decade

1 Like

Re: PENGASSAN Confirms Return Of Fuel Subsidy Under Tinubu by Lumarstone: 2:52am On Oct 09, 2023
Taylor92:

BAAT Bola Ahmed Adekunle Tinubu is extraordinary playlist oOoOOh in issues of forgery. Nigeria's number one award winner.
Re: PENGASSAN Confirms Return Of Fuel Subsidy Under Tinubu by OsunOriginal: 6:40am On Oct 09, 2023
treesun:

https://dailytrust.com/pengassan-confirms-return-of-fuel-subsidy-under-tinubu/

A document by the Federal Account Allocation Committee (FAAC), sighted by our reporter, showed that in August 2023, the Nigerian Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG) paid $275m as dividends to Nigeria via NNPC Limited. NNPC Limited used $220m (N169.4 billion at N770/$) out of the $275m to pay for the PMS subsidy. Then NNPC held back $55m, illegally.

Ordinary Nigerians got nothing from $275m dividends.
The irredeemably glutinous elites, politicians, and the so-called educated illiterate leaders (in both private and public sectors) shared $275m among themselves, leaving nothing for Nigerians and Nigeria.

The monies at the end of the day will end up in Dubai, London, US, etc in private accounts.

I know the solution to this problem but won't reveal it until Nigerians are ready

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Murray-Bruce Cruises On Small Boat To Get To His Constituency (Photos) / South-South Governors Want Corruption Charges Dropped To Stop Pipeline Attacks / Stop Praising Osinbajo, Nothing Like 'Osinbajo Administration’ - APC Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.