Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Where Do I Start From This - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Where Do I Start From This (2718 Views)

When Should I Start Having Sex With My New Boyfriend / Anytime My Husband Is About To Release Inside Me I Start Praying For Him - Dorca / Before I Start Selling My Body In 2019 Who Wants Me? -- Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Do I Start From This by OndoRaph(m): 1:36pm On Oct 09, 2023
I am typically frustrated with life. I am 34 years old and a graduate from the university. I graduated in 2019 after struggling to pay tuition fees and surviving. It will be apt to say that I am a failure so far. I am ready to do any job but there ain't none coming. I even lack courage to approach situations; how can I go out when I have only 2 threadbare and worn out clothes, one overused pair of foot wear for the past 1 and half year. This days, because there is no hope of buying or receiving used clothes, I stay in doors to elongate the lifespan of the 2 I have. Yesterday, I was beginning to understand why some commit suicide. I know there are Nairalanders who are employers and reading this. Please save a soul. I am not begging for money. Please, I sincerely need a job in my life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Do I Start From This by Mhizzard(m): 1:52pm On Oct 09, 2023
With what have been reading on this forum,there are many employers who own or manage a firm.may God touchs their heart For you and others

3 Likes

Re: Where Do I Start From This by OndoRaph(m): 2:04pm On Oct 09, 2023
Mhizzard:
With what have been reading on this forum,there are many employers who own or manage a firm.may God touchs their heart For you and others
You don't sound like a Nigerian. A typical Naijarian would lambaste. Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Where Do I Start From This by Mhizzard(m): 2:14pm On Oct 09, 2023
OndoRaph:
You don't sound like a Nigerian. A typical Naijarian would lambaste. Thanks
Lol of course am a nigerian.as far i have what we actually called heart,and i fully understand what people are facing during this period;therefore i can't Do that.

6 Likes

Re: Where Do I Start From This by OndoRaph(m): 3:05pm On Oct 09, 2023
Sure, I can move in to any part of the country if informed.
Re: Where Do I Start From This by OndoRaph(m): 3:07pm On Oct 09, 2023
Re: Where Do I Start From This by LikeAking: 3:37pm On Oct 09, 2023
OndoRaph:
I am typically frustrated with life. I am 34 years old and a graduate from the university. I graduated in 2019 after struggling to pay tuition fees and surviving. It will be apt to say that I am a failure so far. I am ready to do any job but there ain't none coming. I even lack courage to approach situations; how can I go out when I have only 2 threadbare and worn out clothes, one overused pair of foot wear for the past 1 and half year. This days, because there is no hope of buying or receiving used clothes, I stay in doors to elongate the lifespan of the 2 I have. Yesterday, I was beginning to understand why some commit suicide. I know there are Nairalanders who are employers and reading this. Please save a soul. I am not begging for money. Please, I sincerely need a job in my life.

E go beta!

Just go out and socialize..

2 Likes

Re: Where Do I Start From This by Akinboboz(m): 3:41pm On Oct 09, 2023
Firstly sir, where do u based, there are many works you can start on your own that doesn't required capital to set up.

See my dear brother, I graduated in 2019 as well, but then, I was looking for job up and down and was offering something that's not obtainable, i have to divert to real estate agent, though the journey look rough even up till now but God has been faithful.

Though, your location would determine that, if you're in capital city, kindly locate any real estate firm and let them put you through, you can start from there, locate the available space like room or shop in your street/ real and advertise them to client, meet landlord to know what they have available to let out, you'll be surprise sir, you can create job for your self, though the beginning might look rough, unsteady and unsatisfactory but with determination and courage and time, you can make it if you're faithful with it, there's always conditions attach to success, I have no money or job to give you but just needs to put you through what you can do to make money for now without capital.

Thanks.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where Do I Start From This by OndoRaph(m): 4:34pm On Oct 09, 2023
LikeAking:

E go beta!

Just go out and socialize..

Word

E don worse wer to step out sef na gbese
Re: Where Do I Start From This by OndoRaph(m): 4:55pm On Oct 09, 2023
Akinboboz:
Firstly sir, where do u based, there are many works you can start on your own that doesn't required capital to set up.

See my dear brother, I graduated in 2019 as well, but then, I was looking for job up and down and was offering something that's not obtainable, i have to divert to real estate agent, though the journey look rough even up till now but God has been faithful.

Though, your location would determine that, if you're in capital city, kindly locate any real estate firm and let them put you through, you can start from there, locate the available space like room or shop in your street/ real and advertise them to client, meet landlord to know what they have available to let out, you'll be surprise sir, you can create job for your self, though the beginning might look rough, unsteady and unsatisfactory but with determination and courage and time, you can make it if you're faithful with it, there's always conditions attach to success, I have no money or job to give you but just needs to put you through what you can do to make money for now without capital.

Thanks.
I sincerely appreciate your concern. Am not in a capital city. I know it'll be very difficult to understand my current position if you have not been there. I wish I was just a little presentable.
Re: Where Do I Start From This by Boogyman557: 6:36pm On Oct 09, 2023
v
Re: Where Do I Start From This by hakeemhakeem(m): 8:58pm On Oct 09, 2023
Add your discipline, city and what you can do to your post, you don't give out half information on this kind of issues

1 Like

Re: Where Do I Start From This by Kobojunkie: 10:08pm On Oct 09, 2023
OndoRaph:
Where are your parents, and your family through all of this? undecided

■ What was your college major?
■ What have you been doing since you graduated?
■ What work, even if chores, have you busied yourself with since then?
■ Have you done even volunteer work that could show that you have not just been sitting on your arse waiting for someone to give you a job all this while?
■ What books have you been reading?
■ What life philosophies have you acquired through all your time without work?
■ Have you joined any clubs or groups in that time to network with others who may be in the same situation or better? undecided

These are some of the questions I would ask someone in your situation who seeks to become a potential employee of mine. Saying you are depressed and have no cloths to wear is nonsense really since you are meant to show that even through it all, you are mentally and physically trained and ready to take on a job and give it your best. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Where Do I Start From This by OndoRaph(m): 10:55pm On Oct 09, 2023
Re: Where Do I Start From This by OndoRaph(m): 10:57pm On Oct 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Where are your parents, and your family through all of this? undecided

■ What was your college major?
■ What have you been doing since you graduated?
■ What work, even if chores, have you busied yourself with since then?
■ Have you done even volunteer work that could show that you have not just been sitting on your arse waiting for someone to give you a job all this while?
■ What books have you been reading?
■ What life philosophies have you acquired through all your time without work?
■ Have you joined any clubs or groups in that time to network with others who may be in the same situation or better? undecided

These are some of the questions I would ask someone in your situation who seeks to become a potential employee of mine. Saying you are depressed and have no cloths to wear is nonsense really since you are meant to show that even through it all, you are mentally and physically trained and ready to take on a job and give it your best. undecided
I have cogent answers to your supposed questions
Re: Where Do I Start From This by Kobojunkie: 11:01pm On Oct 09, 2023
OndoRaph:
I have cogent answers to your supposed questions
Provide them all so potential employers will at least realize you are more useful than your OP portrays. undecided
Re: Where Do I Start From This by OndoRaph(m): 11:11pm On Oct 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Provide them all so potential employers will at least realize you are more useful than your OP portrays. undecided
For some reasons, I chose to be a little discreet about some details to avoid a connection of thoughts from people who might have leads to me. Notwithstanding, I will in a more closed chat.
Re: Where Do I Start From This by Kobojunkie: 11:15pm On Oct 09, 2023
OndoRaph:
■ For some reasons, I choose to be a little discreet about some details to avoid a connection of thoughts from people who might have leads to me. Notwithstanding, I will in a more closed chat.
So the content of your OP might not lead to you but the answers you give to non-personal questions would? Oh boy! undecided
Re: Where Do I Start From This by OndoRaph(m): 11:27pm On Oct 09, 2023
Re: Where Do I Start From This by OndoRaph(m): 11:28pm On Oct 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So the content of your OP might not lead to you but the answers you give to non-personal questions would? Oh boy! undecided
College major, what I have been doing since, volunteer work; all these will give me up. Then, if we engage in spontaneous discourse to ascertain some level of truthfulness and competence, it will be glaring to a curious in-the-know eyes.
Re: Where Do I Start From This by Kobojunkie: 11:34pm On Oct 09, 2023
OndoRaph:
■ College major, what I have been doing since, volunteer work; all these will give me up.
■ Then, if we engage in spontaneous discourse to ascertain some level of truthfulness and competence, it will be glaring to a curious in-the-know eyes.
Are you the only one who has ever done that particular major, or volunteer work ever, or am I missing something here?

My opinion so far is you don't seem desperate enough for work. You seem more concerned about what people will think instead. So do you also only post your resume online for work when there are no curious-in-the-know-eyes as well? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Where Do I Start From This by OndoRaph(m): 11:36pm On Oct 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Are you the only one who has ever done that particular major, or volunteer work ever, or am I missing something here?

My opinion so far is you don't seem desperate enough for work. You seem more concerned about what people will think instead undecided
Linguistics is my major
Re: Where Do I Start From This by Kobojunkie: 11:38pm On Oct 09, 2023
OndoRaph:
Linguistics is my major
What work, whether formally or informally, have you done using your linguistics skills or at least any of the skills you obtained from college? undecided
Re: Where Do I Start From This by OndoRaph(m): 11:51pm On Oct 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
What work, whether formally or informally, have you done using your linguistics skills or at least any of the skills you obtained from college? undecided
I taught in a private secondary school for 2yrs. The proprietor was an enigma. I am also a prolific and knowledgeable writer of mostly academic contents but lack gigs currently as a result of what I mentioned earlier on this thread. I am good with MS Excel, MS Word - 80WPM, graphic designing - Corel Draw. I Also worked in computer centres prior to my admission, even after
Re: Where Do I Start From This by Kobojunkie: 12:06am On Oct 10, 2023
OndoRaph:
I taught in a private secondary school for 2yrs. The proprietor was an enigma. I am also a prolific and knowledgeable writer of mostly academic content but lack gigs currently as a result of what I mentioned earlier on this thread. I am good with MS Excel, MS Word - 80WPM, graphic designing - Corel Draw. I Also worked in computer centres prior to my admission, even after
You have the skills to create for yourself something that might become a niche of sorts to propel you into a limitless future, so what have you been waiting for? If I had half your skills and found myself without work, I would probably consider translating a book or screenplay from one local language to English —adding illustrations or even making it a complete graphic novel— after which I then pitch the idea back to the screenwriter or publisher.

Take for example the 80s TV series 'Arelu' which featured the recently passed actor Ojo Arowosafe who acted the "Fadeyi Oloro" which has never been translated to English for a broader audience. Even at that, there are no books on the story. Well, what can a linguistic graduate with Corel Draw skills do in this? He can gather a bunch of friends — even other unemployed here on Nairaland —and work together to translate the entire series, choosing to include graphic illustrations or better still convert it all into a graphic novel series and then present this as an idea to the original 'Arelu' writers or production company to owns the copywriter to the work. You never know what might come of it. Imagine the potential gains from such a project. undecided https://www.nairaland.com/845400/arelu-youtube

Other potential works that you can take advantage of are "Agbara Nla", "Mama mi L'ekó", "Yemi my lover". https://www.nairaland.com/857019/please-remember-name-old-yoruba

Another good book to consider reworking into a graphic novel is Akin the Drummer boy. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Where Do I Start From This by OndoRaph(m): 12:15am On Oct 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You have the skills to create for yourself something that might become a niche of sorts to propel you into a limitless future, so what have you been waiting for? If I had half your skills and found myself without work, I would probably consider translating a book or screenplay from one local language to English —adding illustrations or even making it a complete graphic novel— after which I then pitch the idea back to the screenwriter or publisher.

Take for example the 80s TV series 'Arelu' which featured the recently passed actor Ojo Arowosafe who acted the "Fadeyi Oloro" which has never been translated to English for a broader audience. Even at that, there are no books on the story. Well, what can a linguistic graduate with Corel Draw skills do in this? He can gather a bunch of friends — even other unemployed here on Nairaland —and work together to translate the entire series, choosing to include graphic illustrations or better still convert it all into a graphic novel series and then present this as an idea to the original 'Arelu' writers or production company to owns the copywriter to the work. You never know what might come of it. Imagine the potential gains from such a project. undecided

Another good book to consider reworking into a graphic novel is Akin the Drummer boy. undecided
This is a good foresight! However, the starting point involves unavailable resources. That's why I need a job rather now. My brother, the truth is people see prospects in me.
Re: Where Do I Start From This by Kobojunkie: 12:21am On Oct 10, 2023
OndoRaph:
■ This is a good foresight! However, the starting point involves unavailable resources. That's why I need a job rather now.
My brother, the truth is people see prospects in me.
Like what kind? if this particular idea that I pitched does not work, then find another idea which you can work on for yourself using all that time on your hands and use it to get yourself something uniquely yours out there. undecided

2. People see prospects in you but do those same prospects translate to actual sustainable employment, and of the kind that you love? undecided
Re: Where Do I Start From This by OndoRaph(m): 12:35am On Oct 10, 2023
Re: Where Do I Start From This by OndoRaph(m): 12:37am On Oct 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Like what kind? if this particular idea that I pitched does not work, then find another idea which you can work on for yourself using all that time on your hands and use it to get yourself something uniquely yours out there. undecided

2. People see prospects in you but do those same prospects translate to actual sustainable employment, and of the kind that you love? undecided
I sincerely appreciate your concern for me. Hope keeps us alive, you gave me one tonight.
Re: Where Do I Start From This by Kobojunkie: 12:38am On Oct 10, 2023
OndoRaph:
I sincerely appreciate your concern for me. Hope keeps us alive, you gave me one tonight.
You have the skills. So you just need to be convinced enough to do things differently from how you have always done them is what may be the issue here. Better than sitting back, and waiting for others to open the door to employment for you, you can instead take the bull by the horns and create a door for yourself. And to do it, you may even need to move back to your mama and papa's house, where you go bunker down until you have achieved your goal. undecided
Re: Where Do I Start From This by OndoRaph(m): 12:47am On Oct 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You have the skills. So you just need to be convinced enough to do things differently from how you have always done them is what may be the issue here. Better than sitting back, and waiting for others to open the door to employment for you, you can instead take the bull by the horns and create a door for yourself. undecided
My passion was to have a computer operations centre in a student area that was and is still a perfect location considering my experience and knowledge of the same environment. But based on high inflation in the country, only necessary start-up cost totalled N500k. By now it would propel further.
Re: Where Do I Start From This by Kobojunkie: 12:52am On Oct 10, 2023
OndoRaph:
■ My passion was to have a computer operations centre in a student area that was and is still a perfect location considering my experience and knowledge of the same environment. But based on high inflation in the country, only necessary start-up cost totalled N500k. By now it would propel further.
That is what your passion is? Why did you bother attending college then when you could have used all that college money to start up this passion of yours instead? undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Help!!! Fair Money Is After My Life. / If You are broke, QUIT TOASTING women..pirrriod!!!!! / Can U Marry A Ur Best Friend Ex- Girlfriend???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.